360 out sells PS3 on black friday 3:1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubCog View Post
    yeah, I guess they have some similarities.
    blu-ray is hi def? zomg.

Comment

Originally posted by nomore View Post
      thank you, but to be honest I feel like I am completely alone when I say a good thing about PS3.
      I read GameTrailers forums once in awhile, and I gotta tell that is not a friendly forum if you are a PS3 owner.
      I own them both and my PS3 is strictly a multimedia machine with ocasional gaming use while the 360 does the bulk of the gaming.

Comment

you're missing out on all the great console FPS games? sorry to hear it...
        Yes, I just can't do an FPS without a KB+M. I tried the demo for all the console FPS and I simply can't control it well enough.

Comment

Originally posted by acroig View Post
          Yes, I just can't do an FPS without a KB+M. I tried the demo for all the console FPS and I simply can't control it well enough.
          I've been waiting for fragfx v.2 to come out but I did actually try resistance with the controller and i think the crap controlls actually made it a little more enjoyable. There really wasnt a whole lot to the game so having to aim with two sticks while on the move and zigzaging and jumping to avoid fire while doing it was kind of fun, reminded me a lot of UT99 as far as the play style.

Comment

I own them both and my PS3 is strictly a multimedia machine with ocasional gaming use while the 360 does the bulk of the gaming.
            are you trying to say a good thing about PS3?
            Originally posted by John C Flett
            I'd swear the PC is the Dracula of gaming. Old and powerful, somebody is always trying to kill it, but it always comes back from the dead, strong as ever.
            Originally posted by H001iGAN
            no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC

Comment

Originally posted by nomore View Post
              are you trying to say a good thing about PS3?
              Yes, I am. Great BD/multimedia machine.

Comment

Originally posted by wc326 View Post
                17 million in 2 years for the ps3 , vs 25 million in 3 years for xbox360

my math is bad, but i think they are selling just as much as each other in terms of time and sale.

i am more interested about the game than how many were sold.:L
                so what? All that means is that the PS3 is consistently a year behind. 'not exactly a leadership role.
                Originally posted by KAC
                To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
                Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
                Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
                Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
                Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
                Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
                Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
                tnt2
                geforce2mx
                kyro 2
                radeon 8500
                radeon 9600
                radeon 9800pro
                radeon x800pro
                geforce 8800gtx
                radeon 6850
                radeon 280
                radeon 580
                radeon 6700xt

Comment

so what? All that means is that the PS3 is consistently a year behind. 'not exactly a leadership role.
                  of course, since its 1 year late on the release... and who said anything about leadership role haaaa
                  Last edited by wc326; Dec 4, 2008, 10:24 PM.
                  CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015

http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png

Comment

its a muscle-memory issue. It takes practice, but its very possible. Dozens of people around the world have become proficient and very comfortable with it.

One tip I might offer, should you choose to train yourself to play console fps: frequent short sessions are more effective than fewer long sessions. This is true of any muscle-memory training. Try playing halo1 for 15 minutes each day. You'll find that you'll become pretty proficient after a week, and you'll start to get pretty good after 2 weeks. Make a project out of it. It's easy, and it can be a rewarding experiment to help you understand your body a bit better.

If, on the other hand, you try to play right now for 3 hours, it'll be uncomfortable and kindof a miserable experience.

One other tip: If you train yourself to play console fps, do it with the default halo controls. You may find another control scheme initially more comfortable, and most pc gamers find that its easier for them to play southpaw with the y axis switched (its a weird phenomenon, somehow the controls are reversed when you go from your whole hand to just your thumb) but you can train your hands to play with any control scheme, and the default controls are the most universally offered.
                    Originally posted by KAC
                    To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
                    Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
                    Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
                    Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
                    Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
                    Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
                    Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
                    tnt2
                    geforce2mx
                    kyro 2
                    radeon 8500
                    radeon 9600
                    radeon 9800pro
                    radeon x800pro
                    geforce 8800gtx
                    radeon 6850
                    radeon 280
                    radeon 580
                    radeon 6700xt

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Bobbles View Post
                      I agree with this post except for Nintendo botching the N64. Yes, the carts were a drawback, but many of the best games of that generation were on the 64. Plus, it very nearly tied the PS1 in sales except for the very end.
                      I agree, I loved n64, still play it through emulators with better gfx and what not, I had a saturn and a psone as well back in that era, I was way more into console gaming and n64 was my fav of all three.

I was just speaking from a developer support outlook, they lost a lot of 3rd parties that they still haven't managed to get back, at least not the same way they had them during nes and snes
                      Main PC: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHZ l 16GB Corsair DDR3 RAM l nVidia GTX 1070 8GB / AMD 290X 4GB l 256GB SSD HD + 1TB 7200rpm
                      Laptop: Intel 4720HQ @ 2.6GHZ l 8GB RAM l nVidia 860M 2GB l 1TB HD 7200rpm l 1080p
                      Consoles: Playstation 4 500GB l Xbox One 500GB l Wii U 32GB l Vita w/ 16GB Card

Comment

Originally posted by FrAg Of FuRy View Post
                        I agree, I loved n64, still play it through emulators with better gfx and what not, I had a saturn and a psone as well back in that era, I was way more into console gaming and n64 was my fav of all three.

I was just speaking from a developer support outlook, they lost a lot of 3rd parties that they still haven't managed to get back, at least not the same way they had them during nes and snes
                        I was a PSX fan, but at least n64 had a damned Z-BUFFER!!

Comment

Working...
                        X