Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So... like... there is a new PS3 and stuff...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So... like... there is a new PS3 and stuff...

Can't believe the excrement on these forums...

excitement

they havn't announced the price drop yet, so nobody cares. Bring back PS2 bc support and drop the price!
    Originally posted by KAC
    To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
    Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
    Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
    Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
    Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
    Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
    Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
    tnt2
    geforce2mx
    kyro 2
    radeon 8500
    radeon 9600
    radeon 9800pro
    radeon x800pro
    geforce 8800gtx
    radeon 6850
    radeon 280
    radeon 580
    radeon 6700xt

Comment

I cared until I saw the price.
      May the Yods be silent

Comment

Might grab one when we start seeing holiday sales. Right now it's a bit steep though.
        Perky McGiggles
        And he sayeth unto Perky, the numbers 2, 5, and/or 7 are an
        abomination and should never be used in an internet forum
        name, so sayeth the Lord.
        - Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8

Comment

Already got a slim I never use so... yay I guess?
          Seems like everyone is just waiting for the next gen stuff anyway, hard to care at all of a new revision of console that doesnt really do anything your current one cant.
          Cept have a bit more space since they´ve been so incredibly cheap on that, even my slim has something like 120gb.
          And even back then they must have gone out of their way to find SATA harddrives that small..
          you jump out of that plane and that parachute doesnt open, the helmet is now wearing YOU for protection. -JS

Comment

did you see this?

Usually, when a new form factor existing video game hardware debuts, there's a corresponding change in the asking price. But the upcoming re-design of the PlayStation 3 seem to buck that trend, with the 250 GB bundle announced this week set to go for $270. Prices on older models—a 160 GB version starts at $250 and a…

"There's no price drop formally, but the thing that's been happening in the market over the last year or so is that there's been so many retail price promotions, and so many different gift card offers and all those things, being done by all of us (Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony), that we've heard from our consumer, 'Enough with all these weird price moves. What we really want is content and games and value."

god damn prices dropping! no one likes that right guys.
            Quotes:

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus

Comment

So skip "retail price promotions, and so many different gift card offers and all those things, being done by all of us", and just lower the damn retail price.
              No more "wierd price moves", just straight up lower price.

I cant imagine there is a huge market of first time PS3 buyers at this point though.
              But maybe if the price is low enough some will pick one up to have a gander at the exclusives they got on there.
              And I guess there are people who´s PS3s break and they need a new one.. stuff like that..

but "investing in a platform" right now? probably not a huge crowd..

EDIT:
              Also I assume they only do these re-releases when they can cut enough costs on the manufacturing side, so presumably it´s cheaper to manufacture.
              Last edited by jolle; Sep 21, 2012, 01:15 AM.
              you jump out of that plane and that parachute doesnt open, the helmet is now wearing YOU for protection. -JS

Comment

Originally posted by jolle View Post
                EDIT:
                Also I assume they only do these re-releases when they can cut enough costs on the manufacturing side, so presumably it´s cheaper to manufacture.
                Yes, should improve profitability. Sony's got a certain sales number though, that when PS3 sales drop below, they'll drop the price.

Overall though, it sortof sheds some light on the whole PS3 situation. That Sony's still putting all their emphasis on cost reduction, and not ambitiously trying to expand market share, shows that they've sortof given up on this generation. Don't expect them to support the PS3 much after the PS4 launches next year.
                Originally posted by KAC
                To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
                Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
                Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
                Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
                Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
                Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
                Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
                tnt2
                geforce2mx
                kyro 2
                radeon 8500
                radeon 9600
                radeon 9800pro
                radeon x800pro
                geforce 8800gtx
                radeon 6850
                radeon 280
                radeon 580
                radeon 6700xt

Comment

I might buy this because of a couple of exclusives titles I have yet to finish (Heavy Rain, Uncharted 3, and the Ratchet and Clank games). Still having second thoughts though cause I already have a major Steam backlog.

Comment

happy enough with my ps3 regular slim

Comment

There is no reason to buy this if you already have a PS3. I gave mine to my parents since I never used it. I might just buy this one as a bluray and netflix player with a side of exclusive games.

The price still feels a little steep for what it is though. I'm hoping there are some nice discounts on it later this year.
                      Perky McGiggles
                      And he sayeth unto Perky, the numbers 2, 5, and/or 7 are an
                      abomination and should never be used in an internet forum
                      name, so sayeth the Lord.
                      - Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8

Comment

Originally posted by SubCog View Post
                        Overall though, it sortof sheds some light on the whole PS3 situation. That Sony's still putting all their emphasis on cost reduction, and not ambitiously trying to expand market share, shows that they've sortof given up on this generation. Don't expect them to support the PS3 much after the PS4 launches next year.
                        Sony supported PS2 well after PS3 release, there is no reason for Sony not to support PS3 after PS4 release. Sony said many times before they see each of their consoles having at least 10 year life.

and this is from an article today:

Sony to Support PS3 Until at Least 2015

The company's VP of hardware marketing has promised a number of undisclosed first-party games over the next three years.

Sony's VP of hardware marketing John Koller has revealed the company will continue to support the PS3 until at least 2015 with a range of first-party content. "A lot of great content is coming," Koller suggested, continuing, "And over the next 2-3 years, the PS3 has got an incredible lineup."

In an interview with Gamespot, Koller also said "We're going to continue supporting the PS3 for the next few years. Absolutely. And we're going to continue supporting it not only that long, but as long as there is a development spigot that's running hot. And I can tell you right now, the development spigot for PS3 is very hot. A lot of great games coming."

Quite what these games may be remains a mystery, especially extending so far into the future, but it's interesting to ponder what this means in relation to when the PS4 will be released. It seems pretty likely that there's going to be some overlap between the PS3 and PS4 in terms of support, the question is for just how long?
                        Let the speculation begin!

some time this year or early next year probably PS3 will get a price cut and will go for $199.

I expect PS4 to get released in 2014, and probably PS3 will drop to $149 in 2014 and in 2015 would not be surprised to see PS3 reaching to 100+ million units sold.
                        and as long as those numbers keep up for PS3, the support for PS3 should be there.

Originally posted by KickAssCop View Post
                        Can't believe the excrement on these forums...
                        if the older PS3 slim versions would have gotten a price cut, I would be really excited and get another PS3 for just netflix and bluray movies.

the new PS3 looks ok, but don't understand why it still doesn't bundle with a damn hdmi cable.
                        Last edited by nomore; Sep 24, 2012, 04:59 PM.
                        Originally posted by John C Flett
                        I'd swear the PC is the Dracula of gaming. Old and powerful, somebody is always trying to kill it, but it always comes back from the dead, strong as ever.
                        Originally posted by H001iGAN
                        no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC

Comment

Originally posted by nomore View Post
                          Sony supported PS2 well after PS3 release, there is no reason for Sony not to support PS3 after PS4 release. Sony said many times before they see each of their consoles having at least 10 year life.

I expect PS4 to get released in 2014, and probably PS3 will drop to $149 in 2014 and in 2015 would not be surprised to see PS3 reaching to 100+ million units sold.
                          and as long as those numbers keep up for PS3, the support for PS3 should be there.
                          I can't say I disagree with your prediction. Sounds spot on. I think since we are seeing real Xbox Durango devkits floating around the web I think MS will launch their next console next year Nov, and as you said Sony will launch theirs in early 2014 or fall 2014. As I remember Sony saying they are not in a rush to launch and may launch after their major competitor which is, MS. By doing this it gives Sony a year for fab technology to mature so that they could throw more ram and more powerful hardware without breaking the bank and melting the console. Which means they could match what the Xbox Gen3 has +1.

If anything Sony is trying to make up for the cash they bleed with the PS3. Anyone know if they breaking even with the new PS3 or are they still losing money?
                          Last edited by Qb2k5; Sep 24, 2012, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Some say the slim (3xxx model) is made of much higher quality materials compared to the 4xxx superslim. Is this true?

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                              Some say the slim (3xxx model) is made of much higher quality materials compared to the 4xxx superslim. Is this true?
                              See for yourself in the PS3 Slim Teardown and the Super Slim Teardown

I've heard people say that the super slim disc tray is flimsy

Comment

Originally posted by nutcrackr View Post
                                See for yourself in the PS3 Slim Teardown and the Super Slim Teardown

I've heard people say that the super slim disc tray is flimsy
                                That slim disc slider tray looks super cheap. Sony keeps making them smaller and cheaper components but the price stays the same. I personally like the regular slim(I have had a slim and a phat)

Comment

I might get one if the "3 Weeks Used from eBay" coupon code brings the price low enough
                                  Now Playing:
                                  Joe Dever's: Lone Wolf (NS)
                                  Final Fantasy World (PS4P)

Comment

that is alot smaller than the slim version
                                    CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png

Comment

Working...
                                    X