No announcement yet.

Official Thread: Coronavirus "COVID-19"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like most American Adults will be eligible for the vaccine no later than May 1st!

Comment

I'd rather not wait until May 1st, but that's ahead of schedule...better than behind schedule. Hopefully I can avoid it until then.

My wife and Mom are fully vaccinated though, so that's a weight off the mind.

Comment

A lot of countries are asking the US to provide them with vaccines, but we are rightfully saying no until all of us who want it have a chance to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Java Cool Dude View Post
          A lot of countries are asking the US to provide them with vaccines, but we are rightfully saying no until all of us who want it have a chance to get it.
          That's not always a great idea. Vaccine should go to the places with the worst prevalence (so, yes, the US - due to our superior stupidity - would be in that group). However, if you want less variants, vaccines should go to any hot spots to cool them down as less transmission means less viral replication which means less chance of a mutation.

Comment

Trust me we've been providing a ton of countries with vaccines and test kits as it is.
            Originally posted by curio
            Eat this protein bar, for it is of my body. And drink this creatine shake, for it is my blood.
            "If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Comment

Originally posted by Nunz View Post
              Trust me we've been providing a ton of countries with vaccines and test kits as it is.
              Guess I'll hear about it soon from Fox, OANN and Newsmax: TRAITOR JOEBAMA SENDS VACCINES ABROAD AS AMERICANS DIE BY THE THOUSANDS!!!!

Comment

Nah we were doing that **** all last year.. tons and tons of teak kits
                Eat this protein bar, for it is of my body. And drink this creatine shake, for it is my blood.
                "If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Comment

This particular ask is about Astra zenica, which is not yet approved for use in the US.

If they aren't going to approve it, and we have enough vaccine of other types, no reason not to sell them on to counties that will use them.
                  A hobbiest foundry and forge in progress, plans, suppliers, showcasing ideas

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire

Comment

Guess I'll hear about it soon from Fox, OANN and Newsmax: TRAITOR JOEBAMA SENDS VACCINES ABROAD AS AMERICANS DIE BY THE THOUSANDS!!!!
                    Sleepy joe has saved us all. Nothing to worry about man.

Comment

Originally posted by Greasy View Post
                      Sleepy joe has saved us all. Nothing to worry about man.
                      Nah, he's lousy but anyone looks good next to the turd we good people flushed down

Comment

Do we really need to keep dragging p&r into this thread? You're intentionally trying to bait people at this point. Get it together.

Comment

Or countries will just go with covax as planned.

Comment

A lot of people don't want the JJ vaccine now. ****, works for me. One shot vs two, and easier to transport.

Comment

A lot of people don't want the JJ vaccine now. ****, works for me. One shot vs two, and easier to transport.
                              Why don't they want the JJ vaccine?
                              Lenovo x61t - Display : 12.1 (Multi-Touch) - CPU : Intel Lv7700 @1.8ghz - Graphics : Intel GMA X3100 graphics - Chipset : Intel 965 Express - Communication : Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
                              10/100/1000 Ethernet - RAM : G.skill ddr2 800 4gb - Storage : G.Skill 64 SSD(SLC) - Battery : 8cell

Current Desktop [2016]
                              Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 860Pro 512GB/ 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w

Comment

Originally posted by 0091/2 View Post
                                I'm guessing either because it's slightly less effective than the other two shots or something that is seriously P&R. Anyways by the time I qualify the side effects of the JJ shot should be well known. Hopefully the JJ shot makes you feel less cruddy which would be a factor if I even get to choose which one to have.

Comment

Originally posted by dodger View Post
                                  I'm guessing either because it's slightly less effective than the other two shots or something that is seriously P&R. Anyways by the time I qualify the side effects of the JJ shot should be well known. Hopefully the JJ shot makes you feel less cruddy which would be a factor if I even get to choose which one to have.
                                  No, you nailed it. It's the data people are seeing that puts it at 70-80% thus causing it to be labeled as inferior

Comment

#PfizerMasterRace

Comment

Originally posted by dodger View Post
                                      It's not slightly less effective. It's 66.3% effective vs the 95% effective for the Pfizer vaccine and 94.1% for Moderna vaccine.
                                      Originally posted by David O. McKay
                                      The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
                                      Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                                      Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

Comment

I want the phizer or Moderna, and would pay extra.
                                        (How its made matters, JJ used stem cells from an aborted child to develope. Yes I know its all from one child in the 70s. Doesn't change it.

Catholics and pro life people will want Moderna or Phizer.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
                                        1 Peter 2:9

Originally posted by Vengeance
                                        :heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.

Comment

Originally posted by A2597 View Post
                                          I want the phizer or Moderna, and would pay extra.
                                          (How its made matters, JJ used stem cells from an aborted child to develope. Yes I know its all from one child in the 70s. Doesn't change it.

Catholics and pro life people will want Moderna or Phizer.
                                          What the **** is this bullshit? Is this a troll post?

I also have bad news for you regarding all moderen approved vaccines and stem cells..

Yay more PR in not PR
                                          Last edited by Canesfan2020; Mar 13, 2021, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 0091/2 View Post
                                            They see 66% vs 95%. What they don't realize is those numbers come from very diff tests. The moderna and phizer tests were done prior to the new mutations in SA. The JJ trial included those areas in their testing.

What I find really even more troubling is, I'm seeing a lot of chatter from black friends of mine on social media about how they think that JJ will be all that's made available in their areas, and warning others not to get it, because white folks aren't getting it.

Comment

They see 66% vs 95%. What they don't realize is those numbers come from very diff tests. The moderna and phizer tests were done prior to the new mutations in SA. The JJ trial included those areas in their testing.

What I find really even more troubling is, I'm seeing a lot of chatter from black friends of mine on social media about how they think that JJ will be all that's made available in their areas, and warning others not to get it, because white folks aren't getting it.
                                              This is interesting. Alot of places around here you don't even know which one you're getting until ass in chair

Comment

Correct, but sadly most will see the "lower" number and turn down the vaccine.

Comment

Originally posted by Canesfan2020 View Post
                                                  This is interesting. Alot of places around here you don't even know which one you're getting until ass in chair
                                                  Exactly! Atrium health shows on their site what vaccine is being distributed at mass vaccine sites, but nothing about appointments made for their other facilities.

Either way, the last thing we need is morons saying don't get JJ on social media, because they think it's some how tied to race.

I will happily take whatever I can get once available to me.

Comment

I'd take whatever. I'm still waiting for another round of first doses. Couple guys I work with got their 2nd dose already. I keep ending up in Europe when they do the first dose...

Comment

Just saw this posted on facebook by a black friend. The comments were even worse. Media will say, "people of color aren't getting vaccinated as fast as whites". Well **** like this is why!.

Comment

The J&J is 100% effective against hospitalizations (at least in their trials), even if only 65% effective against infection. By the numbers it looks better but as the Pfizer/Moderna products make their way into peoples' blood for longer periods of time, and adverse effects prove to be extremely uncommon, I'm more likely to choose the ones that have been on market for longer.

(Since this thread seems to double as a vaccine blog...) I was volunteered to get the Pfizer vaccine. I can get the first shot as early as Friday... just have to schedule the appointment.

Comment

When is V2 rolling out. I am waiting on that one.

Comment

You know, with the amount of anti-vaxers out there I'm surprised no one here came out publicly against the COVID vaccines!
                                                            I'm guessing all of Rage3d has been paid by Gates and the 5G conglomerate...

Comment

You know, with the amount of anti-vaxers out there I'm surprised no one here came out publicly against the COVID vaccines!
                                                              I'm guessing all of Rage3d has been paid by Gates and the 5G conglomerate...
                                                              Given that anti-vaxxers are a special kind of human sandpaper crazy and generally hold all sorts of other obnoxious, anti-intelligence, conspiracy theory-driven views; my guess is that we would have driven them out of her long ago. And with the R3D server hamster being on it's last legs and the registration system likely broken, no new assholes can get in

Comment

meanwhile our gov had a new idea, covid-self-test-kits. We're currently buying them in bulk for everyone working here (work agency)

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Comment

Got the 2nd dose last night. Slept like **** because my arm was sore. Hopefully it doesn't knock me on my ass today, but I'm working from home in case it does.
                                                                  Originally posted by IamHere
                                                                  You guys are closet communists.

Comment

Two weeks from now cases are going to rise sharply. Good old spring break in FL.

Comment

Two weeks from now cases are going to rise sharply. Good old spring break in FL.
                                                                      Yeah I'm waiting for the reports to start coming in.

Comment

not looking good for astrazeneca https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN2B71UM

Germany has suspended use of AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine, Health Minister Jens Spahn said on Monday, making it the latest of several European countries to hit pause following reports of blood coagulation disorders in recipients.
                                                                        "World's First Analyst and Therapist: the Analrapist"
                                                                        "Part time Cork Soaker"

Comment

Someone help me understand this: a dozen or so patients out of 6+ millions developed clotting and they decided to stop vaccination altogether? Doesn't it seem like an extremely low threshold?!

Comment

Originally posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
                                                                            I can get the first shot as early as Friday... just have to schedule the appointment.
                                                                            They scheduled my appointment for me. First shot on Wednesday.

The whole reason is I need to travel outside of the country, and it might be an easier time if I have proof of vaccination. In my reading up on the Pfizer vaccine, it's shown to be highly effective against asymptomatic spread. Thanks Israel for being a petri dish.

Pfizer's vaccine is successful in preventing not only symptomatic COVID-19, but also asymptomatic disease according to new data, and effective against the UK variant.

*not peer reviewed.

Comment

Felt pretty miserable almost exactly 24hrs after the shot, wound up going to bed at 9:30 last night, and the funk lifted sometime in the middle of the night. Never had a vaccine make me feel that bad, and my wife had it worse than I did.
                                                                              Originally posted by IamHere
                                                                              You guys are closet communists.

Comment

Originally posted by Elysian View Post
                                                                                Felt pretty miserable almost exactly 24hrs after the shot, wound up going to bed at 9:30 last night, and the funk lifted sometime in the middle of the night. Never had a vaccine make me feel that bad, and my wife had it worse than I did.
                                                                                Based on the small sample of folks I know that have got their second shot, only 1 our of the 6 had what you described. Ironically she was the youngest of them all.

Comment

List of countries shelving the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine is growing, but among 17 million people given the drug, fewer than 40 have developed blood clots.

The Anglo-Swedish pharmaceutical company that teamed up with the prestigious university to produce the drug has said that a review of 17 million people in the U.K. and Europe who've received the vaccine found that fewer than 40 developed blood clots — "even lower than you'd expect to find in the general population," AstraZeneca said.
                                                                                  The incidence of clotting is similar to that seen with all vaccines, CBS News has found, including the Moderna and Pfizer formulas currently being used in the U.S.

Denmark, Iceland and Norway were among the first to halt use of the Oxford University-developed vaccine on March 11. The following day, Thailand abruptly slammed the brakes on the vaccine just before it was set to be rolled out. That decision was reversed on Tuesday as the Thai Prime Minister got his first dose of the vaccine and urged his fellow Thais to do the same.

Bulgaria, Ireland, the Netherlands, Germany, France and Spain have also decided to suspend use of the vaccine, with some saying they would wait at least until the European Medicines Agency — the EU's pharmaceutical regulator — issues new guidance on the vaccine it approved weeks ago. The agency's expert panel was gathering Tuesday to review data on clots.
                                                                                  If the clotting incidents are similar, or even better than other vaccines...I understand wanting to be cautious, but this seems a bit extreme to focus on one manufacturer if the others, or even the general population as mentioned, have similar rates.

Am I missing something? I would love for this pandemic to be stamped out, but for that to happen it needs to be stamped out everywhere.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X