Official Thread: Coronavirus "COVID-19"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SirBaron View Post
    Unless she has underlying health conditions even though she smokes she's 99% going to survive it anyway.
    A 1% chance of dying in the next two weeks is scary.

Comment

I stumbled on an interesting discussion elsewhere:

Are polititians and leaders doing enough to not get themselves infected? I'm not seeing any masks, respirators, or social distancing in the Congress/Senate, or during Trump's press conferences (where one of the journalists has already been tested positive). And it's not just the US.

Does it not occur to anyone many of these older people could easily be knocked out for weeks (or eventually dead) by the virus, leaving the congress disfunctional or the country leaderless?
      Asus Tuf Gaming x570-Plus
      Ryzen 3700X<---> 16GB DDR4
      MSI GTX 980ti Gaming 6G <---> BenQ 32" LED PD3200Q (2560x1440)
      TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt <---> KRK Rokit 5's

Comment

Originally posted by globalist View Post

Are polititians and leaders doing enough to not get themselves infected? I'm not seeing any masks, respirators, or social distancing in the Congress/Senate, or during Trump's press conferences (where one of the journalists has already been tested positive). And it's not just the US.

Does it not occur to anyone many of these older people could easily be knocked out for weeks (or eventually dead) by the virus, leaving the congress disfunctional or the country leaderless?
        They're not and it's a problem.
        "I'll admit it. I did try and **** her, she was married."
        "I moved on her like a bitch. I couldn't get there and she was married."
        "I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
        "Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
        "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
        "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)

Comment

Rand Paul tested positive, and in the time it took him to get his results, he was all over the place - in the Senate, playing golf or something... And he defends his actions. I don't know if he's quarantined himself now or not, but for a doctor to not follow basic health provisions is beyond idiotic.
          "And if I only could, Make a deal with God, And get him to swap our places..." - Placebo, "Running Up That Hill"

RIP, Hannibal. RIP, Shadow. RIP, Mitchell. RIP, Annie. RIP, Jones.

Comment

Somebody has got two strains of covid-19

Comment

nature's term limits
              Last edited by bill dennison; Mar 24, 2020, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wazman View Post
                Rand Paul tested positive, and in the time it took him to get his results, he was all over the place - in the Senate, playing golf or something... And he defends his actions. I don't know if he's quarantined himself now or not, but for a doctor to not follow basic health provisions is beyond idiotic.
                Indeed!

Comment

You know, as an eastern european who sort of remembers communism, I always looked up to the western countries. But what I'm seeing there right now - the false sense of invincibility exhibited by so many people - is really scary.

Comment

I think it's likely that US cases will exceed Italy and China in ~ 4 days. I don't think this would bode well for the Dow Jones on Monday (or all of next week). Dorito will be angry as hell and tell infected to get back to work before teh GDP looks bad.

But, perhaps fortunately, the measures enacted by Governors will probably start to play a role late next week. So US may go for dramatic number of case increases to a big reduction because of testing catch-up and lockdown measures.

Comment

Shelter in place for Austin starting tonight and until April 13th. At least we are trying to do something here I guess.

Comment

I'm seeing there right now - the false sense of invincibility exhibited by so many people - is really scary.
                        It's not an Eastern or Western thing, it's a people thing. And people are stupid. There will ALWAYS (without exception) be idiots that think they are invincible or that the rules don't apply to them and will thus cause problems in society.
                        "Ok to lose to opponent, must not lose to fear!"
                        ~Mr. Myagi.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
                        ~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".

Comment

Originally posted by Arioch View Post
                          Shelter in place for Austin starting tonight and until April 13th. At least we are trying to do something here I guess.
                          We have a shelter in place for Houston, but it has no teeth to it. Basically all jobs can be considered essential (Microcenter for example and Best Buy are essential businesses lol). The better question here is, which businesses are not considered essential?

I expect the roads to have quite a few cars on it tomorrow morning as usual, maybe with slightly fewer than normal.
                          "Ok to lose to opponent, must not lose to fear!"
                          ~Mr. Myagi.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
                          ~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".

Comment

Driving to and from work right now is glorious. Just a few cars here and there.

Comment

Since the 3 leading candidates for POTUS this year are all approaching 70, there's actually a possible scenario that could happen where all 3 of them die before the election.
                              Originally posted by KAC
                              To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
                              Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
                              Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
                              Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
                              Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
                              Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
                              Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
                              tnt2
                              geforce2mx
                              kyro 2
                              radeon 8500
                              radeon 9600
                              radeon 9800pro
                              radeon x800pro
                              geforce 8800gtx
                              radeon 6850
                              radeon 280
                              radeon 580
                              radeon 6700xt

Comment

Microsoft Warns of Zero-Day Remote Code Execution Bugs Being Exploited in the Wild
                                Microsoft says "threat is low" for Windows 10
                                While Microsoft has categorized the "Type 1 Font Parsing Remote Code Execution Vulnerability" as critical, it has also added a note in the advisory that the threat is low for systems running Windows 10 "due to mitigations that were put in place with the first version released in 2015."
                                As an increasing number of people have been pushed to work from home, the possibility of attacks has also increased. Until Microsoft issues a fix, it is strongly advised not to download or open unknown documents or take additional steps to verify the source. It is unlikely that the company will deliver a fix for unsupported operating systems like Windows 7. However, given the current health situation, Microsoft did say it is putting optional Windows 10 updates on a pause to focus more on security. We will update this space as soon as the patches go live.
                                Microsoft Warns That Two Windows Remote Code Execution Zero-Day Bugs Are Being Exploited in the Wild, Impacting Windows 7 and Windows 10

Comment

Originally posted by xCLAVEx View Post
                                  We have a shelter in place for Houston, but it has no teeth to it. Basically all jobs can be considered essential (Microcenter for example and Best Buy are essential businesses lol). The better question here is, which businesses are not considered essential?

I expect the roads to have quite a few cars on it tomorrow morning as usual, maybe with slightly fewer than normal.
                                  We now have a stay in place order from the Government in Washington. All businesses except those classified as essential have to be closed by 5:30pm Wednesday night.

But, same problem: Lots of Businesses are being classified as essential, when they really shouldn't be. Also, In Spokane, the police are refusing to enforce the stay in place order. So I expect the National Guard to be in the streets next week if not sooner if things blow up.
                                  Last edited by NWR_Midnight; Mar 24, 2020, 09:05 PM.
                                  I speak my mind! if you can't handle that, you might want to leave, because **** is going to get real!!

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
                                  ~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
                                  ~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
                                  ~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
                                  ~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
                                  ~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!

Comment

all Best Buy stores are closed inside from the story i saw

just online order and delivery and curbside pickup

Comment

Originally posted by xCLAVEx View Post
                                      It's not an Eastern or Western thing, it's a people thing. And people are stupid. There will ALWAYS (without exception) be idiots that think they are invincible or that the rules don't apply to them and will thus cause problems in society.
                                      No, Globalist is right here. There is a difference between societies. Modern Asian democracies act quite differently compared to Western democracies where people become increasingly irresponsible.

Middle-aged and older people in Eastern-Europe remember what is state authority. You either follow it or fight it but you never take it lightly.

Comment

Us Georgians ain't closing ****!

Yee-Haw!
                                        Originally posted by JohnEJohn
                                        It's at least worth a try man, I initially thought wtf to trying it a few years ago and once it entered my mouth it was honestly one of the best things I had ever tasted.

Originally posted by Nunz
                                        Does it really matter that much to you? Holy ****. It's almost like some of you want to argue about the most mundane, irrelevant, insensible **** just to argue about something.

Comment

Originally posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
                                          We now have a stay in place order from the Government in Washington. All businesses except those classified as essential have to be closed by 5:30pm Wednesday night.

But, same problem: Lots of Businesses are being classified as essential, when they really shouldn't be. Also, In Spokane, the police are refusing to enforce the stay in place order. So I expect the National Guard to be in the streets next week if not sooner if things blow up.
                                          Yeah, like ****ing GameStop and JustBorn (Peeps).

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
                                          Loose = The bolts are loose.
                                          There = She is there now.
                                          Their = They have their things.
                                          They're = They're going to the mall.
                                          To = They came to the house.
                                          Too = That's too bad.
                                          Two = 2.
                                          Your = Your dinner is ready.
                                          You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.

Comment

some take it seriously

Comment

Originally posted by MaxSt View Post
                                              some take it seriously
                                              Well somebody has to run the planet when the US and other western countries collapse.
                                              “The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” – Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by wabbitslayer View Post
                                                Us Georgians ain't closing ****!

Yee-Haw!
                                                Well bars and ....... ????

Comment

Originally posted by Munkus View Post
                                                  Well somebody has to run the planet when the US and other western countries collapse.

On the flip side though, imagine the discontent in the US if you get photo ops of all of our elected officials with high quality masks, etc, while the common man can't so much as get toilet paper. Riots?

There is a role to be played in "being all in this together." That said, they should probably suspend in-person briefings with the press and do it via conference call, etc, to set an example.
                                                  A hobbiest foundry and forge in progress, plans, suppliers, showcasing ideas

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire

Comment

Originally posted by koralis View Post
                                                    On the flip side though, imagine the discontent in the US if you get photo ops of all of our elected officials with high quality masks, etc, while the common man can't so much as get toilet paper. Riots?

There is a role to be played in "being all in this together." That said, they should probably suspend in-person briefings with the press and do it via conference call, etc, to set an example.
                                                    The TP situation is a matter of the fact that most people are retarded and it's a miracle they are alive and has no bearing on prevention. Also, elected officials should have masks. They have to maintain their health to run the country.

Comment

Originally posted by Canesfan2020 View Post
                                                      The TP situation is a matter of the fact that most people are retarded and it's a miracle they are alive and has no bearing on prevention. Also, elected officials should have masks. They have to maintain their health to run the country.

Neither of what has any bearing on the optics of elected officials being "better than the rest of us." They simply shouldn't be in those sorts of situations where our elected officials demand we not be in either.
                                                      A hobbiest foundry and forge in progress, plans, suppliers, showcasing ideas

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire

Comment

Originally posted by koralis View Post
                                                        Neither of what has any bearing on the optics of elected officials being "better than the rest of us." They simply shouldn't be in those sorts of situations where our elected officials demand we not be in either.
                                                        I guess I disagree. I fully expect and hope that if the president and his staff wore protective equipment, that it's the best we can possibly offer. Why would they not?

Not wearing anything at all? Yeah, that's a problem. Having better PPE than me? That's not a problem. He's the ****ing president.

i9 9900KF/Corsair H100i
                                                        Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master
                                                        EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra
                                                        32GB G.Skill DDR3 3200
                                                        Corsair HX1000W
                                                        Corsair 600T Silver Edition
                                                        Corsair Nightsword Mouse/Logitech G15 Keyboard
                                                        LG CX 48"

i5 3570k/OEM Cooler
                                                        Asus Sabretooth Z77
                                                        Asus ROG 1080Ti Strix
                                                        16GB G.Skill DDR3 2600
                                                        Corsair CX750M
                                                        Lian Li Lancool II Mesh
                                                        Logtech G703 Mouse/Logitech G915 Keyboard

Comment

Good news, Yaz's Doc believes she just contracted a bacterial infection after a bad cold mixed with her horrendous seasonal allergies. Picked up some meds and we'll see.

She diagnosed all this from a Skype chat, so there's that.

Regardless, we're back to the position that we didn't contract the virus and staying put like before.

I would love to go to a drive-through testing facility though, not lying.

Comment

Originally posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
                                                            Good news, Yaz's Doc believes she just contracted a bacterial infection after a bad cold mixed with her horrendous seasonal allergies. Picked up some meds and we'll see.

She diagnosed all this from a Skype chat, so there's that.

Regardless, we're back to the position that we didn't contract the virus and staying put like before.

I would love to go to a drive-through testing facility though, not lying.
                                                            Great news!

I wonder if these drive-thru testing facilities also serve food?

"Yes, I'd like a coronavirus test please"

"Would you like fries with that?"
                                                            “The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” – Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Munkus View Post
                                                              Great news!

I wonder if these drive-thru testing facilities also serve food?

"Yes, I'd like a coronavirus test please"

"Would you like fries with that?"
                                                              , yes please!

Comment

Originally posted by bill dennison
                                                                it's a problem with these genius elected leaders a lot of them supported and allowed moving all this essential manufacturing to China and other places in the past

we should not have a mask and PPE shortage .

we have one now because china and south korea and those other places are all wearing masks 24/7 and keeping them for themselves

they are all replaceable .
                                                                and most of them should be
                                                                Even still, the asian countries tend to wear masks all the time even without a pandemic like now. No one freaks out for wearing a mask there. Its just a normal occurance.

In North America everyone freaks out and goes into panic mode if they see someone wearing a mask.....
                                                                ------Squachbox 2022------
                                                                Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 full size aluminum chassis
                                                                Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750watt PSU
                                                                AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
                                                                Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                                                2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
                                                                BenQ Mobiuz EX2710S 27" FHD monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
                                                                Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
                                                                Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
                                                                Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe
                                                                HyperX Cloud Stinger wired headset

Comment

it's a problem with these genius elected leaders a lot of them supported and allowed moving all this essential manufacturing to China and other places in the past

we have one now because china and south korea and those other places are all wearing masks 24/7 and keeping them for themselves

And if the replacements get infected/die because they are not protecting themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquach View Post
                                                                    Even still, the asian countries tend to wear masks all the time even without a pandemic like now. No one freaks out for wearing a mask there. Its just a normal occurance.

In North America everyone freaks out and goes into panic mode if they see someone wearing a mask.....

not if we didn't have a shortage .

an elected official wearing mask is taking one from a health care worker that are having to reuse them and wash disposable masks

i see people all the time wearing masks and no one freaks out

and it may come to that here everyone wearing masks a lot more

Comment

Originally posted by bill dennison View Post
                                                                      not if we didn't have a shortage .

an elected official wearing mask is taking one from a health care worker that are having to reuse them and wash disposable masks
                                                                      Agreed, front line personnel need them more than gen population.

Comment

Originally posted by acroig View Post
                                                                        Agreed, front line personnel need them more than gen population.

and all these elected officials have been busy telling the gen population these masks do no good for them for 3 weeks
                                                                        (not that anyone believes them )

if they start wearing masks now it will make more people want them more make them harder to get to health care workers and be political suicide

Comment

Yeah, so are the McDonald's employees. The difference is one of these things is easier and less time consuming than the other and the fallout while we wait will be a bit different too.

Comment

Yeah, so are the McDonald's employees. The difference is one of these things is easier and less time consuming than the other and the fallout while we wait will be a bit different too.
                                                                            Tell that to Rand Paul who may have infected the entire Senate:

Sen. Rand Paul in an op-ed on Tuesday urged folks to stop “finger-wagging” at him for not self-quarantining while awaiting his coronavirus test results. “I did not quarantine whil…

Comment

Originally posted by acroig View Post
                                                                              Tell that to Rand Paul who may have infected the entire Senate:

Sen. Rand Paul in an op-ed on Tuesday urged folks to stop “finger-wagging” at him for not self-quarantining while awaiting his coronavirus test results. “I did not quarantine whil…

But he never exhibited symptoms, nor was he in contact “with anyone that health officials recommended quarantining or testing.”

Actually it is lucky he even got tested.
                                                                              “Are you at all concerned, as Trump said, that we cannot let the cure be worse than the problem itself?” Haines asked.

Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”

Comment

well to stand up there and not show panic is why they get 174k a year and a ferrari health care and pension plan

and all they can steal, insider trade and so on and on

Comment

Originally posted by bill dennison View Post
                                                                                  well to stand up there and not show panic is why they get 174k a year and a ferrari health care and pension plan

and all they can steal, insider trade and so on and on
                                                                                  And kill people in hit-and-runs. That too.
                                                                                  Originally posted by KAC
                                                                                  To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
                                                                                  Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
                                                                                  Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
                                                                                  Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
                                                                                  Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
                                                                                  Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
                                                                                  Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
                                                                                  tnt2
                                                                                  geforce2mx
                                                                                  kyro 2
                                                                                  radeon 8500
                                                                                  radeon 9600
                                                                                  radeon 9800pro
                                                                                  radeon x800pro
                                                                                  geforce 8800gtx
                                                                                  radeon 6850
                                                                                  radeon 280
                                                                                  radeon 580
                                                                                  radeon 6700xt

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X