Official Thread: Coronavirus "COVID-19"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazy8s View Post
    annnnd just found out - 2 of my wife's sisters, their husbands, one nephew and his wife, one niece and her husband, and a couple of the kids, all got positive test results today. So practically her entire immediate family nearby discounting me and our kids are all infected.

The primary bright spot at the moment is that none need hospitalization for the time being.

C'mon vaccine...we need you....
    That's big news. Hope they all stay mild.

Every single one of my in-laws has tested positive and even my cracked out MIL dealt with it like it wasn't a thing. All four of our grandparents passed prior to this, so there's that.

Comment

How the hell are so many people getting it though? Is everyone going out for strolls through their local Walmart? Did someone get it at school and bring it home? I just can't figure out how I haven't managed to get it yet due to work when so many people that have very little excuse to be going outside are testing positive.

I guess the perks of being a homebody pay off. I go to work, and go home..
      Originally posted by curio
      Eat this protein bar, for it is of my body. And drink this creatine shake, for it is my blood.
      "If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

Comment

Originally posted by Nunz View Post
        How the hell are so many people getting it though? Is everyone going out for strolls through their local Walmart? Did someone get it at school and bring it home? I just can't figure out how I haven't managed to get it yet due to work when so many people that have very little excuse to be going outside are testing positive.

I guess the perks of being a homebody pay off. I go to work, and go home..
        People are still going out even when they are sick with covid, whether knowingly or not. This disease is what I call "accidentally contagious", meaning it is so contagious you can get somebody sick by practically making eye contact, even with masks on. The flu, cold, rhinoviruses, nothing is even close to the level of contagiousness as this thing is...and there are two even more contagious strains in the U.K. and South Africa.
        "Ok to lose to opponent, must not lose to fear!"
        ~Mr. Myagi.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
        ~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".

Comment

I don't even leave the house for days sometimes a week or more. Scratch that i dont even see the sun for days or sometimes a week lolololol
          Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."

Logical "u dont have to lie to us that u got fired again we dont judge here that your 🌯 weren't up to snuff."

Comment

link

this making its way on reddit... not the inspector's fault imo...
            Originally posted by KAC
            Gays if I had boyfriends your mums wouldn’t have produced your sorry asses.

Comment

Originally posted by bob saget View Post
              link

this making its way on reddit... not the inspector's fault imo...
              The incident unfolded earlier this month when a health inspector traveled to the establishment to make sure coronavirus restrictions were followed.

A local Los Angeles outlet reported that a citation from the health department found two people eating outside, which is against coronavirus restrictions. Roman fired back at the claim that the two people were on a public bench, and his staff did not go out to serve them.
              yea it was

A California restaurant owner was seen on camera blocking a health inspector's car as he pleaded that he needed to remain open to pay his employees. “I’m desperate. Who is going to pay her car payment? Who is going to pay my cook’s rent?” Carlos Roman, of the restaurant Bread & Barley, is heard saying

Comment

interesting. i wonder what specifically the place was not in compliance with if the benches were public... why would he be worried about the pictures if they are not responsible for the public benches (or how they are used) to begin with.
                Originally posted by KAC
                Gays if I had boyfriends your mums wouldn’t have produced your sorry asses.

Comment

I'm seeing a lot of "prayers needed, I have the virus" posts on facebook now from some of the same people that not too long ago were posing: The survival rate is 99.4%...

I mean, I sincerely wish them the best, and hope their cases are mild. Maybe this will help them understand that there is a reason this is called a pandemic.

Comment

Originally posted by Greasy View Post
                    I'm seeing a lot of "prayers needed, I have the virus" posts on facebook now from some of the same people that not too long ago were posing: The survival rate is 99.4%...

I mean, I sincerely wish them the best, and hope their cases are mild. Maybe this will help them understand that there is a reason this is called a pandemic.
                    We can hope, right?

Comment

We can hope, right?
                      Nope, when they beat it they double down on their stupid rethoric: it's no worse than seasonal flu!!!!12!!1

Comment

it won't, and we all know it. Dumb people will be dumb, no matter what.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Comment

My cousin and his wife, who never took this seriously, both came down with COVID. My cousin has lost 40lbs since getting it, dude was pretty overweight already but it's not a great way to lose weight... He had pneumonia, had to go to the ER several times, and is still having problems with it now that he's on the mend. Here's what he told me:

"I'm back at work now but I can't walk long distances or stairs without losing a lung. Lol not that I could do a lot of stairs anyways.

I still can't smell. Fried food tastes terrible to me. Really only eating fruits. I need to lose weight anyway but sucks. I get headaches quite a bit. Found that certain foods I can't digest anymore. Tried pizza last night and it came back up 10 minutes later. Can't eat spicy food."
                          Originally posted by IamHere
                          You guys are closet communists.

Comment

Originally posted by Java Cool Dude View Post
                            Nope, when they beat it they double down on their stupid rethoric: it's no worse than seasonal flu!!!!12!!1
                            Originally posted by Silent-Runner View Post
                            it won't, and we all know it. Dumb people will be dumb, no matter what.
                            I'm sure you're both right....I guess if ICUs at 100% capacity and north of 300k deaths aren't going to change minds, nothing will..

I'm not sure what I'm more afraid of, the pandemic or what it's showing us about people.

Comment

Originally posted by Elysian View Post
                              My cousin and his wife, who never took this seriously, both came down with COVID. My cousin has lost 40lbs since getting it, dude was pretty overweight already but it's not a great way to lose weight... He had pneumonia, had to go to the ER several times, and is still having problems with it now that he's on the mend. Here's what he told me:

"I'm back at work now but I can't walk long distances or stairs without losing a lung. Lol not that I could do a lot of stairs anyways.

I still can't smell. Fried food tastes terrible to me. Really only eating fruits. I need to lose weight anyway but sucks. I get headaches quite a bit. Found that certain foods I can't digest anymore. Tried pizza last night and it came back up 10 minutes later. Can't eat spicy food."
                              I hope they both pull through, and have a different mindset afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by Elysian View Post

In some ways hopefully might kick his ass into taking his health more seriously.
                                Fantards the scourge of the universe:

Comment

LA County hospitals had to turn away ambulances for 12 hours?...jeez

At Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center, the breaking point came Sunday night. There was not one available bed for at least 30 patients who needed intensive or intermediate levels of care, and the…

Comment

LA County hospitals had to turn away ambulances for 12 hours?...jeez

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/l-a...ay-ambulances/
                                    Surging Virus Exposes California’s Weak Spot: A Lack of Hospital Beds and Staff
                                    Many of the state’s hospitals have maintained lower numbers of beds in part to limit the length of patient stays and lower costs. But that approach is now being tested.

AZ is not much better but we don't have near as high of population
                                    South Dakota has the highest number of hospital beds per 1,000 population in the U.S., according to a ranking from the Kaiser Family Foundation.

Comment

Well that didn't take long, new more infectious U.K. variant has arrived in the U.S. now.

Today we discovered Colorado’s first case of the COVID-19 variant B.1.1.7, the same variant discovered in the UK.

The health and safety of Coloradans is our top priority and we will monitor this case, as well as all COVID-19 indicators, very closely.
                                      ~Mr. Myagi.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
                                      ~George Carlin

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".

Comment

It's probably been here for months.

Comment

Originally posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
                                          Guaranteed, it's just now official.
                                          ~Mr. Myagi.

~George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by xCLAVEx View Post
                                            Guaranteed, it's just now official.
                                            My conspiracy brain is pinging hard on this. Vaccine comes out amidst a new strain that we know almost nothing about, and that there are several strains that have been found already that didn't make news, but we need to panic about this one because it's more contagious, but we still don't have a handle on how contagius the original strain was...

Comment

I think this pandemic has sort of brought into focus both the best and worst aspects of humanity. On the one hand, it showcased the highly educated medical researchers developing vaccines, and also health care workers tirelessly working to treat the disease. On the other hand, it has also shone a spotlight on a lot of dumbasses who absolutely refuse to cooperate to help stem the spread. Some people will get COVID simply due to bad luck, especially with how prevalent it now is, but there is certainly a substantial group of people who didn't give a damn and refused to even try not to get it and pass it on.

Anyway, it really makes me wonder about the future of humanity. Can the smart/responsible people really make up for all the absolute idiots, or in the end do we all get dragged down by them?

Comment

Found out today that a friend I met through going to Kings games, passed away on December 23. He had been released from the hospital, and sounded like things were going great the day before.
                                                Are your pockets full of macaroni and cheese, too?

See more of my horrible photos, and a few good ones here.

Comment

Nagorak - The latter is what I think will happen unfortunately, at least in the USA. Watching the movie “Idiocracy” slowly become reality.
                                                  Originally posted by Ozziebloke
                                                  I mean, yeah, sure, there's benefits to a shaved asshole. But get a little sweaty and try and blow a fart. It just sits there like a bubble. No hair to break the seal. Feels weird.

Alpha
                                                  | Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Comment

Originally posted by bill dennison View Post
                                                    Just stay safe as possible buddy...

Comment

Originally posted by UberBeavis View Post
                                                      Found out today that a friend I met through going to Kings games, passed away on December 23. He had been released from the hospital, and sounded like things were going great the day before.
                                                      Sorry to hear that Uber

Comment

Originally posted by Cyko View Post
                                                        Nagorak - The latter is what I think will happen unfortunately, at least in the USA. Watching the movie “Idiocracy” slowly become reality.
                                                        It is. My wife's sister in TX just refused the vaccine "on principle".

The wife and I are in agreement. The dumbass isn't allowed on our property or anywhere near family here. Don't even bother showing up.

Comment

It is. My wife's sister in TX just refused the vaccine "on principle".

The wife and I are in agreement. The dumbass isn't allowed on our property or anywhere near family here. Don't even bother showing up.

it could be worse

three years ago i had a neighbor that had a visitor up the street thought it was ok to pump it into the street with no storm sewers

there is nothing like sh*t creek flowing by the house

i call the cops let them deal with it

Comment

That's pretty bad bill

Comment

Cousin Eddie “Sh*tter’s full”
                                                              I mean, yeah, sure, there's benefits to a shaved asshole. But get a little sweaty and try and blow a fart. It just sits there like a bubble. No hair to break the seal. Feels weird.

Alpha
                                                              | Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Comment

Originally posted by Cyko View Post
                                                                Cousin Eddie “Sh*tter’s full”
                                                                it cost him 3k in fines

Comment

Originally posted by bill dennison View Post
                                                                  it cost him 3k in fines

Way to go bill!

Alpha

Omega

Comment

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Comment

Originally posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
                                                                      I dunno UK had like 53k in one day and hospitals south are sending people to other side of the country because Hospitals are record patients and it's not exactly a huge country. I imagine if the virus was taken hold in other countries you'd be seeing a even larger uptick compared to earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by SirBaron View Post
                                                                        I dunno UK had like 53k in one day and hospitals south are sending people to other side of the country because Hospitals are record patients and it's not exactly a huge country. I imagine if the virus was taken hold in other countries you'd be seeing a even larger uptick compared to earlier.
                                                                        Pockets of the US were seeing upwards of 500 cases per 100k - this has been pretty constant since mid-November. Right now Pershing, NV has over 1,000 cases per 100k in the last seven days (but population is very small). I don't look at it often, but the NY Times does a great job of showing which areas of the US are the hottest hotspots.

El Paso was bad for a long time, but that could be because of people from south of the US here to get treatment. Same could be said for SoCal.

US:

England:

EDIT:

For posterity most of the larger US coronavirus growth seems to have peaked.

Last edited by Crawdaddy79; Dec 30, 2020, 06:59 AM.

Comment

New Jersey is.... okish?

On the one hand, we're hitting 50+ deaths a day.

On the other hand, state has the retransmission rate at a little under 1 since before christmas.

So plateaued I guess.

Waiting on any Christmas surge. New Years could be an issue as well.

My brother is meeting one and possible two of our close friends, who neither of us has seen indoors since the summer 'lull', at friends place for new years, probably to spend the night. I'm torn between joining in (as I have regular contact with my brother and family bc of small children) or just skipping and spending New Years with the GF. If its my brother and one friend... maybe. Two of them just seems like its adding to it.

They'll be a new years surge, I'm sure.

Comment

Some 500 Coronavirus Vaccine Doses Intentionally Destroyed, Hospital Says

A now former employee at a Wisconsin medical center "intentionally removed" 57 vials of a coronavirus vaccine from refrigeration, forcing officials to throw out nearly 500 doses, according to an internal investigation.

Aurora Medical Center officials had initially suspected the Moderna vaccines, which must be kept between 36° to 46°F, had inadvertently been left out at the Grafton hospital on Dec. 26. But an investigation found the individual "acknowledged that they intentionally removed the vaccine from refrigeration," officials said Wednesday.

The medical center, which is part of Advocate Aurora Health Care, has notified "appropriate authorities for further investigation" and added that the individual is no longer employed by Aurora.

"We continue to believe that vaccination is our way out of the pandemic. We are more than disappointed that this individual's actions will result in a delay of more than 500 people receiving their vaccine. This was a violation of our core values."

The vials can remain at room temperature for up to 12 hours. That allowed clinicians to salvage some of the doses.

As of Wednesday afternoon Aurora Health Care said more than 21,000 health care workers had received the first of two injections at the company's centers.
                                                                            “On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid
                                                                            the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all
                                                                            that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it’s
                                                                            the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!”

YellowBeard says, "Fold ya scurvy b*st*rds!"

Comment

My father got a positive test today as his work had a visitor or someone who had it so they made the entire workforce take tests, though was a quick test so they said could be false positive. Will find out sometime in next two days as he took the full test now.

If he has it so do we, as we live in two separate houses but next to each other. So we mingle often, specially when they look after our son when we are at work.

Hopefully just false positive.

Comment

Originally posted by SirBaron View Post
                                                                                My father got a positive test today as his work had a visitor or someone who had it so they made the entire workforce take tests, though was a quick test so they said could be false positive. Will find out sometime in next two days as he took the full test now.

If he has it so do we, as we live in two separate houses but next to each other. So we mingle often, specially when they look after our son when we are at work.

Hopefully just false positive.
                                                                                Hoping for the best news for you folks That's not a fun wait...

Comment

fingers crossed, SirBaron.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X