Looking to trade wireless 360 controller wired one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to trade wireless 360 controller wired one

Anyone know where I might find a wired 360 controller for trade? I want to use the 360 controller with my PC but dont want to buy the wireless receiver if I can just trade for a wired one.

No local Gamestops have any wired controllers left. Anywhere else? Seems they are just totally discontinued.
    Last edited by Meteor_of_War; Aug 2, 2009, 04:52 PM.

Any other used game stores by you? Ma and Pa type shop, or gamecrazy? Like I used to tell myself when single and walking home alone from a looooong night of drinking. When all else fails, there's always craigslist.
    Main PC: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHZ l 16GB Corsair DDR3 RAM l nVidia GTX 1070 8GB / AMD 290X 4GB l 256GB SSD HD + 1TB 7200rpm
    Laptop: Intel 4720HQ @ 2.6GHZ l 8GB RAM l nVidia 860M 2GB l 1TB HD 7200rpm l 1080p
    Consoles: Playstation 4 500GB l Xbox One 500GB l Wii U 32GB l Vita w/ 16GB Card

Comment

I cant think of any other game stores around here. Damn Gamestop has monopolized the video game specialty market. I will have to look around for small shops in my area.

And I'd rather not go the Craigslist route. Would much rather just trade with a used games retailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Meteor|WAR View Post
        I cant think of any other game stores around here. Damn Gamestop has monopolized the video game specialty market. I will have to look around for small shops in my area.

And I'd rather not go the Craigslist route. Would much rather just trade with a used games retailer.
        Some used disc places sell and trade games, like disc replay and other used music shops. Usually tucked in the corner of a mall, crack open the yellow pages and see what you can find.
        Main PC: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHZ l 16GB Corsair DDR3 RAM l nVidia GTX 1070 8GB / AMD 290X 4GB l 256GB SSD HD + 1TB 7200rpm
        Laptop: Intel 4720HQ @ 2.6GHZ l 8GB RAM l nVidia 860M 2GB l 1TB HD 7200rpm l 1080p
        Consoles: Playstation 4 500GB l Xbox One 500GB l Wii U 32GB l Vita w/ 16GB Card

Comment

Yeah, will do.

Suggestions are welcomed that's why I posted this thread.

Comment

U cant trade there but some walmarts still carry them and walmart online has them for only $29.

Comment

Originally posted by jimjobob View Post
              U cant trade there but some walmarts still carry them and walmart online has them for only $29.
              Thanks for the suggestion.

But if they're over $19.99 I might as well just get a wireless receiver. I have some concerns using a wireless receiver though. When using it with my PC would it affect my 360 console right next to it? Seems it would pick up the signal and cause headaches.

Comment

But if they're over $19.99 I might as well just get a wireless receiver. I have some concerns using a wireless receiver though. When using it with my PC would it affect my 360 console right next to it? Seems it would pick up the signal and cause headaches.
                i think ive seen some complain about this in the past

Comment

I've never had any problems with that, as long as you sync the controller correctly it basically just works.
                  Last edited by Mangler; Aug 2, 2009, 02:32 PM. Reason: it not is

Comment

Originally posted by jimjobob View Post
                    i think ive seen some complain about this in the past
                    Originally posted by Mangler View Post
                    I've never had any problems with that, as long as you sync the controller correctly is basically just works.
                    Ok so is there a problem with this or not?

I have heard people complain about it as well, yet Mangler is saying once it's synced to the receiver it works with only the receiver?? If it indeed wont be an issue I'll go ahead and order one. Need some feedback from people who can confirm this please.

Comment

There is no problem. Once you sync your 360 controller to the windows receiver it will then disassociate itself with the 360. Its the same as having two 360's sitting next to each other. Personally, I love the wireless receiver and think its a great buy.
                      Plex / Steam Machine / Hyper-V
                      MSI Gaming B350 Tomahawk |Ryzen R5 5600X |32GB |MSI 3060Ti VENTUS 2X |19TB NVMe/SDD/HDD |Windows 11 Pro
                      Laptop
                      Dell Inspiron 7577 | Intel i7-7700HQ |16GB DDR 4 DRAM 2400 |Nvidia 1060 6GB |3TB NVMe/SDD |Fedora 35
                      VR
                      Oculus Quest 2 / PSVR
                      Consoles
                      SteamDeck|Switch|WiiU|Wii|Gamecube|New 3DS XL|DS|GBA|N64|SNES|NES|XBOX|XBOX360|XBOXSeries|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|Vita|PSP|DreamCast|Saturn|Genesis
                      Classical Liberalism: A political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties, private property, and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law. Strong emphasizes economic freedom and the individual over the collective.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmt View Post
                        There is no problem. Once you sync your 360 controller to the windows receiver it will then disassociate itself with the 360. Its the same as having two 360's sitting next to each other. Personally, I love the wireless receiver and think its a great buy.
                        Yep... you just press the sync button on either the receiver or the 360 and then the one on the controller, takes a couple of seconds and that's it.
                        CS-Nation

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation.

Ok then rather than trying to hunt down a wired controller for trade maybe I'll just get the receiver. Only drawback is I'll have to actually spend twenty bucks in the deal which I didnt want to do.

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation.

Ok then rather than trying to hunt down a wired controller for trade maybe I'll just get the receiver. Only drawback is I'll have to actually spend twenty bucks in the deal which I didnt want to do.
                            Its worth it man. Great controller and it deserves to be wireless. Set it free!!!
                            Plex / Steam Machine / Hyper-V
                            MSI Gaming B350 Tomahawk |Ryzen R5 5600X |32GB |MSI 3060Ti VENTUS 2X |19TB NVMe/SDD/HDD |Windows 11 Pro
                            Laptop
                            Dell Inspiron 7577 | Intel i7-7700HQ |16GB DDR 4 DRAM 2400 |Nvidia 1060 6GB |3TB NVMe/SDD |Fedora 35
                            VR
                            Oculus Quest 2 / PSVR
                            Consoles
                            SteamDeck|Switch|WiiU|Wii|Gamecube|New 3DS XL|DS|GBA|N64|SNES|NES|XBOX|XBOX360|XBOXSeries|PS1|PS2|PS3|PS4|Vita|PSP|DreamCast|Saturn|Genesis
                            Classical Liberalism: A political ideology and a branch of liberalism which advocates civil liberties, private property, and political freedom with representative democracy under the rule of law. Strong emphasizes economic freedom and the individual over the collective.

Comment

Wireless controller user here and it's pretty darn amazing. Probably on the top 5 controllers ever made for pc.
                              Currently playing in amazing 3D:

Fallout3, Mirror's Edge, HL2:Ep2, Braid, CoD4, Crysis WH.

Upcoming games I'm going to play:

FF7 PSOneEmulator, FarCry2, NWN2, BioShockPc, Finish Assassin's Creed,
                              SW:Force Unleashed, Trine, The Witcher, Finish Doom3.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmt View Post
                                Its worth it man. Great controller and it deserves to be wireless. Set it free!!!
                                I hear ya. I guess I just didnt see the point since I am sitting right next to my PC.

Figured the best course of action (and cheapest) was to trade one of my wireless ones for a wired since I can just plug it into the front USB jack. Unfortunately though wired controllers are hard to come by now.

Comment

Fortunately though wired controllers are hard to come by now.
                                  Fixd
                                  Currently playing in amazing 3D:

Fallout3, Mirror's Edge, HL2:Ep2, Braid, CoD4, Crysis WH.

Upcoming games I'm going to play:

FF7 PSOneEmulator, FarCry2, NWN2, BioShockPc, Finish Assassin's Creed,
                                  SW:Force Unleashed, Trine, The Witcher, Finish Doom3.

Comment

Nah, if I had the choice I'd still rather just use a wired.

Never needs fresh batteries or to be recharged, and wouldnt have to buy another component (wireless receiver). The cord doesnt bother me as I'm sitting right next to my PC.

Comment

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | Fractal Design Celsius S24 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite | 2 x 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 (14-14-14-34) B-Die | MSI 3080 VENTUS 3X OC 10G | Creative Sound Blaster Z | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | WD Black SN750 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Samusng 850 Evo 500GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | WD 640GB Black | Asus BW-12B1ST 12X Blu-ray Burner | Fractal Design Define R5 case | EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 PSU | Win 10 Pro | 4K w/Hisense 55" U8H Mini LED Quantum ULED 4K TV
                                      HT: Hisense 55" U8H Mini LED Quantum ULED 4K TV | Onkyo TX-SR605 A/V receiver | JBL EC35 center | 2 JBL E30's (fronts, bi-amped) | 2 JBL N24II's (rears) | Homemade Sonosub w/Dayton 12" driver (extension to 14Hz), BASH 300w amp | Panasonic DP-UB820 4K Blu-ray player | Toshiba HD-A2 HD DVD player | Xbox Series X
                                      Camera Gear: Nikon D7000 DSLR | Nikon 16-85mm F3.5-5.6 VR | Nikon 50mm F1.8 G | Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro | Slik Pro 700DX tripod legs with Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm ballhead

Comment

Thanks man. Yeah, I know I can find them online but I was really looking for a place I could trade my wireless controller for one.

I think I am going to opt for a wireless receiver now though. If I end up having to spend money might as well just do that.

Comment

Who the hell wants more wires behind their comp?
                                          WIRELESS FTW!

I have used the wireless reciever since it came out and havent had any problems with it. It would be a pain in the ass to switch to a wired controller.
                                          ”Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I’m not sure about the former.” - Albert Einstein

"I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world." - Richard Dawkins

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin

"I'll happily keep risking it and enjoy my life" - Doozer

Luke: "God will make sure that evil gets punished"
                                          Jason: "Oh yeah, then explain Europe to me?"
                                          - True Blood

Comment

On my case I could just plug it into the front USB port.

But whether it is wireless or not isnt the point here. I was trying to find a way to use my 360 controller on my PC without having to buy anything.

Comment

I find my wireless 360 controller is always wired now anyway. The battery pack is completely shot, so it needs to be plugged in at all times. Even then the rumble cuts out when it feels like it. There's nothing weirder than suddenly losing rumble in the middle of a firefight in Halo3.

Comment

Working...
                                              X