Official Thread: Coronavirus "COVID-19"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Higgy10 View Post
    i dont want to send anyone to jail but... knowingly spreading a communicable disease is a crime and quite a serious one at that

in a just world that idiot should get one count of negligence causing bodily harm(per person infected) and if someone dies, it gets upgraded to negligence causing death. Not sure what the american equivalent would be
    It's hard talking about it since my nephew should have known better, but his friend who had it? I do think there ought to be charges....I don't know what form they would take, but there is precedent recently. This kids actions aren't the same as the example below, but it's the closest I can think of atm....

A southern Utah man might be looking at assault charges after police say he began coughing on people intentionally during a political argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy8s View Post
      It's hard talking about it since my nephew should have known better, but his friend who had it? I do think there ought to be charges....I don't know what form they would take, but there is precedent recently. This kids actions aren't the same as the example below, but it's the closest I can think of atm....

https://kslnewsradio.com/1935252/uta...sault-charges/
      The friend theres no question he deserves to be charged, your nephew... id say no but he definitely deserves the dunce cap and being banished to the corner of the room for an unspecified amount of time.

I had this discussion with my son and his friends(very one sided discussion tho) I prolly shouldnt get into the details of what i said, rage3d would not approve of my parenting strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by Higgy10 View Post
        The friend theres no question he deserves to be charged, your nephew... id say no but he definitely deserves the dunce cap and being banished to the corner of the room for an unspecified amount of time.

I had this discussion with my son and his friends(very one sided discussion tho) I prolly shouldnt get into the details of what i said, rage3d would not approve of my parenting strategy.
        My nephew is getting more than a dunce cap...if he hasn't already. As mentioned his wife is a nurse who works daily on the front lines of this pandemic. I've heard his home life is pretty difficult for him right now

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy8s View Post
          My nephew is getting more than a dunce cap...if he hasn't already. As mentioned his wife is a nurse who works daily on the front lines of this pandemic. I've heard his home life is pretty difficult for him right now
          Sounds like a possible split up is incoming if your nephew gets infected due to his own stupidity. He better hope he doesn't become positive in the next few weeks...

As a side note, I had it myself a couple weeks ago. Overall my symptoms were mild/moderate (fever, terrible body aches, cough, fatigue, slightly short of breath from time to time, loss of taste, smell, and appetite) but I did recover and am covid free as of Monday, though I still have a nagging cough and a little fatigue. I got it from my g/f but we aren't sure where she got it from. These days could be anything, especially since we live in an apartment. Even touching a railing could have done it, who knows. We took all the precautions and were always wearing masks, washing hands, using sanitizers, and it still didn't matter. This is the most contagious thing I've ever seen.

Even though my symptoms were relatively tolerable, I don't want to go through it again. The constant up and down of feeling bad to good to bad again sucked. Even worse is I had to take care of my dad who had it too and I had to stay under quarantine with him even though I don't live at the his house. Because I had Covid, I couldn't get any help and had to take care of an elderly sick person while being sick myself. I should have been in bed resting, but I was lucky if I got 3 or 4 hours of sleep before I had to get up and assist him for a little over a week.

Yeah that was fun.
          Last edited by xCLAVEx; Jan 8, 2021, 08:58 AM.
          "Ok to lose to opponent, must not lose to fear!"
          ~Mr. Myagi.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
          ~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".

Comment

Originally posted by xCLAVEx View Post
            Sounds like a possible split up is incoming if your nephew gets infected due to his own stupidity. He better hope he doesn't become positive in the next few weeks...

As a side note, I had it myself a couple weeks ago. Overall my symptoms were mild/moderate (fever, terrible body aches, cough, fatigue, slightly short of breath from time to time) but I did recover and am covid free as of Monday, though I still have a nagging cough and a little fatigue. I got it from my g/f but we aren't sure where she got it from. These days could be anything, especially since we live in an apartment. Even touching a railing could have done it, who knows. We took all the precautions and were always wearing masks, washing hands, using sanitizers, and it still didn't matter. This is the most contagious thing I've ever seen.

Even though my symptoms were relatively tolerable, I don't want to go through it again. The constant up and down of feeling bad to good to bad again sucked. Even worse is I had to take care of my dad who had it too and I had to stay under quarantine with him even though I don't live at the his house. Because I had Covid, I couldn't get any help and had to take care of an elderly sick person while being sick myself. I should have been in bed resting, but I was lucky if I got 3 or 4 hours of sleep before I had to get up and assist him for a little over a week.

Yeah that was fun.
            You missed my earlier post, they both have it.

And I sure hope you don't go through it again. What you dealt with is grueling..

Comment

Ouch, glad you pulled through with the milder symptoms, hope your gf and dad are over it and doing fine. Mom who is old is scheduled to get her first shot on the 20th, while that's sooner than we expected it's still 12 days away!

Comment

Sent my kids 2 days at school. Little kid has cough and flu already. Took to the doctor and got him a covid test. Awaiting results. Hopefully it is nothing but it is going to suck ass if he has it (for all of us). There is no way for us to quarantine anything.

Comment

Originally posted by dodger View Post
                  Ouch, glad you pulled through with the milder symptoms, hope your gf and dad are over it and doing fine. Mom who is old is scheduled to get her first shot on the 20th, while that's sooner than we expected it's still 12 days away!
                  Dad ended up in the hospital and is still there but he never had breathing difficulties, he just got so weak he couldn't stand and is soon going to have to go through extensive physical therapy to get back on his feet. Part of that was that he wasn't eating anything for like a week, but as of yesterday his appetite is returning and he's eating like a horse (so I hear). So that's good.

My g/f had some more frightening symptoms. She was mildly sick at first, sore throat, cough, weakness and dizziness, but then she started to develop chest tightness that lasted for about 7 days. They say it's at 7-10 days after symptoms start that you see whether or not you are going to get better or worse, it's when you see which direction the virus is going. Thankfully, for all of us, it seems to have gone in the right direction. A couple times she had a little trouble breathing too. I was afraid she was starting to get pneumonia because she kept saying it wasn't improving. Then she said the "tightness moved" from her chest to her side (wtf?) and after that it started to gradually fade away. She's mostly good now, just that nagging cough that we both still have. She tested positive the same day I did, but she had symptoms about a week before I did so she's likely negative by now too.

Also got word last night that an Aunt of mine in Virginia has Covid, was in the hospital and sent home and she's elderly too, alone, and can't get any help because nobody can go into the home for fear of getting covid. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND, I found out another Aunt of mine in South Carolina is in the hospital for pneumonia, chest pains, and fluid around her heart. She tested negative on the rapid test, but the dr.s aren't sure they believe it so they gave her a PCR but the results are still pending.

That's the part they don't tell you about having covid and you don't realize until you encounter it; there's nobody to help you unless you are in the hospital. Nobody can come over and take care of you, nobody can help make you food, nobody can help you walk, nobody can bring you water (maybe to your front door), you can't go to a Dr.s office or clinic (they won't take you), you are literally on your own until you test negative.
                  Sheesh.

One thing to note, covid is a great weight loss program. I lost 20 pounds during my sick time.
                  Last edited by xCLAVEx; Jan 8, 2021, 08:35 AM.
                  ~Mr. Myagi.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
                  ~George Carlin

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".

Comment

Originally posted by KAC View Post
                    Sent my kids 2 days at school. Little kid has cough and flu already. Took to the doctor and got him a covid test. Awaiting results. Hopefully it is nothing but it is going to suck ass if he has it (for all of us). There is no way for us to quarantine anything.
                    Your kids would be fine, they are rarely sick more than 3 days with covid. It's you and your wife and any adults living there you'd have to be concerned for (including maids).
                    ~Mr. Myagi.

~George Carlin

Comment

I hope you can get through with minimal symptoms/side effects and that those pending tests are negative.

I had not noticed yet thanks to the chaos in the US at the moment, but we've had to days of record number new cases and deaths, and from the trajectory of the infection rate, we're not yet at the peak that looked sort of like it was at the very end of 2020.
                      Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
                      Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
                      HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

Kid doesn’t have covid. Relieved doesn’t quite cover it.

Comment

Good to hear KAC. Stay safe man

Comment

Great news for the whole family!
                            Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
                            Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
                            HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

xCLAVEx, sending good vibes your dad and your aunts ways.

Mom is actually doing PT now for some knees surgery that she hid from me til the last minute, last month. While still on a cane she's walking lots better and a lot less pain but I was not pleased to say the least. Never had knee issues so I can't judge the risk/reward but it was considered elective so she did well to spring it on me. I don't know the name of the procedure, just that it really only takes 15min but they have to put you under. Afterwards there are just some holes around the knees plus you have cantaloupes for knees for a day or two.

Comment

I got the Moderna vaccine dose 1 on Friday- on Saturday I was totally lethargic and achy. Sunday (today) I'm feeling ok, with just a tiny bit of soreness at the injection site.
                                Are your pockets full of macaroni and cheese, too?

See more of my horrible photos, and a few good ones here.

Comment

Originally posted by UberBeavis View Post
                                  I got the Moderna vaccine dose 1 on Friday- on Saturday I was totally lethargic and achy. Sunday (today) I'm feeling ok, with just a tiny bit of soreness at the injection site.
                                  How did you get it so early?

Comment

Originally posted by Java Cool Dude View Post
                                    How did you get it so early?
                                    IIRC doesn't he work in a care facility?
                                    | Fractal Design Define R5 | ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD 5800x 3D w/ Noctua DH-15 | 16GB G.Skill Flare-X | Aorus 2080 Super Waterforce Edition | HP Omen 27i |

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."

Comment

My sister, a nurse, is putting it off as long as possible. As a covid-19 survivor, this infuriates me. Struggling to keep my mouth shut.

Comment

Apparently some dude got the Pfizer vaccine and died. Also CEO of Pfizer sold a bunch of his stock on approval of the vaccine. Very dodgy.

Comment

That's the part they don't tell you about having covid and you don't realize until you encounter it; there's nobody to help you unless you are in the hospital. Nobody can come over and take care of you, nobody can help make you food, nobody can help you walk, nobody can bring you water (maybe to your front door), you can't go to a Dr.s office or clinic (they won't take you), you are literally on your own until you test negative.
                                          Sheesh.
                                          That's one of the justifications we have for leaving my mother-in-law in a nursing home. At least there there's medical care. If she came home and contracted it she'd be completely SOL. No more aids would come, my wife would probably get it as she has to be there full time, etc, etc. We debated greatly and decided the extra risk of exposure was worth actually having access to care/treatment.
                                          A hobbiest foundry and forge in progress, plans, suppliers, showcasing ideas

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire

Comment

Originally posted by MyTMouse View Post
                                            Thank God psychos like you don't run the world. Stupid people tick me off too but entertaining to ideas like that, even if it's just hyperbole, is asinine
                                            I wasn't being serious. You can't force people to get vaccinated but it would certainly help if it was.
                                            Intel Core i5 4690 | ASUS Z87-A | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR3-1600
                                            Gigabyte GTX 1070 8 GB | Intel 730 Series 240 GB SSD | Asus Xonar DG 5.1 Audio
                                            Dell U2410 Monitor | Antec Three Hundred Two Case | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G400 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Originally posted by Saggypoo
                                            It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.

Comment

i have first shot vaccine appointment confirmation for both my parents same time on the 28th

at midnight

Comment

Apparently the days supervisor at the warehouse was probably exposed by a close relative, so now we wait to see what his test comes back as. Fun times.
                                                "When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it." - Dilbert's pointy hair boss

"Relationships are like dormant volcanoes, most of the time things are fine or manageable but there's always a chance she blows molten crazy all over you." - ice

Comment

Originally posted by Lupine View Post
                                                  My sister, a nurse, is putting it off as long as possible. As a covid-19 survivor, this infuriates me. Struggling to keep my mouth shut.
                                                  BTW. How have you been feeling? Didn't hear much from you when you were down with it.

Comment

Chinese vaccine shows 50% efficacy in Brazil. Gays saying numbers were false. Seems same for Pfizer. Going to wait out the vaccination for now.

Comment

Chinese vaccine shows 50% efficacy in Brazil. Gays saying numbers were false. Seems same for Pfizer. Going to wait out the vaccination for now.
                                                      Could also be that we're dealing with a different strain currently.
                                                      | Fractal Design Define R5 | ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD 5800x 3D w/ Noctua DH-15 | 16GB G.Skill Flare-X | Aorus 2080 Super Waterforce Edition | HP Omen 27i |

"Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."

Comment

Originally posted by Jay20016 View Post
                                                        Could also be that we're dealing with a different strain currently.
                                                        Could be anything, really.

Comment

Get your RGB mask.

Comment

Some days I want to give up on humanity. I just saw a post on facebook saying, "wake up sheeple the govt is trying to control your lives with this hoax". If that's not bad enough the first comment was: "Got it, had it, not that bad".

Yes dumbass we know that it doesn't kill everyone, and hell half the people that get it don't even know they have it. We also know that it DOES kill a lot of people, and it's going to keep doing so if people don't stop being selfish asshats!

Comment

Get your RGB mask.
                                                              https://youtu.be/FvWiCclESL8
                                                              Is today 4/1?

Wow this is real. OK, so if I can change my voice to sound like Darth Vader, I'm buying one! LOL
                                                              Last edited by Greasy; Jan 14, 2021, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greasy View Post
                                                                Is today 4/1?

Wow this is real. OK, so if I can change my voice to sound like Darth Vader, I'm buying one! LOL
                                                                So far it's just a concept. You can't buy them.
                                                                I have nothing witty to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuku2 View Post
                                                                  So far it's just a concept. You can't buy them.

Comment

I want to wear one to work and have everyone look funny at me!

Comment

Close family friend is on a ventilator, doing really poorly (they have her upside down and shes become delusional in what shes saying due to fever). Really hope she pulls through, wear your masks people
                                                                      "In the year 2004, ATi fans marveled in their own magnificence as ATi gave birth to catalyst A.I . We don't know who struck first, nVidia or us, but it is us who scorched the IQ forever"
                                                                      R.I.P Vasi, 2002-2011
                                                                      R.I.P Muha, 2010-2021

Comment

My dad is doing much better. Incredibly, he never had any lung or breathing problems. He's still testing as "positive" for Covid, but he's now asymptomatic according to the facility he's in. He was in the Hospital for about a week, but they transferred him to a physical rehab facility because he doesn't medically need to be in a hospital anymore even though he's still positive (going on 3 weeks now). They don't think he's contagious anymore, but they said some people take longer to get over it and that he could potentially test positive for 90 days. Sucky thing is, while he tests positive I can't visit him and he's feeling isolated. At least he's doing better, he just now needs physical rehab because he lost all mobility likely due to laying down and not moving for over a week.

As for my g/f and I we have made full recoveries. I recovered in the typical 2 weeks, and she did too. We both had very different symptoms though (hers were scary, mine were annoying) but we are good now except for a nagging cough.
                                                                        ~Mr. Myagi.

~George Carlin

Comment

Glad you're all doing better xCLAVEx! Good to hear some good news

Comment

If you have intercourse with someone who recovered from COVID-19 and presumably built immunity against it, do anti-bodies get transferred over to you? Asking for a friend

Comment

Originally posted by Java Cool Dude View Post
                                                                              If you have intercourse with someone who recovered from COVID-19 and presumably built immunity against it, do anti-bodies get transferred over to you? Asking for a friend
                                                                              ~Mr. Myagi.

~George Carlin

Comment

Worth a "shot"

Comment

Were you wearing masks?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X