Official Nintendo Switch Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SirBaron View Post
    still a dick move from Nintendo regardless, they're the most anti consumer friendly of the 3, which is saying something as Sony is pretty bad in that regard too.
    It is a dick anti-consumer move. But from a business perspective it of course makes sense. They want to push customers to their current platform. What can you do? Oh, besides buying second hand physical copies that is.

Originally posted by Sasquach View Post
    I hope my SD card doesnt die cuz if i lose the ability to redownload pikmin3 it'll be the only place i have it stored.
    Physical copies go for like $20-25 on Ebay. Just grab one and you're set for life.

Originally posted by logical View Post
    I would like ports of the Marios and Zeldas that came on Wii-U. I skipped Wii and WiiU so a port of any zelda and mario I will buy.

It seems to weird to me that Nintendo wouldnt take advantage of their first party games and just port them over. It cant be that much work and they would make their money spent porting back ten fold.
    Yeah it also confuses me why they haven't ported over games like Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, 3D World, or Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD versions yet. Maybe they are holding out for something.

Comment

Isn't there are rumor about a Mario collection coming out at the end of the year?

Comment

Originally posted by Mangler View Post
        Isn't there are rumor about a Mario collection coming out at the end of the year?
        Oh yeah that's right I forgot about that. Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy, would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
          Oh yeah that's right I forgot about that. Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy, would be awesome.
          I've been watching for these. I'd REALLY like to see all 3 of them ported over, even though I don't own a Switch.

I need more reasons to buy one yet, still not many games, IMO.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
          Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
          EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
          32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
          Corsair HX1000W
          Corsair 600T Silver Edition
          Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
          LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
          Asus Sabretooth Z77
          Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
          16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
          Corsair CX750M
          Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
          Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by OverclockN' View Post
            I've been watching for these. I'd REALLY like to see all 3 of them ported over, even though I don't own a Switch.

Looking forward to them as well.

I still enjoy the Mario Galaxy games on the Wii, and Sunshine on the GameCube, but I really don't like playing Mario 64 on the N64 with that terrible controller.

Plus an HD version of 64 would be nice. Those early 3D polygon graphics are tough to look at even for me.

Comment

Theres a metric-ton of indie titles on it if you're into that sort of thing
              ------Squachbox 2022------
              Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 full size aluminum chassis
              Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750watt PSU
              AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
              Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
              2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
              BenQ Mobiuz EX2710S 27" FHD monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
              Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
              Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
              Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe
              HyperX Cloud Stinger wired headset

Comment

Theres a metric-ton of indie titles on it if you're into that sort of thing
                No, it most definitely is NOT my thing.

I only buy consoles for the big exclusives. Anything available on all the platforms I get for PC.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
                EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
                32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
                Corsair HX1000W
                LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
                Asus Sabretooth Z77
                Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
                16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
                Corsair CX750M
                Lian Li Lancool II Mesh

Comment

Here's a video I made explaining why Crysis Remastered is so disappointing despite being so beautiful:

[yt]ixJBYhg1C3s[/yt]

Has anyone else tried it yet?
                  YouTube Channel

Comment

Great review! I'll prolly get it when it goes on sale at some point.
                    Originally posted by KAC
                    To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
                    Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
                    Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
                    Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
                    Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
                    Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
                    Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
                    tnt2
                    geforce2mx
                    kyro 2
                    radeon 8500
                    radeon 9600
                    radeon 9800pro
                    radeon x800pro
                    geforce 8800gtx
                    radeon 6850
                    radeon 280
                    radeon 580
                    radeon 6700xt

Comment

Originally posted by Chubz View Post
                      Here's a video I made explaining why Crysis Remastered is so disappointing despite being so beautiful:

[yt]ixJBYhg1C3s[/yt]

Has anyone else tried it yet?
                      Is the remaster a disappointment (in all honestly i didnt think it needed a remaster.....) or the switch version of it?
                      Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                      Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

I really hope the pc version isn't also a remaster of the ps360 version.

And y no warhead? When you remaster a game as old as crysis you should include the expansions too.
                        Last edited by Mangler; Aug 11, 2020, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Is the remaster a disappointment (in all honestly i didnt think it needed a remaster.....) or the switch version of it?
                          They both suck IMO. I like the remaster's vibrant colors (though I do prefer some scenes in the original) and the indoor lighting is much improved (very noticeable in the huts), but the Nanosuit changes are terrible and the AI seems inferior. The main problem with the Switch version is the crashing. I'm going to assume the Switch is just under too much strain and the other versions won't crash as much, but who knows... we'll just have to wait and see. Crysis Remastered as a whole just isn't very good, though, at least compared to the original. It's nothing more than a watered down Crysis with some visual enhancements.
                          YouTube Channel

Comment

Does anyone happen to konw if you buy a game from one eshop region (CAD) and then change your account region to another (JAP), is that game considered purchased still and you can redownload the (JAP) version of that game? I cant seem to find a straight answer to this.......

Im guessing a game like Monster Hunter XX wont be because they're technically different games in the 2 regions even though its the same game? (online multiplayer cant be played between the two)

Im more curious about how it affects language support as some titles in different regions dont have all the languages available in others (some japanese versions of titles dont come with english, some english versions of that same title dont have Japanese)
                            Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                            Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

Does anyone happen to konw if you buy a game from one eshop region (CAD) and then change your account region to another (JAP), is that game considered purchased still and you can redownload the (JAP) version of that game? I cant seem to find a straight answer to this.......

Im guessing a game like Monster Hunter XX wont be because they're technically different games in the 2 regions even though its the same game? (online multiplayer cant be played between the two)

Im more curious about how it affects language support as some titles in different regions dont have all the languages available in others (some japanese versions of titles dont come with english, some english versions of that same title dont have Japanese)
                              I can't check any websites to confirm exactly since I'm at work (gaming sites blocked here) but I do know Nintendo Switch is region free. I also know of people who bought games from both Japan and America eShops. Not sure about the languages thing, I would assume its only supported if the game itself supports the default language set on your Switch. If its a completely different version of the game though not sure. Just try it out and see what happens.

Comment

It's a shame that Galaxy 2 isn't part of that 3d mario collection.
                                Last edited by Mangler; Sep 3, 2020, 07:01 AM.

Comment

So the Mario 35th anniversary announcements are as follows:

-Mario Bros 35 (Pretty much Tetris 99 but Mariobros instead of tetris). Available until march 2021 i think.
                                  -Mario Kart Tour Live (AR + props to create tracks in your house i think)
                                  -Mario All stars available on SNES online collection.
                                  -Mario 35th anniversary collection (Mario 64, Mario Sunshine, Mario Galaxy 1) Seems to be straight up ports though, but Sunshine and Galaxy gets a resolution bump?. Limited time availability until March 2021.
                                  -Mario 3d world + Bowsers fury port to switch (dunno what bowser's fury is...might be a dlc or difficulty spike or challenge levels or something).

I dunno if i'll get any of these...
                                  -I have Galaxy 1 and 2 already (still need to play 2 lol)
                                  -I have Mario All Stars on Wii
                                  -Mario 35 is NSO so i can get it already.
                                  -3dworld ive been considering for awhile, but i could get the wii-u version if theres nothing really different about it.
                                  -i guess the 35th anniversay collection i might consider soon, since its a limited release. Plus then ill get 64 and sunshine...even though i could get sunshine on wii/gamecube....
                                  Last edited by Sasquach; Sep 3, 2020, 07:13 AM.
                                  Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                  Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

We'll definitely be getting the 3D collection with Mario 64, Sunshine, and Galaxy. We've got all those games already of course, but will be great to have them portably on the Switch.

Comment

I never played galaxy 2, so it would have been nice to have it included in the collection, especially considering that it is supposed to be better than galaxy 1.

Comment

I was just looking through these updates.

TechSpot Link

I think I'm definitely going to pick up the 35th Anniversary Collection for the Switch (even though I don't have one) if it's limited run.

I wish Super Mario All Stars was a physical copy, but if there are no enhancements, it doesn't bug me all that much. I have the original on SNES.

I don't think I'll get the Mario 3D World port. I can't understand why they would even bother updating that. I just played it last year on Wii U and it looked perfectly fine as is. It was razor sharp and good enough at 1080P.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
                                        EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
                                        32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
                                        Corsair HX1000W
                                        LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
                                        Asus Sabretooth Z77
                                        Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
                                        16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
                                        Corsair CX750M
                                        Lian Li Lancool II Mesh

Comment

What's a wii u?

IMO, wii u ports makes perfect sense, a vast majority of the switch userbase never owned one, so it will be a brand new game for them.

Comment

What's a wii u?

IMO, wii u ports makes perfect sense, a vast majority of the switch userbase never owned one, so it will be a brand new game for them.
                                            True, that's a fair point...

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
                                            EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
                                            32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
                                            Corsair HX1000W
                                            LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
                                            Asus Sabretooth Z77
                                            Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
                                            16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
                                            Corsair CX750M
                                            Lian Li Lancool II Mesh

Comment

True, that's a fair point...
                                              dont have to double dip with the switch ports if you've played the wii u versions already

Unless you feel the enhancements they made to them are worth it
                                              Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                              Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

What's a wii u?
                                                Originally posted by KAC
                                                To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds

riva tnt
                                                tnt2
                                                geforce2mx
                                                kyro 2
                                                radeon 8500
                                                radeon 9600
                                                radeon 9800pro
                                                radeon x800pro
                                                geforce 8800gtx
                                                radeon 6850
                                                radeon 280
                                                radeon 580
                                                radeon 6700xt

Comment

Lol SubCog

dont have to double dip with the switch ports if you've played the wii u versions already

Unless you feel the enhancements they made to them are worth it
                                                  And the portability is a big factor for lots of people.

Comment

$59.99 for SM3DAllStars seems a bit much for what you get...
                                                    Originally posted by IamHere
                                                    You guys are closet communists.

Comment

Originally posted by Elysian View Post
                                                      Its the Nintendo tax.
                                                      Just like the CoD tax and the apple tax.

Their **** is expensive for no reason but people will pay it.
                                                      Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                                      Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

Shame that Mario 64 is just a lame ass port without any enhancements. Was hoping for much more. Seems the way to go is the native PC port with enhanced models and textures. Will get the collection for Galaxy and Sunshine.

Comment

Originally posted by Cynicalking View Post
                                                          Shame that Mario 64 is just a lame ass port without any enhancements. Was hoping for much more. Seems the way to go is the native PC port with enhanced models and textures. Will get the collection for Galaxy and Sunshine.
                                                          There's one enhancement. The M on Mario's hat is now symmetrical, where it wasn't in the original
                                                          Originally posted by IamHere
                                                          You guys are closet communists.

Comment

There's one enhancement. The M on Mario's hat is now symmetrical, where it wasn't in the original
                                                            Nintendo is finally learning about high res polygons and textures!

progress!
                                                            Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                                            Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

The collection is a pile of ****, 60 for litteraly a straight port. OH YEAH! :sarcasm:

I wasn't expecting much with the rumours, but at least some model/texture touch ups, jesus Nintendo are so annoying sometimes.
                                                              Fantards the scourge of the universe:

Comment

I'll definitely be buying it, although I wonder where Mario Galaxy 2 is? Galaxy1&2 are probably the greatest games ever made, imo.

As for no enhancements to Mario 64, I do think it would be interesting for them to do a remaster of the DS version, as that one had all kinds of extra crap in it that's kindof fun / kindof sucks, but I'd still love to get a version with proper controls.
                                                                Originally posted by KAC

riva tnt
                                                                tnt2
                                                                geforce2mx
                                                                kyro 2
                                                                radeon 8500
                                                                radeon 9600
                                                                radeon 9800pro
                                                                radeon x800pro
                                                                geforce 8800gtx
                                                                radeon 6850
                                                                radeon 280
                                                                radeon 580
                                                                radeon 6700xt

Comment

Originally posted by SirBaron View Post
                                                                  The collection is a pile of ****, 60 for litteraly a straight port. OH YEAH! :sarcasm:

I wasn't expecting much with the rumours, but at least some model/texture touch ups, jesus Nintendo are so annoying sometimes.
                                                                  Apparently it is touched up a bit.
                                                                  So its not just a high res blur

Everything is sharper with mario 64 (the others just needed a resolution bump and they'll be fine, which i think they did get.)
                                                                  I dont know if this applies to every game Nintendo does with the 3d games, but in Smash Bros Brawl, the base assets are already pretty good and sharp so they look amazing when emulated on a PC, and hardly need any other tweaks. If Nintendo had their base assets already of high quality then a res bump would likely be all thats needed.

Oh we seem to have forgotten that they also announced a Game And watch handheld that plays Mario Bros, Lost levels and some mario themed game and watch title called Ball.
                                                                  Last edited by Sasquach; Sep 3, 2020, 12:04 PM.
                                                                  Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                                                  Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

sharp turd is still a turd.

it's a minimum effort port, dressed in a full price package.

Mafia remake for example is a COMPLETE remake graphics everything, with a much higher budget than Mario and costs 40.
                                                                    Fantards the scourge of the universe:

Comment

At least it is not as shameless as Super Mario All Stars rom that they released for the wii.

Comment

As for the 3D collection, personally i wouldn't want any enhancements other than true 16:9 support and higher res. Don't mess with the original design. For Mario 64 I'm also hoping for good modern camera control with the right analog. I still occasionally play the N64 version and honestly the camera control (and terrible controller) is all that ever bothers me.

All that said, i also do feel $60 is too much for this. But with Nintendo i would expect that price, and when you consider how much the original games are selling for right now it's actually a good value.

Comment

The new 3D collection is most certainly high res and the textures on Mario64 look a little more refined...but still very low detail (original ones were VERY muddy).

I believe it's stupid for them to not include Galaxy 2 considering the price they want but this is Nintendo...rarely do you get good prices and rarely good sales. Wouldn't surprise me if they made Galaxy 2 DLC later.

As for people complaining about their prices and habits of not including enough games or not upgrading the games enough...

for price they seem to adopt the Disney model...tell people your product is high quality and worth the asking price. If you rarely have sales then people seem to be more willing to buy your stuff at a higher price. I look at the Xbox store...massive game sales all the time, this has made it so that I will almost never pay for a game at full price and often will only buy games at half of what I normally would because there's always a sale coming soon.

As for why Nintendo doesn't put a ton of work releasing old games and doing remakes/remasters...I believe they see far more value in their current and upcoming IPs. They want to make money to be sure but think about it this way...people only have so much time in a day that they can spend on anything. If people are spending lots of time playing your old stuff then it comes to reason that they'll have less time and money for your current and upcoming stuff. Nintendo knows that it's current and upcoming IPs are where the real money is and they don't want millions of people using all their limited time and money on stuff that won't continue to make them money for years to come.

Comment

Yeah, it should be $40 tops. I could see $60 being worth it if all three games were remastered/enhanced, but to just package up three vanilla ports and sell them for full-price is scummy as hell. I wouldn't expect anything less from Nintendo.

Also as you guys have already said, them not including Galaxy 2 is a crock of ****. Galaxy 2 is, at the very least, just as good as the original (it even matched its ludicrous Metacritic score of 97). I personally consider it to be the better game since it took what the first one did and threw in even more cool stuff. Hell, it even had Yoshi. How do you not include both games when they were so monumentally successful? That just blows my mind.
                                                                            YouTube Channel

Comment

I'm less upset about the $60 cost than I am about Mario Galaxy 2 missing. I mean, WTF??

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
                                                                              EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
                                                                              32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
                                                                              Corsair HX1000W
                                                                              LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
                                                                              Asus Sabretooth Z77
                                                                              Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
                                                                              16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
                                                                              Corsair CX750M
                                                                              Lian Li Lancool II Mesh

Comment

I agree they should have included both Mario Galaxy games. What are they going to do with just Galaxy 2 now?

Comment

IMO they should have included Mario Galaxy 2 AND Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury for the price they're asking.

If they did that they would have been getting a lot more excitement and praise from people.

But Nintendo being Nintendo.

Also, I think a lot more work went into porting those games over to the switch then people think, they had to make widescreen support for the Mario Sunshine game and make all of the controls specifically for the Switch. Nintendo obsesses over how their games control and feel so it probably took a while.

The only way I'm buying Super Mario 3D All-Stars is if it was $30 off which will never happen because, Nintendo

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X