No announcement yet.

Official Nintendo Switch Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm buying it, never played the wii u version and I'm somewhat curious to see if it really is that much better than the sonic kart racers.

Comment

Arcade racers are a lot of fun for local multiplayer. They don't need a lot of depth, and are sort of auto-handicapping so everyone in the room can join in without losing too terribly. Being able to attack each other with items makes it more fun than a traditional racer if you're playing casually with friends. I haven't played the Sega one, but heard it was very good.

I enjoy single player Mario Kart because I'm a completionist gamer and like to try to win all the cups. But it can wear thin quicker than other games. What's nice is that I can play a few races for just a few minutes before switching to some other game--then it doesn't get boring.

Comment

Mario Kart 8 is fun for me with online Multiplayer and wish they would bring the extra content to the WiiU version, No idea why Nintendo neglected to ever add the Battle arenas into the WiiU version , Which is really the major revision getting added back into the Switch version.

Comment

Originally posted by KAC View Post
          What's the deal with Mario Kart? Isn't it a stupid Kart Racing game like all the others in most game arcades? Why will it be such a big system seller soon?
          Mario Kart is a huge seller for Nintendo. Fun casual game that anyone can easily jump into and have fun. Makes sense for them to re-release it.

The appeal of Mario Kart 8 on the Switch is the mobility of now being able to play it anywhere.

Comment

So again a Mario Kart game gets a 9/10 across all websites. Dafuq!

Comment

For good reason, it's good. It's much better value for those who didn't play the Wii u version, but it's still decent. 1080p60fps, new battle mode with 5 maps? New characters etc.

I'll pick it up, but mainly because of it being portable.
              Fantards the scourge of the universe:

Comment

Would be nice if they would have had some new original titles designed for the switch ready for launch. At this point they are releasing WiiU ports that look pretty much identical to that version and charging $60 for them. I guess good for the bottom line of Nintendo but about useless for WiiU owners that bought these games years ago.

Comment

My switch is collecting dust like my Vita at this point I dont think I am going to buy mariokart. The days of enjoying racing around a track with no story or reason other than to win is over.

Comment

Originally posted by logical View Post
                    My switch is collecting dust like my Vita at this point I dont think I am going to buy mariokart. The days of enjoying racing around a track with no story or reason other than to win is over.
                    The game is infinitely more fun when playing with other people. Its a bore fest to play it alone.

When my wife and my son and I play we have a blast.

Comment

My Switch is only collecting dust because I became far too busy after buying it with work My wife preordered Mario Kart 8 for me, I may get to play it sometime next year
                      Originally posted by IamHere
                      You guys are closet communists.

Comment

Originally posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
                        The game is infinitely more fun when playing with other people. Its a bore fest to play it alone.

When my wife and my son and I play we have a blast.
                        Yeah I know I played the original mariokart religiously and its nice to see this one has battle mode baked in but I wouldnt be playing with anyone else. I dont see myself doing online multiplayer. I would buy the game at 20 but not at full price.

Comment

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/...the-next-year/

For months now, Nintendo has said it planned to ship 2 million Switch systems to players worldwide in the system's first month of availability. In an earnings report released Thursday, the company announced it had beaten that estimate by nearly 40 percent, shipping 2.74 million systems in March for what it calls "a promising start."

The numbers are no great surprise, at this point. The Switch has seen nearly instant sellouts at major retailers, leading to high markups on eBay's secondary market. Still, the official numbers highlight an incredibly strong start for Nintendo's new hardware.
                          A hobbiest foundry and forge in progress, plans, suppliers, showcasing ideas

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire

Comment

Every new console starts out strong... what we need to know is when sales starts tapering off.

Comment

Mario Kart is pretty nice, seems to have some really neat tracks and the art style is also very nice.

Don't understand why the thing has so many items that targets the #1 though, it just gets annoying, and I guess it becomes a real pain in the ass on the faster circuits.

Comment

Originally posted by Mangler View Post
                                Mario Kart is pretty nice, seems to have some really neat tracks and the art style is also very nice.

Don't understand why the thing has so many items that targets the #1 though, it just gets annoying, and I guess it becomes a real pain in the ass on the faster circuits.
                                Rubberbanding that MK is known for. Still debating on purchasing... if I do I am going digital.

Comment

Originally posted by Elysian View Post
                                  My Switch is only collecting dust because I became far too busy after buying it with work My wife preordered Mario Kart 8 for me, I may get to play it sometime next year
                                  i keep mine at work and play in the bathroom.
                                  poop and play is all the rage now
                                  my graphics card is now a physx card ;
                                  my cpu is a quad toaster

Comment

Originally posted by mynakedrat2 View Post
                                    i keep mine at work and play in the bathroom.
                                    poop and play is all the rage now

Comment

Nintendo 2DS XL announced yesterday. They are going to milk the DS line to death.

Comment

No one wants this ****ing console. For over a week we have been making an announcement that we would have them today with limited quantities and we will be handing out tickets to reserve them. I had 3 people only...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
                                        "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein
                                        Twitch Channel | Steam Profile | Console ID: Pocky4Th3Win

Comment

I guess Ham Lake is not a hot bed for nintendo fans. A lot of people still cant get their hands on one.

Comment

Don't work in Ham Lake, Live there...

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Well wherever you work. I dont think I have seen a single one on a shelf yet.

Comment

Company policy was not to have them on the shelf due to the concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by |MaguS| View Post
                                                  No one wants this ****ing console. For over a week we have been making an announcement that we would have them today with limited quantities and we will be handing out tickets to reserve them. I had 3 people only...

I've not seen a single store in Austin with one on the shelf. Locked boxes, there's no reason a store wouldn't put them out there if they were in stock.

Comment

My mother was in Miami a couple weeks ago, it was almost impossible to get a hold of a pro controller or joycons. I was lucky and ordered a pair of joycons from Amazon (they went sold-out after that), however with the pro controller it was not possible.

I had her controller-hunting across best-buys, gamestops, walmarts, etc in Kendall for 1 week. She managed to get one in the 4th best buy store she went

The console is a different story, it was nowhere to be found. I don't know if this is a strategy from Nintendo artificially generating demand on the console by having short supplies or what...
                                                    BEHEMOTH (Desktop): Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Formula | Intel Core i9 12900K + Asus ROG Strix LC 240 | Kingston Fury 64GB DDR5-5200 | LG 27GN950-b [email protected] | PowerColor Red Devil Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB | CoolerMaster Cosmos C700P + Asus ROG Thor 1200W Platinum | Sound Blaster X AE-5 + Edifier R1280DBs + Edifier T5 + Logitech G935 | HyperX Alloy Elite RGB CherryMX Red + Logitech G502 Lightspeed + Logitech Powerplay | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe SSD 2TB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe SSD 2TB | LG BD-RE | Windows 11 Pro

Charquito (Desktop): Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Core i9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz + Asus ROG Ryuo 240 | Corsair Ballistic 32GB DDR4-3000 | Dell U2713HM 27" | Asus ROG Strix Geforce GTX1080| Cooler Master Cosmos 2 + Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W | Logitech MK850 Performance | Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 512GB | Sony BD-ROM | Windows 11 Pro

Bloodzone.net Moderator

Comment

Gamestop stores across the country may have gotten new shipments of the Nintendo Switch in advance of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe release, but if you didn't already know that probably missed them. Nintendo's new hybrid living room/portable console started flying off of store shelves on day one, and it shows no sign of slowing down anytime soon. It's good news for Nintendo, a company that badly needed a win with its core console business after the tepid response to the Wii U and good news for the Nintendo fans that have managed to get their hands on one of the things.
                                                      "It's exceeding our expectations," he said. "We knew it would be a high demand product, but our Switch allocations are selling out not in days, but in hours...the demand is so high that consumers have to react quickly to be able to get their hands on them."

And while specific predictions about future supply or demand are tough to come by, nobody seems to be banking on supply stabilizing any time soon. At this point, demand still seems to be riding a launch window peak where machines are selling out immediately, at least for all intents and purposes.

"Right now we're not seeing sales going down at all, and I would expect that to continue for quite some time," said Bright
                                                      Clearly MaguS lives in a twilight zone.

Comment

Goto www.istocknow.com and you will probably be able to find one locally, at least in the US.

Comment

No one wants a Switch, yet it somehow sold 2.5 million units in the first couple months.

Comment

i waited in line 5 hrs release night for one. it was cold.
                                                            my graphics card is now a physx card ;
                                                            my cpu is a quad toaster

Comment

So I went to Shopko tonight after dinner just to look around.

They had 3 gray Switches and 6 neon.

I decided to bite the bullet and grabbed a neon one even though I swore I would wait for a revision after returning the one I bought on launch day.

The checkout person said they had 15 come in this morning, but nobody really goes there for that stuff.
                                                              Last edited by Clockwork; Apr 28, 2017, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nascar24 View Post
                                                                Goto www.istocknow.com and you will probably be able to find one locally, at least in the US.
                                                                All kinds in stock in my area at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
                                                                  No one wants a Switch, yet it somehow sold 2.5 million units in the first couple months.
                                                                  That was just for match. Nintendo predicted 2 million, analysts said 2.4 they sold 2.7 in March.

Comment

It's misleading. Shows in my area for Walmart. But the local Walmart stores linked are out. You can buy online from that point, but that's a third party seller jacking up the price 150%.

Comment

Originally posted by koralis View Post
                                                                      It's misleading. Shows in my area for Walmart. But the local Walmart stores linked are out. You can buy online from that point, but that's a third party seller jacking up the price 150%.
                                                                      I'm sure there are probably a few stores like that but it's not just one store on the map, there are about 10 stores in my area showing stock right now

Comment

I'm sure there are probably a few stores like that but it's not just one store on the map, there are about 10 stores in my area showing stock right now

I looked at 5 near me.. actually drilling to the actual store's web site, Walmart's and targets. No stock. The website's just not good at figuring things out.

For example, here's a store from that site that claims it's in stock as of 2 minutes ago... what does the page actually say?

$299.99
                                                                        limited store availability offer details
                                                                        unavailable near you
                                                                        shipping: temporarily out of stock

Target has a "find at other stores near me" button... tried that... 20 stores, out of stock.
                                                                        Last edited by koralis; Apr 29, 2017, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Those Joy-Con controllers... For large ish hands how are they? My only concern about picking up a Switch is that they seem small, and the way a controller feels is important to me.
                                                                          "I'll admit it. I did try and **** her, she was married."
                                                                          "I moved on her like a bitch. I couldn't get there and she was married."
                                                                          "I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
                                                                          "Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
                                                                          "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
                                                                          "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)

Comment

They arent bad if you are using them in handheld mode or the supplied controller holder thing, but if you are doing mutliplayer with them(one side for each person) they are way too small for most people.

Comment

I found them a bit tiring when playing Mario Kart 8 this weekend in handheld mode. My thumb starts to hurt from holding the A button down so much, where I don't have that issue on the pro controller.

Comment

Originally posted by Elysian View Post
                                                                                I found them a bit tiring when playing Mario Kart 8 this weekend in handheld mode. My thumb starts to hurt from holding the A button down so much, where I don't have that issue on the pro controller.
                                                                                Turn on auto accelerate. Best option added for mariokart all time.

Comment

Originally posted by logical View Post
                                                                                  Turn on auto accelerate. Best option added for mariokart all time.
                                                                                  Haven't tried it, but I'll give it a shot. I turned off the steering assist, it makes taking short cuts nearly impossible a lot of the time.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X