Official Nintendo Switch Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
    Nintendo could have gone with the Tegra X2 or Xavier SoC from Nvidia and possibly doubling the ram all for less or roughly the same cost as the current Switch with native 4K support and DLSS. Xavier SoC supports 8K support.

It is a lost opportunity on Nintendo's part really.
    Not really. They don't actually need it until they need it.
    they could milk the current system till the well runs dry. It still prints money.

THEN they will drop the megaton switch pro with 4k HD 60fps graphics and everyone will go bonkers.

And thus, more money shall be printed that day onwards.

If they drop a 4k switch pro now, what will they have when its time for Switch 2?
    ------Squachbox 2022------
    Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 full size aluminum chassis
    Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750watt PSU
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
    Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
    2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
    BenQ Mobiuz EX2710S 27" FHD monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
    Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
    Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
    Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe
    HyperX Cloud Stinger wired headset

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquach View Post
      Not really. They don't actually need it until they need it.
      they could milk the current system till the well runs dry. It still prints money.

THEN they will drop the megaton switch pro with 4k HD 60fps graphics and everyone will go bonkers.

And thus, more money shall be printed that day onwards.

If they drop a 4k switch pro now, what will they have when its time for Switch 2?
      Yep, i think you understand Nintendo's business mindset perfectly well.

Comment

Originally posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
        Adults are not the target market for the Switch, which is why you probably never play it. Both my kids fight over ours daily.

Nor are PC gamers who want high resolutions and framerate. Most Switch owners don't give a damn about that sort of thing.

But go ahead continue arguing with me over such a dumb topic. Feel like I'm 12 years old again on the school yard.
        I'm not really arguing.
        Originally posted by IamHere
        You guys are closet communists.

Comment

Originally posted by Elysian View Post
          I'm not really arguing.
          Good because I'm getting too old for it.

Comment

Originally posted by SirBaron View Post
            I wonder if this one will have joycon drift?
            Likely still has it.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2021/07/06/n...e-drift-issue/

Such a complete bullcrap issue to still have. Shame on Nintendo.
            -Trunks0
            not speaking for all and if I am wrong I never said it.
            (plz note that is meant as a joke)

System:
            Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - PowerColor RedDevil Radeon RX 7900XTX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by Trunks0 View Post
              Likely still has it.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2021/07/06/n...e-drift-issue/

Such a complete bullcrap issue to still have. Shame on Nintendo.

No bluetooth headphones.

$60 5 year old games.

LMFAO **** nintendo. They have no respect for their consumers at this point and don't even have the shame to try to hide it like P$ and M$ do.

Comment

Originally posted by Hapatingjaky View Post
                Nintendo could have gone with the Tegra X2 or Xavier SoC from Nvidia and possibly doubling the ram all for less or roughly the same cost as the current Switch with native 4K support and DLSS. Xavier SoC supports 8K support.

It is a lost opportunity on Nintendo's part really.
                Originally posted by Jkmetal23 View Post
                No bluetooth headphones.

$60 5 year old games.

LMFAO **** nintendo. They have no respect for their consumers at this point and don't even have the shame to try to hide it like P$ and M$ do.
                Nintendo has zero reason to refresh the switch right now, as its still selling like hotcakes. Actually I think they only added the oled screen so they could jack up the price by $50. Its like the new GeForce ti cards, adding very little value but jacking up the price to whatever the market will bear.

Honestly I'd rather see Nintendo continue to lower the price of the switch lite than release a switch pro (neither of which are happening, btw). I'm currently at a family reunion, and we've gathered up 8x 3ds/2ds units, and we've been doing epic 8 player Mario Kart sessions. This is possible because 2ds handhelds got super cheap for awhile... I personally bought 3 when they were $70 for the one that comes with Mario Kart built in. At those prices, families could buy one for each of their kids, rather than just a single unit for the family. If they could get the Switch Lite into the $130 range, that kind of multiplayer madness would become a reality.

Btw, Mario Kart is way more fun playing around a table as a lan party than it is sitting shoulder to shoulder on a couch.
                Originally posted by KAC
                To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
                Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
                Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
                Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
                Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
                Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
                Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
                tnt2
                geforce2mx
                kyro 2
                radeon 8500
                radeon 9600
                radeon 9800pro
                radeon x800pro
                geforce 8800gtx
                radeon 6850
                radeon 280
                radeon 580
                radeon 6700xt

Comment

Still having not fixing the joystick drift is inexcusable at this point and now just feels purposefully negligent.
                  -Trunks0
                  not speaking for all and if I am wrong I never said it.
                  (plz note that is meant as a joke)

System:
                  Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - PowerColor RedDevil Radeon RX 7900XTX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit

Comment

Saw the news on the OLED model. Doesn’t seem like worth the upgrade.

Comment

Yeah pretty underwhelming, but I guess these days it's better since most humans wouldn't be able to buy a hot new Switch 2.0. At least now I don't care if I can buy it or not. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jkmetal23 View Post
                        No bluetooth headphones.

$60 5 year old games.

Its funny hearing stuff like this because....they've never really changed their methods.
                        Probably cuz they never really catered to the "core" market like the PS and XB do.

Plus none of these switch variants have really been an upgrade or worth the "upgrade" unless you were looking to get your first switch or a second one.
                        Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                        Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

maybe we'll see a nice PS5-portable instead ....

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Comment

So, I never played skyward sword, is it really as bad as the interwebs claims it is?

Comment

Originally posted by Mangler View Post
                              So, I never played skyward sword, is it really as bad as the interwebs claims it is?
                              Its actually the only mainline Zelda game I still haven't played through.

My understanding is the Wii motion controls made it kind of a pain to play, and the tutorials were a bit obnoxious. If the Switch version fixes those issues might be a decent game to play if you like Zelda.

Comment

Originally posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
                                Well, one could argue Nintendo marches to the beat of their own drum.
                                Always have and always will

I wonder if this one will have joycon drift?
                                From what I've seen the Ps4 has drift (PS5 has the exact same stick hardware so it'll have it too), as does Xbox One (not sure if exact same hardware this time around too but i suspect it'll have the same issue), I think it's more widespread on the Switch though

Originally posted by Trunks0 View Post
                                Still having not fixing the joystick drift is inexcusable at this point and now just feels purposefully negligent.
                                I wonder if they determined that it's cheaper just to continue doing what they're doing. Nintendo is a pretty scummy company when they are doing well but then again that seems to go for most companies

Originally posted by Silent-Runner View Post
                                maybe we'll see a nice PS5-portable instead ....
                                Not a chance in hell...it isn't possible to put that kind of hardware into a portable and make it even slightly affordable

I'm actually surprised that anybody is surprised that Nintendo just put out a money-grab system and not a real "upgrade"...just loot at their sales position and look at how incredibly difficult it is to get new chips and hardware today. At the absolute best you'll be waiting until next year for a proper upgraded system...most likely 2 years away

Comment

Sony could just make a low level device with powerful WiFi chip, and 5G support,and use it as ps5 remote play device. Could he cheap too without having to use fast hardware
                                  Fantards the scourge of the universe:

Comment

Originally posted by MyTMouse View Post
                                    Not a chance in hell...it isn't possible to put that kind of hardware into a portable and make it even slightly affordable
                                    it was just a joke, of course we won't ever see anything like that.

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Comment

Originally posted by MyTMouse View Post
                                      Always have and always will

From what I've seen the Ps4 has drift (PS5 has the exact same stick hardware so it'll have it too), as does Xbox One (not sure if exact same hardware this time around too but i suspect it'll have the same issue), I think it's more widespread on the Switch though

I wonder if they determined that it's cheaper just to continue doing what they're doing. Nintendo is a pretty scummy company when they are doing well but then again that seems to go for most companies

I'm actually surprised that anybody is surprised that Nintendo just put out a money-grab system and not a real "upgrade"...just loot at their sales position and look at how incredibly difficult it is to get new chips and hardware today. At the absolute best you'll be waiting until next year for a proper upgraded system...most likely 2 years away
                                      People just want Nintendo to be just like Sony and MS...even though they've stopped being like one of them that after the Gamecube.
                                      Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                      Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

I just bought 2 switch lites, was waiting to see what the new version would bring, fairly underwhelming, oled screen is nice, but I dont have any intentions of ever docking the switch, so I'd rather save $200.

That being said, I'm actually enjoying Sword/Shield, me and wife have been playing together, any other games I missed? I had a launch switch, already played Zelda, Mario Kart, and Mario Party (both were underwhelming IMO).

Little annoyed as others said, old games still going for $60. But that's classic Nintendo.
                                        The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.
                                        -George Carlin
                                        An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz

Comment

I think I have all the Mario games on Switch. If you haven’t played then you can try Mario Odyssey, Mario Bros Wii U something, Super Smash Bros Ultimate and maybe Mario and Rabbids (which seems to be a very hard game).

Comment

I dunno what it is with Nintendo but i am completely wasting my time with Animal Crossing lol.

Theres really nothing to do in that game (since its somewhat of a "life simulator" with no real objectives...i guess its more of an "objective/achievement simulator"), yet i keep coming back to it lol.

And i have a few titles in my back catalog which i started and ignored lol.
                                            Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                            Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

I dunno what it is with Nintendo but i am completely wasting my time with Animal Crossing lol.

Theres really nothing to do in that game (since its somewhat of a "life simulator" with no real objectives...i guess its more of an "objective/achievement simulator"), yet i keep coming back to it lol.

And i have a few titles in my back catalog which i started and ignored lol.
                                              my wife loved it, i got bored to tears after 5 minutes. Just not my type of game, i guess.

Comment

my wife loved it, i got bored to tears after 5 minutes. Just not my type of game, i guess.
                                                I suppose this is like a phone game to me, where i want to get in and out for a little bit without thinking too much, and where leaving mid-game would affect absolutely nothing in-game lol.

I also play CS:Go in Casual playmodes which is kind of the same thing, except i shoot people lol (its my PC gaming FPS fix)

I guess i just dont really have the desire to use my brain much when playing games lately lol.
                                                Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                                Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

I suppose this is like a phone game to me, where i want to get in and out for a little bit without thinking too much, and where leaving mid-game would affect absolutely nothing in-game lol.

I also play CS:Go in Casual playmodes which is kind of the same thing, except i shoot people lol (its my PC gaming FPS fix)

I guess i just dont really have the desire to use my brain much when playing games lately lol.

that's perfectly fine. It's like well, me after a day of hard work, i just want to sit down and watch something to chill, my wife on the other hand watches those CSI / Medical Detectives BS all day long. I dunno how she can stomach that amount of murder, slaughter, rape and whatnot.

/rant

Comment

I did pre-order the oled model out of boredem, but I cancelled it the min the Steam Deck appeared.

Comment

I did pre-order the oled model out of boredem, but I cancelled it the min the Steam Deck appeared.
                                                      Originally posted by KAC
                                                      To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
                                                      Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
                                                      Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
                                                      Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
                                                      Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
                                                      Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
                                                      Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
                                                      tnt2
                                                      geforce2mx
                                                      kyro 2
                                                      radeon 8500
                                                      radeon 9600
                                                      radeon 9800pro
                                                      radeon x800pro
                                                      geforce 8800gtx
                                                      radeon 6850
                                                      radeon 280
                                                      radeon 580
                                                      radeon 6700xt

Comment

Originally posted by SubCog View Post

Comment

Originally posted by SubCog View Post
                                                          I have Ryujinx and Yuzu for the "switch Pro", this was just a boredem purchase.

Not enough difference from my OG switch.

Comment

Pokémon Legends: Arceus

I'm actually looking forward to the release later this week.

[yt]ERAhGia6azE[/yt]

Comment

well, it looks like it could be actual fun. It's around 60 bucks though which is not so much fun.

Comment

Don't like the look of it, looks so empty and bland.

I haven't liked any of them since the 3DS, Lets Go was everything right, except the battles and catching mechanics...

Next one had terrible performance.

Comment

well, it looks like it could be actual fun. It's around 60 bucks though which is not so much fun.
                                                                  Aside from a short stint with pokemon emulated on a gameboy emulator, i wasnt really big on pokemon.

The pricetag though...its not surprising, up here Nintendo first party and most of the AAA quality and other big name titles are 79.99 CAD and has been since the system's launch.

I just find it funny when people see pricing like that and do a double take because its expensive.

And here i am thinking how normal it is for the Switch lol.
                                                                  Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                                                  Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

At least nintendo is not on the 80€ train.

Comment

Aside from a short stint with pokemon emulated on a gameboy emulator, i wasnt really big on pokemon.

The pricetag though...its not surprising, up here Nintendo first party and most of the AAA quality and other big name titles are 79.99 CAD and has been since the system's launch.

I just find it funny when people see pricing like that and do a double take because its expensive.

And here i am thinking how normal it is for the Switch lol.
                                                                      same here, what i meant was that it might be fun, but not exactly a 60 bucks worth fun. And yes, it's the normal price tag for Nintendo, but still... for 30/35 bucks i'd grab it but not for 60.

Comment

same here, what i meant was that it might be fun, but not exactly a 60 bucks worth fun. And yes, it's the normal price tag for Nintendo, but still... for 30/35 bucks i'd grab it but not for 60.
                                                                        I read the same things about Metroid Dread. How its just another "metroidvania" title (ironic to call it that because...its an actual metroid game which along with other older titles defined the side scroller action platformer), looked like maybe just a better indie title and it costs too much at its usual Nintendo price and should be half that.

Turns out the game is universally praised as one of the best games on the system and in the franchise. So there must be some kind of justification to give it the "nintendo" price.

I suppose this Pokemon game is supposed to be their next big AAA title though, cuz they have in the past brought first party games out at lower prices...usually its the spinoff type games though and maybe remake/remasters.
                                                                        Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                                                        Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

I suppose this Pokemon game is supposed to be their next big AAA title though, cuz they have in the past brought first party games out at lower prices...usually its the spinoff type games though and maybe remake/remasters.
                                                                          don't get me wrong, i guess all the Pokemon-Nerds will be all over it sure enough. For the not so hardcore crowd though it will be (just) a fun lil game as a lot of others are too.

And let's be honest for a moment, just because Nintendo claims it is an AAA title doesn't automatically means it will be one. Also, as SirBaron pointed out, it looks kinda bland.

Comment

A lot of pokemon people are hating the way arceus is looking.

Comment

Originally posted by logical View Post
                                                                              A lot of pokemon people are hating the way arceus is looking.

It looks like pokemon to me, maybe a bit breath of the wild in the cel shading side but...thats about it.........what were they expecting?

Its not like Pokemon has been a showcase of graphical superiority.....
                                                                              Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                                                              Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

Even Breath of the Wild was no graphical masterpiece on the switch. Not until it was emulated to the pc anyways. It's resolution was only 900p on the switch.

Comment

Doesn't the budget determine if a game is AAA or not?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X