No announcement yet.

Official Nintendo Switch Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah just get V2, plus once you have it I doubt you'll never not use it in Handheld.
    Fantards the scourge of the universe:

Comment

Originally posted by SirBaron View Post
      Yeah just get V2, plus once you have it I doubt you'll never not use it in Handheld.
      Not sure about Sasquach's gaming habits but I never play Switch in handheld. I just physically can't play games in handheld mode for very long. I start getting annoying discomfort in my hands and neck after 20 minutes.

Not to mention I just never find time to play games outside the home, so why not always play on the big screen?

Comment

Originally posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
        Not sure about Sasquach's gaming habits but I never play Switch in handheld. I just physically can't play games in handheld mode for very long. I start getting annoying discomfort in my hands and neck after 20 minutes.

Not to mention I just never find time to play games outside the home, so why not always play on the big screen?
        I've used the Wii-U tablet in off-TV mode and I thought it was a wicked feature the few times it was utilized. I couldn't really go farther than wireless controller distance though because...well its a wireless controller that'll lose connectivity with the console.

Im still going to be using it 98% of the time docked though. I can see myself using it in handheld mode for the same reason I used the wii-U in off-TV mode. To play a game whiel the significant other is watching TV or vice versa. Plus it'll be much easier to take it to a friends house. Taking the Wii-U wasn't too bad since the console isn't very big but Switch will have a huge advantage in that regard.
        ------Squachbox 2022------
        Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 full size aluminum chassis
        Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750watt PSU
        AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
        Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
        2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
        BenQ Mobiuz EX2710S 27" FHD monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
        Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
        Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
        Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe
        HyperX Cloud Stinger wired headset

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquach View Post
          I've used the Wii-U tablet in off-TV mode and I thought it was a wicked feature the few times it was utilized. I couldn't really go farther than wireless controller distance though because...well its a wireless controller that'll lose connectivity with the console.

Im still going to be using it 98% of the time docked though. I can see myself using it in handheld mode for the same reason I used the wii-U in off-TV mode. To play a game whiel the significant other is watching TV or vice versa. Plus it'll be much easier to take it to a friends house. Taking the Wii-U wasn't too bad since the console isn't very big but Switch will have a huge advantage in that regard.
          Well I mean, like others have implied if you have the choice of v1 or v2 there's no reason not to just get the v2 no matter your gaming habits.

Comment

Originally posted by logical View Post
            If youre ever thinking about docking it(playing it on a tv) get OG switch. If not go with the new one.
            Were you maybe confused here?

Maybe I'm confused but I don't think Sasquach was asking about the portable one...?
            Last edited by borat; Nov 26, 2019, 03:22 PM.

Comment

I just looked at my Switch home screen and realized I have to start finishing all these games I have been buying when the go on mega-sales. It is almost as bad as the Steam sales for me. Cool game is on sale and I buy it to play later and since I am not yet retired later is not here yet. lol
              “Are you at all concerned, as Trump said, that we cannot let the cure be worse than the problem itself?” Haines asked.

Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”

Comment

Originally posted by Athena View Post
                I just looked at my Switch home screen and realized I have to start finishing all these games I have been buying when the go on mega-sales. It is almost as bad as the Steam sales for me. Cool game is on sale and I buy it to play later and since I am not yet retired later is not here yet. lol
                This is like a 10 years ago problem for me. Back then I was stupidly doing the same thing.

Nowadays I only buy games when I'm ready to play them. Don't worry they're not going anywhere and will only get cheaper and more patched up.

Comment

This is like a 10 years ago problem for me. Back then I was stupidly doing the same thing.

Nowadays I only buy games when I'm ready to play them. Don't worry they're not going anywhere and will only get cheaper and more patched up.
                  Some games do go, because of licenses etc.

Comment

Maybe someone else is using the big screen, or I want to play in bed.

Plus I use a grip when I play switch in handheld anyway.

Comment

Got a switch lite and 256gb memory card yesterday. Bought Zelda and Pokemon. I'm hyped !
                      Originally posted by curio
                      Eat this protein bar, for it is of my body. And drink this creatine shake, for it is my blood.
                      "If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Comment

OK, the latest mario maker update...
                        Link? Master Swords? Bows and Arrows? Bombs?
                        Umm...not what I expected in Mario Maker....

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
                        1 Peter 2:9

Originally posted by Vengeance
                        :heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.

Comment

Originally posted by A2597 View Post
                          anyone know anything about Tetris 99?

Iwant to add a puzzler to my collection and Tetriss 99 looked very intriguing. We already have Puyo Puyo tetris on PS3 so i don't think i'd need that again (unless i want to add 4 player local multiplayer)
                          Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                          Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

Originally posted by logical View Post
                            If youre ever thinking about docking it(playing it on a tv) get OG switch. If not go with the new one.
                            Please explain. Are you not talking about v1 or v2?

Comment

Originally posted by A2597 View Post
                              When are they going to get my damn SMB2 in it? I can't be the only one who loves picking up vegetables!
                              Originally posted by KAC
                              To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
                              Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
                              Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
                              Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
                              Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
                              Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
                              Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
                              tnt2
                              geforce2mx
                              kyro 2
                              radeon 8500
                              radeon 9600
                              radeon 9800pro
                              radeon x800pro
                              geforce 8800gtx
                              radeon 6850
                              radeon 280
                              radeon 580
                              radeon 6700xt

Comment

Originally posted by borat View Post
                                I think he was confused and was talking about the Switch Lite.

Comment

Originally posted by SubCog View Post
                                  When are they going to get my damn SMB2 in it? I can't be the only one who loves picking up vegetables!
                                  I wonder if it has anything to do with the actual game being called Doki Doki Panic (SMB2 is a reskin of that game) that wasn't created by Nintendo.....

Of course they did poach the characters from it (like shyguy and such) so who knows.....
                                  Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                  Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

Originally posted by borat View Post
                                    Probably confused Lite with v2.

Its basically this.

Primarily Docked: v1 or v2 doesn't matter
                                    Primarily Handheld: v2 (or lite, since Lite is handheld only)
                                    Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                    Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

Probably confused Lite with v2.

Its basically this.

Primarily Docked: v1 or v2 doesn't matter
                                      Primarily Handheld: v2 (or lite, since Lite is handheld only)
                                      Yea confused the 2.

Dont know if you care about homebrew stuff but if you can find an older V1 its still viable.

Comment

I really hope they make a Switch Pro, with the base handheld mode effectively minimally being what we get now in Docked mode.

Wouldn't be too hard to make some code that fools older games to make them think the switch is in "docked" mode when it's actually in handheld to instantly make all older titles look better. while newer games offering a "pro" version.

I'm not expecting a massive performance gain if they do (as Nvidia has really nothing on the horizion), but a lower node higher clocked version of what we have now. (full x1 clocks).

Comment

Originally posted by SirBaron View Post
                                          I really hope they make a Switch Pro, with the base handheld mode effectively minimally being what we get now in Docked mode.
                                          That's what everyone wants from the next Nintendo console... which is why it aint never gon' happen. Nintendo's going to do something stupid instead. You all know it, deep down.

The next Nintendo console will be audio-only, and the controller will fit in your mouth so you can control it with your tongue. It'll sell 1.5 million units. Only after that fails, will Nintendo fall back on a Switch 2... but they'll forever hate their customers & 3rd party partners for it.
                                          Originally posted by KAC
                                          To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
                                          Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
                                          Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
                                          Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
                                          Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
                                          Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
                                          Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
                                          tnt2
                                          geforce2mx
                                          kyro 2
                                          radeon 8500
                                          radeon 9600
                                          radeon 9800pro
                                          radeon x800pro
                                          geforce 8800gtx
                                          radeon 6850
                                          radeon 280
                                          radeon 580
                                          radeon 6700xt

Comment

That's what everyone wants from the next Nintendo console... which is why it aint never gon' happen. Nintendo's going to do something stupid instead. You all know it, deep down.

The next Nintendo console will be audio-only, and the controller will fit in your mouth so you can control it with your tongue. It'll sell 1.5 million units. Only after that fails, will Nintendo fall back on a Switch 2... but they'll forever hate their customers & 3rd party partners for it.
                                            Sounds like one the ladies would enjoy!

Comment

IS there a way to check the language options in a switch game?
                                              IT doesn't appear to be listed anywhere on Nintendo's gamestore site...

Yet the Japanese store has a page which does list the languages, but I would think that's for the Japanese region releases.

I only ask because there appears to be some North American releases of games that do not have a Japanese language option, yet that same game released in the Japanese region DO have an English option.....

My wife is Japanese and Japanese is her primarly language (English secondary) so she has a bit of an easier time when playing a game in Japanese vs English.

Not a big deal to get Japanese copies of games or eshop (hooray no region lock!), but its a lot easier to just go to a store or English eshop and get the NA release.
                                              Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                              Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

Usually a game defaults to whatever the system language is if it supported b y the game. I dont know how to tell beforehand if a game supports a certain language officially.

A quick google has a few sites listing languages for games:

https://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/n...tion-in-japan/

Comment

Pro Controller is $55 free shipping or store pick up:
                                                  https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-...Black/55485228

Grabbed one for my son for XMAS. Been hoping for a good deal on it for a while, damn controllers are always more expensive than it seems they should be.

Comment

Pro Controller is $55 free shipping or store pick up:
                                                    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-...Black/55485228

Grabbed one for my son for XMAS. Been hoping for a good deal on it for a while, damn controllers are always more expensive than it seems they should be.
                                                    I wish the Switch was backwards compatible with the wiimote (or at least allowed the wiimote to connect with a classic controller attached).

The accessories are damned expensive this go around.
                                                    Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                                    Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

I wish the Switch was backwards compatible with the wiimote (or at least allowed the wiimote to connect with a classic controller attached).

The accessories are damned expensive this go around.
                                                      Same here. I've got 3 Wii U pro controllers that I love and nothing wrong with them.

Wish I could just use those but ah well. I'm sure accessories are a good way for them to make extra hardware revenue.

Comment

Same here. I've got 3 Wii U pro controllers that I love and nothing wrong with them.

Wish I could just use those but ah well. I'm sure accessories are a good way for them to make extra hardware revenue.
                                                        That was the great thing about the Wii-U, I didn't have to buy extra controllers!
                                                        I had enough wiimotes and controllers to go around for the whole wii/wii-U generation

I was hoping to get away with just 2 sets of joycons (makes 4 controllers) but they're just so damn tiny. Ended up just getting 3 of those licensed pro lookalike controllers for 20 bux (CAD) each to accommodate my 4 player shenanigans (5 in a pinch, if I separate the joycons from the joycon grip)
                                                        Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                                        Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

I think he was confused and was talking about the Switch Lite.
                                                          That's what I thought but he had me worried it'd be like the Wii or PS3 where the first version was best...

Thanks for replies, people!

Comment

I wish you could share save games between switch & xbox/ps4. It'd be great for Witcher3.
                                                            some games happen to have cross saves between the switch and the steam versions on PC.

Divinity Original Sin 2 is one, and I think Civilization VI has it as well.

Im not sure what the full list is though, so Im not sure how many games actually support cross saves.
                                                            Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                                            Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

Received my Switch year in review Email from Nintendo today. Was cool to see. My top most played games were Diablo 3, of course. 2064 Read Only Memories, that was a fun adventure game and the 1st Nekopara, it is a neko paradise baby. That one I could not figure out how to save so I was playing ironman and restarting from the beginning till I found how to save. lol

I was actually surprised I thought I had played more than I had. I have more will power than I thought.
                                                              “Are you at all concerned, as Trump said, that we cannot let the cure be worse than the problem itself?” Haines asked.

Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”

Comment

I need to change the SD card out for larger one. Thinking about going with a 256gb Samsung Evo (about 12 bucks more than the 128gb model)

Question: How are the cards formatted, meaning how do I move the stuff from the old card onto the new? Cam I just use two card readers in windows and copy over, or....???

EDIT:
                                                                well that was a pretty dumb question, NVM
                                                                https://en-americas-support.nintendo...intendo-switch
                                                                Originally posted by JohnEJohn
                                                                It's at least worth a try man, I initially thought wtf to trying it a few years ago and once it entered my mouth it was honestly one of the best things I had ever tasted.

Originally posted by Nunz
                                                                Does it really matter that much to you? Holy ****. It's almost like some of you want to argue about the most mundane, irrelevant, insensible **** just to argue about something.

Comment

Yeah but don't expect it to work, I did the same and it still redownloaded all the games saying they were corrupt .

my 400GB is beyond full, I need a 1TB card but they cost a arm and a leg.

Might just get a 400GB again, and swap them when I need to.

Comment

The official Switch at work post. I juts need to finish my reports than it is Switch time!! No one is going to come to the bank this close to Christmas so a couple of us brought our Switch units to play on break. What game to play?

Comment

Originally posted by Athena View Post
                                                                      The official Switch at work post. I juts need to finish my reports than it is Switch time!! No one is going to come to the bank this close to Christmas so a couple of us brought our Switch units to play on break. What game to play?
                                                                      Multiplayer? That would have to be smash or Mario kart
                                                                      Originally posted by Mangler
                                                                      Good work guys, we can't have too many positive posts in a row on this forum.

Comment

So we finally got to play the Switch:

Mario Kart 8 deluxe = Looks a bit more detailed than the Wii-U version, but otherwise its the same. The 2 item thing is great and it FEELS like it might be bit more generous with the items but it could also have been a fluke one time thing. Battle mode really shines, more fun that I thought it would be. Worth the double dip for that alone.

Luigi's Mansion 3 = Wow this is actually quite fun. Just started and theres already a bunch of puzzles we haven't figured out. The screampark multiplayer was fun even if it was just 2 of us, definitely a good one to have with more people. The coin float/mines and the canon stage were genius ideas. Definitely going to get the DLC pack later on. Don't know how to get to the multiplayer tower though, im guessing it unlocks the further I go in single player?

So far so good, its also way smaller than I thought it would be.

Disappointed in the eshop layout though. Its so bare bones, but its effective. (theres no music and its boring compared to the Wii-U eshop).
                                                                        Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                                                        Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

I finally purchased Astral Chain. Two things come to mind right away. One is this game needs a pc port . Secondly I'm glad I purchased it. Another one of those games you need to play if the genre suits you

Comment

Originally posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
                                                                            I finally purchased Astral Chain. Two things come to mind right away. One is this game needs a pc port . Secondly I'm glad I purchased it. Another one of those games you need to play if the genre suits you
                                                                            Is the game good, I read it got good reviews? I think I may end up picking that up sometime down the line. Currently have Collection of Mana, MK8, Luigi's mansion and Asphalt 9. But ive got a pretty big list of monstly RPG's that I want to get. Need to diversify the genres
                                                                            Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                                                            Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

Is the game good, I read it got good reviews? I think I may end up picking that up sometime down the line. Currently have Collection of Mana, MK8, Luigi's mansion and Asphalt 9. But ive got a pretty big list of monstly RPG's that I want to get. Need to diversify the genres
                                                                              Although I'm still early into the game, I consider it the best, new Nintendo franchise hands down. The collaboration between Nintendo and platinumgames definitely is a good one. The game is simply unique.

Comment

Does anyone know if ADATA SD cards are any good?
                                                                                I'll need to pick up a microSD eventually, but I am wary of some brands.

I've put a Patriot microSD in my mom's old phone, but it eventually couldnt read photos or install games and whatnot.
                                                                                I had a Kingston microSD I used for extra storage in my Wii-U, but it one day just couldn't read anything and I had to redownload what I had on it (and lost any saves I transferred over....)

I think SANDISK is the most reliable I've had (No problems with my Rock Band/Guitar Hero Wii DLC songs on 2 separate SD cards .....except I didn't realize guitar hero stuff was locked to the console...so they didn't work in the wii-U, and I couldn't reformat them so they became useless) but its not the cheapest...and I don't want to pay and extra 10 dollars just for the card to say NINTENDO SWITCH on it.

Im still keeping an eye out for the Sandisk cards, but the ADATA one goes on sale every now and then offering good value for the size.
                                                                                Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                                                                Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

Never heard of ADATA, but Sandisk have always worked for me. Just make sure you buy officially from Sandisk on Amazon and not some third party seller, it's so easy to fake sd cards.

Got Yoshi's Crafted World for $1 from a Target pricing mistake, Digital code. Wasn't planning to buy the game but for $1 eh, I'll give it a shot .

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X