Official Nintendo Switch Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks!

They have actually gotten a lot of play out of the Wii U, especially Super Mario Maker. Although I think the Wii U may have to be moved to somebody's bedroom (as we did with the PS3). Would be super-nice if the Wii U controllers would work with the switch, but afaik, no console maker has ever given its customers a such a break (other than the limited use of the wii sticks with the wii u).
    Originally posted by JohnEJohn
    It's at least worth a try man, I initially thought wtf to trying it a few years ago and once it entered my mouth it was honestly one of the best things I had ever tasted.

Originally posted by Nunz
    Does it really matter that much to you? Holy ****. It's almost like some of you want to argue about the most mundane, irrelevant, insensible **** just to argue about something.

Comment

What’s the next big Nintendo game and when is it out?

Comment

Probably Xenoblade Chronicles 2 out 12/1

Edit: Doom 2016 in the next week or so, if you have to have Doom on the go.
        Last edited by Nascar24; Nov 9, 2017, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wabbitslayer View Post
          Thanks!

They have actually gotten a lot of play out of the Wii U, especially Super Mario Maker. Although I think the Wii U may have to be moved to somebody's bedroom (as we did with the PS3). Would be super-nice if the Wii U controllers would work with the switch, but afaik, no console maker has ever given its customers a such a break (other than the limited use of the wii sticks with the wii u).
          This will allow you to use the WiiU Pro and PS3 controller

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have it and love it!
          Plex / Steam Machine / Hyper-V
          MSI Gaming B350 Tomahawk |Ryzen R5 5600X |32GB |MSI 3060Ti VENTUS 2X |19TB NVMe/SDD/HDD |Windows 11 Pro
          Laptop
          Dell Inspiron 7577 | Intel i7-7700HQ |16GB DDR 4 DRAM 2400 |Nvidia 1060 6GB |3TB NVMe/SDD |Fedora 35
          VR
          Oculus Quest 2 / PSVR
          Consoles
          SteamDeck|Switch|WiiU|Wii|Gamecube|New 3DS XL|DS|GBA|N64|SNES|NES|XBOX|XBOX360|XBOXSeries|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|Vita|PSP|DreamCast|Saturn|Genesis
          Classical Liberalism: A political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties, private property, and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law. Strong emphasizes economic freedom and the individual over the collective.

Comment

Originally posted by wabbitslayer View Post
            Thanks!

Wii controllers would also work on the Wii U, plus they released an official adapter to use GameCube controllers on the Wii U.

Also, for Sony PS1 controllers worked on the PS2. So there have been some breaks like that.

Comment

If you're going full digital then you'll need 128-256gb or more. (providing you buy everything like I do )

Below that and you'll just keep having to delete or move stuff over to the PC. aint nobody got time for dat
              Fantards the scourge of the universe:

Comment

Originally posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
                Wii controllers would also work on the Wii U, plus they released an official adapter to use GameCube controllers on the Wii U.

Also, for Sony PS1 controllers worked on the PS2. So there have been some breaks like that.
                Apparently the gamecube adapter works on the switch as well.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/24/1...be-controllers
                Originally posted by Mangler
                Good work guys, we can't have too many positive posts in a row on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by KAC View Post
                  What’s the next big Nintendo game and when is it out?
                  Originally posted by Nascar24 View Post
                  Probably Xenoblade Chronicles 2 out 12/1

Edit: Doom 2016 in the next week or so, if you have to have Doom on the go.
                  That's the next big one for me. Though TBH I was really enjoying SMO but now with the release of the OneX, the switch is taking a time out.

Comment

can't wait for xbc2 to launch. really liked the first one but those jaggies were painful

Comment

[yt]P9k9YwBwW1E[/yt]

STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME! For your sake and even your family's!
                      YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by BababooeyHTJ View Post
                        Apparently the gamecube adapter works on the switch as well.

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/24/1...be-controllers
                        Nice. Wondering if they'll be a spike in prices now for the Wii U GameCube adapter.

Might be a nice alternative to buying an expensive pro controller. Sucks there's no home button though.

Comment

I'd rather buy the 8bitdo pro controllers, especially with the C stick on the gamecube controller being not the best for a second analog stick.

Comment

My wife, who has always been awful at platforming and 3rd person games like Mario, is great at Mario Odyssey, and can't stop playing it. She's also really good at finding hidden moons, she's way ahead of where I am in the game.

I bought a neon blue/red set of joycons this weekend.
                            Originally posted by IamHere
                            You guys are closet communists.

Comment

Ordered a switch today. This is my first console purchase since the Wii (not counting the XboneS I got for "free" and then returned).
                              Phobos:
                              i7 5690X @ 4.2Ghz | Asus Rampage V Extreme | 64GB G.Skill F4-3333C16-16GTZ @ 2800Mhz CL16 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080ti 11GDR5+ x 2 + Custom WC dual loop

Mars:
                              Intel S2600CP4 | Dual Xeon E5-2670 (Octa core HT 3.3Ghz) | 64GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz | 2 x 120GB Vertex 3 SSD RAID 0 (OS) + 240GB Vertex 2 3.5" (VMs) | Intel RAID Module RMS25PB080 + 8 X 2TB WD RAID 5

Deimos on Steam

Comment

I just ordered a 200gb SanDisk for €62 as my 64Gb is full.

Comment

I picked up probably the same 200GB SanDisk for a $50 off Ebay.

Comment

Is it a red and white one?

https://www.amazon.de/SanDisk-Ultra-...micro+sd+200gb

is the one I got, but murica get's everything tech wise cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by SirBaron View Post
                                      Is it a red and white one?

https://www.amazon.de/SanDisk-Ultra-...micro+sd+200gb

is the one I got, but murica get's everything tech wise cheaper.
                                      Yep, same one I picked up.

Comment

Best console purchase ever. Zelda is great although framerates are sometimes not.

Is there anything cool/interesting you can do with this thing?
                                        Phobos:
                                        i7 5690X @ 4.2Ghz | Asus Rampage V Extreme | 64GB G.Skill F4-3333C16-16GTZ @ 2800Mhz CL16 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080ti 11GDR5+ x 2 + Custom WC dual loop

Mars:
                                        Intel S2600CP4 | Dual Xeon E5-2670 (Octa core HT 3.3Ghz) | 64GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz | 2 x 120GB Vertex 3 SSD RAID 0 (OS) + 240GB Vertex 2 3.5" (VMs) | Intel RAID Module RMS25PB080 + 8 X 2TB WD RAID 5

Deimos on Steam

Comment

Originally posted by Deimos View Post
                                          Best console purchase ever. Zelda is great although framerates are sometimes not.

Is there anything cool/interesting you can do with this thing?
                                          Yea Zelda is game of the year for me, put in over 90 hours on the WiiU version.

Comment

The game worlds in Zelda games always seem so empty and lonely to me. There's not much in them. Has this new one improved that?

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
                                            Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
                                            EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
                                            32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
                                            Corsair HX1000W
                                            Corsair 600T Silver Edition
                                            Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
                                            LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
                                            Asus Sabretooth Z77
                                            Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
                                            16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
                                            Corsair CX750M
                                            Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
                                            Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by OverclockN' View Post
                                              The game worlds in Zelda games always seem so empty and lonely to me. There's not much in them. Has this new one improved that?
                                              I havent played too many Zeldas before this one but the world in BoTW is pretty lively. Wherever you go there are people and things to do and see. There are some areas where there are no people but there are always shrines and things to see at every corner.

Breath of the wild would have to be my GOTY.

Comment

Originally posted by OverclockN' View Post
                                                The only Zelda game I can think of right now that ever felt like that at all was Wind Waker. But even that game still had plenty to explore and do.

BotW from the get-go is just full of curious wonder. The environment seems huge and open, but its actually designed and detailed pretty well and there's always something interesting to head towards off in the distance. Towards the end of my playthrough though I did find myself fast traveling quite a bit. Plus the gameplay is so open ended and flexible, you really can use all the game gives you to make up your own playstyles. People who complained about repetition just did not experiment enough. Honestly its only limited by your imagination. Wonderful game.

Comment

Playing Skyrim in my hand is just . Gyro aiming the bow as well is a godsend.

Comment

zelda botw - first time i scared fish onto the bank i was hooked! . then for some reason i became hooked on ice-bowling for dollars.

Comment

Just finished the story in Mario Odyssey, Second finished game this month! The game is fantastic, If I want to keep going there are a hell of alot more moons to find. Everything is just perfect in how it controls to the ideas that Nintendo puts into the game. I rate this one up there with Breath of the Wild.

Comment

This thing worth it? Did not like the wii u.

looks gimmicky to me.

Tempted to buy it...

for thew kids.
                                                        Justin

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Gigabyte RTX 3070 OC - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps - HP OMEN 27i -
                                                        - corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
                                                        PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
                                                        Steam - Tyr-Sog

Comment

Originally posted by Tyr-Sog View Post

looks gimmicky to me.

Tempted to buy it...

for thew kids.
                                                          Well you have 2 GOTY games to buy with it, Although I bought BOTW for the WiiU, Mario Odyssey is fantastic and I'm no kid. WiiU has some great games on it as well but I guess you should know that you like Nintendo games before hand. Maybe they are not for everyone, if your only looking for graphics.

Comment

looks gimmicky to me.

Tempted to buy it...

for thew kids.
                                                            Buy it if there are exclusive games available for it that interest you. That's all that really matters.

Comment

looks gimmicky to me.
                                                              This is probably the purest 'console' from Nintendo in a long while. Also why do people get on Nintendo's case about their consoles being gimmicky? They pioneered motion controls, labelled 'gimmicky' which in some way has become a staple of gaming, literally every console has some form of motion control now, including PC with VR.

The Wii U controller with the screen seemed like a good idea but they turned that idea completely on it's head by making the console a portable and frankly, the controllers are freakin genius. Best controllers to ever grace a console for way too many reasons.
                                                              Phobos:

Mars:

Deimos on Steam

Comment

Nintendo was also the first console to include a thumb controlled analog stick.

Anyway, so far the Switch for me is up there with the GBA as my favorite gaming machine. (GBA SP ofcourse, the original hardware was wank)

Comment

Handheld skyrim is pretty neat, the game controls better with the pro controller though, it feels like the deadzone is much larger on the joycon stick.

Comment

xenoblade chronicles 2 this friday. guess nintendo caved and have japanese audio w/english subs as a free day-one dlc

Comment

I hope the music is better this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dungeoncrawler View Post
                                                                        xenoblade chronicles 2 this friday. guess nintendo caved and have japanese audio w/english subs as a free day-one dlc
                                                                        Went ahead and pre-ordered this one, probably my last Switch title for 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by Mangler View Post
                                                                          I hope the music is better this time.
                                                                          I bet its more like Xenoblade Chronicles (more fantasy) than Xenoblade Chronicles X (more sci fi anime)
                                                                          ------Squachbox 2022------
                                                                          Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 full size aluminum chassis
                                                                          Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750watt PSU
                                                                          AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
                                                                          Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                                                          2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
                                                                          BenQ Mobiuz EX2710S 27" FHD monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
                                                                          Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
                                                                          Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
                                                                          Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe
                                                                          HyperX Cloud Stinger wired headset

Comment

I don’t like anime. Any other game worth boning?

Btw I haven’t played switch for more than 30 mins since purchase.

Comment

I don’t like anime. Any other game worth boning?

Btw I haven’t played switch for more than 30 mins since purchase.
                                                                              I don't feel like going back through the thread, do you own Mario Odyssey?

Comment

I have Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, and some Tetris game. I have played Kart but didn't enjoy it. Played a bit of Zelda and it wasn't fun at all with all the switching weaponry mid action. Watched my son and wife play Odyssey and I like it but I am not going to play it as I have seen them play the whole thing thus far and they are almost to the end now.

Comment

I have Mario, Mario Kart, Zelda, and some Tetris game. I have played Kart but didn't enjoy it. Played a bit of Zelda and it wasn't fun at all with all the switching weaponry mid action. Watched my son and wife play Odyssey and I like it but I am not going to play it as I have seen them play the whole thing thus far and they are almost to the end now.
                                                                                  I've watched my wife play most of Odyssey, but I still play it and love it. It's a great game.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X