No announcement yet.

Official Thread: Coronavirus "COVID-19"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

people over here are also confused, Lazy8s. *sigh* Some already got their first dose, others are still waiting. It's a bad situation all around.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy8s View Post
      https://www.cbsnews.com/news/astraze...-clot-worries/

If the clotting incidents are similar, or even better than other vaccines...I understand wanting to be cautious, but this seems a bit extreme to focus on one manufacturer if the others, or even the general population as mentioned, have similar rates.

Am I missing something? I would love for this pandemic to be stamped out, but for that to happen it needs to be stamped out everywhere.
      when it comes to health, i appreciate that some countries are overly cautious about these kinds of things.
      "World's First Analyst and Therapist: the Analrapist"
      "Part time Cork Soaker"

Comment

Originally posted by Payne3d View Post
        when it comes to health, i appreciate that some countries are overly cautious about these kinds of things.
        Understandable feeling, but where do you draw the line? Millions of people got the AstraZeneca vaccine and were completely fine, but vaccination is halted because of a handful of cases?
        Will halting vaccines cause way more COVID deaths than the few that experience side effects?
        Again where do you draw the line?

Comment

Originally posted by Payne3d View Post

Originally posted by Java Cool Dude View Post
          Understandable feeling, but where do you draw the line? Millions of people got the AstraZeneca vaccine and were completely fine, but vaccination is halted because of a handful of cases?
          Will halting vaccines cause way more COVID deaths than the few that experience side effects?
          Again where do you draw the line?
          ^^ I agree, caution is completely understandable. But when the "side effect" is consistent with, or even less than what we see in the general population to begin with it becomes a bit murkier.

Is the vaccine causing the clotting or is the clotting something we would have seen anyway in these patients, sans vaccine? Meanwhile new infections continue to rise in some areas where this vaccine is available.

Comment

the clotting doesn't seem to be the only concern, although it's the one which actually caused deaths. There must be a lot more to it if _several_ states halted the vaccine.

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Comment

Originally posted by Silent-Runner View Post
              the clotting doesn't seem to be the only concern, although it's the one which actually caused deaths. There must be a lot more to it if _several_ states halted the vaccine.
              What else is the concern? The articles I've read said this came about after like 40 incidents out of 5m doses.

That's a casual link if ever I've heard one.

Comment

Originally posted by Canesfan2020 View Post
                What else is the concern? The articles I've read said this came about after like 40 incidents out of 5m doses.

That's a casual link if ever I've heard one.
                general problems with lungs, heavy damage to the liver and others. Again, going by the pure numbers there must be something else to it, otherwise they wouldn't have cancelled it so fast and in a lot of states. Wish i could tell, but we don't know more than you, by now.

Comment

So all you gays vaccinated now? I am thinking maybe I should get it as well.

Comment

over here? Still only very small, selected groups (medical staff mostly, pregnant women, people with certain medical conditions and older people 80 and above)

Comment

Not even close, still waiting on a call over here. Probably be another month.

Comment

My group is active as of today, but there are no appointments to be found right now.

Comment

I am once again on a mission when they decide to give out first doses. I'm trying to get one reserved for when I get back. This is the third ****ing time! Damn it!
                          Originally posted by curio
                          Eat this protein bar, for it is of my body. And drink this creatine shake, for it is my blood.
                          "If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Comment

Originally posted by Nunz View Post
                            I am once again on a mission when they decide to give out first doses. I'm trying to get one reserved for when I get back. This is the third ****ing time! Damn it!

Youre serving though right? Are they not offering it for people in the service? A guy I know whos in the Navy got it.

Comment

and that's how the dinosaur became extinct.

Comment

Originally posted by Nunz View Post
                                Sounds like someone doesn't like you. You're not sleeping with some full bird's daughter are you?

On another note:

Italy and France will restart the vaccines if regulators give the thumbs up. If there's an issue, I hope they can determine what it is and 'fix' it though.

Comment

Woman charged with pepper spraying a San Francisco Uber driver who told passenger to wear a mask

Source

I really hope she gets some quality jailtime...stupid b*tch...

Comment

For the first time since June, 2020 (I think), there are counties in the US that have had no reported cases over the last seven days.

Comment

I mean, I'm all for celebrating progress, but I don't think we should pat ourselves too hard on the back considering that the county selected is around 900 people strong with a population density of .2 per square mile...

Seems a low bar when countries with populations in the millions are able to have single digit case counts, if any cases at all, for months now.

We have failed and have no one other than ourselves to blame...
                                      | Fractal Design Define R5 | ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD 5800x 3D w/ Noctua DH-15 | 16GB G.Skill Flare-X | Aorus 2080 Super Waterforce Edition | HP Omen 27i |

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."

Comment

COVID cases are hovering around 2K a day in all of CA mashAllah

Comment

finally got nailed. almost all the teachers in my school have had confirmed cases in their classes but I was holding out... until yesterday...

Yesterday got the notification that not only was there a confirmed case but also I am placed under self isolation for 2 weeks as a precaution (i was helping the kid with his work and standing very close to him. Everyone was masked-up in the class). Zero symptoms so far. The exposure was last thursday.

BC health are such goddamn ****ing troglodytes that they refuse to test if you show no symptoms. we know that the tests can identify asymptomatic people...
                                          Originally posted by KAC
                                          Gays if I had boyfriends your mums wouldn’t have produced your sorry asses.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay20016 View Post
                                            I mean, I'm all for celebrating progress, but I don't think we should pat ourselves too hard on the back considering that the county selected is around 900 people strong with a population density of .2 per square mile...

Seems a low bar when countries with populations in the millions are able to have single digit case counts, if any cases at all, for months now.

We have failed and have no one other than ourselves to blame...
                                            I don't see any celebration in my post; not sure how you do. The way this thing ebbs and flows, celebrating now would be the equivalent of dancing your way into the end zone right as you get dive tackled for a fumble.

The county highlighted was to illustrate that the ones that are colored white are ones that tooltip "no recent cases". Should I have hovered over Hunt County, TX instead? Tomorrow each of the white could have cases, a month from now 5 times more other counties could be clean. Not sure what your point is.

Comment

Originally posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
                                              I don't see any celebration in my post; not sure how you do. The way this thing ebbs and flows, celebrating now would be the equivalent of dancing your way into the end zone right as you get dive tackled for a fumble.

The county highlighted was to illustrate that the ones that are colored white are ones that tooltip "no recent cases". Should I have hovered over Hunt County, TX instead? Tomorrow each of the white could have cases, a month from now 5 times more other counties could be clean. Not sure what your point is.
                                              Maybe it was the word choice of "for the first time since x" that always comes off as a negative or positive. Considering no covid in an area is a good thing (unless you're playing Plague Inc.... Damn you Madagascar!!!!) I just assumed we were attempting to celebrate a positive.

I could also be just jaded via working with the general public, especially with this spring break surge of tourists, but it seems people are seeing a downward trend plus the vaccine roll out and thinking it is Mission Accomplished. The amount of masks and distancing is abysmal with these tourists, so it's frustrating to hear these out of state douches complain about restrictions and mitigation techniques that they have no intention of following while simultaneously bemoaning the need for them. Those often complaining the most about the measures do not follow them, resulting in us needing them more and furthering how long we have to mask up, distance, and try and protect ourselves and others while also increasing the time we have to listen to them whine like petulant children. Many of these people do not know that other countries are back to some semblance of normal because they took it seriously early on and get to have 90k spectator sporting events while we have teams lose out on their chance at a NCAA championship in empty arenas because someone on the team caught covid.

Everyone should be clear eyed on what a colossal waste of life we have endured so that certain people could enjoy a bacon cheeseburger cooked by someone else in a building not their house, surrounded by people not their family.

I get that there is light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm ecstatic for it, but also cognizant and hyper aware of the fact that the tunnel needn't be as dark or long as it was if we had done better as a country, so call me dour, but even slight praise seems misguided and detrimental when you see where we are vs where we could've been.
                                              | Fractal Design Define R5 | ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD 5800x 3D w/ Noctua DH-15 | 16GB G.Skill Flare-X | Aorus 2080 Super Waterforce Edition | HP Omen 27i |

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."

Comment

Originally posted by Jay20016 View Post
                                                Maybe it was the word choice of "for the first time since x" that always comes off as a negative or positive. Considering no covid in an area is a good thing (unless you're playing Plague Inc.... Damn you Madagascar!!!!) I just assumed we were attempting to celebrate a positive.
                                                Just making a record for the thread. Could be we've passed the point of exponential spread and entered the world of logarithmic spread, especially considering how many states have loosened restrictions in the last month and new cases continue to fall, but I'm not arrogant enough to make that claim (yet).

In vaccine blog news, I'm now at the 25 hour mark for getting the first Pfizer dose. No adverse reaction other than arm soreness that started as almost nothing and has progressively gotten worse over the last 18 hours. I did not take into account which side I sleep on prior to getting the shot. Whoops.

Comment

Good luck Bob.

Second COVID March is startingn to wear on me. Just the weight of worry and defensiveness seems to creep up more and more easily whenever I take a moment to think about all of this.

Sister is getting Vax on the 23rd, my Mom is on the list (I'm annoyed that she has not gotten it yet, competition for everything in NJ is tight as all fuk and vaccines appts are no exception).

I feel for our EU members in regards to their vaccine situation. If I'm feeling this way with at least a visible light at the end of the tunnel, all I can say is that the US should help as best we can with any spare vaccines we have.

Comment

Originally posted by bob saget View Post
                                                    finally got nailed. almost all the teachers in my school have had confirmed cases in their classes but I was holding out... until yesterday...

Yesterday got the notification that not only was there a confirmed case but also I am placed under self isolation for 2 weeks as a precaution (i was helping the kid with his work and standing very close to him. Everyone was masked-up in the class). Zero symptoms so far. The exposure was last thursday.

BC health are such goddamn ****ing troglodytes that they refuse to test if you show no symptoms. we know that the tests can identify asymptomatic people...
                                                    Best fortune bob - keep us updated, and enjoy the time off if able ....

Comment

Alaska and New Mexico are almost at 20% fully vaccinated!

Comment

I'm scheduled for 4/17 and 5/8 for the phiser vaccine.

Comment

Alaska and New Mexico are almost at 20% fully vaccinated!
                                                          Given the small population, that’s not that impressive. I live in a large county in California and we are at 17.5% fully vaccinated and 27.7% have first dose.

Comment

Adam and I haven't even been given the opportunity to be vaccinated. My wife has because she's a social worker. But, none available yet for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Jkmetal23 View Post
                                                              Good luck Bob.

Second COVID March is startingn to wear on me. Just the weight of worry and defensiveness seems to creep up more and more easily whenever I take a moment to think about all of this.

Sister is getting Vax on the 23rd, my Mom is on the list (I'm annoyed that she has not gotten it yet, competition for everything in NJ is tight as all fuk and vaccines appts are no exception).
                                                              Originally posted by Lazy8s View Post
                                                              Best fortune bob - keep us updated, and enjoy the time off if able ....
                                                              I appreciate the thoughts very much . Test came back negative. I feel bad that I had to lie to the tester about having symptoms but that's the course of action I had to take to get tested.
                                                              Originally posted by KAC

Comment

Originally posted by bob saget View Post
                                                                I appreciate the thoughts very much . Test came back negative. I feel bad that I had to lie to the tester about having symptoms but that's the course of action I had to take to get tested.

Where did you go that demanded you have symptoms to get tested?? When I got tested in the US in Oct, yes, I had to get past the walk in clinic screening but I did have a fever the previous night. That was six months ago..

I wouldn't feel bad btw.

Comment

It looks like we'll be loaning AstraZeneca vaccines to Mexico and Canada: It makes sense since it hasn't been approved for local use and it looks like we might have a surplus (of the better vaccines) in a couple of months.

Comment

It looks like we'll be loaning AstraZeneca vaccines to Mexico and Canada: It makes sense since it hasn't been approved for local use and it looks like we might have a surplus (of the better vaccines) in a couple of months.
                                                                    I'd much rather have the better Pfizer or Moderna ones but I won't be given a choice here

Comment

Originally posted by Jkmetal23 View Post
                                                                      Where did you go that demanded you have symptoms to get tested?? When I got tested in the US in Oct, yes, I had to get past the walk in clinic screening but I did have a fever the previous night. That was six months ago..

I wouldn't feel bad btw.
                                                                      So in British Columbia and Alberta, the two westernmost provinces in Canada, you must have symptoms in order to be tested. AFAIK rest of Canada you can get tested whenever. I went to the centre in the morning, said I was a close contact in the classroom of a confirmed case AND i've had a stuffy nose for days, and they said "f*ck you not good enough". Went back 5 hours later and said I was nauseous....
                                                                      Originally posted by KAC

Comment

Originally posted by MyTMouse View Post
                                                                        I'd much rather have the better Pfizer or Moderna ones but I won't be given a choice here
                                                                        I would rather just get the JJ shot. One and done. I'm scheduled for Pfizer though next month.

Comment

I'll take whatever they have. I believe we are getting Pfizer by me, but some Moderna's seem to show up every now and then.

I don't think it matters much though.
                                                                          Originally posted by curio
                                                                          Eat this protein bar, for it is of my body. And drink this creatine shake, for it is my blood.
                                                                          "If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Comment

Looks like AstraZeneca is effective and will be authorized for use in the US sooner than later: https://apnews.com/article/us-data-s...c65d5f9ae90c43

I wonder if the current administration will still go through with "loaning" Canada and Mexico 4 million doses.

Comment

Miami under a COVID curfew now. I saw some news footage, and it looked like chaos.

Chaotic scenes from the weekend showed maskless revelers drinking and partying in the streets in defiance of curfew orders.

On Sunday, Miami Beach officials voted to extend a curfew and other emergency restrictions for three weeks due to concerns about unruly crowds gathering amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.

Chaotic scenes from the weekend showed maskless revelers drinking and partying in the streets in defiance of curfew orders, with riot police even sent in to try to control the crowds — a decision that drew criticism and accusations of racism. More than 1,000 people have been arrested so far this spring break season, according to police.
                                                                              Can we not do any more super spreader events folks? Please?

Comment

They're dumbass teens and early 20 year olds. They have no common sense yet apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Greasy View Post
                                                                                  They're dumbass teens and early 20 year olds. They have no common sense yet apparently.
                                                                                  What they did have is an entitlement mentality, anti-authority mindset, and copious amounts of alcohol. Great combination.
                                                                                  “The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” – Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X