No announcement yet.

Official Thread: Coronavirus "COVID-19"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had some sweet and sour, Bat, I mean Cat no I mean chicken on Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by Nascar24 View Post
      I had some sweet and sour, Bat, I mean Cat no I mean chicken on Friday.
      All 3 for me please

Some people are in a panic over this....I need Chinese food...it's killing me lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy8s View Post
        I wanted to take my daughters out for Chinese food and they wouldn't because of this thing.

Get a grip world!
        The Internet Outrage Machine is having WAAAAYYYYY to much fun right about now

Comment

All 3 for me please

Some people are in a panic over this....I need Chinese food...it's killing me lol.
          lunch was firecracker shrimp & orange chicken at panda express

and I don't think I have ever seen any Asians ever working there

Comment

Coronavirus Death Toll Rises to 425; Total Cases Tops 20,400
            ok now it's bad it's on the weather channel

partly cloudy with a chance of Coronavirus

Comment

i keep getting plague inc in recommended vids on youtube. its starting to look like a cool game.
              Originally posted by KAC
              Gays if I had boyfriends your mums wouldn’t have produced your sorry asses.

Comment

Originally posted by bill dennison View Post

How is the firecracker shrimp? I’ve only had the honey shrimp with walnuts from there.
                Originally posted by Ozziebloke
                I mean, yeah, sure, there's benefits to a shaved asshole. But get a little sweaty and try and blow a fart. It just sits there like a bubble. No hair to break the seal. Feels weird.

Alpha
                | Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Comment

Originally posted by Cyko View Post
                  How is the firecracker shrimp? I’ve only had the honey shrimp with walnuts from there.
                  good

just a little hot but not too much it was the second time I had it

Comment

good

just a little hot but not too much it was the second time I had it
                    Was wondering about the heat. Thanks dude. Will give it a shot next time.
                    I mean, yeah, sure, there's benefits to a shaved asshole. But get a little sweaty and try and blow a fart. It just sits there like a bubble. No hair to break the seal. Feels weird.

Alpha
                    | Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Comment

Originally posted by bob saget View Post
                      i keep getting plague inc in recommended vids on youtube. its starting to look like a cool game.
                      I got it when it was first released. I should be concerned about how much fun it was

Comment

The shrimp sounds great, pass on the chicken though. We have a little hole in the wall joint called 8&8 near me - probably 100 health violations but the best food and family who owns it. Barely speak a word of english, but just nice and super helpful.

Comment

One of my Chinese suppliers told me yesterday they can't ship anything to me till end of February because their Chinese New Year holiday has been extended to Feb 10th, and the factory won't be opening till a week or so after that.

So this kind of sucks for my business
                          Originally posted by IamHere
                          You guys are closet communists.

Comment

Originally posted by Elysian View Post
                            One of my Chinese suppliers told me yesterday they can't ship anything to me till end of February because their Chinese New Year holiday has been extended to Feb 10th, and the factory won't be opening till a week or so after that.

That's lousy - no alternate suppliers that won't soak you for $$?

Comment

That's lousy - no alternate suppliers that won't soak you for $$?
                              There are "alternates" but the design is different so I'd have to change a lot more hardware in my guitar pickups, also more expensive.
                              Originally posted by IamHere
                              You guys are closet communists.

Comment

Wuhan to convert gymnasium, exhibition center into temporary hospitals

The Hongshan Gymnasium, Wuhan International Conference and Exhibition Center and a cultural building complex dubbed "Wuhan Livingroom" will be turned into hospitals with a total of 3,400 beds.

Oh wait sorry, that's the 1918 Spanish flu.

Quotes:

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus

Comment

I bought a chair from Amazon and it had a bad caster so I emailed the chair company and they said the same thing. Oh, the company is in China.

[yt]hqCVB0tOSVQ[/yt]
                                  I have nothing witty to say.

Comment

There are "alternates" but the design is different so I'd have to change a lot more hardware in my guitar pickups, also more expensive.
                                    Gotcha - hope you get back up to speed quickly.

Comment

Uber suspends hundreds of accounts after coronavirus patient takes rides in Mexico
                                      A Chinese man who tested positive for the coronavirus had used Uber on a recent trip to Mexico, prompting the company to suspend hundreds of other riders’ accounts to contain the spread of the epidemic.

The man flew Jan. 20 from Los Angeles to Mexico City, where he took Uber rides on at least two occasions, BBC reported.

He then began suffering symptoms on the evening of Jan. 21 and the next day took an Uber back to the airport, the report said. The man flew back to the US, where he was diagnosed with the coronavirus.

Comment

Wuhan coronavirus: ‘My uncle died, my father is critically ill’

interview.
                                        Quotes:

Comment

If you're coming from China, mandatory quarantine for two weeks min. People that like ****ing retard are going to spread this **** everywhere. Thanks again China. Nice of you to finally ban the sale of bats and other live animals along side raw meat. It's like a 1st and 3rd world country at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Greasy View Post
                                            It's like a 1st and 3rd world country at the same time.

That's definitely what their economy looks like, though. Rural parts can be as third world as almost anywhere - primarily subsistence agriculture with minimal access to utilities and such.... then you get major cities with incredibly wealth and access to amenities and, dare I say, capitalistic excess.

Not so surprised about the temporary hospitals - I don't think the capability to properly test everyone with symptoms exists, so they've gotta treat every case of the flu as a quarantine risk. These setups look about the same as impromptu field hospitals and evacuation shelters elsewhere. Hopefully temporary is the priority and that they don't have to be used for a long term because there's better accommodations for the sick, better testing for the virus, or just fewer incoming patients.
                                            Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
                                            Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
                                            HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

Tencent may have accidentally leaked real data on Wuhan virus deaths

Tencent briefly lists 154,023 infections and 24,589 deaths from Wuhan coronavirus
                                              Quotes:

Comment

The first doctor to try and report the outbreak was going to be tossed in jail for creating public unrest but he had quarantined himself due to being so sick. So the Chinese police went after his family. Nice.
                                                “Are you at all concerned, as Trump said, that we cannot let the cure be worse than the problem itself?” Haines asked.

Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”

Comment

Originally posted by Shapeshifter View Post
                                                  https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3871594

Tencent may have accidentally leaked real data on Wuhan virus deaths
                                                  If I'm reading that article correctly, that was back where there were 269 confirmed recovered from the virus. Now it's like what, 1000 recovered (officially)? So how many REALLY have died? If it was almost 25k then...

EDIT: Worth a note that in the article it states the chinese governement are reporting more recovered than actually have and obviously far less dead than really died. This would make the actual mortality rate of this virus astronomically high.
                                                  Last edited by xCLAVEx; Feb 5, 2020, 08:40 AM.
                                                  "Ok to lose to opponent, must not lose to fear!"
                                                  ~Mr. Myagi.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
                                                  ~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".

Comment

Originally posted by Athena View Post
                                                    The first doctor to try and report the outbreak was going to be tossed in jail for creating public unrest but he had quarantined himself due to being so sick. So the Chinese police went after his family. Nice.
                                                    Something needs to be done about China.
                                                    "I'll admit it. I did try and **** her, she was married."
                                                    "I moved on her like a bitch. I couldn't get there and she was married."
                                                    "I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
                                                    "Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
                                                    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
                                                    "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)

Comment

Originally posted by shrike126 View Post
                                                      Like what? What can anybody do to the second largest economy in the world?
                                                      ~Mr. Myagi.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
                                                      ~George Carlin

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".

Comment

"Official" number counter (not sure if posted before).

~Mr. Myagi.

~George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Greasy View Post
                                                          If you're coming from China, mandatory quarantine for two weeks min.
                                                          I go a step further. If you've visited China within the last 2 weeks - mandatory quarantine.

We've gone too long without doing that. There was some dipshit lady who had the coronavirus eating and shopping right across the street from my gym.

People = stupid so into quarantine you dipshits go.

Alpha

Omega

Comment

Originally posted by xCLAVEx View Post
                                                            Like what? What can anybody do to the second largest economy in the world?
                                                            I don't disagree. It's a big challenge. But all my thoughts get into the political topics so let's just say that leaving China unaddressed gives us stuff like this. Disinformation on a topic that could have serious global health impacts.
                                                            "I'll admit it. I did try and **** her, she was married."
                                                            "I moved on her like a bitch. I couldn't get there and she was married."
                                                            "I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
                                                            "Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
                                                            "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
                                                            "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)

Comment

I don't disagree. It's a big challenge. But all my thoughts get into the political topics so let's just say that leaving China unaddressed gives us stuff like this. Disinformation on a topic that could have serious global health impacts.
                                                              well all the big tech companies need to get the hell out of china .

as this is going to keep happening again and again in china

can't have people needing to fly in and out of plague central daily to keep the world tech running

if they are going to act like this they need to be much more isolated

Comment

well all the big tech companies need to get the hell out of china .

as this is going to keep happening again and again in china

can't have people needing to fly in and out of plague central daily to keep the world tech running

if they are going to act like this they need to be much more isolated
                                                                Some are closing (temporarily) in China due to this virus.

Coronavirus Forces Hyundai, Others to Shut Down Korea and China Factories

Hyundai has temporarily shut down production at its three South Korea factories because it can't get necessary parts from China due to coronavirus-related shutdowns there.

China production from several auto companies, from BMW to Toyota, has been suspended as measures to contain the coronavirus continue to grow.
                                                                Nobody knows how long the shutdowns will last or what the impact will be on supplies of vehicles for U.S. buyers.

Automakers and suppliers have shut down dozens of Chinese factories as the government attempts to contain the deadly coronavirus that has sickened thousands and killed hundreds.

The latest is Hyundai, which decided on Tuesday to shut down its three South Korea plants due to shortages of a wiring harness that was no longer available from a supplier in China, according to Korean broadcaster Arirang. Kia, the Financial Times reported today, is not affected yet. Hyundai's Ulsan plant is the largest in the world, with an annual capacity of up to 1.6 million vehicles. These production shutdowns have already affected production of the new Palisade because of a lack of parts, Automotive News Europe reported.

BMW, Daimler, Ford, Honda, Nissan, Renault, Tesla, Toyota, and the Volkswagen Group have all suspended or halted production in China over the past week. Suppliers including Bosch are doing the same.

The shutdown isn't exactly voluntary. Every foreign automaker and parts supplier must establish a 50/50 joint venture with a Chinese company—the majority of which are state sponsored or at least heavily connected to China's government—in order to do business in China. The employee shutdown currently affects most workers in China across various occupations, as various provinces have decided to extend the Chinese New Year holiday—which ordinarily would have ended on January 29—to as long as February 9, according to Reuters. Some companies, among them Honda, are idling their plants for longer.

Bloomberg has noted the shutdowns may in fact be a necessary market correction against an oversupply of China-built cars. But the end result may be two-faced: If the shutdown lasts for several more weeks, automakers may pay dearly for these production losses if dropping inventories squeeze new-vehicle sales. Automakers like Volvo are also relying more exclusively on Chinese parts, such as spare tires, that may hurt production in other factories outside China.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a3...ory-shutdowns/
                                                                Car prices are about to skyrocket for awhile for any of those manufacturers that are shutting down production. How long is anybodies guess.
                                                                ~Mr. Myagi.

~George Carlin

Comment

CDC just confirmed first person Wuhan case in WI, person is of course note under quarantine but home. They do not risk to WI public is low. Thanks for that I feel so much better now. lol
                                                                  “Are you at all concerned, as Trump said, that we cannot let the cure be worse than the problem itself?” Haines asked.

Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”

Comment

I really hate the way Chinese people treat animals, it really pisses me off...

Comment

Well it doesn't look like it's as bad as it could have been. Unless China is fudging the numbers. Still not a nice flu at all, hopefully it's contained for a few more months.

Comment

Coronavirus Live Updates: Americans Arrive Evacuees Home; China Clamps Down on Coverage

In the early days of the new coronavirus, the Chinese public’s frustrations over the how the Communist government was handling the problem were left largely uncensored online, and news outlets reported rigorously on the outbreak.

Those days may now be over.

There is a new crackdown on the media and on the internet, and it signals an effort to control the narrative about a crisis that has become a once-in-a-generation challenge for leaders in Beijing.

Nearly 500 people in China have died from the virus, health officials said on Wednesday, and thousands more are being infected every day, fueling fears that the virus’s spread is not being adequately controlled.

In the early days of the crisis, online vitriol was directed largely at the local authorities, said King-wa Fu, an associate professor at the Journalism and Media Studies Center at the University of Hong Kong.

But now, he said, more of the anger is being aimed at higher-level leadership — and there seems to be more of it over all. So the Chinese government has shifted its strategy for information control.

State-run news media and more commercially minded outlets have lately been told to focus on positive stories about virus relief efforts, according to three people at Chinese news organizations who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal directives.

And internet platforms have removed several articles that suggest shortcomings in the Chinese government’s response or are otherwise negative about the outbreak. Local officials have also cracked down on what they call online “rumors” about the virus.
                                                                        thanks google

…………………..

Coronavirus infections in mainland China again rose sharply, with 3,887 additional cases and 65 new deaths reported on Tuesday alone, authorities said Wednesday morning. China’s total confirmed cases now top 24,000, more than 3,000 of them critical.
                                                                        Last edited by bill dennison; Feb 5, 2020, 12:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nutcrackr View Post
                                                                          Well it doesn't look like it's as bad as it could have been. Unless China is fudging the numbers. Still not a nice flu at all, hopefully it's contained for a few more months.

<As early as Jan. 26, netizens were reporting that Tencent, on its webpage titled "Epidemic Situation Tracker" was briefly showing data on the novel coronavirus (2019nCoV) in China that was much higher than official estimates, before suddenly switching to lower numbers. Taiwanese netizen Hiroki Lo that day reported that Tencent and NetEase were both posting "unmodified statistics," before switching to official numbers in short order.

On late Saturday evening (Feb. 1), the Tencent webpage showed confirmed cases of the Wuhan virus in China as standing at 154,023, 10 times the official figure at the time. It listed the number of suspected cases as 79,808, four times the official figure.

The number of cured cases was only 269, well below the official number that day of 300. Most ominously, the death toll listed was 24,589, vastly higher than the 300 officially listed that day.
                                                                          A hobbiest foundry and forge in progress, plans, suppliers, showcasing ideas

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire

Comment

This doesn't surprise me. when they started punishing doctors for speaking out you know they're hiding something. People already suspect think they're fudging the numbers.
                                                                            Lenovo x61t - Display : 12.1 (Multi-Touch) - CPU : Intel Lv7700 @1.8ghz - Graphics : Intel GMA X3100 graphics - Chipset : Intel 965 Express - Communication : Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
                                                                            10/100/1000 Ethernet - RAM : G.skill ddr2 800 4gb - Storage : G.Skill 64 SSD(SLC) - Battery : 8cell

Current Desktop [2016]
                                                                            Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 860Pro 512GB/ 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w

Comment

[yt]RX9r5ORKdp0[/yt]

Doctor who sounded the alarm died from the illness
                                                                              "In the year 2004, ATi fans marveled in their own magnificence as ATi gave birth to catalyst A.I . We don't know who struck first, nVidia or us, but it is us who scorched the IQ forever"
                                                                              R.I.P Vasi, 2002-2011
                                                                              R.I.P Muha, 2010-2021

Comment

Saved the Chinese government the work of doing him in them selves. Unless they did him in and are blaming the virus. So sad.

Comment

RIP Li Wenliang. He was only 34.

I had the flu last week and it sucked. I can't imagine the pain he must have went through. Getting sick to the point of death while Being attacked by his own government and fearing for the well being of his family because he tried to act responsibly and save lives. That is truly depressing to see.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X