Official Thread: Coronavirus "COVID-19"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by globalist View Post
    No I don't realize that it's magnitudes higher. I know some deaths happen to be outside the healthcare system and maybe some inside it go undiagnosed as well, but I trust once you are dying in a hospital on a ventilator you have got the test done already .

What I do realize is many healhcare system deaths are being filed under covid even with co-morbidities that were a significant contributor. Meaning these people were likely to die sooner rather than later. Especially in the elderly which happen to be a vast majority of cases.

In any case worrying about a 5% mortality rate based on the current number of positively tested is unfounded. I hope we can at least agree on that.
    Not everyone's on the same page. For example Russia has really low coronavirus cases being reported. But their pneumonia rates are skyrocketing. I'm sure this is unrelated.

Russia, which has a population of 144 million, has reported just 199 coronavirus cases and some doctors have questioned how far the official data reflects reality, given what they say is the patchy nature and quality of testing.

A sharp spike in pneumonia cases in Moscow, Russia’s biggest transport hub and a city with a population of around 13 million, has further raised doubts.

“I have a feeling they (the authorities) are lying to us,” said Anastasia Vasilyeva, head of Russia’s Doctor’s Alliance trade union.

The government says its statistics are accurate however, and President Vladimir Putin has complained that Russia is being targeted by fake news to sow panic.

The number of cases of pneumonia, which can be caused by coronavirus, increased by 37 percent in Moscow year-on-year in January
    , according to Rosstat, Russia’s statistics agency.

The data showed that the Russian capital, which has 98 confirmed cases of coronavirus, recorded 6,921 pneumonia cases in January, up from 5,058 the previous year. Nationwide pneumonia cases also spiked by over 3 percent year-on-year.

Source: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-c...-idUSKBN216305
    This data is over a week old though so who knows what the current picture is.
    "I'll admit it. I did try and **** her, she was married."
    "I moved on her like a bitch. I couldn't get there and she was married."
    "I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
    "Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
    "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
    "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)

Comment

Bill Gates is funding new factories for 7 potential coronavirus vaccines, even though it will waste billions of dollars

microsoft coronavirus vaccine

wonder if it will require monthly updates

Comment

Originally posted by bill dennison View Post
        https://www.businessinsider.com/bill...navirus-2020-4

microsoft coronavirus vaccine

wonder if it will require monthly updates
        The full context makes it look a bit more understandable.

In a Washington Post op-ed article published earlier this week, Gates said some of the top candidates required unique equipment.

"It'll be a few billion dollars we'll waste on manufacturing for the constructs that don't get picked because something else is better," Gates said in the clip. "But a few billion in this, the situation we're in, where there's trillions of dollars ... being lost economically, it is worth it."

The Gates Foundation "can get that bootstrapped and get it going and save months, because every month counts," he added.
        That and obligatory "Oh no a philanthropist is spending lots of money to help during a crisis oh no!"

Comment

If I was a multi-billionaire, that's what I'd do with the money.
          “The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” – Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Munkus View Post
            If I was a multi-billionaire, that's what I'd do with the money.
            It's great he's doing something good with his money. It's weird to think his net worth is such that he could lose $50 BILLION dollars and it wouldn't impact his life in any way.
            "I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."

~Donald J. Trump
            "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
            "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)

Comment

I think bill gates is brilliant, he seems genuine in his efforts, always liked him. he earned his fortunes, you dont hear of trump spending his millions towards research
              my ageing rig-

i5 4690, Gainward GTX970 Phantom, 16gb ram, Gigabyte Z97X UDH3 mobo

Comment

Originally posted by ATI FURY-OUS View Post
                I think bill gates is brilliant, he seems genuine in his efforts, always liked him. he earned his fortunes, you dont hear of trump spending his millions towards research
                Of all the multi-billionaires, he's definitely my favorite. He seems to have genuinely done good with his wealth. If every billionaire was like this, and not a bag of cocks like the Koch brothers or the Adelsons, the world would be a much better place.

~Donald J. Trump

Comment

Bill Gates is the cool guy now. What a time to be alive!
                  Asus Tuf Gaming x570-Plus
                  Ryzen 3700X<---> 16GB DDR4
                  MSI GTX 980ti Gaming 6G <---> BenQ 32" LED PD3200Q (2560x1440)
                  TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt <---> KRK Rokit 5's

Comment

well it better than being steve jobs

Comment

Let's see soros drop some cash to help old Bill out with this instead of paying protestors.

Yes P/R I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Greasy View Post
                        Let's see soros drop some cash to help old Bill out with this instead of paying protestors.
                        No, according to alt-right and right-wing conspiracy theorists, Soros was busy funding the lab in Wuhan that actually created the pandemic.

Source: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/soros-wuhan-lab/

****ing idiots.

Yes P/R I know.
                        Fair enough

~Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by shrike126 View Post
                          Of all the multi-billionaires, he's definitely my favorite. He seems to have genuinely done good with his wealth. If every billionaire was like this, and not a bag of cocks like the Koch brothers or the Adelsons, the world would be a much better place.
                          Originally posted by bill dennison View Post
                          well it better than being steve jobs
                          He’s doing better than I would with all that money. Knowing there’d be people out there sh*tting all over the donation... like has been done in here... I’d tell the human race to go fk itself - make the vaccine for me & mine - then ride it out in my bunker.
                          Originally posted by Ozziebloke
                          I mean, yeah, sure, there's benefits to a shaved asshole. But get a little sweaty and try and blow a fart. It just sits there like a bubble. No hair to break the seal. Feels weird.

Alpha
                          | Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Comment

So this is a bit concerning:

Preliminary research suggests that commonly used procedures frequently fail to detect the virus.

Preliminary research suggests that commonly used procedures frequently fail to detect the virus.

Comment

Yes P/R I know.
                              Glad to know tinfoil paper is well stocked up!

Comment

That's not good. The only way we can go back to work will be if we can confidently test everyone. Otherwise, the curve will just start trending back up again

Comment

Wow France had a bad day. 1120 deaths, highest so far.

...Until you count USA today with 1314 (so far)

The numbers in some of the main countries are looking pretty dire.

Comment

No I don't realize that it's magnitudes higher. I know some deaths happen to be outside the healthcare system and maybe some inside it go undiagnosed as well, but I trust once you are dying in a hospital on a ventilator you have got the test done already .

What I do realize is many healhcare system deaths are being filed under covid even with co-morbidities that were a significant contributor. Meaning these people were likely to die sooner rather than later. Especially in the elderly which happen to be a vast majority of cases.

In any case worrying about a 5&#37; mortality rate based on the current number of positively tested is unfounded. I hope we can at least agree on that.
                                    People a week in a half ago, when the US's death rate was at 1.28%, thought it would go down from there with all the testing going on.. it is climbing.. it is now at 2.4%. You are not being realistic if you don't believe that there are percentage wise just as many deaths not being counted as those that have the virus. We also are just guessing, as there is no real way to fully prove just how many do have the virus and we are not counting.

Every death rate is tied to healthcare. We have thousands of senseless deaths each year just because people don't have access to healthcare or we don't have treatment for it. We do not subtract those deaths from the death rate of what killed them just because of lack of healthcare or treatment. Yes, the death rate will go down over time, and in some cases that can take years (look at HIV, the death rate climbed for 10 years before a break thru was made.). Even the Flu before vaccinations, the death rate was much higher.
                                    Last edited by NWR_Midnight; Apr 3, 2020, 05:06 PM.
                                    I speak my mind! if you can't handle that, you might want to leave, because **** is going to get real!!

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
                                    ~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
                                    ~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
                                    ~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
                                    ~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
                                    ~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!

Comment

Originally posted by nutcrackr View Post

I am to the point I don't even trust the CDC. (I know that isn't where you are getting your numbers) It seems the CDC is watering down the numbers, as what they have for totals today is what all other counters had before they posted yesterday's numbers. And the CDC cuts off totals for the day at 4pm.
                                      I speak my mind! if you can't handle that, you might want to leave, because **** is going to get real!!

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
                                      ~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
                                      ~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
                                      ~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
                                      ~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
                                      ~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!

Comment

Originally posted by nutcrackr View Post

I dont know what we are doing in Canada that so far is working so well but we have 20&#37; per capita of the rate of both infections and deaths that the US has. We are maybe just lucky... I wouldnt count on the infection rate as being precise as we test so few but the death rate is near certain.
                                        I talked to the tree. Thats why they put me away!..." Peter Sellers, The Goon Show
                                        Only superficial people cant be superficial... Oscar Wilde

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 22.7.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
                                        "Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
                                        "The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.plasma-universe.com/pseudoskepticism/

Comment

Originally posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
                                          I am to the point I don't even trust the CDC. (I know that isn't where you are getting your numbers) It seems the CDC is watering down the numbers, as what they have for totals today is what all other counters had before they posted yesterday's numbers. And the CDC cuts off totals for the day at 4pm.
                                          I'm in the same boat. I was glued to their website two months ago. Then I realized they're horrible. I don't think it's watering down the numbers so much as it is incompetence. I know of six people who have had COVID-19 symptoms and all of them were tested and are waiting for results at 20, 12, and 10 days respectively. If numbers were to be purposefully watered down, they would come back negative when they're really positive. Or maybe they're just so incompetent they can't even water the numbers down properly.

Comment

Ars has another good writeup and it seems like our testing abilities have stalled out and not at a level that should let us open up our economy even after the death/infection rates start to drop.

Comment

20 days for results? Damn, they'll be done with the mess by then if they don't have any major complications.

Comment

20 days for results? Damn, they'll be done with the mess by then if they don't have any major complications.
                                                The 20 days people (now at 21) have been recovered for over a week except lingering shortness of breath for the wife (lung scarring/still healing likely).

I hope I can take the antibody test when it's available. I was convinced I had a light case in late February when a bunch of people from my work came back from abroad and my coworker who sits next to me was out for a week with an "upper respiratory infection". He wasn't eligible for a COVID test.

Reading some of the anecdotes of people who are hit hard by the virus is sobering.

Comment

Originally posted by dodger View Post
                                                  https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...a-big-problem/

Ars has another good writeup and it seems like our testing abilities have stalled out and not at a level that should let us open up our economy even after the death/infection rates start to drop.
                                                  Have they hit a temporary maximum? 110k tests for 30-40k positives is not really enough to reduce community transmission. WHO recommends about 10% or less positives. So they'd need to step up to about 300-400k tests per day.

Comment

Way to go Georgia! Re-open the beaches despite a stay at home order!

Gov. Brian Kemp reopened all of Georgia’s beaches this week, even as he issued a “shelter-in-place” order to combat the coronavirus.

The order was signed on Thursday and went into effect on Friday. One of the main provisions was to suspend “any local ordinance or order adopted or issued since March 1, 2020,” particularly with regard to any such orders that were related to coronavirus.

Many of those local ordinances were put in place by towns to close the beaches in an effort to combat the spread of the coronavirus.

In a statement to local news station WJCL, Josh Hildebrandt, director of public and governmental affairs, said that, yes, the beaches are now open.

"The Governor’s Executive Order suspends the enforcement of any local ordinance or order adopted or issued since March 1, 2020 that relates to COVID-19," Hildebrandt said. "This Executive Order thus lifted any local ordinances or orders that had closed or restricted access to Georgia beaches."

The measure appears to encourage exercise in an effort to make isolation and social distancing more tolerable.

However, the decision is potentially damaging to the many popular vacation destinations, such as Tybee Island and Glynn County, which could see more activity now that their closures have been reversed.

GEORGIA GOVERNOR SAYS HE ONLY JUST LEARNED CORONAVIRUS CARRIERS CAN BE ASYMPTOMATIC

“We’re not prepared to open the beaches. We’re not prepared, we don’t have the resources needed to implement to make sure that people are standing 6 feet apart," Tybee Island Mayor Shirley Sessions said in a statement.

“The governor’s office did reach out and let us know that they would be able to provide Georgia State patrol, DNR [Department of Natural Resources] patrols, anything that would be needed to help control the crowds.”

“I contacted the DNR Commissioner early this AM to understand the matter,” state Rep. Jesse Petrea said in a Facebook post. “He explained that it would allow exercise on the beach by individuals/family groups but NO congregating."

“Moreover, he explained that Rangers were to be patrolling the beach to enforce strict social distancing.”

As of Saturday afternoon, Georgia had 6,160 confirmed cases of coronavirus, with 201 deaths.

Gov. Brian Kemp reopened all of Georgia’s beaches this week, even as he issued a “shelter-in-place” order to combat the coronavirus.
                                                    "Ok to lose to opponent, must not lose to fear!"
                                                    ~Mr. Myagi.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
                                                    ~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".

Comment

Originally posted by xCLAVEx View Post
                                                      Way to go Georgia! Re-open the beaches despite a stay at home order!
                                                      well, in kemp's defense it really isnt much of a stay-at-home order anyway
                                                      Originally posted by JohnEJohn
                                                      It's at least worth a try man, I initially thought wtf to trying it a few years ago and once it entered my mouth it was honestly one of the best things I had ever tasted.

Originally posted by Nunz
                                                      Does it really matter that much to you? Holy ****. It's almost like some of you want to argue about the most mundane, irrelevant, insensible **** just to argue about something.

Comment

Had a Facebook post from an idiot on my feed say, "you can only get a virus if it's injected into your blood with a needle. Social media needs to go.

Its basically idiots telling other idiots what to think.

Comment

Had a Facebook post from an idiot on my feed say, "you can only get a virus if it's injected into your blood with a needle. Social media needs to go.

Its basically idiots telling other idiots what to think.
                                                          I have given up on people (twitter, fb etc), the stupidity is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
                                                            I have given up on people (twitter, fb etc), the stupidity is beyond me.
                                                            Or the level of ignorance. Some people have one, like in "numero uno" source of news and that is all they rely upon. Like Faux News … I'm not a vindictive person … not in the slightest … mostly because it doesn't help to be.

But with Fox News I'm making a pragmatic exception.

Because the level of HS they are spreading are obvious even for someone not living in the USA.
                                                            Day 7 without brandy and coke and I'm starting to lose hearing in my left eye.

Comment

I was reading a local(south eastern Michigan, I'm way more north actually)story to my girlfriend a little while ago and she paused me. Then asked for the name again...

The story is from my GF's attorney.

The mother of 24-year-old Ben Hirschmann – who died from COVID-19 – wrote an emotion letter about the healthcare system amid the COVID-19 crisis.
                                                              Last edited by Tyr-Sog; Apr 5, 2020, 11:22 AM.
                                                              Justin

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5 G1 - nVidia Gigabyte RTX 3070 OC - Samsung EVO 850 SSD - Intel I5 6600K - crucial 16GB DDR4 - Intel 240ssd5 & WD 1TB 7200rpm - corsair 750ps - HP OMEN 27i -
                                                              - corsair spec alpha carbide series case - corsair K70 Rapidfire RGB MX keyboard - Logitech G502 - Sennheiser G4ME One Headset

MSI GE62 Apache Pro Gaming Laptop - nVidia 970m - Intel I7 5700 - 16GB DDR3 - 128ssd & 1TB 7200rpm

XBone - TyrSog76
                                                              PSN - - Tyr-Sog_
                                                              Steam - Tyr-Sog

Comment

Originally posted by Tyr-Sog View Post
                                                                I was reading a local(south eastern Michigan, I'm way more north actually)story to my girlfriend a little while ago and she paused me. Then asked for the name again...

https://www.wxyz.com/news/coronaviru...otional-letter
                                                                I'm starting to see a pattern of many of these supposedly "healthy" young victims being actually quite obese. Is obesity considered healthy in the U.S./western world?
                                                                Last edited by globalist; Apr 5, 2020, 11:49 AM.

Comment

This is a good video series worth following and some encouraging news in this one:

[yt]c1aoULlMpn0[/yt]
                                                                  I talked to the tree. Thats why they put me away!..." Peter Sellers, The Goon Show
                                                                  Only superficial people cant be superficial... Oscar Wilde

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 22.7.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
                                                                  "Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
                                                                  "The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.plasma-universe.com/pseudoskepticism/

Comment

I'm starting to see a pattern of many of these supposedly "healthy" young victims being actually quite obese. Is obesity considered healthy in the U.S./western world?
                                                                    Watch news casts in the States, search my state and news, most outlets have youtube channels.

Then, watch the regular people behind the story.

I watched a story about a robbery at a Walmart in Texas.
                                                                    EVERY SINGLE PERSON they talked to and that was in frame
                                                                    would be considered obese, some morbidly.

The standard is very different.

Comment

UK PM admitted to the hospital for more "tests"

He's had it for 10 days apparently, so I can't imagine what sort of tests they need to do.

so code for his condition is getting worse.
                                                                      Quotes:

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus

Comment

Originally posted by Tyr-Sog View Post

https://www.wxyz.com/news/coronaviru...otional-letter
                                                                        While I feel for her, if I saw my kid getting worse I’d say hell with this and take them to the ER. I don’t care what the doc says, you feel that sick you go in.
                                                                        Originally posted by Ozziebloke
                                                                        I mean, yeah, sure, there's benefits to a shaved asshole. But get a little sweaty and try and blow a fart. It just sits there like a bubble. No hair to break the seal. Feels weird.

Alpha
                                                                        | Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Comment

They'll CT his lungs for starters, see how bad it is in there.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGoa View Post
                                                                            Watch news casts in the States, search my state and news, most outlets have youtube channels.

Then, watch the regular people behind the story.

I watched a story about a robbery at a Walmart in Texas.
                                                                            EVERY SINGLE PERSON they talked to and that was in frame
                                                                            would be considered obese, some morbidly.

The standard is very different.

Yeah, because everyone is shoving the "love yourself and be who you are" bullshit down our throats so fatties feel like it's ok to just accept it.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
                                                                            Loose = The bolts are loose.
                                                                            There = She is there now.
                                                                            Their = They have their things.
                                                                            They're = They're going to the mall.
                                                                            To = They came to the house.
                                                                            Too = That's too bad.
                                                                            Two = 2.
                                                                            Your = Your dinner is ready.
                                                                            You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.

Comment

Ventilators may be damaging lungs in COVID patients, potentially killing them differently.

The largest study so far to look at mortality among coronavirus patients on ventilators was done by the Intensive Care National Audit & Research Centre in London. It found that among 98 ventilated patients in the U.K., just 33 were discharged alive.

...

"We treat patients for several days, and then we get the antibiotics into the body and the patient recovers," she says. "Unfortunately with this COVID-associated pneumonia, there are no treatments that we know work for sure."

Also, the coronavirus often does a lot more damage to a person's lungs than pneumonia associated with the flu. "There is fluid and other toxic chemicals, cytokines we call them, raging throughout the lung tissue," she says.

Ventilators can be lifesaving for some critically ill patients, but they're no panacea. The experience so far with COVID-19 is that the majority of patients put on ventilators don't survive.

Comment

It's not killing them differently, it's just not saving them as reliably. The article says that the additional tissue damage to the lungs the virus causes makes it more difficult to adequately oxygenate the person through the lungs, requiring more dangerous ventilator settings (higher pressure/oxygenation levels) to be used.

The ventilator isn't killing them, because if these riskier settings weren't used, they would have just suffocated, the problem is that their respiratory system is so damaged that the treatment required to keep them alive is harsher on the lungs.

I wonder if artificial lungs or other blood oxygenation devices have been used for treatment of COVID-19. I assume their availability is much more limited than ventilators, but perhaps a combination of supplementary blood oxygenation and then a ventilator on a lower setting would lessen the potential damage while still keeping the blood oxygenated enough to survive.
                                                                                Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
                                                                                Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
                                                                                HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

[yt]pmwahIHUv_s[/yt]

Asking criminals to wait and be a criminal after the virus...lmao

This mayor wins the dumbest ever award...
                                                                                  "Ok to lose to opponent, must not lose to fear!"
                                                                                  ~Mr. Myagi.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
                                                                                  ~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X