Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What TV shows are you currently watching?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished The Watcher, loved it.

Almost done with Star Trek: Strange new worlds. I really like Pike, overall a great show so far.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Comment

Well crud. Titans just got cancelled. So did Doom Patrol but I haven't watched that yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dengin View Post
        Well crud. Titans just got cancelled. So did Doom Patrol but I haven't watched that yet.
        Doom Patrol is weird, but strangely compelling.

A hobbiest foundry and forge in progress, plans, suppliers, showcasing ideas

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire

Comment

Originally posted by Dengin View Post
          oh man, that's a bummer, both are great shows

Finished Star Trek: Strange new worlds.

Started Evil, so far i really like it, we'll see if it stays that way.

"Time is the school in which we learn, Time is the fire in which we burn. *Delmore Schwartz*

Comment

Originally posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
            So watched Ep 2 of Last of Us. I'm not really enjoying the show. It's not bad... but feels so weird. The whole giving each other shitty replies and comments is just ughh. Yes, they don't like/trust each other.. but really. Everything is a **** reply... makes me not liking the characters at all. And the monsters can only hear ? Really ... that is so lame. Just throw a rock in opposite direction... and problem solved.

But hey ..that is just me. And I like horror/sci-fi shows.. this is just so far meh.

If the video game is like this... then I'll wait for $10 sale.
            i didn’t play the game but i’ve watched all the cutscenes on youtube. the acting in the game seems more natural… hard to explain. maybe the actors on the show need more time to jell.

"World's First Analyst and Therapist: the Analrapist"
            "Part time Cork Soaker"

Comment

Poker face lol. I like it.

Comment

Parks and Rec for like the third time….

Comment

The main stream media seems to be gushing over ep3 of TLoU making it hard not to get spoiled (even though technically I can't be spoiled since I've watched a play through of the game but it's been so long ago). 3 more weeks and I can sub to HBOMax and finish this out.

Comment

Don’t get too bummed. IMO, the series started out OK but has been going downhill each new episode. If they don’t pick it up next episode, I may be out.

Comment

Originally posted by KAC View Post
                      Poker face lol. I like it.
                      Love the Columbo homage title credits. Episode 3 actually stole one episode of Columbo's "solves". I like it but want to love it. it's just missing a little something and can't put my finger on it. First episode is better than the next two.

Comment

Originally posted by koralis View Post

Love the Columbo homage title credits. Episode 3 actually stole one episode of Columbo's "solves". I like it but want to love it. it's just missing a little something and can't put my finger on it. First episode is better than the next two.
                        Probably that the main protag is so annoying. Also it is too predictable. By 4th episode even I knew what the ending would be and how.

Comment

Wow last of us ep 3 made me sick. Good thing I can forward stuff. Whole episode wasted. Druckman strikes again.

Comment

Yeah, there was about 40 minutes that was just "skip". Basically a 30 minute episode. First 20, last 10 minutes. Rest of it was just a gay romance that did nothing to advance the story other than explain how they could get a car.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
                            1 Peter 2:9

Originally posted by Vengeance
                            :heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.

Comment

Last of Us - HBO

It didn’t make me sick. It was just pointless. Spending so much time fleshing out characters that don’t even live beyond the episode is group-think excess. Decisions like this leaves me very nervous that this series will result in a something beyond a sub 5/10 rating from me. If they don’t pick it up fast, I am not even going to finish it. In the game, the story is built around the relationship between Ellie and Joel. So far, that’s also been pitifully done. Wasting 3 episodes instead of driving a narrative forward is a clear sign of lack of clear direction. IMO, they got a long way to go to redeem this one. A couple of more spoilers-ish gripes below:

Bill, the survivalist, stands in the middle of the street with his sniper rifle to fend off raiders? How ridiculous was that?
                              I already mentioned spending so much time fleshing out relationships of two people that die by the end of the episode?
                              Contriving some sort of gracious ending for the characters that was so weak that the waste of the previous 40 minutes made me even more angry.
                              Joel’s emotionless reaction to their end means that they were meaningless to him? WTF?

The whole setup and characters were executed very poorly and the extremely long deviation from what is the real plot was a total waste. 2/10 episode. The only redeeming thing was the first 5 minutes where Bill set himself up so well post outbreak.

Comment

It could have been handled much better, in much less time. The previous flashbacks added to the world and story, this one really didn't.

And the letter needed a little more impact, and then use the time to start building some relationship between him and Ellie.
                                The first ep did more, with him protecting her from the soldier. More scenes of him forgiving himself for not saving his daughter and bonding with Ellie are needed. Not whatever this was with Bill that did nothing for the plot.

But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that you should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light.
                                1 Peter 2:9

Originally posted by Vengeance
                                :heart: I took a few weeks off, but Rage is like a home away from home.

Comment

While the pace of TLOU is much faster than TWD which got way too dragged out in 20 ep seasons over 10 years its not a good thing to kill characters you just spent the entire ep developing in the same ep. Even if its a somewhat newish idea. Its little more than they are trying to one up the idea of getting to know and like a character then kill them off concept that many shows have done in the last few years. Ill stick with the 9 eps as I like the main cast but not sure they are doing something here that TWD hasnt done already.
                                  I talked to the tree. Thats why they put me away!..." Peter Sellers, The Goon Show
                                  Only superficial people cant be superficial... Oscar Wilde

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 22.7.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
                                  "Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
                                  "The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.plasma-universe.com/pseudoskepticism/

Comment

I actually liked TWD more (the first 2 seasons about). EP3 was just pointless fluf , 99% of it.

Bill goes with his sniper rifle standing in the MIDDLE of the open road to shoot raiders. He is not a good "survivalist "

I see they already talking about Season 2 to match TLOU2 game. LOL. My the tempo this show is going.. I won't make the end of Season 1. But to each his own.

Comment

Rewatching The Sopranos. Damn the first season is so good.
                                      Phobos:
                                      i7 5690X @ 4.2Ghz | Asus Rampage V Extreme | 64GB G.Skill F4-3333C16-16GTZ @ 2800Mhz CL16 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080ti 11GDR5+ x 2 + Custom WC dual loop

Mars:
                                      Intel S2600CP4 | Dual Xeon E5-2670 (Octa core HT 3.3Ghz) | 64GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz | 2 x 120GB Vertex 3 SSD RAID 0 (OS) + 240GB Vertex 2 3.5" (VMs) | Intel RAID Module RMS25PB080 + 8 X 2TB WD RAID 5

Deimos on Steam

Comment

watching The Bear on Hulu. I like it even if I want to slap almost everyone on the show silly.

Comment

Finished Evil (well, what's out there right now). It's a mixed bag, not bad per se but i really disliked that they didn't manage to tie at least _some_ loose ends.

Comment

Poker Face episode 4 was fun.

Also started watching "The Resort". Really can't go wrong with Cristin Miiloti (Palm Springs, Made for Love) and William Jackson Harper (The Good Place, Midsommar.)

Comment

Lockwood and Co. Really targeted towards a YA audience and very British. Yes there was some ridiculous plot armor but YA audience so meh. Ending is sorta like 1892, good stopping point but obviously there's more. If that bothers you then wait to see if there's a season 2 announcement. It's sorta a magic light Harry Potter detective thing.

Comment

First 2 episodes of Poker Face. Love it so far.

Comment

watching The Bear on Hulu. I like it even if I want to slap almost everyone on the show silly.
                                                  Hidden gem that started to catch people's attention. It's already greenlit for season two.
                                                  When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Comment

Watched the first season of From, not bad at all, sadly it stops in the middle of nowhere.

Started watching Your Honor. So far i like it a lot. Although i dunno how they will span the story over 2 seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by JZL View Post

Hidden gem that started to catch people's attention. It's already greenlit for season two.

For clarification for anyone that might be interested... The Bear is a story about a world-class chef that quits his job to go back and run the family sandwich shop in Chicago after his brother dies and tries to fix the place. Lot of family drama, fighting inertia, etc. It's very good. I'm looking forward to season 2.

Comment

For clarification for anyone that might be interested... The Bear is a story about a world-class chef that quits his job to go back and run the family sandwich shop in Chicago after his brother dies and tries to fix the place. Lot of family drama, fighting inertia, etc. It's very good. I'm looking forward to season 2.
                                                        It's nice when a niche show turns out to be very good and even nicer when it starts to get a little traction.

Comment

Finished (what' out there) of Your Honor, not bad.

Watched the last season of The Orville. Also not bad. They definitely changed the tone of the show (to the better, if you ask me)

Comment

Originally posted by Silent-Runner View Post

Watched the last season of The Orville. Also not bad. They definitely changed the tone of the show (to the better, if you ask me)
                                                            IMO they made it too serious and sort of depressing.

Cunk on Earth . . . Netflix.

Five part series about the history of civilization, a tremendous example of British deadpan humor. Yes, it's a comedy.

Comment

Originally posted by JZL View Post

IMO they made it too serious and sort of depressing.

Cunk on Earth . . . Netflix.

Five part series about the history of civilization, a tremendous example of British deadpan humor. Yes, it's a comedy.
                                                              for me it was too much flat "comedy" at the start. Different blokes - different strokes, as always.

Comment

Poker face
                                                                Mayfair witches
                                                                Bad batch
                                                                Clarkson farm 2
                                                                Hell’s Kitchen (just finished)
                                                                Last of us
                                                                Friends
                                                                Big bang theory
                                                                AGT All Stars

Comment

watching Willow, almost done with first season, not sure what to think of it. While it's not exactly terribad it's not good either. The music often seems to be a bad choice and the acting is a very mixed bag too.

Comment

Watched Rings of Power, what a great show, i really hope we'll get another season of this one.

Comment

Finished Clarkson’s Farm 2. Sad that he manages to always get himself in controversy and now is cancelled by Amazon. Guess when you have 70 mil in the bank doing shows won’t be required anymore.

Comment

Marc Maron: From Bleak to Dark . . . HBO/max

He torches it. I'm biased, but this could be a comedy classic.

Comment

Binged the last 2 seasons of The Walking Dead. Not bad its uneven but Id say 2-3 eps are well done. 7-10. They do have the odd sequences tho usually just some badly choreographed action. I got reinterested in the show after seeing Last of Us. Catching up on the spin offs World Beyond and be checking out the other short series due out in a year or 2.
                                                                          I talked to the tree. Thats why they put me away!..." Peter Sellers, The Goon Show
                                                                          Only superficial people cant be superficial... Oscar Wilde

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 22.7.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
                                                                          "Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
                                                                          "The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.plasma-universe.com/pseudoskepticism/

Comment

Finished second season of The Bad Batch, not bad, although an open "end".

Finished Guillermo del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities, was pretty meh, almost wasted time to watch em all. Would NOT recommend. 3/10

Comment

Watched the second season of Alice in Borderland.

I liked it. I was into it. I was looking forward to watching the next episode. Similar to Squid Game but with a more outrageous concept.

I don't think the games were as good as in season 1. I also didn't like how they would just jump to some of the games with the secondary characters without any real context.

I thought the ending and reveal was a bit weak. I've seen that concept in a lot of movies and I never liked it. But, I guess there wasn't going to be a satisfactory explanation given the premise of the show.

It season ends with a conclusion that could wrap up the series, but they also left open the possibility of a third season.

Comment

I really liked the last couple of episodes of The Last of Us, especially Pedro Pascal getting into the groove.
                                                                                "World's First Analyst and Therapist: the Analrapist"
                                                                                "Part time Cork Soaker"

Comment

Originally posted by ugly View Post
                                                                                  Watched the second season of Alice in Borderland.

I liked it. I was into it. I was looking forward to watching the next episode. Similar to Squid Game but with a more outrageous concept.

I don't think the games were as good as in season 1. I also didn't like how they would just jump to some of the games with the secondary characters without any real context.

I thought the ending and reveal was a bit weak. I've seen that concept in a lot of movies and I never liked it. But, I guess there wasn't going to be a satisfactory explanation given the premise of the show.

It season ends with a conclusion that could wrap up the series, but they also left open the possibility of a third season.
                                                                                  The second season was over the top brutal, especially near the end. That aside i have to agree, the ending was kinda weak, but honestly i've seen a lot worse. Overall i enjoyed the show.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X