No announcement yet.

Official Nintendo Switch Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished up golf story in 18 hours and some change. Did all side quests and main story. Not bad for 15 bucks.

Comment

I've got 9 physical games, one of which only exists in physical in Japan. 2 I would have got physical but was cheap on the japanese eshop.

Granted I love the ease of digital, but switch is the only system I want to collect physical games for. I just wish some of these. Indie games would say before if physical is happening.
      Fantards the scourge of the universe:

Comment

Originally posted by SirBaron View Post
        What do you classify as games as I have about 46 games on the Switch .

9 physical, a few would have been physical, but was cheap on the Japanese E-Shop.

Sure the rest are Indie and whatever else like Neo Geo, but for me these days I prefer playing Indie games more than I do AAA games .

Not saying I don't play AAA, but I'm slowly getting burned by how they're all the same **** every year.

Anyway my point was, there's too many games, there's others I want to buy but haven't got around to it yet.
        Educate me I just got the switch Friday night (Finally!!). How do I use eshops outside my region?

So far I have Shovel Knight, Rabbids, and Zelda.
        Plex / Steam Machine / Hyper-V
        MSI Gaming B350 Tomahawk |Ryzen R5 5600X |32GB |MSI 3060Ti VENTUS 2X |19TB NVMe/SDD/HDD |Windows 11 Pro
        Laptop
        Dell Inspiron 7577 | Intel i7-7700HQ |16GB DDR 4 DRAM 2400 |Nvidia 1060 6GB |3TB NVMe/SDD |Fedora 35
        VR
        Oculus Quest 2 / PSVR
        Consoles
        SteamDeck|Switch|WiiU|Wii|Gamecube|New 3DS XL|DS|GBA|N64|SNES|NES|XBOX|XBOX360|XBOXSeries|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|Vita|PSP|DreamCast|Saturn|Genesis
        Classical Liberalism: A political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties, private property, and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law. Strong emphasizes economic freedom and the individual over the collective.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmt View Post
          Educate me I just got the switch Friday night (Finally!!). How do I use eshops outside my region?

So far I have Shovel Knight, Rabbids, and Zelda.
          Just sign up via the other region websites, then you have to link that account on your Switch...
          Originally posted by IamHere
          You guys are closet communists.

Comment

Originally posted by Elysian View Post
            Just sign up via the other region websites, then you have to link that account on your Switch...
            Thank man! I should have just asked you doh! BTW since buying Friday we picked up more games lol. My wife is in love and the boys want one for Christmas. I guess that is all they are getting.

I've got 9 physical games, one of which only exists in physical in Japan. 2 I would have got physical but was cheap on the japanese eshop.

Granted I love the ease of digital, but switch is the only system I want to collect physical games for. I just wish some of these. Indie games would say before if physical is happening.
            Me too! I buy PS4 games digitally, but for my 3Ds and Switch I want physical. Mostly so we can share if we get other systems like we do on the 3Ds, but they are so small makes it very easy to carry around too.
            MSI Gaming B350 Tomahawk |Ryzen R5 5600X |32GB |MSI 3060Ti VENTUS 2X |19TB NVMe/SDD/HDD |Windows 11 Pro
            Laptop
            Dell Inspiron 7577 | Intel i7-7700HQ |16GB DDR 4 DRAM 2400 |Nvidia 1060 6GB |3TB NVMe/SDD |Fedora 35
            VR
            Oculus Quest 2 / PSVR
            Consoles
            SteamDeck|Switch|WiiU|Wii|Gamecube|New 3DS XL|DS|GBA|N64|SNES|NES|XBOX|XBOX360|XBOXSeries|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|Vita|PSP|DreamCast|Saturn|Genesis
            Classical Liberalism: A political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties, private property, and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law. Strong emphasizes economic freedom and the individual over the collective.

Comment

I buy games sdigital on ps4 because of being able to share one purchase on 2 separate PlayStation accounts, and split the game cost in half.

Comment

Nintendo shares trading higher than the peak of the Wii craze, I should have bought shares when the Wii u got announced

Comment

Bought the switch Friday and wife bought one yesterday. My 15yr old has been hogging mine all weekend too lol. I went ahead and picked him up one for Christmas. This is the first non xbox console he likes to play since he was younger rock'n the Gamecube. Nintendo is hot right now
                  Laptop
                  VR
                  Oculus Quest 2 / PSVR
                  Consoles

Comment

Nintendo shares trading higher than the peak of the Wii craze, I should have bought shares when the Wii u got announced
                    are you sure?

btw, I bought a ton of nintendo stock back in December. For that matter, I bought a ton of AMD the December before... yeah, go check that stock chart Yup, I've been doing exceptionally well on my investments that last couple years.
                    Originally posted by KAC
                    To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
                    Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
                    Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
                    Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
                    Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
                    Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
                    Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
                    tnt2
                    geforce2mx
                    kyro 2
                    radeon 8500
                    radeon 9600
                    radeon 9800pro
                    radeon x800pro
                    geforce 8800gtx
                    radeon 6850
                    radeon 280
                    radeon 580
                    radeon 6700xt

Comment

Well some analyst said it was at a 10 year high, from Wii peak etc. Don shoot the messenger

Got some white Joycon shells, goddamn never taking apart a Joycon ever again.

Comment

Hey, that thing looks good in white.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
                        Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
                        EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
                        32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
                        Corsair HX1000W
                        Corsair 600T Silver Edition
                        Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
                        LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
                        Asus Sabretooth Z77
                        Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
                        16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
                        Corsair CX750M
                        Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
                        Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard

Comment

I was going to get a clear case then I remembered I dont care enough to get one and install it.

Comment

Despite not being a fan of handhelds, I got to admit that I prefer playing games like golf story in handheld mode.

Pixel art just looks better on a small screen.

Comment

Bah, wasn't going to pick up a Switch anytime soon but my credit card had a $50 off at Amazon and rewards took another $25 off so I bit! Bleh! Will wait to use it for Mario Odyssey though next week as I'm not going to buy a bunch of Wii U ports I already have.
                              Last edited by Nascar24; Oct 16, 2017, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nascar24 View Post
                                Bah, wasn't going to pick up a Switch anytime soon but my credit card had a $50 off at Amazon and rewards took $25 off so I bit! Bleh! Will wait to use it for Mario Odyssey though next week as I'm not going to buy a bunch of Wii U ports I already have.
                                lol 25 bucks off as justification Whatever makes you feel better. Pick up Mario X Rabbids if you like Xcom.

Comment

Originally posted by logical View Post
                                  lol 25 bucks off as justification Whatever makes you feel better. Pick up Mario X Rabbids if you like Xcom.
                                  Nope $75 off. $25 wouldnt have put me over the top

Comment

Who's chicken who added me on switch .

Comment

Still think they should have gone with a 7 inch screen and slightly less bezel.

Comment

Fire emblem coming out Friday, anyone else excited?
                                        The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.
                                        -George Carlin
                                        An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz

Comment

Originally posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
                                          Nope. Waiting the release of Mario Odyssey.

Comment

Saw it for sale in Wal-Mart today.

This was the same Wal-Mart though that had the ps4 pro out a week early too.

Comment

Nope. Waiting the release of Mario Odyssey.
                                              As much as I want to be excited about it. I cant. I think Mario has officially hit its end-run with me.
                                              The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.
                                              -George Carlin
                                              An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz

Comment

Will get I at some point, busy month this month game wise.

Comment

Had an amazon gift card so I pre-ordered Mario Odyssey. Digital version.

Comment

Received my Switch and it seems like a nice little mobile machine. Haven't looked around much but have seen it written that it isn't much more powerful then the WiiU. Screen is nice. Bought what I call a too expensive zagg screen protector which went on nice but with a few thin dust hairs, tried to get them out but that was a mistake. Once its on I guess you dont want to lift them off as they dont seal every time after that. Had to pay another $5.99 to get another sent out to try again, for how much I paid there should be 3 of them in the package at least. Other issue I am having is HDMI communication through a switch box. I have my XBOX one and WiiU connected to the same switch box and they sync without issue but with the Switch it can take 3 or so power off and on's sometimes to get it to sync to the TV, probably wouldnt be a problem connected direct to the TV but cant give up my 4K connections for the Switch, so I guess I live with it.

Comment

I hada similar problem with the dock and the TV the first time I tried it. Just dock it and hit the power button that usually sends the signal to the TV. Just plunking it down in the switch box doesnt make it send the signal to the tv sometimes... at least for me.

Comment

I hada similar problem with the dock and the TV the first time I tried it. Just dock it and hit the power button that usually sends the signal to the TV. Just plunking it down in the switch box doesnt make it send the signal to the tv sometimes... at least for me.
                                                        It hasn't mattered, docked or just power button it can take several tries before it syncs, my TV has had some known issues reading another forum with that type of thing though, And doing it through an HDMI switch box probably doesn't help.

Comment

Got my mario, will be intradesting to see how the motion controls works with the handheld mode.

Feels like they should be a better fit for the docked mode.

Comment

Originally posted by Mangler View Post
                                                            Got my mario, will be intradesting to see how the motion controls works with the handheld mode.

Feels like they should be a better fit for the docked mode.
                                                            You have it installed?

Comment

I have the physical version.

Comment

Originally posted by Mangler View Post
                                                                I have the physical version.
                                                                Oh yeah forgot about physical versions lol.

I havent been reading any previews did anyone catch how many hours this game is supposed to offer?

Comment

Oh yeah forgot about physical versions lol.

I havent been reading any previews did anyone catch how many hours this game is supposed to offer?
                                                                  I'm hearing from early reviewers you can beat it in 15 hours if you plow through it, but there's a ton of extra stuff to explore.

Comment

Im not expecting BoTW levels of time out of this but I am hoping to get about 40 hours out of it.

Comment

Im not expecting BoTW levels of time out of this but I am hoping to get about 40 hours out of it.
                                                                      Might be able to squeeze that much time out of it.

The reviewers I was hearing this from just did all the main portions of the game to get to the end. I'm sure there's tons of extra stuff to do. For example, in Super Mario 64 you only need to collect 70 stars to beat the game (without exploits) but there are 120 total in the game to find. I expect a similar thing with Odyssey.

Comment

Received my Switch and it seems like a nice little mobile machine. Haven't looked around much but have seen it written that it isn't much more powerful then the WiiU. Screen is nice. Bought what I call a too expensive zagg screen protector which went on nice but with a few thin dust hairs, tried to get them out but that was a mistake. Once its on I guess you dont want to lift them off as they dont seal every time after that. Had to pay another $5.99 to get another sent out to try again, for how much I paid there should be 3 of them in the package at least. Other issue I am having is HDMI communication through a switch box. I have my XBOX one and WiiU connected to the same switch box and they sync without issue but with the Switch it can take 3 or so power off and on's sometimes to get it to sync to the TV, probably wouldnt be a problem connected direct to the TV but cant give up my 4K connections for the Switch, so I guess I live with it.
                                                                        In portable it's a bit faster than the Wii u in docked it's a fair bit faster.

Anyway got Mario installed and playing, good game so far

Twas cheap on amazon Japan. 42 Euro ish.

Comment

In portable it's a bit faster than the Wii u in docked it's a fair bit faster.

Anyway got Mario installed and playing, good game so far

Twas cheap on amazon Japan. 42 Euro ish.
                                                                          Based on current reviews we have another Mario Masterpiece incoming, Not released until tomorrow here.

Comment

Based on current reviews we have another Mario Masterpiece incoming, Not released until tomorrow here.
                                                                            Metacritic says 97%. Maybe I'll have to go buy a switch now?
                                                                            Originally posted by KAC
                                                                            To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
                                                                            Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
                                                                            Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
                                                                            Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
                                                                            Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
                                                                            Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
                                                                            Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
                                                                            tnt2
                                                                            geforce2mx
                                                                            kyro 2
                                                                            radeon 8500
                                                                            radeon 9600
                                                                            radeon 9800pro
                                                                            radeon x800pro
                                                                            geforce 8800gtx
                                                                            radeon 6850
                                                                            radeon 280
                                                                            radeon 580
                                                                            radeon 6700xt

Comment

Good to hear it's doing so well in reviews. I'm getting a Switch eventually either way, but a few more big games to make it worth it would be great.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
                                                                              Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
                                                                              EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
                                                                              32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
                                                                              Corsair HX1000W
                                                                              Corsair 600T Silver Edition
                                                                              Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
                                                                              LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
                                                                              Asus Sabretooth Z77
                                                                              Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
                                                                              16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
                                                                              Corsair CX750M
                                                                              Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
                                                                              Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by SubCog View Post
                                                                                Metacritic says 97%. Maybe I'll have to go buy a switch now?
                                                                                Looks like a Mario/stranger things 2 weekend!
                                                                                I had no plan to buy a switch anytime soon, until they had a $75 off deal on one and with me selling all my retro games to fund it, I went for it.

Comment

Today I need to pick up Mario Odyssey. My first Mario game since Super Mario Bros on the NES.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X