Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over-action and panic in 3...2...
    -Trunks0
    not speaking for all and if I am wrong I never said it.
    (plz note that is meant as a joke)

System:
    Asus TUF Gaming X570-Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800x - Noctua NH-D15S chromax.Black - 32gb of G.Skill Trident Z NEO - Asus DRW-24F1ST DVD±RW - Samsung 850 Evo 250Gib - 4TiB Seagate - PowerColor RedDevil Radeon RX 7900XTX - Creative AE-5 Plus - Windows 10 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by Shapeshifter View Post
      I guess some doctors are abandoning ship over it.

Doctor sounds virus alarm, says kids shouldn’t go to school

He resigned Feb 14th according to his patients.

This is the letter he had left for them in his office from earlier in the month.

Well, that's damned fatalistic. "Bad things exist in the world, so become a hermit and prepare to die anyway." Or is this a location that already has infected? Story didn't really say.
      A hobbiest foundry and forge in progress, plans, suppliers, showcasing ideas

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire

Comment

does anyone really think dr li wenliang death was from the virus

most likely a bullet or he was allowed to die with no medical treatments

Comment

Its not the virus I am worried about - it's the dumb ass general population that will overreact to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
            Its not the virus I am worried about - it's the dumb ass general population that will overreact to this.
            single masks selling for 40+ bucks on ebay
            https://www.ebay.com/itm/N95-Mask-3M...eWGJw&LH_BIN=1
            i think they are already overreacting

going to be funny watching these nuts trying to sell unused masks is a month or three when it's over

now my 91 year old father is flying to casper wyoming to see his brother today

and i am a little worried about him being on flying incubator

Comment

Originally posted by bill dennison View Post
              does anyone really think dr li wenliang death was from the virus

most likely a bullet or he was allowed to die with no medical treatments
              Or, the most likely and plausible scenario is that he was in constant daily contact with the virus, for extended periods of time, was burning the candle at both ends to keep up with the needs of the patients, and despite all the protective gear he might've been using, it eventually overwhelmed his body's capacity to contend with what was happening.
              "I'll admit it. I did try and **** her, she was married."
              "I moved on her like a bitch. I couldn't get there and she was married."
              "I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
              "Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
              "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
              "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)

Comment

Originally posted by shrike126 View Post
                Or, the most likely and plausible scenario is that he was in constant daily contact with the virus, for extended periods of time, was burning the candle at both ends to keep up with the needs of the patients, and despite all the protective gear he might've been using, it eventually overwhelmed his body's capacity to contend with what was happening.
                whistleblowers in china don't have a long life expectancy

Comment

can someone explain if the masks don't work for the general public
                  and will do no good for a wearer

then why they do in work a environment with a much higher virus density

"We need to make sure those N95 masks are available for the doctors and nurses that are going to be taking care of individuals that have this illness,"
                  https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/29/healt...rnd/index.html

if they don't work doctors and nurses should not need then either

sorry i just don't get the logic of blowing smoke up everyone ass

i had 3 boxes of n95 and 3 paint masks and one good for light asbestos work before all this started that i use for work in the shop or attics and work for dust

and did not buy more but this crap is going to hurt constitution workers

i feel sorry for drywallers and insulators for the coming months

and i think most n95's are made in china

Comment

Scenes like this in many supermarkets around the globe now (this is austria?)

lots of photos of pasta sections gutted and sold out.
                    Quotes:

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus

Comment

Originally posted by bill dennison View Post
                      can someone explain if the masks don't work for the general public
                      and will do no good for a wearer

then why they do in work a environment with a much higher virus density

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/29/healt...rnd/index.html

if they don't work doctors and nurses should not need then either

sorry i just don't get the logic of blowing smoke up everyone ass

i had 3 boxes of n95 and 3 paint masks and one good for light asbestos work before all this started that i use for work in the shop or attics and work for dust

and did not buy more but this crap is going to hurt constitution workers

i feel sorry for drywallers and insulators for the coming months

and i think most n95's are made in china
                      Ive got 4 boxes of those plus a pair of cartridge masks with refills, should do some gouging

Comment

Scenes like this in many supermarkets around the globe now (this is austria?)

lots of photos of pasta sections gutted and sold out.

what is that 10 pounds of candy bars

was just at fry's foods same as always for phoenix for a normal day

not near as bad as senior discount day

first Wednesday of every month seniors get 10% off and it's a madhouse of slow motion feeding frenzy

Comment

In a week or two you'll have quite a few more people stocking up on food.

Preppers are excited.

Comment

Originally posted by nutcrackr View Post
                            In a week or two you'll have quite a few more people stocking up on food.

Preppers are excited.
                            mre companies just want to sell off old stock and are chatting it up

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/a...23467b48e9ecf6

china has near 50% recovered and deaths are slowing

if iran italy can lock it down soon

and washington state where someone took it to a nursing home

it hopefully will slow more soon

Comment

Secretary of Health: With 6,000 teams nationwide equipped to visit individual homes tomorrow and eradicate #Corona
                              https://twitter.com/isna_farsi/statu...45042241064963

Not sure what Iran means here. I guess they'll come and test and lock people up in their homes? Cases could jump in Iran soon.

Comment

Not sure what Iran means here. I guess they'll come and test and lock people up in their homes? Cases could jump in Iran soon.
                                That sounds pretty ominous...

Comment

Yes..."lock them up"...that's what "eradicate" means in Iranian
                                  Originally posted by Ozziebloke
                                  I mean, yeah, sure, there's benefits to a shaved asshole. But get a little sweaty and try and blow a fart. It just sits there like a bubble. No hair to break the seal. Feels weird.

Alpha
                                  | Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Comment

Originally posted by Cyko View Post
                                    Yes..."lock them up"...that's what "eradicate" means in Iranian
                                    That was google translate. I don't speak Iranian. Maybe it was "cleanse" or "euthanize"

Comment

That was google translate. I don't speak Iranian. Maybe it was "cleanse" or "euthanize"
                                      or

Comment

Damn, looks like we have two cases of it here in Florida now in the Tampa area.
                                        Blah!

屁をひつて尻窄め "Breaking wind, closing buttocks" - Japanese Proverb

www.angelman.org
                                        www.cureangelman.org

Comment

Well, if there's a silver lining to all of this...
                                          https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/01/world...scn/index.html

(CNN)Satellite images released by NASA and the European Space Agency reveal that air pollution over China has gone down since the coronavirus outbreak.

Comment

Well, time to stock up on some retroviral drugs. And condoms.

Comment

I've been checking out Dr. John Cambell's Youtube channel for his daily updates. His updates are short and straight to the medical data.

No sensationalist nonsense, just the facts.

[yt]5rOTz9duXwo[/yt]
                                              Last edited by AllexxisF1; Mar 2, 2020, 07:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy8s View Post
                                                Well, if there's a silver lining to all of this...
                                                https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/01/world...scn/index.html
                                                ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

/Greta

But seriously, If this virus is of resident evil proportions, i think the whole lockdowns and prepereations are valid...but this is like a stronger flu....i think its getting blown way out of proportion due to paranoia.

The whole thing seems ridiculous to me....How many people have actually recovered from this? No one is mentioning that.....
                                                ------Squachbox 2022------
                                                Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 full size aluminum chassis
                                                Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750watt PSU
                                                AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
                                                Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                                2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
                                                BenQ Mobiuz EX2710S 27" FHD monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
                                                Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
                                                Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
                                                Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe
                                                HyperX Cloud Stinger wired headset

Comment

It's a concern because the regular flu can kill you, even if you're young strong and healthy with a normal immune system.

https://people.com/health/bodybuilde...flu-diagnosis/

It's how the body reacts to the virus. Sometimes it overreacts, which is what kills you.

A stronger version of this, aka SARS/Coronavirus, etc... is gonna have a higher mortality rate. This isn't something mild like the chicken pox, being young and healthy isn't a guarantee it's something you can just "get over" if you do get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasquach View Post
                                                    The whole thing seems ridiculous to me....How many people have actually recovered from this? No one is mentioning that.....
                                                    From what we understand so far if 100 people get infected with the virus, 80 of them will contract mild symptoms, i.e. mild cold, feeling sick for a week or so.

The concern is about the percentage of people who will end up requiring ICU medical care. So the number to pay close attention to is the remaining 20 people out of that hundred who are having difficulty with the virus that requires hospital ICU levels of care. Which means possibly being put on a respirator and all the care that entails.

***Corrected with today's data*** So let's say out of the 20 who are getting hammered with the disease, *8 individuals need to be on the respirator. That's *8% percent of infected individuals needing ICU care. That's a lot of people, and currently the percentage we are seeing in Italy.

So the next percentage that matters is the RO number which determines the infectibility of the disease. From what the W.H.O. is able to gather it looks to be around 2-3, i.e. one person infects 3. The seasonal flu is 1.7. So this virus is more transmissible than the flu, and with 13% requiring ICU care, it's potentially more lethal.

Because what it all comes down to is how many beds are available for that 13%. *If beds fill up, it's going to be challenging for hospitals to deliver care.

That's why COVID-19 can be dangerous and it requires folks to pay attention and prepare.

Imagine what this virus will do in places like Africa, that don't have the healthcare that 13 % require. The biggest danger for us in the U.S. is the lack of testing packages for front line Doctors. The virus is here and in major cities, yet they have no way of testing for it. Without proper tests, they can't sound the alarm which puts a bunch of emergency procedures into action. Here's Dr. McCarthy , an infectious disease physician in NY, talking about it on CNBC this morning. THE DUDE is pissed and a tad freaked out.

[yt]0Wg_OTTzUv8[/yt]
                                                    Last edited by AllexxisF1; Mar 2, 2020, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AllexxisF1 View Post
                                                      From what we understand so far if 100 people get infected with the virus, 80 of them will contract mild symptoms, i.e. mild cold, feeling sick for a week or so.

The concern is about the percentage of people who will end up requiring ICU medical care. So the number to pay close attention to is the remaining 20 people out of that hundred who are having difficulty with the virus that requires hospital ICU levels of care. Which means possibly being put on a respirator and all the care that entails.

So let's say out of the 20 who are getting hammered with the disease, 13 individuals need to be on the respirator. That's 13% percent of infected individuals needing ICU care. That's a lot of people, and currently the percentage we are seeing in Italy.

So the next percentage that matters is the RO number which determines the infectibility of the disease. From what the W.H.O. is able to gather it looks to be around 2-3, i.e. one person infects 3. The seasonal flu is 1.7. So this virus is more transmissible than the flu, and with 13% requiring ICU care, it's potentially more lethal.

Because what it all comes down to is how many beds are available for that 13%. *If beds fill up, it's going to be challenging for hospitals to deliver care.

That's why COVID-19 can be dangerous and it requires folks to pay attention and prepare.

Imagine what this virus will do in places like Africa, that don't have the healthcare that 13 % require. The biggest danger for us in the U.S. is the lack of testing packages for front line Doctors. The virus is here and in major cities, yet they have no way of testing for it. Without proper tests, they can't sound the alarm which puts a bunch of emergency procedures into action. Here's Dr. McCarthy , an infectious disease physician in NY, talking about it on CNBC this morning. THE DUDE is pissed and a tad freaked out.

[yt]0Wg_OTTzUv8[/yt]
                                                      Thanks for saving me all the typing. This is a very dangerous virus. But all the hysteria is still pointless. Start washing your hands is the best thing you can do. The rest is all hyped up nonsense. I was at Costco for my normal weekend run this weekend and the general public has totally lost it. The place was a mess. It is scary how easy everyone panics.

Comment

Fear > Facts < Skepticism

Comment

Originally posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
                                                          Thanks for saving me all the typing. This is a very dangerous virus. But all the hysteria is still pointless. Start washing your hands is the best thing you can do. The rest is all hyped up nonsense. I was at Costco for my normal weekend run this weekend and the general public has totally lost it. The place was a mess. It is scary how easy everyone panics.
                                                          Hmm.. interesting.. I was at Costco Saturday here in Spokane Washington. Nobody was freaking out, it was an ordinary day at Costco, just as it has been for years. In fact it wasn't as bad as most end of the month/first of the month trips.

Maybe the people in your area have always been hysterical, and high anxiety, and the virus has just made you aware of it. We will be sure to keep an eye out for you guys in the news when the zombie apocalypse happens. Or Maybe we will see your home town in the 3rd installment of "Zombie Land".

Humor aside, this is dangerous because of how long it takes to develop symptoms, and how quickly death can happen afterwards. By the time someone comes down with the symptoms, and tests positive, 100's can be infected from just that one person because they never knew they where infected until it's to late.
                                                          I speak my mind! if you can't handle that, you might want to leave, because **** is going to get real!!

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
                                                          ~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
                                                          ~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
                                                          ~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
                                                          ~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
                                                          ~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!

Comment

The woman in San Antonio who was quarantined and then released went to the mall for 2 hours before being re-quarantined...
                                                            Originally posted by IamHere
                                                            You guys are closet communists.

Comment

The panic will always be worse than the disease itself.
                                                              probably not if people YOU care about die...

Comment

Originally posted by Vanz_007 View Post
                                                                probably not if people YOU care about die...

Comment

Originally posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
                                                                  Hmm.. interesting.. I was at Costco Saturday here in Spokane Washington. Nobody was freaking out, it was an ordinary day at Costco, just as it has been for years. In fact it wasn't as bad as most end of the month/first of the month trips.

Maybe the people in your area have always been hysterical, and high anxiety, and the virus has just made you aware of it. We will be sure to keep an eye out for you guys in the news when the zombie apocalypse happens. Or Maybe we will see your home town in the 3rd installment of "Zombie Land".

Humor aside, this is dangerous because of how long it takes to develop symptoms, and how quickly death can happen afterwards. By the time someone comes down with the symptoms, and tests positive, 100's can be infected from just that one person because they never knew they where infected until it's to late.
                                                                  Went to Costco in NJ last Friday evening. It was the emptiest I've ever seen the place. I was shocked given how every trip to that Costco during the day on the weekends always felt like a mad house. But this was almost pleasant.
                                                                  "I'll admit it. I did try and **** her, she was married."
                                                                  "I moved on her like a bitch. I couldn't get there and she was married."
                                                                  "I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything."
                                                                  "Grab them by the pussy."

~Donald J. Trump
                                                                  "Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe, is that so far none of it has tried to contact us." ~ Calvin & Hobbes
                                                                  "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." ~ John F. Kennedy (1962)

Comment

The Costco in Kirkland WA had a line around the warehouse.

At some point when we start to see clusters of community infections, that will change.

Remember Fellas, the window to purchase the things you need is wide open, but every day that goes by it's closing.

Be smart and pick up some sensible foodstuffs while you can.

Today's update from Dr. Cambell.

[yt]M4FLqWw0CbQ[/yt]
                                                                    Last edited by AllexxisF1; Mar 2, 2020, 10:07 AM.

Comment

all of new york has only done 32 tests...

BC the other day was pointing out they have done more tests then the whole of the USA.

US is going to be up there with China and Iran in the fact you can't trust their numbers.

China and Iran lying to save face, the US just don't bothering to test anyone to get better numbers.
                                                                      Quotes:

Comment

I question those tests there are a lot of flu and cold viruses out there. Many caused by variants of the coronavirus. Short of decoding the dna of every sample how can we tell if its covid 19?

My take is this thing is already widespread as its known to be highly contagious. With probably 9 out of 10 people not getting any symptoms. IOW their immune system is on top of it. Now if we had a modern vaccine development system in place we could have a flu vaccine every 3-4 months... I still dont hear any talk about establishing one.

Ill let the the ones who voted tax cuts instead of a modern accessible health care system join the anti vaxxers in the Darwin awards line-up.
                                                                        I talked to the tree. Thats why they put me away!..." Peter Sellers, The Goon Show
                                                                        Only superficial people cant be superficial... Oscar Wilde

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 22.7.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
                                                                        "Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
                                                                        "The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.plasma-universe.com/pseudoskepticism/

Comment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ff10d49abefff/

The Health 202: Officials still don't want to call the coronavirus a pandemic. But experts say that's what it is.

— Last Tuesday, the U.S. Defense Department raised its “Risk of Pandemic” warning from “probable crisis” to “imminent crisis,” according to a document obtained by Newsweek. Officials expect the coronavirus will “likely” become a global pandemic within the next 30 days.

— Nancy Messonnier, a top official at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, said the following day the coronavirus has met two criteria of a pandemic: causing illness resulting in death and spreading person to person in a sustained way.

“The world moves closer toward meeting the third criteria — worldwide spread of the new virus,” Messonnier told reporters.

— And yesterday, the WHO director general used the word “pandemic” as he warned “the window of opportunity for containing it is narrowing.”
                                                                          Quotes:

Comment

It's in 70 countries with 3,000 dead.

It's a pandemic. The only reason why they haven't labeled it as such is they pulled to the trigger too early for Ebola, and don't want to make the same mistake twice.

It will be classified within a couple of weeks.

Comment

It's in 70 countries with 3,000 dead.

It's a pandemic. The only reason why they haven't labeled it as such is they pulled to the trigger too early for Ebola, and don't want to make the same mistake twice.

It will be classified within a couple of weeks.
                                                                              which is much to late.

Calling it a pandemic might actually wake idiots up.

Things like comic con would be cancelled, an event that gets 100,000+ people and they are still going ahead with it.

Or that huge festival in Spain that is still going ahead that brings in 2+ million tourists would be canceled.
                                                                              Quotes:

Comment

which is much to late.

Calling it a pandemic might actually wake idiots up.

Things like comic con would be cancelled, an event that gets 100,000+ people and they are still going ahead with it.

Or that huge festival in Spain that is still going ahead that brings in 2+ million tourists would be canceled.
                                                                                or the NBA

Comment

They just want it in Antartica, until then it's not truly "global"...

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
                                                                                  1 Peter 2:9

Originally posted by Vengeance
                                                                                  :heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X