Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Nintendo Switch Discussion

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by ShaidarHaran View Post
    I also don't run screen protectors on my mobile devices and have never shattered glass. I do use standard cases with raised surfaces to protect in case of drops, though. I also have scratched glass a couple times before. I think I would take sapphire glass + a case over Gorilla glass + a case at this point. If it were an option that is.
    I'd never broken a phone screen till my iPhone All of my phones have managed to get scratches though, unless I ran a screen protector.

    I did break my Moto Xoom screen once, I was drunk
    Originally posted by IamHere
    You guys are closet communists.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Elysian View Post
      I'd never broken a phone screen till my iPhone All of my phones have managed to get scratches though, unless I ran a screen protector.

      I did break my Moto Xoom screen once, I was drunk
      Maybe stop typing out angry responses on Rage on your phone

      That's why I have a mechanical keyboard
      Praise be to the God and father of our lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.

      Comment


        Users of the Nintendo Switch, the fastest selling games console in the company's history, have complained of dead or stuck pixels on the Switch's display. Nintendo has responded, stating that dead or stuck pixels are "normal" and "should not be considered a defect."

        "Small numbers of stuck or dead pixels are a characteristic of LCD screens. These are normal and should not be considered a defect."

        Source: https://www.neowin.net/news/nintendo...els-are-normal

        Oh rightie then.
        :: We are all the sum of our tears.
        :: Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there.
        :: Too much and best of us is washed away.

        Comment


          Originally posted by ShaidarHaran View Post
          I also don't run screen protectors on my mobile devices and have never shattered glass. I do use standard cases with raised surfaces to protect in case of drops, though. I also have scratched glass a couple times before. I think I would take sapphire glass + a case over Gorilla glass + a case at this point. If it were an option that is.
          Originally posted by Elysian View Post
          I'd never broken a phone screen till my iPhone All of my phones have managed to get scratches though, unless I ran a screen protector.

          I did break my Moto Xoom screen once, I was drunk
          I've actually just moved to using cheap phones. I'm currently using a Moto g4, and I love it. It's a $200 phone that is reasonably snappy and works well. I do have a screen protector on it, but no protective case, and I don't pay for insurance... for the price, it's cheaper to replace it anyway. Phones are now disposable to me.
          Originally posted by KAC
          To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

          Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory


          Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
          Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
          Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
          Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
          Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
          Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
          Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

          riva tnt
          tnt2
          geforce2mx
          kyro 2
          radeon 8500
          radeon 9600
          radeon 9800pro
          radeon x800pro
          geforce 8800gtx
          radeon 6850
          radeon 280
          radeon 580
          radeon 6700xt

          Comment


            Looking like it's a hardware issue with the left joycon

            https://www.vg247.com/2017/03/07/loo...n-flaw-report/

            Comment


              Originally posted by Nascar24 View Post
              Looking like it's a hardware issue with the left joycon

              https://www.vg247.com/2017/03/07/loo...n-flaw-report/
              Damn that sucks. No easy fix for Nintendo now.

              So this only applies to when playing with the joy cons separate from the screen?

              Comment


                Originally posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
                Damn that sucks. No easy fix for Nintendo now.

                So this only applies to when playing with the joy cons separate from the screen?
                Cant answer that since I dont own one, but I think they should stay on the screen and just use a pro controller anyways in my opinion for TV play.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
                  Damn that sucks. No easy fix for Nintendo now.

                  So this only applies to when playing with the joy cons separate from the screen?
                  I haven't had any issues with it in the time i have played that way.

                  Originally posted by Nascar24 View Post
                  Cant answer that since I dont own one, but I think they should stay on the screen and just use a pro controller anyways in my opinion for TV play.
                  A pro controller or a 2nd set of joy cons. Having to remove them every time you dock it takes away from one of the major selling points.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by jimjobob View Post
                    I haven't had any issues with it in the time i have played that way.



                    A pro controller or a 2nd set of joy cons. Having to remove them every time you dock it takes away from one of the major selling points.
                    The Joy cons are too small and look badly laid out anyways, They should have made it one solid unit like the WiiU and also laid the buttons out like the WiiU and thrown the dam $70 Pro controller in for TV play. You know kind of like you get a controller with the PS4 and Xbox One. The whole motion control thing died with the Wii in my opinion and is just shovel ware for the most part, I don't consider being able to remove those as a major selling point.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Nascar24 View Post
                      The Joy cons are too small and look badly laid out anyways, They should have made it one solid unit like the WiiU and also laid the buttons out like the WiiU and thrown the dam $70 Pro controller in for TV play. You know kind of like you get a controller with the PS4 and Xbox One. The whole motion control thing died with the Wii in my opinion and is just shovel ware for the most part, I don't consider being able to remove those as a major selling point.
                      The selling point i was referring to was the seamless transition between handheld and tv modes. Also, if you play lying down on a couch, (use to play like that before getting a reclining one) having your hands just sit comfortably wherever they rested was one of the only nice things about the wii.

                      The idea of propping it up and playing two player with the two joy cons has potential as well.

                      Comment


                        I like the Joy Cons in handheld mode and in the Joy Con dock. They work well for what they are. I've not tried to use them outside of a dock though. I have big hands, but haven't had an issue with the size of the Joy Cons at all.
                        Originally posted by IamHere
                        You guys are closet communists.

                        Comment


                          I started wondering if the removable joy cons open a market for alternative controllers, either by Nintendo themselves, or other companies. How difficult would it be to make a controller with a different layout or design, and have it work with Switch? Ripping electronics from the originals and putting them into another controller shell would be an easy DIY solution. Nintendo loves selling accessories, so they might have some ideas already.
                          So long, and thanks for all the fish.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by lviz View Post
                            I started wondering if the removable joy cons open a market for alternative controllers, either by Nintendo themselves, or other companies. How difficult would it be to make a controller with a different layout or design, and have it work with Switch? Ripping electronics from the originals and putting them into another controller shell would be an easy DIY solution. Nintendo loves selling accessories, so they might have some ideas already.
                            I would imagine that Nintendo has proprietary encryption for the Joy Con's pairing which makes 3rd party controllers not an option.

                            Comment


                              No but Nintendo will probably make unique joycons with some gimicky feature forsome type of games.
                              Fantards the scourge of the universe:

                              Comment


                                [yt]sfzwmnlS7mI[/yt]

                                Seems like this port is pretty solid, the frame rate is worse, but it basically looks the same as the ps4 version, and does at least run at a locked 30 fps.

                                Comment


                                  Played some of Blaster Master Zero yesterday, loved it. Also keep plugging along at BoTW when I have a chance. Seriously, love the handheld aspect, gives me more time than I would otherwise have to play.
                                  Originally posted by IamHere
                                  You guys are closet communists.

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Mangler View Post
                                    [yt]sfzwmnlS7mI[/yt]

                                    Seems like this port is pretty solid, the frame rate is worse, but it basically looks the same as the ps4 version, and does at least run at a locked 30 fps.
                                    The switch is certainly powerful enough to run that game. It's nothing groundbreaking. I'm actually surprised its only at 30 FPS... But then again this is a Squarenix port, so that pretty much explains it.
                                    The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.
                                    -George Carlin
                                    An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

                                    So keep aiming.

                                    -Interwebz

                                    Comment


                                      It's unity, so it's not that friendly towards weak multicore cpus.

                                      Comment


                                        [yt]hpSPyW5v8r0[/yt]

                                        connector for flash....
                                        However, I am in the extreme minority, and I understand that there is something fundamentally wrong with me

                                        Comment


                                          Why on earth doesn't blaster master support the ****ing pro controller??

                                          The dpad on the joycon sucks, plz don't force me to use it sunsoft.

                                          Comment


                                            I don't see it happening but it would be a good move for both Nvidia and Nintendo if the switch was updated to support game stream and GeForce Now.

                                            Comment


                                              I had my first issue...

                                              Last night I was low on battery, so I unplugged the AC adapter from the dock so I could directly power the tablet. After I was done, I hooked it back up again, but the dock was acting like it was dead. No LED lit, and docking the console did nothing (screen still on). I replugged everything multiple times without luck.

                                              Went on the support site, and one of the things it has you do is unplug the AC adapter from both ends and wait thirty seconds before hooking it back up. That fixed it. Weird problem. Does USB type C have a chip in it like Lightning cables?

                                              Comment


                                                What are the upcoming games on this one?

                                                Comment


                                                  So far hackers have noticed that the OS is liekly a rewrite of the 3DS OS. It has a lot of the syscalls from the 3DS OS. Plus it's based on FreeBSD which the PS4 is also based on.
                                                  Fantards the scourge of the universe:

                                                  Comment


                                                    Originally posted by jimjobob View Post
                                                    I don't see it happening but it would be a good move for both Nvidia and Nintendo if the switch was updated to support game stream and GeForce Now.
                                                    While that would be nice why would they want you to play games they recieve no money from, and would likely impact on future title purchases.
                                                    Fantards the scourge of the universe:

                                                    Comment


                                                      Originally posted by SirBaron View Post
                                                      While that would be nice why would they want you to play games they recieve no money from, and would likely impact on future title purchases.
                                                      The shield game stream llibrary its not that vast, the only sales it would take away would be maybe a handful of games that very few people already own on it if later ported to the switch and would allow for home play of games like TW3 running on a 1080 atm and likely upgraded more overvtime.
                                                      Less impact on sales than netflix has on sony/ms video sales. While at the same time eliminating the most vocalized complaint about the switch. For Nvidia, it would give access to a much larger audience.

                                                      Comment


                                                        Netflix and Spotify have had a very large. Impact on the market.

                                                        But it's a moot point because we know Nintendo will never add it.
                                                        Fantards the scourge of the universe:

                                                        Comment


                                                          Got my standard plastic Hori screen protector in the mail today. Not the faulty premium one. Super easy to put on, only had a couple of micro bubbles that are gone already. Now I'm not paranoid about docking scratches.

                                                          Comment


                                                            Wifi maybe to blame for some performance issues.

                                                            https://www.vg247.com/2017/03/13/nin...-a-fix-report/

                                                            Comment


                                                              That seems plausible. The first time I noticed a significant frame rate drop was yesterday, and it was not in a demanding scene. My camera was pointed down at the ground and there were no enemies around. Maybe a couple wisps of mist.

                                                              Comment


                                                                Scapegoat, the system is underpowered. There are many areas in Zelda and even one enemy in particular that will bring the switch to its knees.

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Originally posted by logical View Post
                                                                  Scapegoat, the system is underpowered. There are many areas in Zelda and even one enemy in particular that will bring the switch to its knees.
                                                                  I dont have this problem in handheld mode, but it is certainly noticeable in docked mode.

                                                                  But I did read an interesting article about there are currently no games that are specifically made for the switch, so what it's capable of we have yet to really see. (Not to say it isnt weak, but I think people forget that it's handheld first, and console second), and I can't say I blame nintendo. Hell you could take PS4 global sales, and Xbox one global sales. Add them together and you might get half of 3DS/DS sales.
                                                                  The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.
                                                                  -George Carlin
                                                                  An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

                                                                  So keep aiming.

                                                                  -Interwebz

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Originally posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
                                                                    I dont have this problem in handheld mode, but it is certainly noticeable in docked mode.

                                                                    But I did read an interesting article about there are currently no games that are specifically made for the switch, so what it's capable of we have yet to really see. (Not to say it isnt weak, but I think people forget that it's handheld first, and console second), and I can't say I blame nintendo. Hell you could take PS4 global sales, and Xbox one global sales. Add them together and you might get half of 3DS/DS sales.
                                                                    I play exclusively in handheld mode. You simply havent gotten far enough into Zelda to come across the areas where it chugs hard. Once you fight to one tall moblin(common enemy) you'll notice it will slow down to almost 0 frames when you hit him. I am sure they could patch that one enemy but the rest of the world they cannot. Theres a forest will you will eventually reach that will chug the system plenty. Thats one of many places that will do it.

                                                                    But, unoptimized games for the switch can be believable. I hope that Mario Odyssey can run 60fps in handheld mode and whatever else nintendo has plans for. I dont expect any 3rd parties will get any major games running on this(like a call of duty or something)

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      The biggest problem is zelda is double buffered, so if. It drops 1 frame It goes straight to 20. Triple buffering would solve that but Nay.
                                                                      Fantards the scourge of the universe:

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Originally posted by logical View Post
                                                                        I play exclusively in handheld mode. You simply havent gotten far enough into Zelda to come across the areas where it chugs hard. Once you fight to one tall moblin(common enemy) you'll notice it will slow down to almost 0 frames when you hit him. I am sure they could patch that one enemy but the rest of the world they cannot. Theres a forest will you will eventually reach that will chug the system plenty. Thats one of many places that will do it.

                                                                        But, unoptimized games for the switch can be believable. I hope that Mario Odyssey can run 60fps in handheld mode and whatever else nintendo has plans for. I dont expect any 3rd parties will get any major games running on this(like a call of duty or something)
                                                                        If you are talking about the big one eyed guys, I've killed plenty of them without problems.. I'm already past Zora place.
                                                                        The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept.
                                                                        -George Carlin
                                                                        An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

                                                                        So keep aiming.

                                                                        -Interwebz

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Originally posted by CurrentlyPissed View Post
                                                                          If you are talking about the big one eyed guys, I've killed plenty of them without problems.. I'm already past Zora place.
                                                                          No not the Hinoxes. They are almost like regular moblins but taller.

                                                                          Past Zoras doesnt matter here as the game is non linear. But you havent hit the forest yet most likely.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            What's the deal with Mario Kart? Isn't it a stupid Kart Racing game like all the others in most game arcades? Why will it be such a big system seller soon?

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              If you think that arcade racers are stupid, then you will find Mario Kart for Switch stupid. It's basically the same Mario Kart that was released for Wii U years ago with some additional content. Some folks like arcade racers, though. I played it quite a lot when it was new.
                                                                              So long, and thanks for all the fish.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                I have played tons of arcade racers. I don't see the appeal of Mario Kart vs. Sega's cart racing game and the eleventy billion cart racing games I see in arcades when I take my kids to the mall.

                                                                                They are fun but wear out thin pretty fast.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  I agree on them wearing out pretty soon. I'm not planning on buying this version of Mario Kart for Switch, because I played it so much already on Wii U.
                                                                                  So long, and thanks for all the fish.

                                                                                  Comment

                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                  X