Top Spin 2 Career Mode sucks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Spin 2 Career Mode sucks!

This is one of my games that has been collecting for ages....decided to dig it out and go through a career.

I'm not a complete noob when it comes to tennis games but I'm not regular either. I found the career mode to be just too difficult and I have absolutely no inclination to ever play this game again except for an occaisional 2-player exhibition match.

The lessons were too expensive and some are really hard. The computer is way too difficult to beat given that you need to train so much to build up your attributes (which is hard to do because they cost so much...fail a training session and you have to buy it AGAIN).

For tennis regulars maybe it's an okay game but for anyone else...good luck.

Most disappointing tennis game I've ever played

VT3 is vastly superior. I play the demo over and over without getting tired. I wonder how VT2009 fares?

Comment

My friend have Top Spin 3 and we tried it for a while. It was hard even on the lowest difficulty. Never really got into it.
      Athlon II X4 635 2.9Ghz / HIS HD6850 1G DDR5 / Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H / G.Skill Ripjaws 4X2Gb DDR3 1666mhz
      Playstation 3 40G / Resistance 1 / Silent Hill: Homecoming / Dead Space

"Humans in general are very self-interested, while expecting all other humans around them to be selfless."
      "Sometimes, it is not about whatever you can do something or not. It is about, if you cannot do it, who else can?"
      "A difficult task might stop you from getting it done. But it cannot stop you from trying your best."
      "Who you hang out with is who you will become" "Do not act on feelings, but act on facts"
      "It does not matter how other people sees you. What matters is how you see yourself." "Some pains are sharp, but short. Some pains are dull, but long."
      "I killed you ten times with my knife and you killed me 13 times with a gun so I pwned you!" -Crawdaddy79
      "Gorgeous white girls everywhere with that "I'M SOOO HOT AND YOU CAN'T HAVE ME" bullsh** attitude" -gts007
      "If you wasn't in my way, I wouldn't have shot you" -Kamille Bidan, Zeta Gundam
      "It is easy to give up. Anyone can do it. But I choose the hard path." -Beyond
      "If women can't compete with video games for our attention its their problem, not ours." -sumpwa

Comment

Originally posted by CHIPS View Post
        My friend have Top Spin 3 and we tried it for a while. It was hard even on the lowest difficulty. Never really got into it.
        Haven't tried Top Spin 3 yet but after going through 2 for a couple hours I have no desire to try it.

I'm sure people who regularly play tennis games may not have a problem with it but casual players will just be turned off.

Comment

The first Top Spin was awesome. Since then, every tennis game on the 360 has sucked ass. Makes me mad too, because Top Spin got me into tennis.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
          Loose = The bolts are loose.
          There = She is there now.
          Their = They have their things.
          They're = They're going to the mall.
          To = They came to the house.
          Too = That's too bad.
          Two = 2.
          Your = Your dinner is ready.
          You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.

Comment

Had a go of 3 and found it hard to get the hang of, the controls were difficult and didn't like the fact that when on a multi game you could never swap sides which was slighty unfair for the guy playing at the top as it seemed much harder to place shots than someone playing at the bottom. Have still to give the career mode a go, might be better.

Comment

Originally posted by Raiasokura View Post
              Had a go of 3 and found it hard to get the hang of, the controls were difficult and didn't like the fact that when on a multi game you could never swap sides which was slighty unfair for the guy playing at the top as it seemed much harder to place shots than someone playing at the bottom. Have still to give the career mode a go, might be better.
              Good Point. I CAN'T STAND the fact that you're forced to play at the top...it makes the game stupid hard sometimes. I'm sure that if I had the option of only playing the bottom of the screen I could have won the majority of my matches

Comment

Top spin 3 is my fav because it is not an easy, arcadey game.

Top Spin 2 is ok but the career mode is a little ridiculous. I stopped playing after I won a few grand slams. Haven't been able to dominate in TS3 yet.

Virtua Tennis 3 is too arcadey but it looks quite nice.

Comment

Working...
                X