• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are working on a real pokemon too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mangler View Post
      I sure hope so! The Pokemon franchise deserves better.

This just seems like a blatant cash grab, and the $99 Pokeball accessory is
      YouTube Channel

Comment

If your Switch is collecting dust you are simply not the target demographic for Nintendo right now. Its got tons of games and lots of people are getting plenty of use out of their Switch. It surpassed Wii U total sales in less than a year on the market.

Comment

Originally posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
          If your Switch is collecting dust you are simply not the target demographic for Nintendo right now. Its got tons of games and lots of people are getting plenty of use out of their Switch. It surpassed Wii U total sales in less than a year on the market.
          What are the recent big games besides the Donkey Kong and Hyrule Warriors re-releases?
          YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Chubz View Post
            What are the recent big games besides the Donkey Kong and Hyrule Warriors re-releases?
            Why does it have to have lots of "big games?"

They have spaced out their big title releases pretty strategically, and sprinkled in tons of indies to keep people busy. Whatever they are doing its working.

Thing is people are judging its success because they personally are not getting use out of it, without looking around to see plenty of others are.

Comment

Why does it have to have lots of "big games?"

They have spaced out their big title releases pretty strategically, and sprinkled in tons of indies to keep people busy. Whatever they are doing its working.

Thing is people are judging its success because they personally are not getting use out of it, without looking around to see plenty of others are.
              Well to be fair, a large chunk of the 'big names' have been ports of existing Wii-U games, and the generational refresh titles.

There's a yearning for titles other than those two types.

Nintendo spaced their titles strategically but they don't really change up the variety all that much. OF all their IP's and they only remain focused on Mario, Zelda, and Donkey Kong.

Metroid is still a ways off (and it was a hype title at the time of announcement), F-Zero could use a revival (are we tired of Mario Kart? Nah, but would like to see something a bit more on the traditional side), Starfox needs a proper new game and not another Starfox64 reboot/remake.
              How about a new Pilotwings?
              Any news on Pikmin4?
              How about a Mario RPG that isn't of the Paper or Mario & Luigi style?

Actually I think people were just hoping to know what Retro Studios is working on. After the DK tropical freeze they've gone completely silent.
              ------Squachbox 2022------
              Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 full size aluminum chassis
              Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750watt PSU
              AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
              Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
              2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
              BenQ Mobiuz EX2710S 27" FHD monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
              Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
              Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
              Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe
              HyperX Cloud Stinger wired headset

Comment

Looks like octopath is a meaty game, 50-60 hours for the main quest and 80-100 for the peeps who like to do everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquach View Post
                  Well to be fair, a large chunk of the 'big names' have been ports of existing Wii-U games, and the generational refresh titles.

There's a yearning for titles other than those two types.

Nintendo spaced their titles strategically but they don't really change up the variety all that much. OF all their IP's and they only remain focused on Mario, Zelda, and Donkey Kong.

Metroid is still a ways off (and it was a hype title at the time of announcement), F-Zero could use a revival (are we tired of Mario Kart? Nah, but would like to see something a bit more on the traditional side), Starfox needs a proper new game and not another Starfox64 reboot/remake.
                  How about a new Pilotwings?
                  Any news on Pikmin4?
                  How about a Mario RPG that isn't of the Paper or Mario & Luigi style?

Actually I think people were just hoping to know what Retro Studios is working on. After the DK tropical freeze they've gone completely silent.

Yea, The WiiU ports are my problem with it at this point, I have a WiiU with all these games already. I want to see NEW triple A games more then we have to this point.

Comment

I might be negative, but if one wants to play aaa titles, the ps4 and xbx is the place for that.

A console that is weaker than an iphone x will miss out on most of those.

Comment

I'm not looking for AAA PS4 and XBOX titles, I'm looking for Nintendo type game AAA titles.

Comment

So only Super Smash Bros Ultimate is the game to look out for and that too in December. Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Nascar24 View Post
                          I'm not looking for AAA PS4 and XBOX titles, I'm looking for Nintendo type game AAA titles.
                          Yeah, if you're really only interested in Nintendo's first party big name titles there's going to be a lot of waiting around between releases. That's a given.

Comment

Did they have anything about the Unreal engine Shin Megami Tensei game?

Comment

I might be negative, but if one wants to play aaa titles, the ps4 and xbx is the place for that.

A console that is weaker than an iphone x will miss out on most of those.
                              depends on one's definition/interpretation of a AAA game.

Call me old school but im at a point where I actually prefer the more retro styled and colorful titles over the constant barrage of dark, gritty, ultrarealistic, graphics are everything bloody action games that find their way on the PS4/Xbone. Well I could also be bias as well seeing as ive been a Nintendo fanboy for all these years.

But I still want to see some variety. We know what we get from the Mario's and the Donkey Kong's and the Zelda's. Could use a bit more Xenoblades or Bayonetta's or the like, something a bit more darker than the typical Nintendo fare and that isn't a port.

But if dev's can port stuff to phones, they sure as hell should be able to port stuff to the Switch.
                              Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                              Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

Originally posted by Chubz View Post
                                Fortnite was the most recent, that's about the biggest game you can get at the moment on any machine
                                Fantards the scourge of the universe:

Comment

Mario Tennis isn't a port, and it's actually pretty good, Xenoblade 2 standalone expansion is out soon that is also quite a decently large game.

Splatoon 2 just got a singleplayer expansion. I will get pokemon just because of the nostalgia of Pokemon red/blue/yellow factor.

Real generation 8 pokemon is coming next year.

Also you gotta remember Nintendo never announces everything due this year at E3, many times they have announced stuff litteraly 1-2 months before they arrive on the console.

Comment

Yeah, if you're really only interested in Nintendo's first party big name titles there's going to be a lot of waiting around between releases. That's a given.
                                    Doesn't even have to be Nintendo first party games.

How about just plain Switch exclusive games?

I had my hopes up for this machine, but I still see no reason to buy one. Probably will end up treating it just like the WiiU. Wait until it's on the way out and being replaced, and pick up a super cheap used system complete with a few games.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
                                    Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
                                    EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
                                    32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
                                    Corsair HX1000W
                                    Corsair 600T Silver Edition
                                    Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
                                    LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
                                    Asus Sabretooth Z77
                                    Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
                                    16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
                                    Corsair CX750M
                                    Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
                                    Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard

Comment

So, thinking about jumping on that hdr/uhd train, how does those displays handle sub 1080p resolutions?

Comment

Like this?

Originally posted by KAC
                                        To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
                                        Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
                                        Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
                                        Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
                                        Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
                                        Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
                                        Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
                                        tnt2
                                        geforce2mx
                                        kyro 2
                                        radeon 8500
                                        radeon 9600
                                        radeon 9800pro
                                        radeon x800pro
                                        geforce 8800gtx
                                        radeon 6850
                                        radeon 280
                                        radeon 580
                                        radeon 6700xt

Comment

Project octopath is out next month, got limited edition on preorder. .

Also that pokemon is disturbing.

Comment

Originally posted by SubCog View Post
                                            Like this?

Its what the HD generation wants, REALISM!!!
                                            Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                            Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

Looks like the compromises they made to get this thing even running on the switch had some unfortunate consequences.

Comment

My Switch is gone. It just disappeared.
                                                My docking station is there with all the wires.

The switch, it's case and pro controller are MIA

sad
                                                Justin

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Gigabyte RTX 3070 OC - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps - HP OMEN 27i -
                                                - corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
                                                PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
                                                Steam - Tyr-Sog

Comment

Call the Feds!

Comment

Just got my copy of smash brothers ultimate, seems to be another winner in the series by Nintendo!

Comment

Having a ton of fun with both Shining Resonance Refrain from Sega and Diablo3. Just these 2 games would make the Switch a worth while purchase for me.

“Are you at all concerned, as Trump said, that we cannot let the cure be worse than the problem itself?” Haines asked.

Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”

Comment

Originally posted by Nascar24 View Post
                                                        Call the Feds!
                                                        Yeah,

So I'm thinking that it either got left at our cottage.
                                                        My son took it to school(won't confess) and it was stolen.
                                                        It was left in my car and stolen.

It's not in my house or my mothers.
                                                        Justin

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Gigabyte RTX 3070 OC - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps - HP OMEN 27i -
                                                        - corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
                                                        PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
                                                        Steam - Tyr-Sog

Comment

Originally posted by Tyr-Sog View Post
                                                          Yeah,

So I'm thinking that it either got left at our cottage.
                                                          My son took it to school(won't confess) and it was stolen.
                                                          It was left in my car and stolen.

It's not in my house or my mothers.
                                                          One of the drawbacks of a portable, Mine has hardly left the cradle. Probably could have done with out the screen protector

Comment

Picked up an SN30 controller for my wife, along with the new Retro Sonic game and Overcooked and Rocket League on sale.

This console keeps getting better.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
                                                            1 Peter 2:9

Originally posted by Vengeance
                                                            :heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.

Comment

Originally posted by Athena View Post
                                                              Having a ton of fun with both Shining Resonance Refrain from Sega and Diablo3. Just these 2 games would make the Switch a worth while purchase for me.

I've been playing Diablo 3 nonstop since release date. Great port!
                                                              Plex / Steam Machine / Hyper-V
                                                              MSI Gaming B350 Tomahawk |Ryzen R5 5600X |32GB |MSI 3060Ti VENTUS 2X |19TB NVMe/SDD/HDD |Windows 11 Pro
                                                              Laptop
                                                              Dell Inspiron 7577 | Intel i7-7700HQ |16GB DDR 4 DRAM 2400 |Nvidia 1060 6GB |3TB NVMe/SDD |Fedora 35
                                                              VR
                                                              Oculus Quest 2 / PSVR
                                                              Consoles
                                                              SteamDeck|Switch|WiiU|Wii|Gamecube|New 3DS XL|DS|GBA|N64|SNES|NES|XBOX|XBOX360|XBOXSeries|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|Vita|PSP|DreamCast|Saturn|Genesis
                                                              Classical Liberalism: A political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties, private property, and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law. Strong emphasizes economic freedom and the individual over the collective.

Comment

I may wind up getting switch online for Rocket League. It's priced about right, but still waiting for cross platform party mode...

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
                                                                1 Peter 2:9

Originally posted by Vengeance
                                                                :heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.

Comment

Hey so I hope you guys weren't hoping to play a new Metroid any time soon.

https://megagames.com/news/metroid-p...etroid-prime-4

It's a shame, cause everything they showed at the announcement looked so promising.
                                                                  Last edited by SubCog; Jan 25, 2019, 09:13 PM.
                                                                  Originally posted by KAC
                                                                  To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds

riva tnt
                                                                  tnt2
                                                                  geforce2mx
                                                                  kyro 2
                                                                  radeon 8500
                                                                  radeon 9600
                                                                  radeon 9800pro
                                                                  radeon x800pro
                                                                  geforce 8800gtx
                                                                  radeon 6850
                                                                  radeon 280
                                                                  radeon 580
                                                                  radeon 6700xt

Comment

That is a shame.

So I guess metroid prime 4 will be one of the last first party games releasing on the switch then.

I hope they have a backup plan like porting the metroid prime trilogy or a switch remaster of that 3ds remaster of metroid 2.

Comment

Optimistically, I see it as a sign they want the game to be amazing and not just a half-assed rush job.

Comment

Optimistically, I see it as a sign they want the game to be amazing and not just a half-assed rush job.
                                                                        Well, yes. They've taken the game away from an un-named studio and given it back to Retro, where it should have started.
                                                                        Originally posted by KAC

riva tnt
                                                                        tnt2
                                                                        geforce2mx
                                                                        kyro 2
                                                                        radeon 8500
                                                                        radeon 9600
                                                                        radeon 9800pro
                                                                        radeon x800pro
                                                                        geforce 8800gtx
                                                                        radeon 6850
                                                                        radeon 280
                                                                        radeon 580
                                                                        radeon 6700xt

Comment

I hope they have a backup plan like porting the metroid prime trilogy or a switch remaster of that 3ds remaster of metroid 2.
                                                                          That would be the obvious right thing to do, so there's no way Nintendo will do it.
                                                                          Originally posted by KAC

riva tnt
                                                                          tnt2
                                                                          geforce2mx
                                                                          kyro 2
                                                                          radeon 8500
                                                                          radeon 9600
                                                                          radeon 9800pro
                                                                          radeon x800pro
                                                                          geforce 8800gtx
                                                                          radeon 6850
                                                                          radeon 280
                                                                          radeon 580
                                                                          radeon 6700xt

Comment

Rumor is the Prime trilogy port has been ready for a while, it was supposed to be announced at the Game Awards last year, but Nintento decided against it at the last minute, and release date was delayed a year. That and "more things metroid are coming".

Comment

Originally posted by Cynicalking View Post
                                                                              That and "more things metroid are coming".
                                                                              Federation Force 2? Hopefully one where you can cross-dress as a drag queen!
                                                                              Originally posted by KAC

riva tnt
                                                                              tnt2
                                                                              geforce2mx
                                                                              kyro 2
                                                                              radeon 8500
                                                                              radeon 9600
                                                                              radeon 9800pro
                                                                              radeon x800pro
                                                                              geforce 8800gtx
                                                                              radeon 6850
                                                                              radeon 280
                                                                              radeon 580
                                                                              radeon 6700xt

Comment

Hey so I hope you guys weren't hoping to play a new Metroid any time soon.

https://megagames.com/news/metroid-p...etroid-prime-4

It's a shame, cause everything they showed at the announcement looked so promising.
                                                                                I guess my $38 pre-order from Amazon wont be coming any time soon.

Comment

Well, yes. They've taken the game away from an un-named studio and given it back to Retro, where it should have started.
                                                                                  I thought the unknown studio turned out to be Bandai-Namco
                                                                                  Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                                                                  Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X