Official Thread: Coronavirus "COVID-19"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by logical View Post
    One system, at one place, in one city, in one state, in one country.

Good luck trying to get the world to pull information in a central system that verifies if youve been vaccinated. Cute you think it would happen Cyko.
    The card is issued by CDC and thus I don't believe it's constrained to one city or state. I do believe it's US only for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Java Cool Dude View Post
      The card is issued by CDC and thus I don't believe it's constrained to one city or state. I do believe it's US only for sure.

I got the card. We got enough trouble trying to get cities in states talkin to each other, nevermind state to state even if it is CDC keeping track. Dont know how it would work internationally if ever. Maybe something on a drivers license like the new Drivers licenses that are going to be required for travel.

Comment

Dont know how it would work internationally if ever. Maybe something on a drivers license like the new Drivers licenses that are going to be required for travel.
        This is my main concern as well since one big (only?) reason I got the vaccine is so I can travel more freely internationally.
        I am also wondering about the kids; my wife and I are fully vaccinated with stamped cards to prove it, but our kids are 13 and 8 and there isn't even a vaccine approved yet for their age group. What do we do? Frequent covid tests as we hop from one place to another?
        Hope something is figured out by July when we plan on going to Greece.

Comment

This is my main concern as well since one big (only?) reason I got the vaccine is so I can travel more freely internationally.
          I am also wondering about the kids; my wife and I are fully vaccinated with stamped cards to prove it, but our kids are 13 and 8 and there isn't even a vaccine approved yet for their age group. What do we do? Frequent covid tests as we hop from one place to another?
          Hope something is figured out by July when we plan on going to Greece.
          The good news is the kids will 99.x% be fine if they get it. Unless they have other conditions. Enjoy that trip. I've always wanted to go there myself.

Comment

they should get you a tattoo then, that would work internationally, a big red "V" on the forehead maybe

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Comment

*Logs into website

**WEHAVEOPENSLOTS! SIGNUPNOW!

*Clicks to sign up

**Sorry, no open slots available.

Comment

well, my doc asked me today if i "want to get vaccinated", so i said yes and got put on the list. We'll say how (and when) that works out.

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy8s View Post
                  *Logs into website

*Clicks to sign up

Yea, I figured I would never get in that way as well, Just happened to click at the right time this weekend as they opened a new site starting today and I somehow was quick enough to get one through. Its the samething as trying to get a PS5. Thousands trying to get it and 10 available. Will be on my way in a few hours for my first dose.

Comment

*Logs into website

*Clicks to sign up

This is precisely why I am waiting a few more months. Let the hoards go and get it first. Also I am considered "lower risk" since I've already had covid and likely have some immunity. Even against the other variants, they are starting to learn that catching any covid and recovering is offering some protection from developing severe covid.

I'll still get my vaccine, but I'm not going to play the same game people are playing for vid cards right now to try and get a vaccine.
                    "Ok to lose to opponent, must not lose to fear!"
                    ~Mr. Myagi.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
                    ~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".

Comment

Originally posted by Nascar24 View Post
                      Yea, I figured I would never get in that way as well, Just happened to click at the right time this weekend as they opened a new site starting today and I somehow was quick enough to get one through. Its the samething as trying to get a PS5. Thousands trying to get it and 10 available. Will be on my way in a few hours for my first dose.
                      At least some of us are managing. I hope yours is as painless as my wife's was
                      Originally posted by xCLAVEx View Post
                      This is precisely why I am waiting a few more months. Let the hoards go and get it first. Also I am considered "lower risk" since I've already had covid and likely have some immunity. Even against the other variants, they are starting to learn that catching any covid and recovering is offering some protection from developing severe covid.

I'll still get my vaccine, but I'm not going to play the same game people are playing for vid cards right now to try and get a vaccine.
                      Heh, that's exactly what it feels like. Well, it only took 4 months to score a PS5, so hopefully by Juneish I'll be able to get mine.

Comment

Heh, that's exactly what it feels like. Well, it only took 4 months to score a PS5, so hopefully by Juneish I'll be able to get mine.
                        Might want to step up on getting that pre-built you were talking about if you want it anytime soon. Some pre-built suppliers are starting to ship "gaming pc's" without the video cards because they are beginning to have trouble getting them too.

I posted a new topic in the general hardware section for details.
                        "Ok to lose to opponent, must not lose to fear!"
                        ~Mr. Myagi.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
                        ~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".

Comment

Originally posted by xCLAVEx View Post
                          Might want to step up on getting that pre-built you were talking about if you want it anytime soon. Some pre-built suppliers are starting to ship "gaming pc's" without the video cards because they are beginning to have trouble getting them too.

I posted a new topic in the general hardware section for details.
                          Thanks for the heads up

Comment

Yea hopefully it is all good, I have another appointment at the Dentist to make after.

Comment

Yea hopefully it is all good, I have another appointment at the Dentist to make after.
                              Glutton for punishment

Comment

Glutton for punishment
                                Yes sir! That was a quick process, dose 1 down, Pfizer, so 3 weeks from today for dose 2. Off to the Dentist. That will be worse as I’m going to be slobbering for 3 hours after.

Comment

Depending on your area, getting an appointment is not impossible. I finally was eligible for the vaccine 2 weeks ago and started looking. After just 4 tries I was starting to think it was going to be impossible. But, on my fifth try I hit when new appointments were opening up and there were tons. Got my appointment and my first Pfizer shot. It looked like it's just a matter of timing. In my area a lot of appointments seem to open up in the evening. It seems like every couple of days, blocks of appointments for multiple days are released. All I had to do was check at around 6:30pm on the right day and I had my pick of locations and appointments.

Comment

One system, at one place, in one city, in one state, in one country.

Good luck trying to get the world to pull information in a central system that verifies if youve been vaccinated. Cute you think it would happen Cyko.
                                    That's what politicians want but in order to get this to work are new laws. Vaccination records are basically the same as medical journals which are protected by the laws of patient confidentiality.

This is means that new laws must be passed in all countries that want introduce such system. Not sure of this is the case that each state in US must accept this, this is certainly the case in the EU.

Just forget an international system being deployed for vaccination records, especially in the near future.
                                    Intel 80386 16 MHz, VGA graphics, 4MB RAM, 30MB HDD, 3.5" floppy drive
                                    45303 3dMark06, Crysis 2 60 fps all settings at highest.

Comment

Originally posted by UFO View Post
                                      That's what politicians want but in order to get this to work are new laws. Vaccination records are basically the same as medical journals which are protected by the laws of patient confidentiality.

This is means that new laws must be passed in all countries that want introduce such system. Not sure of this is the case that each state in US must accept this, this is certainly the case in the EU.

Just forget an international system being deployed for vaccination records, especially in the near future.

Yup, good luck trying to get around HIPAA laws. Thats why a central system is going to be tough to make if it ever comes out JUST for the states. A worldwide one is just not possible.

But still cute cyko thought it could happen

Comment

Here in Canukistan I could be waiting months until I can get vaccinated.

Our National Advisory Committee on Immunization has recommended that second doses could be safely delayed up to 4 months which is ridiculous...give all the older folks and immunocompromised people their 2 doses within the suggested time frame by the vaccine makers...the younger and healthier people can wait a bit longer.

Would have been nice if our government had secured a good number of vaccines earlier but our PM was probably more concerned with fluffing his hair and talking selfies

Comment

There will never be a world-wide system, however countries can (and some will) require proof of vaccination to let you in.
                                          In the past I had to get proof of vaccination (polio?) before even being allowed on my flight to certain destinations.
                                          But as others have stated, proof can easily be faked :shrugs:

Comment

Originally posted by MyTMouse View Post
                                            Here in Canukistan I could be waiting months until I can get vaccinated.

Our National Advisory Committee on Immunization has recommended that second doses could be safely delayed up to 4 months which is ridiculous...give all the older folks and immunocompromised people their 2 doses within the suggested time frame by the vaccine makers...the younger and healthier people can wait a bit longer.

Would have been nice if our government had secured a good number of vaccines earlier but our PM was probably more concerned with fluffing his hair and talking selfies
                                            And being disappointed with the vaccine producers for not helping Canada.
                                            And being disappointed with China
                                            ------Squachbox 2022------
                                            Gigabyte 3D Aurora 570 full size aluminum chassis
                                            Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 750watt PSU
                                            AMD Ryzen 5 2600X @ 3.6ghz
                                            Asus Prime B450M A/CSM
                                            2 x 8GB G-Skill DDR4 2666
                                            BenQ Mobiuz EX2710S 27" FHD monitor + Asus Dual Radeon RX 6600
                                            Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200.12 SATA
                                            Seagate Barracuda 2TB SATA
                                            Samsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe
                                            HyperX Cloud Stinger wired headset

Comment

Purposely not replying in this thread further because I’ll get banned by what I really want to say, but NY is already working on an electronic system to accomplish a digital passport of sorts.

Speaking to HIPAA, as a former CISO of a healthcare org, it can be done technically but there needs to be the legal framework to accompany.

And with that, I’m out and back to my vacationing.
                                              Originally posted by Ozziebloke
                                              I mean, yeah, sure, there's benefits to a shaved asshole. But get a little sweaty and try and blow a fart. It just sits there like a bubble. No hair to break the seal. Feels weird.

Alpha
                                              | Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Comment

Originally posted by Cyko View Post
                                                Purposely not replying in this thread further because I’ll get banned by what I really want to say, but NY is already working on an electronic system to accomplish a digital passport of sorts.

Speaking to HIPAA, as a former CISO of a healthcare org, it can be done technically but there needs to be the legal framework to accompany.

And with that, I’m out and back to my vacationing.
                                                Don't be a pussy.

Also, enjoy your vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by Greasy View Post
                                                  Don't be a pussy.

Also, enjoy your vacation.
                                                  You are what you eat...

(explains why I’ma giant a-hole... )
                                                  I mean, yeah, sure, there's benefits to a shaved asshole. But get a little sweaty and try and blow a fart. It just sits there like a bubble. No hair to break the seal. Feels weird.

Alpha
                                                  | Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Comment

Originally posted by Cyko View Post
                                                    You are what you eat...

(explains why I’ma giant a-hole... )

Comment

I don't understand the point of this especially since most of the US should be vaccinated by the end of this year. Once that's done, the amount of vaccines available to the rest of the world that didn't really contribute to the development of the vaccines will have higher availability. The whole "proof of COVID shot to fly" is equivalent to asking for proof of a flu shot imo.

The time it will take to build an infrastructure that can share this kind of info.. we'll be in 2022. I also don't know if that's something the government should be able to force as accessible information. I'm very on the fence, favoring towards "bad idea".

The focus should be on distributing as much of the vaccine as possible to every one. The amount of people choosing not to take the vaccine is dwindling; military buddies that are very .. well essentially anti-vaxxers, have decided to get it because of the scientific data.

I've had the Anthrax series restarted so many times, I can't imagine the COVID vaccine will be what takes me out
                                                      Originally posted by curio
                                                      Eat this protein bar, for it is of my body. And drink this creatine shake, for it is my blood.
                                                      "If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Comment

Canada putting Astra-Zen on pause because of the clotting...

Got mine 4 days ago... A lot of teachers at my school got it and a TON had pretty severe side effects so far. for me the injection site is still sore. nothing else. if the covid doesnt get me, the vaccine will
                                                        Originally posted by KAC
                                                        Gays if I had boyfriends your mums wouldn’t have produced your sorry asses.

Comment

we had some more cases of blood clotting (brain) with astra zeneca.......

Comment

Only issue so far with the first Pfizer dose was a slightly sore arm where the shot was but is already begining to subside today.

Comment

Wife got the 1st Pfizer dose a month ago. Her arm still hurts.

Comment

Los Angeles is moving from Red to Orange tier on Monday; technically we were cleared to do so starting tomorrow but our health officials are playing it safe.

Comment

Originally posted by mizzer View Post
                                                                  Wife got the 1st Pfizer dose a month ago. Her arm still hurts.
                                                                  Mine is practically totally gone, I can feel it just a little if I press on the area. Also a month? Hasn't she had the second shot yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Silent-Runner View Post
                                                                    we had some more cases of blood clotting (brain) with astra zeneca.......
                                                                    that really sucks.

my shoulder is still sore but other than that, nothing.
                                                                    Originally posted by KAC
                                                                    Gays if I had boyfriends your mums wouldn’t have produced your sorry asses.

Comment

Getting my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine this Thursday.

Alpha

Omega

Comment

Just watching the news and the surge has begun here again and hospitalized are rising fast. Can’t wait to get fully vaccinated.

Comment

Just watching the news and the surge has begun here again and hospitalized are rising fast. Can’t wait to get fully vaccinated.
                                                                          Where you at?

Comment

Where you at?
                                                                            Michigan, over I think 5k today with 243 needing hospitalizations. I believe we are no. 1 in the states with per capita this week.

Comment

I want to get out of my one location for work, just found out all kinds out with COVID I just found out this morning! second shot cant come soon enough!

Comment

we've had a few more deaths due to Astra, now the gov says it should only be available for people over 60.......w....t......f......

Comment

1st shot tomorrow morning 👍 I don't know which one...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X