Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, how is GT5 Prologue nowadays? Worth it?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    So, how is GT5 Prologue nowadays? Worth it?

    I have already read reviews about the game, but they are all from launch, and I understand it has received a couple major patches. So the game might feel different these days.

    Does anyone have it (and play it)? Is it worth the purchase? I already have GRID for the PC, and Burnout Paradise on PS3. Would GT5 Prologue give me anything different and better?

    Mostly, does it really give you the feeling of driving a real car, is it fun, or should I pass it?

    My biggest concern is that, as I usually play a plethora of games, I am already sure I will NOT play GT5P full-time to master it. I am a couple months late on Lord of the Rings Online, I can hardly get my fix of Quake Wars late at night, I have yet to begin messing with the Little Big Planet level editor (which I really want to), I am currently in the middle of Dead Space, Devil May Cry 4, Crysis Warhead, The Witcher, Silent Hill Homecoming. Damn, I still have not even started playing my new Castlevania for the DS. There's much more.

    But GT5 Prologue caught my attention. And if it really really feels great to play, I will give it a try.

    Should I?

    ||my games:_www.mynightjobgame.com__www.chameleongame.com__www.minihuntgame.com
    || Witcher 3 ::: Unreal Engine 4
    || MSI Ge62 2QE ::: i7-4720 ::: 16GB DDR3 ::: GTX965m ::: Evo850 500GB ssd
    || ::: New 3DS cfw Luma :::
    ||____________________________________________________________________________________________

    #2
    did they impliment crash physics yet?
    Originally posted by KAC
    To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

    Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory


    Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
    Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
    Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
    Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
    Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
    Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
    Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

    riva tnt
    tnt2
    geforce2mx
    kyro 2
    radeon 8500
    radeon 9600
    radeon 9800pro
    radeon x800pro
    geforce 8800gtx
    radeon 6850
    radeon 280
    radeon 580
    radeon 6700xt

    Comment


      #3
      whats the difference between prologue and the full version?
      Is prologue just like half the full version but will be 3/4 the full version by the time the full version comes out (via patches) and you'd have to buy the full version to get the full experience?
      ------Squachbox 2022------
      Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 full size aluminum chassis
      Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750watt PSU
      AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
      Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
      2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
      BenQ Mobiuz EX2710S 27" FHD monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
      Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
      Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
      Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe
      HyperX Cloud Stinger wired headset

      Comment


        #4
        seems like you already have a ton on your plate
        All the joy the world contains has come through wishing happiness for others; All the misery the world contains has come through wanting pleasure for oneself.

        You are what you think and with your thoughts you make the world.

        God save me ... from your followers

        Originally posted by SubCog
        I readily acknowledge that modern PS3 exclusives look spectacular.

        Comment


          #5
          That's why it's a good idea to play one game at a time, two at most. Finish it, go to the next. Simple.
          [Good Old Games]
          • No DRM or Copy Protection
          • You buy it you keep it
          • Play the classics
          • Vista/XP Compatible

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by yoz View Post
            That's why it's a good idea to play one game at a time, two at most. Finish it, go to the next. Simple.
            I guess I have to start looking into age-preventing medicine then.

            ||my games:_www.mynightjobgame.com__www.chameleongame.com__www.minihuntgame.com
            || Witcher 3 ::: Unreal Engine 4
            || MSI Ge62 2QE ::: i7-4720 ::: 16GB DDR3 ::: GTX965m ::: Evo850 500GB ssd
            || ::: New 3DS cfw Luma :::
            ||____________________________________________________________________________________________

            Comment


              #7
              If you've liked the previous GTs then you'll like the prologue. But it's just too lacking in content to really get into it. Feels like you're playing an extended demo (which really is what it is) and does get stale after awhile. Online is fun though, if you can find some people that won't use your car to slow them down.

              They need to hurry up and release GT5 full. Two years on a new console for a proper GT is kind of lame.
              Perky McGiggles
              And he sayeth unto Perky, the numbers 2, 5, and/or 7 are an
              abomination and should never be used in an internet forum
              name, so sayeth the Lord.
              - Penguins 22, chapter 3, verse 8

              Comment


                #8
                Yeah I thought about it, maybe I'll get the full version when it is out. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a Twilight Princess i.e. only gets released with the next Playstation launch.

                Meanwhile I got Super Street Fighter II HD and I plan on getting Soldner-X, so I went the "smaller games" route...

                ||my games:_www.mynightjobgame.com__www.chameleongame.com__www.minihuntgame.com
                || Witcher 3 ::: Unreal Engine 4
                || MSI Ge62 2QE ::: i7-4720 ::: 16GB DDR3 ::: GTX965m ::: Evo850 500GB ssd
                || ::: New 3DS cfw Luma :::
                ||____________________________________________________________________________________________

                Comment


                  #9
                  The game is a glorified demo marketed as a game.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    It's a real shame that firstly the crash physics update seems to have gone to dust and secondly that the multiplayer side is so slow to link ppl and setup a game... and then end after just one race.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      the worst thing about the online for me3 is NO REPLAY AFTER THE RACE.
                      that just make the nice graphic and replay worthless
                      CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015



                      http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I think it's worth it.

                        As others have said it is a glorified demo, but for the price it's a good game with easily 15+ hours of game play on the single player alone.

                        Multiplayer can fun but it also can be a farce at times with the worse penalty system i've ever seen. For example, i got rammed off the track by someone, i got a 2 second penalty for the contact, then a 5 second penalty for hitting the barrier, and when i rejoined the track i got a 5 second penalty for cutting the corner.
                        P4 3ghz | asus P4P800 deluxe | 2 gb (400mhz) ram | asus x800xt pe AGP |
                        Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum pro | creative inspire t7900 7.1 speakers | nec 18" LCD | razor diamondback mouse |

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Brutos View Post
                          I think it's worth it.

                          As others have said it is a glorified demo, but for the price it's a good game with easily 15+ hours of game play on the single player alone.

                          Multiplayer can fun but it also can be a farce at times with the worse penalty system i've ever seen. For example, i got rammed off the track by someone, i got a 2 second penalty for the contact, then a 5 second penalty for hitting the barrier, and when i rejoined the track i got a 5 second penalty for cutting the corner.
                          That is lame indeed.

                          ||my games:_www.mynightjobgame.com__www.chameleongame.com__www.minihuntgame.com
                          || Witcher 3 ::: Unreal Engine 4
                          || MSI Ge62 2QE ::: i7-4720 ::: 16GB DDR3 ::: GTX965m ::: Evo850 500GB ssd
                          || ::: New 3DS cfw Luma :::
                          ||____________________________________________________________________________________________

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by gamekill View Post
                            I guess I have to start looking into age-preventing medicine then.

                            Playing one game a time won't take longer than playing 5 at a time. You're still spending the same amount of time playing, just without distracting yourself.
                            [Good Old Games]
                            • No DRM or Copy Protection
                            • You buy it you keep it
                            • Play the classics
                            • Vista/XP Compatible

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by yoz View Post
                              Playing one game a time won't take longer than playing 5 at a time. You're still spending the same amount of time playing, just without distracting yourself.
                              You got a point. But playing with a portable when away increases the playtime!

                              ||my games:_www.mynightjobgame.com__www.chameleongame.com__www.minihuntgame.com
                              || Witcher 3 ::: Unreal Engine 4
                              || MSI Ge62 2QE ::: i7-4720 ::: 16GB DDR3 ::: GTX965m ::: Evo850 500GB ssd
                              || ::: New 3DS cfw Luma :::
                              ||____________________________________________________________________________________________

                              Comment


                                #16
                                I feel your pain man, I only have a Wii and a PC and I have just too many games I want to play but cann't because of this stupid "only 24 hours in a day" rule, they need to patch that But God is a bit like EA, he released earth with all kinds of bugs, then did 1 patch, the one with the huge server crash, covering it up with some lame excuse story about evil people, rain and, some dude building an arc. And since that patch we keep finding new bugs but no patching, because God is to busy

                                uuhhm what was the topic again?
                                Feel the Heat Frying your brain

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Originally posted by The PyroPath View Post
                                  I feel your pain man, I only have a Wii and a PC and I have just too many games I want to play but cann't because of this stupid "only 24 hours in a day" rule, they need to patch that But God is a bit like EA, he released earth with all kinds of bugs, then did 1 patch, the one with the huge server crash, covering it up with some lame excuse story about evil people, rain and, some dude building an arc. And since that patch we keep finding new bugs but no patching, because God is to busy

                                  uuhhm what was the topic again?
                                  LOL yes the stupid 24 hour convention...
                                  Maybe someday we will be able to play games in minutes and still live the full experience of say a 30 hour RPG. I mean, something like cables plugged in our heads like in the Matrix I don't know.

                                  ||my games:_www.mynightjobgame.com__www.chameleongame.com__www.minihuntgame.com
                                  || Witcher 3 ::: Unreal Engine 4
                                  || MSI Ge62 2QE ::: i7-4720 ::: 16GB DDR3 ::: GTX965m ::: Evo850 500GB ssd
                                  || ::: New 3DS cfw Luma :::
                                  ||____________________________________________________________________________________________

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    Originally posted by The PyroPath View Post
                                    I feel your pain man, I only have a Wii and a PC and I have just too many games I want to play but cann't because of this stupid "only 24 hours in a day" rule, they need to patch that But God is a bit like EA, he released earth with all kinds of bugs, then did 1 patch, the one with the huge server crash, covering it up with some lame excuse story about evil people, rain and, some dude building an arc. And since that patch we keep finding new bugs but no patching, because God is to busy

                                    uuhhm what was the topic again?
                                    dude.....

                                    go outside more.

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Originally posted by chew View Post
                                      dude.....

                                      go outside more.
                                      Don't forget the PSP and the DS.

                                      ||my games:_www.mynightjobgame.com__www.chameleongame.com__www.minihuntgame.com
                                      || Witcher 3 ::: Unreal Engine 4
                                      || MSI Ge62 2QE ::: i7-4720 ::: 16GB DDR3 ::: GTX965m ::: Evo850 500GB ssd
                                      || ::: New 3DS cfw Luma :::
                                      ||____________________________________________________________________________________________

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Blockbuster has that **** used for $24.99...

                                        What an effing joke.

                                        Comment


                                          #21
                                          Isn't this GT 1 with inside car views?

                                          Comment


                                            #22
                                            Originally posted by GRimm862 View Post
                                            Isn't this GT 1 with inside car views?
                                            u mean GTr 1 on pc??
                                            and gt5 is getting a release date now, DEC 2009
                                            Last edited by wc326; Nov 30, 2008, 07:05 PM.
                                            CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015



                                            http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png

                                            Comment


                                              #23
                                              Originally posted by wc326 View Post
                                              u mean GTr 1 on pc??
                                              and gt5 is getting a release date now, DEC 2009
                                              No I mean the original GT on PS 1. Yeah this game is probably one of the least realistic racing games I have EVER played. Anyone who says otherwise is in hardcore denial and a sony fanboy.

                                              The game has NOT changed for dick. The physics engine is the same from the beginning of time. Like I've said before I can go around certain tracks on that game flat out in certain cars. The subaru wrx GT car is stupid. The game is just awful IMO. I've really never seen a game gloat so much about simulation yet be so stupidly unrealistic.

                                              And anything you say WC will not change my opinion so honestly don't even reply with your sony propaganda.

                                              Comment


                                                #24
                                                Originally posted by GRimm862 View Post
                                                No I mean the original GT on PS 1. Yeah this game is probably one of the least realistic racing games I have EVER played. Anyone who says otherwise is in hardcore denial and a sony fanboy.

                                                The game has NOT changed for dick. The physics engine is the same from the beginning of time. Like I've said before I can go around certain tracks on that game flat out in certain cars. The subaru wrx GT car is stupid. The game is just awful IMO. I've really never seen a game gloat so much about simulation yet be so stupidly unrealistic.

                                                And anything you say WC will not change my opinion so honestly don't even reply with your sony propaganda.
                                                o really?? do u even play gtr 1 gtr2 race 07 etc on pc??
                                                do u even play gt5 in pro mode with a steering wheel?
                                                just dont' say u must be sony fanboy, to those who dont' have the same feeling as u about this game.. period(so ign , gamespot, 1up all = sony fanboy in your book?)
                                                also, i dont' even want t o change your mind about this game, this is a ps3 game that has great graphic and good driving , and will be releasing next year 2009 christmas.
                                                i am getting it for sure. if u don't that doesn't matter to me

                                                i dont' want to say this ,but comparing gt1 to gt5 pro.?? is that a little too over the board ??
                                                Last edited by wc326; Nov 30, 2008, 07:32 PM.
                                                CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015



                                                http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png

                                                Comment


                                                  #25
                                                  Originally posted by wc326 View Post
                                                  o really?? do u even play gtr 1 gtr2 race 07 etc on pc??
                                                  do u even play gt5 in pro mode with a steering wheel?
                                                  just dont' say u must be sony fanboy, to those who dont' have the same feeling as u about this game.. period(so ign , gamespot, 1up all = sony fanboy in your book?)
                                                  also, i dont' even want t o change your mind about this game, this is a ps3 game that has great graphic and good driving , and will be releasing next year 2009 christmas.
                                                  i am getting it for sure. if u don't that doesn't matter to me
                                                  Yeah I've played them all bucko, with a wheel, with force feedback.

                                                  GT legends was one of the greatest.

                                                  GT series is a sad sad sad sad sad title in the REALISM racing genre.

                                                  Comment


                                                    #26
                                                    Originally posted by GRimm862 View Post
                                                    Yeah I've played them all bucko, with a wheel, with force feedback.

                                                    GT legends was one of the greatest.

                                                    GT series is a sad sad sad sad sad title in the REALISM racing genre.
                                                    gt legends was one of the greatest??? haha i like race 07 alot more. that doesn't mean i am a fanboy of race07, as simply as that i perfer one game more than the other. which by no mean must be a fanboy of somethign

                                                    and also playing simbin racing game online is not that easy, there arn't really enough people online.
                                                    the most is like 10-20-30 online at once. not to mention sometimes there will be none .
                                                    of course , pc simbin racing will still be th emost realistic one. but gt isn't really that bad to me
                                                    Last edited by wc326; Nov 30, 2008, 08:03 PM.
                                                    CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015



                                                    http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png

                                                    Comment


                                                      #27
                                                      Originally posted by wc326 View Post
                                                      gt legends was one of the greatest??? haha i like race 07 alot more. that doesn't mean i am a fanboy of race07, as simply as that i perfer one game more than the other. which by no mean must be a fanboy of somethign

                                                      and also playing simbin racing game online is not that easy, there arn't really enough people online.
                                                      the most is like 10-20-30 online at once. not to mention sometimes there will be none .
                                                      But how does that make GT5 a realism racer? I wouldnt say your a fanboy for that but to promote GT5 as the ultimate racing sim is extremely fanboy. Because It clearly ISNT. /thread.

                                                      Comment


                                                        #28
                                                        Originally posted by GRimm862 View Post
                                                        But how does that make GT5 a realism racer? I wouldnt say your a fanboy for that but to promote GT5 as the ultimate racing sim is extremely fanboy. Because It clearly ISNT. /thread.
                                                        of course pc simbin racing is still the best there is. ITS like when u are racing in race 07 , u feel like u are really racing in real life. Iam sure thats the right feeling. i love where u can drive the f3000 race car. the feeling is so intense.
                                                        u can race for 10 laps and still just right behind the guy infront of ya.
                                                        dont' get me wrong i LOVE simbin to death ahahaah ( i play it on 40Inch HDTV)

                                                        i had the most fun with simbin racing game than any other type of game released on pc , and console.
                                                        however, there isn't enough people who play this game, it might be too hard for alot of people.
                                                        coz 2 of my friend can't even make a full lap without crashing lol

                                                        i understand why u don't like gt5, but having the realistic car graphic, and good driving experience, if u aren't amazed by the driving , ther e is still somethign to wow about on the graphic department
                                                        Last edited by wc326; Nov 30, 2008, 08:18 PM.
                                                        CS:S Office Server IP: 66.151.138.37:27015



                                                        http://sc2sig.com/s/sea/91428-1.png

                                                        Comment


                                                          #29
                                                          Originally posted by wc326 View Post
                                                          of course pc simbin racing is still the best there is. ITS like when u are racing in race 07 , u feel like u are really racing in real life. Iam sure that it feel just right. i love where u can drive the f3000 race car. the feeling is so intense.
                                                          u can race for 10 laps and still just right behind the guy infront of ya.
                                                          dont' get me wrong i LOVE simbin to death ahahaah

                                                          i had the most fun with simbin racing game than any other type of game released in pc , and console.

                                                          i understand why u don't like gt5, but having the realistic car graphic, and good driving experience, if u aren't amazed by the driving , ther e is still somethign to wow about on the graphic department
                                                          No doubt, I'm not ragging on the graphics one bit they are great looking far better than the crap microsoft made Forza 2 into. Although that game to me felt quite realistic.

                                                          I just can't stand when people try and act like GT5 is the greatest racing sim on the market.

                                                          I was on Gametrailers, and the douchebags on there were like, well a pro race driver said he uses it to train and stuff so it has to be teh realistic choice for every parson duhhh.

                                                          If I was a pro race driver and some one offered me 5k in cash to say I use this to train than by all means I'd promote it all day long.

                                                          I just can't stand the stupid people.

                                                          Comment


                                                            #30
                                                            Same thing with the Toca series, Ultimate Driving SImulator is even in the title. I'm fine with arcade racers, but play a proper sim first before talking garbage like GT is a sim or something.
                                                            [Good Old Games]
                                                            • No DRM or Copy Protection
                                                            • You buy it you keep it
                                                            • Play the classics
                                                            • Vista/XP Compatible

                                                            Comment


                                                              #31
                                                              Originally posted by yoz View Post
                                                              Same thing with the Toca series, Ultimate Driving SImulator is even in the title. I'm fine with arcade racers, but play a proper sim first before talking garbage like GT is a sim or something.
                                                              Yeah, thats pretty much my problem I'm having here.

                                                              Comment

                                                              Working...
                                                              X