No announcement yet.

Official Nintendo Switch Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man Tetris 99 is addicting. Its simple and enjoyable, but also not that easy.
    Especially Invictus mode....man that's tough.

I also like how changing the backgrounds changes the music too.

Definitely making me consider getting a yearly switch online membership (using the trial right now)
    ------Squachbox 2022------
    Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 full size aluminum chassis
    Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750watt PSU
    AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
    Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
    2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
    BenQ Mobiuz EX2710S 27" FHD monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
    Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
    Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
    Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe
    HyperX Cloud Stinger wired headset

Comment

at 20$, switch online is worth it IMHO. Just for mario maker and rocket league in my case. LOL

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
      1 Peter 2:9

Originally posted by Vengeance
      :heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.

Comment

My son's Joycons finally started getting the dreaded analog stick drifting problem, so I just sent them in for the free repair from Nintendo. Both sticks had the drifting, but the left stick was a lot worse. Which makes sense as that one is used more.

Nintendo really screwed themselves with this issue. I think virtually all the Joycons manufactured in the first 2 years have the problem eventually. It must cost them an ungodly amount to fix them all for free.

Comment

Has it been permanently fixed on the new Switch's on shelves now and if you send in the controller for repair?

Or are they just repairing it back to the old standard and it could fail over time again?

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
          Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
          EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
          32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
          Corsair HX1000W
          Corsair 600T Silver Edition
          Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
          LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
          Asus Sabretooth Z77
          Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
          16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
          Corsair CX750M
          Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
          Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by OverclockN' View Post
            Has it been permanently fixed on the new Switch's on shelves now and if you send in the controller for repair?

Or are they just repairing it back to the old standard and it could fail over time again?
            As far as I know there's been no indication the newer manufactured Joycons don't also have the issue. I haven't heard any official word from Nintendo about this being fixed, and I have read reports from alleged new Switch owners that have already gotten the drift problem.

Another thing that complicates the issue is no one (including Nintendo) has determined exactly what the cause is. Could be a hardware design issue, could be a problem with internal contacts getting worn out, or could just be dust/grime that gets in there and needs cleaning. I kind of wanted to try cleaning them before I sent them in, but didn't want to fuss with it and potentially break something especially since Nintendo offered to repair/replace for free. If it happens again though in the future I'd be curious to try opening them up and cleaning them to see if that helps.

Comment

I keep toying with the idea of finally getting a Switch now that there are enough games I'm interested in to justify it in my mind. I usually buy used, but given how high the prices for used units are, and the potential for having a controller issue...makes sense to buy new.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
              EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
              32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
              Corsair HX1000W
              LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
              Asus Sabretooth Z77
              Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
              16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
              Corsair CX750M
              Lian Li Lancool II Mesh

Comment

Originally posted by OverclockN' View Post
                I keep toying with the idea of finally getting a Switch now that there are enough games I'm interested in to justify it in my mind. I usually buy used, but given how high the prices for used units are, and the potential for having a controller issue...makes sense to buy new.
                Its a terrible time to buy a used Switch. They are all being scalped at higher than retail prices. **** those people. Just wait until they are back in stock at the stores for normal price and get one then.

As for the controller issue, well I have no real advice for that one right now. At least Nintendo is offering to fix it on their dime. Luckily for my son he also had a Pro controller, so I'd recommend having a back up if your Joycons go bad.

Comment

Picked up spare joy cons from a dude for about 55 boners. Since my one switch left side has drifting stick problem and other switch right side has a broken shoulder button. This way I get to fix both switch and keep my boys from stabbing each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
                    Its a terrible time to buy a used Switch. They are all being scalped at higher than retail prices. **** those people. Just wait until they are back in stock at the stores for normal price and get one.
                    Oh, definitely. I agree. Which is why I mentioned buying new. There's no way I'll pay close to new and certainly not OVER new price for a used machine.

given how high the prices for used units are...makes sense to buy new

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
                    EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
                    32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
                    Corsair HX1000W
                    LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
                    Asus Sabretooth Z77
                    Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
                    16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
                    Corsair CX750M
                    Lian Li Lancool II Mesh

Comment

Originally posted by KAC View Post
                      Picked up spare joy cons from a dude for about 55 boners. Since my one switch left side has drifting stick problem and other switch right side has a broken shoulder button. This way I get to fix both switch and keep my boys from stabbing each other.
                      Sucks you had to buy new Joycons though. Maybe for the broken shoulder button, that's user abuse, but the drift is manufacture defect.

My son complained about not having Joycons for the few weeks it will take to get them repaired but I told him suck it up, life isn't always about getting what you want. Nice learning experience for him.

Comment

My first joy con is out of warranty so nobody is going to fix that drift for me. The other one is because my 6 year old dropped it when he was 5 years old so ain’t nobody going to fix that for him as well. For 55 it was a steal as the set goes for 100 over here. Plus they were practically new since the dude bought red joy cons for himself and wanted to offload the neon and blue ones.

Comment

My first joy con is out of warranty so nobody is going to fix that drift for me. The other one is because my 6 year old dropped it when he was 5 years old so ain’t nobody going to fix that for him as well. For 55 it was a steal as the set goes for 100 over here. Plus they were practically new since the dude bought red joy cons for himself and wanted to offload the neon and blue ones.
                          Guess I wasn't clear enough? You don't need to be in warranty or even show proof of purchase to get Joycon drift fixed for free from Nintendo. You simply open a support ticket on the website and they send you a shipping label.

The broken shoulder button though you're on your own with.

Comment

I also have drift in one of my joy cons.

Comment

Originally posted by logical View Post
                              I also have drift in one of my joy cons.
                              https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/ask/ht/789

Upon submitting the support ticket I got a notification about potential longer wait times due to the pandemic, but I got my UPS shipping label the next day and they said repairs are usually completed and mailed back within 1-2 weeks of receiving.

Comment

Upon submitting the support ticket I got a notification about potential longer wait times due to the pandemic, but I got my UPS shipping label the next day and they said repairs are usually completed and mailed back within 1-2 weeks of receiving.
                                Might fill that out later today. Animal Crossing is annoying to play when building in digging when Im drifting to the left.

Comment

Absolutely do it. Analog stick drift of any kind is crazy annoying to try to play with.

I only had it on one other type of controller (Xbox One). Tried to fix it with methods shown online but could not so I sold it for parts.

Comment

Absolutely do it. Analog stick drift of any kind is crazy annoying to try to play with.

I only had it on one other type of controller (Xbox One). Tried to fix it with methods shown online but could not so I sold it for parts.
                                    I have a drifting xbone controller too, and have not been able to fix it. It's a shame, as those are pretty expensive.
                                    Originally posted by KAC
                                    To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
                                    Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
                                    Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
                                    Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
                                    Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
                                    Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
                                    Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
                                    tnt2
                                    geforce2mx
                                    kyro 2
                                    radeon 8500
                                    radeon 9600
                                    radeon 9800pro
                                    radeon x800pro
                                    geforce 8800gtx
                                    radeon 6850
                                    radeon 280
                                    radeon 580
                                    radeon 6700xt

Comment

Originally posted by SubCog View Post
                                      I have a drifting xbone controller too, and have not been able to fix it. It's a shame, as those are pretty expensive.
                                      Yeah, luckily for me I found that one in a thrift store for $5, and ended up selling it on Ebay as not working for $10 so worked out for me.

All the other Xbox One and PS4 controllers I've used have been fine though, so unlike the Joycons which have an actual design defect, the others may just get the drifting from abusive play.

Comment

They don’t seem to have a UAE website to create a support ticket.

Comment

They don’t seem to have a UAE website to create a support ticket.
                                          Ah, sorry about that just realized that link is from North America Nintendo. Maybe there's a UAE Nintendo website?

Comment

I had it on a 360 controller as well. I fixed it by replacing the analog stick assemblies with new ones.
                                            AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 4K w/Hisense 55" U8H Mini LED Quantum ULED 4K TV
                                            HT: Hisense 55" U8H Mini LED Quantum ULED 4K TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DP-UB820 4K Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox Series X
                                            Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead

Comment

Originally posted by DeathKnight View Post
                                              I had it on a 360 controller as well. I fixed it by replacing the analog stick assemblies with new ones.
                                              I considered that, but those solder points are awfully small...
                                              Originally posted by KAC
                                              To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds

riva tnt
                                              tnt2
                                              geforce2mx
                                              kyro 2
                                              radeon 8500
                                              radeon 9600
                                              radeon 9800pro
                                              radeon x800pro
                                              geforce 8800gtx
                                              radeon 6850
                                              radeon 280
                                              radeon 580
                                              radeon 6700xt

Comment

Crysis Remastered Screenshots

Certainly not a perfect port, but undoubtedly one of the prettiest games the Switch has to offer.

YouTube Channel

Comment

Amazing. Never thought the switch would be able to do this.
                                                  Originally posted by KAC

riva tnt
                                                  tnt2
                                                  geforce2mx
                                                  kyro 2
                                                  radeon 8500
                                                  radeon 9600
                                                  radeon 9800pro
                                                  radeon x800pro
                                                  geforce 8800gtx
                                                  radeon 6850
                                                  radeon 280
                                                  radeon 580
                                                  radeon 6700xt

Comment

but but but crysis is old...2007
                                                    it can run on a potato!!!

Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                                    Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

haha a pikmin3 port just got announced for switch.

That leaves Super Mario 3d world (which is rumored to be ported....so this might come off this list soon)
                                                      Starfox Zero (a remake of Starfox 64 of sorts...with absolute garbage for controls. Never played so im not sure if this is any good or not)
                                                      and Xenoblade chronicles X left to be ported before Wii-U goes the way of the virtual boy....to be buried and never spoken of again.
                                                      Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                                      Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquach View Post
                                                        haha a pikmin3 port just got announced for switch.

That leaves Super Mario 3d world (which is rumored to be ported....so this might come off this list soon)
                                                        Starfox Zero (a remake of Starfox 64 of sorts...with absolute garbage for controls. Never played so im not sure if this is any good or not)
                                                        and Xenoblade chronicles X left to be ported before Wii-U goes the way of the virtual boy....to be buried and never spoken of again.
                                                        Not sure if you're leaving out any specifics to your claim, but there's quite a few more Wii U exclusives still not ported:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Wii_U-only_games

Comment

Originally posted by Chubz View Post
                                                          Certainly not a perfect port, but undoubtedly one of the prettiest games the Switch has to offer.

Thats amazing for the switch

Comment

Pikmin 3 full priced ports with barely any changes. Ofcourse it's Nintendo so will sell like gangbusters.
                                                            Fantards the scourge of the universe:

Comment

Not sure if you're leaving out any specifics to your claim, but there's quite a few more Wii U exclusives still not ported:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Wii_U-only_games
                                                              Just the noteworthy ones.

-More than half that list has a successor variant of some sort on the switch. (newer version of mario party, sequal to splatoon, same type of exercise game in Ring fit adventures that pretty much replaces wii fit, etc.)
                                                              -Zelda remasters may warrant a port....may not.
                                                              -some obscure ones that may or may not be worth it (fatal frame)
                                                              -some trash games. (sonic)

I dont know if starfox is noteworthy, but it is a first party IP. But Xenoblade Chronicles X would be worthy of a port.
                                                              Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                                              Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

Just the noteworthy ones.
                                                                OK that makes more sense. So you meant just your personal opinion of what was necessary to be ported off the Wii U.

Comment

OK that makes more sense. So you meant just your personal opinion of what was necessary to be ported off the Wii U.
                                                                  More or less

also the general consensus ones that people want to see are Xenoblade X is and Mario 3d world.

I dont really want to double dip for mostly the same game (mario Kart 8 was the exception) so i think 3d world for me would be the only one that would have my attention. Heck i might even just go find a Wii-u copy if the game ends up being not that much different.
                                                                  Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                                                  Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

More or less

also the general consensus ones that people want to see are Xenoblade X is and Mario 3d world.

I dont really want to double dip for mostly the same game (mario Kart 8 was the exception) so i think 3d world for me would be the only one that would have my attention. Heck i might even just go find a Wii-u copy if the game ends up being not that much different.
                                                                    My thinking on these games being ported to Switch is if you already own a Wii U there's little reason not to just get the game for the Wii U. Pretty much same exact experience for a cheaper price. Only thing you really lose is the portability of the Switch, which depending on your gaming habits might not even be a factor. And an additional bonus is you don't have to worry about dreaded joycon drift problems.

Comment

With WiiU unless you already bought it on eshop or physical, Nintendo instantly removes the original game on the eShop on the WiiU whenever they announce a switch port.

Why would you buy a 20 euro game on the eshop when you can buy it again for 60.

BARGAIN

Comment

Haven't touched my switch in 2 months, my son hasn't either.
                                                                        Intel Core i5 4690 | ASUS Z87-A | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR3-1600
                                                                        Gigabyte GTX 1070 8 GB | Intel 730 Series 240 GB SSD | Asus Xonar DG 5.1 Audio
                                                                        Dell U2410 Monitor | Antec Three Hundred Two Case | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G400 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Originally posted by Saggypoo
                                                                        It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.

Comment

Originally posted by SirBaron View Post
                                                                          With WiiU unless you already bought it on eshop or physical, Nintendo instantly removes the original game on the eShop on the WiiU whenever they announce a switch port.

BARGAIN
                                                                          I was talking about physical copies, which are still available in abundance especially on second hand sites like eBay.

Comment

I was talking about physical copies, which are still available in abundance especially on second hand sites like eBay.
                                                                            still a dick move from Nintendo regardless, they're the most anti consumer friendly of the 3, which is saying something as Sony is pretty bad in that regard too.

Comment

if they ever add virtual console to switch i might tn buy one...lol

Comment

Originally posted by SirBaron View Post

BARGAIN
                                                                                It feels like they're just trying to sweep the remnants of wii-U under the rug to forever be banished from Nintendo history. I guess over time they figure no one will notice since the Wii-U was such a failure. I hope my SD card doesnt die cuz if i lose the ability to redownload pikmin3 it'll be the only place i have it stored.
                                                                                Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                                                                Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

I would like ports of the Marios and Zeldas that came on Wii-U. I skipped Wii and WiiU so a port of any zelda and mario I will buy.

It seems to weird to me that Nintendo wouldnt take advantage of their first party games and just port them over. It cant be that much work and they would make their money spent porting back ten fold.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X