Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Thread: Coronavirus "COVID-19"

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Thanks, Danke.

    I don't think we have it, but keeping a paranoid eye on things.
    Fantards the scourge of the universe:

    Comment


      whew came back negative. Back to work I go.
      Fantards the scourge of the universe:

      Comment


        Nice.

        I have a coworker who refuses to telework unless explicitly told to. Yesterday he coughed three times, which is not unusual. But the way these sounded... deep, gutteral, painful. I had to GTFO of there. Teleworking today but need to be in the building tomorrow and Thursday. Going to turn my fan on and cross my fingers.

        Comment


          Originally posted by SirBaron View Post
          whew came back negative. Back to work I go.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
            Nice.

            I have a coworker who refuses to telework unless explicitly told to. Yesterday he coughed three times, which is not unusual. But the way these sounded... deep, gutteral, painful. I had to GTFO of there. Teleworking today but need to be in the building tomorrow and Thursday. Going to turn my fan on and cross my fingers.
            Management won't tell him to get out/get tested?

            Comment


              Originally posted by Lazy8s View Post
              Management won't tell him to get out/get tested?
              He smokes. So he coughs. I'm being hyper-paranoid but going to take precautions where I can, reasonably.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
                He smokes. So he coughs. I'm being hyper-paranoid but going to take precautions where I can, reasonably.
                Paranoid isnt a bad way to be these days lol.

                Comment


                  Just got the first of 2 shots of the Moderna vaccine. Feels basically like a flu shot... Pretty mild symptoms.

                  Next shot is in early Feb. Patients here all got done their first shot today. We need at least 75% of people to take this thing for it to work.
                  I talked to the tree. Thats why they put me away!..." Peter Sellers, The Goon Show
                  Only superficial people cant be superficial... Oscar Wilde

                  Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 22.7.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

                  Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

                  Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
                  "Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
                  "The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

                  www.realitysandwich.com

                  www.plasma-universe.com/pseudoskepticism/

                  Comment


                    Good to hear Baron

                    Comment


                      Sent my kids to school for first time for this year. I am paranoid af right now.

                      Comment






                        --

                        We had a terrible outbreak in a retirement home not far from where i work. Around 15 people already died, over 100 got infected.

                        And still some people think it's just a flu, boggles my mind....


                        ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

                        "Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*


                        ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

                        Comment


                          and as usual the facebook comments on this article is

                          "why is BBC constantly promoting propaganda"

                          "she would have died from the flu anyway"

                          "some people will die, but we need to start living etc."
                          Fantards the scourge of the universe:

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by SirBaron View Post
                            and as usual the facebook comments on this article is

                            "why is BBC constantly promoting propaganda"

                            "she would have died from the flu anyway"

                            "some people will die, but we need to start living etc."

                            Best in people and the worst in people, just like every other disaster. Just now when can share our inhumanity on social media!!

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by pax View Post
                              Just got the first of 2 shots of the Moderna vaccine. Feels basically like a flu shot... Pretty mild symptoms.

                              Next shot is in early Feb. Patients here all got done their first shot today. We need at least 75% of people to take this thing for it to work.
                              I hope as the vaccine rolls out, those that refuse it are arrested and forced to be given it, unless they have a legit reason. Yea it'd never happen. Just saying though.
                              Intel Core i5 4690 | ASUS Z87-A | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR3-1600
                              Gigabyte GTX 1070 8 GB | Intel 730 Series 240 GB SSD | Asus Xonar DG 5.1 Audio
                              Dell U2410 Monitor | Antec Three Hundred Two Case | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G400 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

                              Originally posted by Saggypoo
                              It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.

                              Comment


                                Texas had 31k new cases yesterday. This state is hopeless.
                                Originally posted by IamHere
                                You guys are closet communists.

                                Comment




                                  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

                                  "Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*


                                  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Alientank View Post
                                    I hope as the vaccine rolls out, those that refuse it are arrested and forced to be given it, unless they have a legit reason. Yea it'd never happen. Just saying though.
                                    There are a shitload of healthcare workers refusing the vaccine. They are afraid of the side effects apparently and of not knowing.
                                    "Ok to lose to opponent, must not lose to fear!"
                                    ~Mr. Myagi.

                                    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
                                    ~George Carlin

                                    "A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."

                                    "It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by Alientank View Post
                                      I hope as the vaccine rolls out, those that refuse it are arrested and forced to be given it, unless they have a legit reason. Yea it'd never happen. Just saying though.
                                      There are workers at my healthcare facility that are refusing to take it... 64 out of 69 of the patients did tho so thats encouraging (some patients had medical reasons). But I can only imagine the population at large.
                                      I talked to the tree. Thats why they put me away!..." Peter Sellers, The Goon Show
                                      Only superficial people cant be superficial... Oscar Wilde

                                      Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 22.7.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

                                      Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

                                      Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
                                      "Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
                                      "The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

                                      www.realitysandwich.com

                                      www.plasma-universe.com/pseudoskepticism/

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by xCLAVEx View Post
                                        There are a shitload of healthcare workers refusing the vaccine. They are afraid of the side effects apparently and of not knowing.
                                        same here at our university hospitals.


                                        ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

                                        "Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*


                                        ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by Alientank View Post
                                          I hope as the vaccine rolls out, those that refuse it are arrested and forced to be given it, unless they have a legit reason. Yea it'd never happen. Just saying though.
                                          There's an excellent business opportunity here. Put the ones who refuse on an island, then charge admission for healthcare workers to administer the vaccine via a dart gun safari style. Televise the "medical procedure" for additional monetization.

                                          Just imagine the sponsors: "Today's vaccination adventure brought to you by our corporate sponsors Bushnell, and Bayer..."
                                          "When you find a big kettle of crazy, it's best not to stir it." - Dilbert's pointy hair boss

                                          "Relationships are like dormant volcanoes, most of the time things are fine or manageable but there's always a chance she blows molten crazy all over you." - ice

                                          Comment


                                            Originally posted by cbsboyer View Post
                                            There's an excellent business opportunity here. Put the ones who refuse on an island, then charge admission for healthcare workers to administer the vaccine via a dart gun safari style. Televise the "medical procedure" for additional monetization.

                                            Just imagine the sponsors: "Today's vaccination adventure brought to you by our corporate sponsors Bushnell, and Bayer..."
                                            I'd honestly pay for that.
                                            Intel Core i5 4690 | ASUS Z87-A | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR3-1600
                                            Gigabyte GTX 1070 8 GB | Intel 730 Series 240 GB SSD | Asus Xonar DG 5.1 Audio
                                            Dell U2410 Monitor | Antec Three Hundred Two Case | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G400 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

                                            Originally posted by Saggypoo
                                            It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.

                                            Comment


                                              Originally posted by Alientank View Post
                                              I hope as the vaccine rolls out, those that refuse it are arrested and forced to be given it, unless they have a legit reason. Yea it'd never happen. Just saying though.
                                              Originally posted by cbsboyer View Post
                                              There's an excellent business opportunity here. Put the ones who refuse on an island, then charge admission for healthcare workers to administer the vaccine via a dart gun safari style. Televise the "medical procedure" for additional monetization.

                                              Just imagine the sponsors: "Today's vaccination adventure brought to you by our corporate sponsors Bushnell, and Bayer..."
                                              Thank God psychos like you don't run the world. Stupid people tick me off too but entertaining to ideas like that, even if it's just hyperbole, is asinine

                                              Comment


                                                Yeah those posts are ****ing weird and really scary how quick people turn on their neighbor.
                                                Originally posted by curio
                                                Eat this protein bar, for it is of my body. And drink this creatine shake, for it is my blood.
                                                "If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

                                                Comment


                                                  Another set of my in laws got it now. Both anti-maskers, both LE, both turned down the vaccine. Idiots I wonder if they still think it's a hoax?

                                                  Comment


                                                    I still only know one singular person who's had it. Insane how some of you guys know 5+ people who have had it.

                                                    Wild.
                                                    Originally posted by curio
                                                    Eat this protein bar, for it is of my body. And drink this creatine shake, for it is my blood.
                                                    "If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

                                                    Comment


                                                      Originally posted by Nunz View Post
                                                      I still only know one singular person who's had it. Insane how some of you guys know 5+ people who have had it.

                                                      Wild.
                                                      I don't know anyone that has it...at least I hope I don't.
                                                      I have nothing witty to say.

                                                      Comment


                                                        Originally posted by Nunz View Post
                                                        I still only know one singular person who's had it. Insane how some of you guys know 5+ people who have had it.

                                                        Wild.
                                                        How about ~14ish? That's just my extended family.

                                                        One inlaw is a cop, it spread from him to his wife, son and future daughter in law.

                                                        One nephew went to a bar with a friend who had it....what the honest f'k was he thinking? He spread it to his parents, and to his wife - who is an RN and on the front lines of this - as well as to his sister, her husband and thier kids.

                                                        Then the couple I mentioned just above.

                                                        I can't wait to ask him if his trip to the bar was worth it, when I see him face to face.

                                                        Comment


                                                          Wait, so his friend knew he had COVID and went to a bar anyway? Yeah that's next level stupid.. and your nephew isn't winning any Darwin awards.

                                                          That's insane man. I hope you and your immediate fam stay safe and healthy. I just can't fathom that many people getting it. It's almost like people are trying to get it..

                                                          Luckily my family has been smart. My sister is borderline obsessive about it, probably unhealthy to be honest. She's got a ton of anxiety over it due to living with our father and grandmother. If anything, the fear of COVID has done more damage to her than the actual virus, which is crazy to think about. She had to go to a doctor and get some anxiety medication. I don't really understand that level of panic but I also have a different mindset because I have to do the things I do for work. I don't have much choice.
                                                          Originally posted by curio
                                                          Eat this protein bar, for it is of my body. And drink this creatine shake, for it is my blood.
                                                          "If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

                                                          Comment


                                                            Next level stupid is a pretty appropriate description. My wife and I and my side of the family are avoiding them like the literal plague right now.

                                                            It's genuinley scary tbh....I hate to say it, but I don't even care about the anti-masker couple, not after the crap they threw at my wife and I, but the rest.....this really sucks.

                                                            Comment


                                                              Originally posted by cbsboyer View Post
                                                              There's an excellent business opportunity here. Put the ones who refuse on an island, then charge admission for healthcare workers to administer the vaccine via a dart gun safari style. Televise the "medical procedure" for additional monetization.

                                                              Just imagine the sponsors: "Today's vaccination adventure brought to you by our corporate sponsors Bushnell, and Bayer..."

                                                              Comment


                                                                Originally posted by Lazy8s View Post
                                                                How about ~14ish? That's just my extended family.

                                                                One inlaw is a cop, it spread from him to his wife, son and future daughter in law.

                                                                One nephew went to a bar with a friend who had it....what the honest f'k was he thinking? He spread it to his parents, and to his wife - who is an RN and on the front lines of this - as well as to his sister, her husband and thier kids.

                                                                Then the couple I mentioned just above.

                                                                I can't wait to ask him if his trip to the bar was worth it, when I see him face to face.
                                                                Daughter came home for Christmas. Boyfriend/fiance was supposed to visit, too. BUT, his sister came down with COVID. Turns out, she was at a small gathering and one of the people KNEW THEY WERE POSITIVE WITH COVID!

                                                                SMH

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Originally posted by mizzer View Post
                                                                  Daughter came home for Christmas. Boyfriend/fiance was supposed to visit, too. BUT, his sister came down with COVID. Turns out, she was at a small gathering and one of the people KNEW THEY WERE POSITIVE WITH COVID!

                                                                  SMH
                                                                  Mind blowing isn't it?

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    sorry to say that, Lazy, but after all we've witnessed the past 4 years, nothing can really surpise me anymore when it comes to stupid people.


                                                                    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

                                                                    "Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*


                                                                    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Originally posted by Silent-Runner View Post
                                                                      sorry to say that, Lazy, but after all we've witnessed the past 4 years, nothing can really surpise me anymore when it comes to stupid people.
                                                                      Nor I my friend. Call it what it is....and it's stupid.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Originally posted by Lazy8s View Post
                                                                        Nor I my friend. Call it what it is....and it's stupid.
                                                                        Whoa whoa whoa, turn down the rhetoric!
                                                                        | Fractal Design Define R5 | ASUS Crosshair VI Hero | AMD 5800x 3D w/ Noctua DH-15 | 16GB G.Skill Flare-X | Aorus 2080 Super Waterforce Edition | HP Omen 27i |

                                                                        "Don’t waste your time on jealousy. Sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes you’re behind. The race is long and, in the end, it’s only with yourself."

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Originally posted by Jay20016 View Post
                                                                          Whoa whoa whoa, turn down the rhetoric!
                                                                          Don't judge me!



                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Originally posted by Lazy8s View Post
                                                                            How about ~14ish? That's just my extended family.

                                                                            One inlaw is a cop, it spread from him to his wife, son and future daughter in law.

                                                                            One nephew went to a bar with a friend who had it....what the honest f'k was he thinking? He spread it to his parents, and to his wife - who is an RN and on the front lines of this - as well as to his sister, her husband and thier kids.

                                                                            Then the couple I mentioned just above.

                                                                            I can't wait to ask him if his trip to the bar was worth it, when I see him face to face.
                                                                            i dont want to send anyone to jail but... knowingly spreading a communicable disease is a crime and quite a serious one at that

                                                                            in a just world that idiot should get one count of negligence causing bodily harm(per person infected) and if someone dies, it gets upgraded to negligence causing death. Not sure what the american equivalent would be

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              Originally posted by xCLAVEx View Post
                                                                              There are a shitload of healthcare workers refusing the vaccine. They are afraid of the side effects apparently and of not knowing.
                                                                              I just don't understand the reasoning, considering we know that getting the actual disease can be bad. If it was something uncommon or whatever, then fine take your chances, but since you're very likely going to be exposed to the real thing sooner or later, I'd be eager to get the vaccine.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                Since we're sharing stories of stupidity, the neighbors's sons don't seem like they are taking the virus very seriously. They are going out all the time, and I've seen them hanging out with friends, driving in the same car with friends, etc. Not sure what the **** they're thinking (probably not), but I've told everyone in my family to give them wide berth. I don't think they've gotten it yet, but they are certainly tempting fate.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  Originally posted by mizzer View Post
                                                                                  one of the people KNEW THEY WERE POSITIVE WITH COVID!

                                                                                  SMH
                                                                                  Honestly, that person should be arrested and charged with attempted murder in the first degree.
                                                                                  Originally posted by David O. McKay
                                                                                  The home is the first and most effective place to learn the lessons of life: truth, honor, virtue, self control, the value of education, honest work, and the purpose and privilege of life. Nothing can take the place of home in rearing and teaching children, and no other success can compensate for failure in the home.
                                                                                  Originally posted by Albert Einstein
                                                                                  Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

                                                                                  Comment

                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                  X