Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Nintendo Switch Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by KAC View Post
    Played a bit of Zelda and it wasn't fun at all with all the switching weaponry mid action.
    That is a weird take away. I did find the weapon breakage mildly annoying at first but it doesn't take long to pick up more durable weapons. I'm regularly not taking weapons now as I have a handful of durable, strong weapons that can take down a larger goon without breaking.

    one particular enemy you can use a certain technique that will not cause damage to your melee weapon and they drop epic weapons when you defeat them.
    Phobos:
    i7 5690X @ 4.2Ghz | Asus Rampage V Extreme | 64GB G.Skill F4-3333C16-16GTZ @ 2800Mhz CL16 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080ti 11GDR5+ x 2 + Custom WC dual loop

    Mars:
    Intel S2600CP4 | Dual Xeon E5-2670 (Octa core HT 3.3Ghz) | 64GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz | 2 x 120GB Vertex 3 SSD RAID 0 (OS) + 240GB Vertex 2 3.5" (VMs) | Intel RAID Module RMS25PB080 + 8 X 2TB WD RAID 5

    Deimos on Steam

    Comment


      Originally posted by KAC View Post
      I don’t like anime. Any other game worth boning?

      Btw I haven’t played switch for more than 30 mins since purchase.
      I'd have to ask what your style of gaming is.
      Because the Switch doesn't have much beyond stuff for either the younger demographic or a more broad demographic.

      It could easily be just that the style of gaming that the Switch specializes in just isn't your taste.
      From all your threads I imagine you're more of the hardcore gamer type so stuff like CoD and Assassin's creed is more to your liking.

      The switch just doesn't have much of those types of games at the moment that isn't ports of existing games.
      ------Squachbox 2022------
      Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 full size aluminum chassis
      Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750watt PSU
      AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
      Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
      2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
      BenQ Mobiuz EX2710S 27" FHD monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
      Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
      Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
      Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe
      HyperX Cloud Stinger wired headset

      Comment


        But COD and AC are flagship casul titles.

        Comment


          KAC is a dudebro gamer.

          Comment


            Nintendo games are for old school gamers who love old school improved graphics. Their first party games are some of the best there is in the modern gaming world regardless of graphics. Zelda BOTW and Mario Odessey were some of the most fun I have had in video games in a good while.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Sasquach View Post
              I'd have to ask what your style of gaming is.
              Because the Switch doesn't have much beyond stuff for either the younger demographic or a more broad demographic.

              It could easily be just that the style of gaming that the Switch specializes in just isn't your taste.
              From all your threads I imagine you're more of the hardcore gamer type so stuff like CoD and Assassin's creed is more to your liking.

              The switch just doesn't have much of those types of games at the moment that isn't ports of existing games.
              I play most things but if graphics aren’t up to snuff then it is hard for me to progress. Zelda graphics are really bad and the frame rate is worse. Add to that constant weapon switching, no voice overs, childish fantasy world and a not so compelling storyline and I just never got into it.

              MARIO I can play any day of the week. Who doesn’t want a pedo plumber to jump on small potty shaped enemies and try to get peach out of a bully abducter? However my fun was ruined or increased by just watching my family enjoy the game.

              I would have loved to try some Metroid or Bayonetta 2 on the switch. Titles that seem more interesting to me.

              Comment


                I'm liking Xenoblade 2 much better than I was expecting and very nice artstyle at times.
                Fantards the scourge of the universe:

                Comment


                  Originally posted by SirBaron View Post
                  I'm liking Xenoblade 2 much better than I was expecting and very nice artstyle at times.
                  Me too. Pretty fun game.

                  Didn't like how they mixed in level 18+ enemies in with the level 5 and 6 in that first "open" area outside the first town. I would check the area to make sure there weren't any around, start fighting, then BAM! Lvl 18 bird thing starts kicking my butt.
                  Originally posted by Ozziebloke
                  I mean, yeah, sure, there's benefits to a shaved asshole. But get a little sweaty and try and blow a fart. It just sits there like a bubble. No hair to break the seal. Feels weird.



                  Alpha
                  | Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

                  Omega

                  | Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |


                  Comment


                    I was fighting a level 9 and then I turned the camera and a level 81 was about 10 meters from me.

                    Long story short, ordered new pants from Amazon.
                    Fantards the scourge of the universe:

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by SirBaron View Post
                      I was fighting a level 9 and then I turned the camera and a level 81 was about 10 meters from me.

                      Long story short, ordered new pants from Amazon.
                      Ah yeah, I remember that guy. First came into the area and it started charging right at me. Turned away right as I thought “first death incoming”.
                      Originally posted by Ozziebloke
                      I mean, yeah, sure, there's benefits to a shaved asshole. But get a little sweaty and try and blow a fart. It just sits there like a bubble. No hair to break the seal. Feels weird.



                      Alpha
                      | Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

                      Omega

                      | Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |


                      Comment


                        Originally posted by KAC View Post
                        I have Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, and some Tetris game. I have played Kart but didn't enjoy it. Played a bit of Zelda and it wasn't fun at all with all the switching weaponry mid action. Watched my son and wife play Odyssey and I like it but I am not going to play it as I have seen them play the whole thing thus far and they are almost to the end now.
                        I wish Zelda at least had the option to turn off weapon breaking or tone back how fragile everything is. Completely pulled me out of the game.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Dave View Post
                          I wish Zelda at least had the option to turn off weapon breaking or tone back how fragile everything is. Completely pulled me out of the game.
                          The idea was they wanted you to get creative with how you approached each enemy encounter, and not just always rely on the same method of attack. In almost every situation there were literally dozens of ways to dispatch enemies, be it using your traditional weapons or several interactive environmental elements. If you were playing the game trying to use the same weapon all the time you were missing the point. Basically I think the Eventide Island side quest was how they were hoping you would play the entire game--just always improvising with whatever you presently had at your disposal.

                          Sure its arguable they could have gone about relaying the message to the player better, but it the end I think most people who enjoyed the game understood it. But I'd say it wasn't as much a problem as many make it seem. The game starts you off with the more fragile weapons in the beginning, so as to get you experimenting with others tactics. Then later on after you've figured out how you personally want to play the game they start giving you more durable weaponry.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
                            The idea was they wanted you to get creative with how you approached each enemy encounter, and not just always rely on the same method of attack. In almost every situation there were literally dozens of ways to dispatch enemies, be it using your traditional weapons or several interactive environmental elements. If you were playing the game trying to use the same weapon all the time you were missing the point. Basically I think the Eventide Island side quest was how they were hoping you would play the entire game--just always improvising with whatever you presently had at your disposal.

                            Sure its arguable they could have gone about relaying the message to the player better, but it the end I think most people who enjoyed the game understood it. But I'd say it wasn't as much a problem as many make it seem. The game starts you off with the more fragile weapons in the beginning, so as to get you experimenting with others tactics. Then later on after you've figured out how you personally want to play the game they start giving you more durable weaponry.
                            They've basically forced me to not use weapons when possible, so I try to time my battles out and use explosive runes most of the time... I'm actually to a point where I hardly have any weapons at all right now, all my good weapons broke, it's really zapped my will to play the game.
                            Originally posted by IamHere
                            You guys are closet communists.

                            Comment


                              The durability thing sucked, anyone who claims otherwise is SIMPLY WRONG.

                              Comment


                                Yeah, sarcasm aside its definitely a valid argument. Its understandable some people just want to use a single weapon when fighting, and not have to continuously be switching strategies mid-fight. I see what they were going for, to make a more robust and diverse gameplay experience, but at the expense of alienating some players who wanted a more simpler and traditional style

                                The good thing though is like I said later on you start to get weapons that are much more durable. Also weapon drops are always plentiful. Problem is the people who get fed up with the weapons breaking too early on and just quit before getting to that point.

                                Comment


                                  All I know that you've designed a bad durability system when the master sword can run out of batteries.

                                  Or when truly unique weapons can break and be gone from the game forever, at least have the decency to include a smith that can repair and upgrade the durability of legendary weapons.


                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Mangler View Post
                                    All I know that you've designed a bad durability system when the master sword can run out of batteries.

                                    Or when truly unique weapons can break and be gone from the game forever, at least have the decency to include a smith that can repair and upgrade the durability of legendary weapons.


                                    Which unique weapons are you talking about? For example I know the Hylian Shield can be repaired by a secret vendor somewhere.

                                    Comment


                                      [yt]MnyKDzX7lqo[/yt]

                                      Seems like it would be best to treat xenoblade 2 as a docked game, it goes <480p in handheld mode.

                                      Comment


                                        Yeah but I don't want to play waifu simulator in front of the wife and kid. Going to be primarily docked.
                                        Originally posted by Mangler
                                        Good work guys, we can't have too many positive posts in a row on this forum.

                                        Comment


                                          Seems like nintendo plans on releasing a bunch of hd version of classic wii and gamecube titles on the nvidia shield in China.

                                          I really hope that means that they are also coming to the nintendo shield.

                                          https://kotaku.com/nintendo-games-co...ina-1821000990

                                          Comment


                                            Originally posted by Mangler View Post
                                            All I know that you've designed a bad durability system when the master sword can run out of batteries.

                                            Or when truly unique weapons can break and be gone from the game forever, at least have the decency to include a smith that can repair and upgrade the durability of legendary weapons.


                                            I saw my son play Zelda and when he told me his master sword runs out of juice mid battle that was the final nail in coffin for me to ever play this game.

                                            Comment


                                              The durability system kind of sucks if youre a person who likes the run with a certain type of weapon through the whole game... but its designed that way obviously. It forces people to switch weapons, be on their tows, and encourages strict item management. At first I didnt like it as much but it forced me to use other weapons I normally wouldnt and think about battle a little differently. I never wasted any good weapons on crap mobs.

                                              Comment


                                                Originally posted by logical View Post
                                                The durability system kind of sucks if youre a person who likes the run with a certain type of weapon through the whole game... but its designed that way obviously. It forces people to switch weapons, be on their tows, and encourages strict item management. At first I didnt like it as much but it forced me to use other weapons I normally wouldnt and think about battle a little differently. I never wasted any good weapons on crap mobs.
                                                It pretty much forces me to be more hardcore about the game than I care to be. It's pretty crap for casual gaming.
                                                Originally posted by IamHere
                                                You guys are closet communists.

                                                Comment


                                                  'Picked up my Switch today. Not going to open it til Christmas though!
                                                  Originally posted by KAC
                                                  To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

                                                  Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory


                                                  Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
                                                  Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
                                                  Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
                                                  Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
                                                  Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
                                                  Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
                                                  Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

                                                  riva tnt
                                                  tnt2
                                                  geforce2mx
                                                  kyro 2
                                                  radeon 8500
                                                  radeon 9600
                                                  radeon 9800pro
                                                  radeon x800pro
                                                  geforce 8800gtx
                                                  radeon 6850
                                                  radeon 280
                                                  radeon 580
                                                  radeon 6700xt

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by Elysian View Post
                                                    It pretty much forces me to be more hardcore about the game than I care to be. It's pretty crap for casual gaming.
                                                    Cant argue with that. I want to play the trials DLC but I am going to wait for all the DLC to show up before I delve back in because I fear re-learning the battle system.

                                                    Comment


                                                      My biggest issue is the lack of time to game, so I want to just be able to pick it up and go. That's what I love about Super Mario Odyssey, it's a great casual gamer game. I have to really have time to invest to play Zelda. I enjoy it when I do have time, but before last week the last time I played was July
                                                      Originally posted by IamHere
                                                      You guys are closet communists.

                                                      Comment


                                                        Originally posted by Elysian View Post
                                                        My biggest issue is the lack of time to game, so I want to just be able to pick it up and go. That's what I love about Super Mario Odyssey, it's a great casual gamer game. I have to really have time to invest to play Zelda. I enjoy it when I do have time, but before last week the last time I played was July
                                                        ****ing holidays lol. Works been crazy for me. I think everywhere should be closed for the last two weeks of the year. Stock up on groceries and supplies and everything shuts down for the last 2 weeks.

                                                        Comment


                                                          Originally posted by logical View Post
                                                          The durability system kind of sucks if youre a person who likes the run with a certain type of weapon through the whole game... but its designed that way obviously. It forces people to switch weapons, be on their tows, and encourages strict item management. At first I didnt like it as much but it forced me to use other weapons I normally wouldnt and think about battle a little differently. I never wasted any good weapons on crap mobs.
                                                          I have no issues with durability as a concept and definitely do not want to run around with a single weapon. Heck, I spent 52 hours in Ass Creed not too long ago and was constantly upgrading and switching my weaponry. Similarly, many RPGs have had durability implementations with constant use of repair kits and what not.

                                                          What is wrong and takes me completely out of the game is the mid battle switching of weapons, constant weapon breakage, and running short of any form of ammo since you never know how much damage you can expect to deal with the current set of weapons. I am ok with a calculated approach to combat (think Skyrim, Witcher 2 or 3) and taking my time to strategize but taking me out of the game mid combat repeatedly is just not on.

                                                          Anyways, I have said enough about this everywhere so I am going to stop. People who enjoy Zelda, more power to them; it is not for me.

                                                          Comment


                                                            Originally posted by logical View Post
                                                            The durability system kind of sucks if youre a person who likes the run with a certain type of weapon through the whole game... but its designed that way obviously. It forces people to switch weapons, be on their tows, and encourages strict item management. At first I didnt like it as much but it forced me to use other weapons I normally wouldnt and think about battle a little differently. I never wasted any good weapons on crap mobs.
                                                            Later on in the game it kind of becomes a non-issue. You can easily farm a few white lynels or greater tests of strength. After a while I always had an inventory full of killer weapons. Just save the master sword for beasts and the castle where it won't break. I never went the ancient set with ancient weapons though. That sounds expensive and annoying.

                                                            Although it does encourage you to run from trash mobs since they're never worth the investment. Definitely could have been handled better.
                                                            Originally posted by Mangler
                                                            Good work guys, we can't have too many positive posts in a row on this forum.

                                                            Comment


                                                              When thinking about it, I can only imagine what a nightmare this game must have been for Nintendo to balance the gameplay. Its not perfect by any means in that regard, but I have to applaud their ambition and effort to balancing it as well as they could.

                                                              Comment


                                                                Originally posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
                                                                Later on in the game it kind of becomes a non-issue. You can easily farm a few white lynels or greater tests of strength. After a while I always had an inventory full of killer weapons. Just save the master sword for beasts and the castle where it won't break. I never went the ancient set with ancient weapons though. That sounds expensive and annoying.

                                                                Although it does encourage you to run from trash mobs since they're never worth the investment. Definitely could have been handled better.
                                                                I had a bunch of weapons too. But some of my friends have gotten far into the game and still couldnt kill lynels to farm weapons. Even with better gear there is still some timing and skill to kill them.

                                                                I have a mexed out ancient set so killing things could be pretty easy. Especially when you have all the powers like the lightning strikes.

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Originally posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
                                                                  When thinking about it, I can only imagine what a nightmare this game must have been for Nintendo to balance the gameplay. Its not perfect by any means in that regard, but I have to applaud their ambition and effort to balancing it as well as they could.
                                                                  Difficulty settings wouldn't be hard to implement...
                                                                  Originally posted by IamHere
                                                                  You guys are closet communists.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Santa will have the Switch under the tree shortly here
                                                                    Justin

                                                                    Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Gigabyte RTX 3070 OC - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps - HP OMEN 27i -
                                                                    - corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset


                                                                    MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

                                                                    XBone - TyrSog76
                                                                    PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
                                                                    Steam - Tyr-Sog

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Originally posted by Tyr-Sog View Post
                                                                      Santa will have the Switch under the tree shortly here
                                                                      I'm sure the kids will like it, but since you didn't like the WiiU, not sure you will, To me its just an upgraded WiiU in my eyes. Nice handheld you can take anywhere where the WiiU was tied to the house with its low end screen controller. I still like the WiiU and need to get back to it as I have many games I have not put time into for it.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        IT appears that Bayonetta 3 has been confirmed in development for Switch.
                                                                        And Bayonetta 1 and 2 will be re-released for switch.

                                                                        Moar ports!
                                                                        ------Squachbox 2022------
                                                                        Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 full size aluminum chassis
                                                                        Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750watt PSU
                                                                        AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
                                                                        Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                                                        2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
                                                                        BenQ Mobiuz EX2710S 27" FHD monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
                                                                        Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
                                                                        Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
                                                                        Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe
                                                                        HyperX Cloud Stinger wired headset

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Good, let every good wii u title be on the switch.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Will definitely buy, it makes sense to port titles when no one had a wii u. Now if only they would port the rest of the library.
                                                                            Fantards the scourge of the universe:

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              Originally posted by Nascar24 View Post
                                                                              I'm sure the kids will like it, but since you didn't like the WiiU, not sure you will, To me its just an upgraded WiiU in my eyes. Nice handheld you can take anywhere where the WiiU was tied to the house with its low end screen controller. I still like the WiiU and need to get back to it as I have many games I have not put time into for it.
                                                                              Mario and Mario cart look pretty solid. I'm sure I'll enjoy those and the kids will for sure. Zelda I need to look in to a little more, looks ok from what I saw.

                                                                              I did a little bit of research on the system. Seems like a step up from the Wii U.
                                                                              Justin

                                                                              Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Gigabyte RTX 3070 OC - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps - HP OMEN 27i -
                                                                              - corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset


                                                                              MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

                                                                              XBone - TyrSog76
                                                                              PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
                                                                              Steam - Tyr-Sog

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                Originally posted by Sasquach View Post
                                                                                IT appears that Bayonetta 3 has been confirmed in development for Switch.
                                                                                And Bayonetta 1 and 2 will be re-released for switch.

                                                                                Moar ports!
                                                                                Finally some games for me.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  We picked up a switch a few weeks back. We got Mario, Zelda, Kart and Battle Chef Brigade. Battle Chef has been the game of choice so far on it. Never leaves the dock...
                                                                                  "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein
                                                                                  Twitch Channel | Steam Profile | Console ID: Pocky4Th3Win

                                                                                  Comment

                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                  X