Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silent-Runner View Post
    welcome to the club
    I'm getting my first Pfizer jabby jab sat.

Comment

pump up the jab, pump it up

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Comment

Originally posted by Greasy View Post
        The FDA has recommended halting JJ vaccine rollout until the blood clot issue can be looked into.
        6 cases out of 6.8 millions administered; the anti-vaxxers are already having a field day with this one
        PS: The pill causes blood clots in one out of 2500 women, I guess we should pause that as well...

Comment

Originally posted by Java Cool Dude View Post
          6 cases out of 6.8 millions administered; the anti-vaxxers are already having a field day with this one
          PS: The pill causes blood clots in one out of 2500 women, I guess we should pause that as well...
          I know right. I've already seen people all over social media pulling the, "see we told you it wasn't safe" BS already.

Comment

Yea about any drug you take these days have much worse numbers then those, can’t believe they are halting it because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nascar24 View Post
              Yea about any drug you take these days have much worse numbers then those, can’t believe they are halting it because of it.
              My understanding is, they temp halted it to make sure all physicians knew how to treat these types of clots, since it's different from standard methods. Once that's out then they should resume.

Comment

The clots are for the chosen ones. They are randomly selected by the great watchers and are tested in order to see if they qualify for the second ascension.

Because greatness abounds, and only a select few will be able to join the upper elite, and they will be exempt from the great purge that is to come.

It is also why the majority of clots occur in women....them watchers are pervs.
                ------Squachbox 2022------
                Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 full size aluminum chassis
                Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750watt PSU
                AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
                Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
                BenQ Mobiuz EX2710S 27" FHD monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
                Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
                Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
                Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe
                HyperX Cloud Stinger wired headset

Comment

i have a customer i was at today won't get the vaccine

but has pot and cocaine all over the house

Comment

Originally posted by bill dennison View Post

i have a customer i was at today won't get the vaccine

but has pot and cocaine all over the house
                    Only natural meds in that house mang.

Comment

Botox! I see those commercials, and when you listen to the "fast talk". May cause stroke, blindness, etc.

Comment

I am now 12 hours past the moment the 2nd Pfizer dose invaded my supple innards. So far, a sore arm just like the first dose.

I had to delay the 2nd by a week so am wondering if that's helping with the side effects. Could be speaking too soon. I should stop.

For record:

Comment

It's going up because people think it's all clear now apparently.

Comment

I've had customers walk in without precaution because they were vaccinated. I don't believe them. I read in the news a woman caught covid three weeks after vaccinated with J&J. Being vaccinate isn't an excuse to disregard all covid precautions.
                            Lenovo x61t - Display : 12.1 (Multi-Touch) - CPU : Intel Lv7700 @1.8ghz - Graphics : Intel GMA X3100 graphics - Chipset : Intel 965 Express - Communication : Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
                            10/100/1000 Ethernet - RAM : G.skill ddr2 800 4gb - Storage : G.Skill 64 SSD(SLC) - Battery : 8cell

Current Desktop [2016]
                            Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 860Pro 512GB/ 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w

Comment

Originally posted by 0091/2 View Post
                              I've had customers walk in without precaution because they were vaccinated. I don't believe them. I read in the news a woman caught covid three weeks after vaccinated with J&J. Being vaccinate isn't an excuse to disregard all covid precautions.
                              I consider this more like the flu vaccine than polio. This is mutating, and getting the flu shot yearly like I do doesn't mean you can't get the flu. It just gives you a better chance.

Rona gonna be around for a while. Calling it now.

Then I see posts on social media about how nobody got the flu this year. Apparently masks and social distancing help with that too. Who would have thought??? LOL

What we really need is a guy like me instead of Fauci. You need a southern accent dude telling you what to do. If the dumbasses around me would believe me. Everyone should!
                              Last edited by Greasy; Apr 13, 2021, 05:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 0091/2 View Post
                                There was just a guy too who's in the hospital with it after the vaccine. People need to stop being assholes and thinking just because they got the vaccine, they can run around without masks and resume life as normal. Just like the woman that I thought gave my whole IT team covid, she had it so she thinks she can't get it again. I'm so sick of stupid.
                                Last edited by ice; Apr 13, 2021, 06:10 PM.

6600k|16GB of GSkill|500GB 850 Pro|Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 |Asus Z170-AR|Windows 10 64 Enterprise

360 games

Lose = Be careful not to lose that.
                                Loose = The bolts are loose.
                                There = She is there now.
                                Their = They have their things.
                                They're = They're going to the mall.
                                To = They came to the house.
                                Too = That's too bad.
                                Two = 2.
                                Your = Your dinner is ready.
                                You're = If you're 150lbs you'd better have a 6 pack.

Comment

It's mostly young and unvaccinated people. Glad deaths are down though

Comment

Originally posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
                                    I am now 12 hours past the moment the 2nd Pfizer dose invaded my supple innards. So far, a sore arm just like the first dose.

I had to delay the 2nd by a week so am wondering if that's helping with the side effects. Could be speaking too soon. I should stop.

For record:

Side effects are usually 24 hours later. Mine hit at about 20 hours and was noticeable. But really nothing. Could feel fatigue and chills. I thought it was awesome and was cheering my antibodies on!! Was gone when I woke up the next day. Don't worry, it's just annoying mostly the day after.

Comment

Originally posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
                                      Side effects are usually 24 hours later. Mine hit at about 20 hours and was noticeable. But really nothing. Could feel fatigue and chills. I thought it was awesome and was cheering my antibodies on!! Was gone when I woke up the next day. Don't worry, it's just annoying mostly the day after.
                                      Slept horribly last night... don't know if I was briefly feverish. Had some crazy bad dreams. Today I woke up feeling "dense", like I weigh 60 lbs heavier. Not fatigued per se (but then again I only got about 12 minutes of deep sleep according to Fitbit) but it seems to take more effort to move. Arm soreness is subsiding after peaking around 4AM.

Not dead yet. Hope the trend continues.

Comment

Less then a week for my second and final chip deployment to activate all systems.

Comment

My only thing is.. at what point are we going to be able to stop wearing masks and resume some normalcy? I'm confused how we don't know what affects the vaccine have in terms of if you're capable of getting COVID after, or if you can spread it, etc. I mean they did do trials of the vaccine so this stuff should have been figured out even if the trial period was short.

Truthfully all of this is starting to get old. Don't get me wrong, I follow all COVID protocol and I wear my mask and socially distance.. but yeah, it's getting old. I'm vaccinated, so when am I going to start feeling normal again? Everytime the goalposts are set, they seem to continue moving backwards when we reach them. As always, things must be fluid and adaptive to what the situation is, so I understand why, to an extent..
                                          Originally posted by curio
                                          Eat this protein bar, for it is of my body. And drink this creatine shake, for it is my blood.
                                          "If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Comment

Originally posted by Nunz View Post
                                            My only thing is.. at what point are we going to be able to stop wearing masks and resume some normalcy? I'm confused how we don't know what affects the vaccine have in terms of if you're capable of getting COVID after, or if you can spread it, etc. I mean they did do trials of the vaccine so this stuff should have been figured out even if the trial period was short.

Truthfully all of this is starting to get old. Don't get me wrong, I follow all COVID protocol and I wear my mask and socially distance.. but yeah, it's getting old. I'm vaccinated, so when am I going to start feeling normal again? Everytime the goalposts are set, they seem to continue moving backwards when we reach them. As always, things must be fluid and adaptive to what the situation is, so I understand why, to an extent..

State of the Covid as I understand it.

If Pfizer/Moderna you're 90-95% immune. If J&J/Astra then less (60-80%?)

Is that 5-10% a matter of viral load or personal immunity? They don't know. if you're one of those unlucky few then you can catch it. You may or may not spread it if you do.

If you catch it you won't feel completely craptastic and won't be hospitalized.

So, that 5-10% right now is what is holding things back as not everyone that wants to be immunized has been and there's a chance you could spread it. In my opinion, after everyone that intends to be vaccinated has been, things SHOULD open up. If you happen to get a little ill that's nothing new... happens all the time with seasonal colds, flu, etc. The danger of happening to spread it to someone else is a danger they've brought upon themselves by refusing vaccination. If you happen to spread it to someone vaccinated, it's not especially dangerous so it's acceptable, and the rates/severity will be low enough that it isn't going to overwhelm the medical system with vaccinated people.

At the point that only unvaccinated people are being shown to the hospital, hopefully that will spur the morons into getting the damned shot and we can put this behind us for good.

Faucci's statement how he'd want people wearing masks till summer 2022 so we can wipe this thing completely out is unrealistic, and I hope the policy makers realize that. Protecting the stupid from themselves at the expense of EVERYONE ELSE is not good policy.

Fauci predicted the country would be "approaching a degree of normality" by the end of the year, but says face coverings may still be necessary.

Fauci also said that face masks — for many Americans, one of the most visible signs of abnormality — may still be necessary in 2022.

“I think it is possible that is the case,” he said when asked whether Americans will still be wearing masks next year. The level of new infections must go “way down,” he added, before he could say people needn’t wear face coverings.

I want it to keep going down to a baseline that’s so low there is virtually no threat,” Fauci said. “If you combine getting most of the people in the country vaccinated with getting the level of virus in the community very, very low, then I believe you’re going to be able to say, you know, for the most part, we don’t necessarily have to wear masks.”
                                            A hobbiest foundry and forge in progress, plans, suppliers, showcasing ideas

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire

Comment

Originally posted by Nunz View Post

When roughly 80% of the population is vaccinated.
                                              Then its pretty much down at flu levels of management.
                                              Except where the flu vaccine is mostly voluntary, this coronavirus vaccine will likely be one of those mandatory ones like Hep B/A, tetanus, pertussis, etc.

The stupid thing about this whole vaccination thing is...did people REALLY expect to NOT get any symptoms from this? I mean sheesh every vaccine known to man has some type of side effect...usually mild.
                                              Blood clots are bad but jesus everything seems like its within the exception range of every vaccine....some people get bad reactions, most dont.
                                              ------Squachbox 2022------
                                              Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 full size aluminum chassis
                                              Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750watt PSU
                                              AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
                                              Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                              2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
                                              BenQ Mobiuz EX2710S 27" FHD monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
                                              Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
                                              Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
                                              Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe
                                              HyperX Cloud Stinger wired headset

Comment

Summer 2022? I really hope not. I'm hoping we see them just looking to get the infection/death/whatever numbers down to a number that's equivalent to other diseases like the Flu, instead of going to an unrealistic number that won't be reachable for another year..

Thanks for the link as usual Koralis
                                                Originally posted by curio
                                                Eat this protein bar, for it is of my body. And drink this creatine shake, for it is my blood.
                                                "If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Comment

people are stupid, that's your answer. If they keep acting like idiots we won't see normality for a LONG time. it's actually as easy as that.

And sad, it get's even sadder the longer you think about it.

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Comment

First jab in the books. Little frustrated that I went through the scheduling process to get Pfizer, and was surprised to look at the immunization card and see the nurse input Moderna. Was a personal preference due to my observations that Pfizer was further along in testing in regard to transmissibility and perhaps better efficacy against variants, and the lack of communication is irritating, but in the end just glad to have step 1 done.

Comment

Just manage to book an appointment for the vaccine on the 21st

GF will get it 2 weeks later, father and mother in law both had their first dose today, my dad is tomorrow IIRC... Can't wait to at least eat together !

It's like unicorns vomiting chocolate rainbows all over me as I float through a lollipop garden on a magic carpet.

"Yes, but God has the right to get away with anything. Shoot animals, make ugly women, allow the existence of religious nuts, and watch liederhosen-wearing midget poodle-licking pornography. God's a sick bastard." - OzzieBloke

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes. ;-)

God, give us grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, courage to change the things which should be changed, and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.

Comment

Originally posted by koralis View Post
                                                        State of the Covid as I understand it.

If Pfizer/Moderna you're 90-95% immune. If J&J/Astra then less (60-80%?)

Is that 5-10% a matter of viral load or personal immunity? They don't know. if you're one of those unlucky few then you can catch it. You may or may not spread it if you do.

If you catch it you won't feel completely craptastic and won't be hospitalized.

So, that 5-10% right now is what is holding things back as not everyone that wants to be immunized has been and there's a chance you could spread it. In my opinion, after everyone that intends to be vaccinated has been, things SHOULD open up. If you happen to get a little ill that's nothing new... happens all the time with seasonal colds, flu, etc. The danger of happening to spread it to someone else is a danger they've brought upon themselves by refusing vaccination. If you happen to spread it to someone vaccinated, it's not especially dangerous so it's acceptable, and the rates/severity will be low enough that it isn't going to overwhelm the medical system with vaccinated people.

At the point that only unvaccinated people are being shown to the hospital, hopefully that will spur the morons into getting the damned shot and we can put this behind us for good.

Faucci's statement how he'd want people wearing masks till summer 2022 so we can wipe this thing completely out is unrealistic, and I hope the policy makers realize that. Protecting the stupid from themselves at the expense of EVERYONE ELSE is not good policy.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...ci-masks-2022/

Faucci's is a first class asshole .
                                                        and loves the camera time and does not want to ever go back to normal to keep him in the camera lights .

summer this year .
                                                        i'm not wearing after that other than in posted stores and they will get less and less here by summer and it hits 112+F

my sister got her first yesterday that all in my family

at this point protecting others that won't get a shot not matter what is not my job
                                                        if they want to be darwin awards winners let them

Comment

Originally posted by Lupine View Post
                                                          First jab in the books. Little frustrated that I went through the scheduling process to get Pfizer, and was surprised to look at the immunization card and see the nurse input Moderna. Was a personal preference due to my observations that Pfizer was further along in testing in regard to transmissibility and perhaps better efficacy against variants, and the lack of communication is irritating, but in the end just glad to have step 1 done.
                                                          Israel just released a study saying that Pfizer wasn't very good at all against the SA variant. I wouldn't worry too much about one or the other, but a co-worker said she has two friends who were fully vaccinated with Pfizer that have covid, and are pretty sick.

I'm getting Pfizer this sat, but I would take either.

Comment

if you got the johnson in your johnson:
                                                            [yt]2Vdm-xGdUR0[/yt]
                                                            "World's First Analyst and Therapist: the Analrapist"
                                                            "Part time Cork Soaker"

Comment

Originally posted by Payne3d View Post
                                                              if you got the johnson in your johnson
                                                              It must work better if its put in your arm, good to know!

Comment

Israel just released a study saying that Pfizer wasn't very good at all against the SA variant. I wouldn't worry too much about one or the other, but a co-worker said she has two friends who were fully vaccinated with Pfizer that have covid, and are pretty sick.

I'm getting Pfizer this sat, but I would take either.
                                                                Yeah, I'm not unhappy, just also not impressed with the communication.

So far minor side-effects. Pretty sore arm, and a little achy in general. Maybe a little headache, but may just need moar coffee lol.

We were able to get Lupboy3 (17) and his best friend vaccinated last night as well, down there in CA. Pfizer. Friend was pretty sick first thing this morning with headache, achy, and ultimately nausea and vomiting. Was fine by 10am or so and they're both low but doing okay.

Comment

A high level manager insisted that I need to go into a nursing home for a network job today. Said nursing home had as of 2 weeks ago, roughly 70% infection count between patients and staff. I refused to do it, and his reply indicated that I was purposely neglecting to do my reasonable duties.

It's been escalated well over his head.

I don't understand the mindset some people have wrt this virus.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy8s View Post
                                                                    A high level manager insisted that I need to go into a nursing home for a network job today. Said nursing home had as of 2 weeks ago, roughly 70% infection count between patients and staff. I refused to do it, and his reply indicated that I was purposely neglecting to do my reasonable duties.
                                                                    Obviously you're just being ... Lazy.

Yeah, I don't get it either. Some people are still defining common sense as fear etc.
                                                                    Last edited by Lupine; Apr 15, 2021, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by logical View Post
                                                                      Got the 2nd pfizer shot last week. First day had nothing and the second day I had slight body aches. Felt like I did a hard workout and body ached a bit. That lasted half a day and nothing else after that for me personally.

Comment

A high level manager insisted that I need to go ...
                                                                        It's been escalated well over his head.

I don't understand the mindset some people have wrt this virus.

You mentioned that they'd been firing people, funding early retirement, etc? Seems likely they're just working up an excuse to fire you for cause. It's all going according to plan...
                                                                        A hobbiest foundry and forge in progress, plans, suppliers, showcasing ideas

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire

Comment

Originally posted by Lupine View Post
                                                                          Obviously you're just being ... Lazy.

Yeah, I don't get it either. Some people are still defining common sense as fear etc.
                                                                          I yam what I yam lol.

Comment

Originally posted by koralis View Post
                                                                            You mentioned that they'd been firing people, funding early retirement, etc? Seems likely they're just working up an excuse to fire you for cause. It's all going according to plan...
                                                                            That's what it feels like. Hearing that he's been ....corrected...would be most welcome though.

Comment

That's what it feels like. Hearing that he's been ....corrected...would be most welcome though.
                                                                              tell him a nursing home may not let your old self back out

good luck

i would not go into any nursing home now liability is too high
                                                                              they will blame you if something come is or you get something

Comment

Originally posted by bill dennison View Post
                                                                                tell him a nursing home may not let your old self back out

good luck

i would not go into any nursing home now liability is too high
                                                                                they will blame you if something come is or you get something
                                                                                Yeah I'd be stuck for sure lol. It's just too risky. Besides the possibility of catching it ourselves I and one other co-worker have parents that are dead if they catch this.

No way, they can fire me.

Comment

Yeah I'd be stuck for sure lol. It's just too risky. Besides the possibility of catching it ourselves I and one other co-worker have parents that are dead if they catch this.

No way, they can fire me.
                                                                                  Tell him you'll go but only if he agrees to you meeting with him, in person, for an hour "presentation" detailing everything you did at the facility. All in a small office and with the door closed of course, can't have any distractions.
                                                                                  "Ok to lose to opponent, must not lose to fear!"
                                                                                  ~Mr. Myagi.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
                                                                                  ~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X