X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Misunderstanding - Presented by AMD

[yt]2QkyfGJgcwQ[/yt]

Didn't know AMD made movies like that.
    Intel Core i7 6950X @ 4.3Ghz \ 2x GTX 1080 8GB SLI \ 128 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3333 Mhz DDR4 \ Asus Rampage V Edition 10 \ ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q \ Asus Claymore \ SupremeFx \ Logitech Z-5500 5.1 \ 2x Samsung 1TB 2x Samsung 2TB \ In Win D-Frame 2 \ Corsair AX1200 Watt \ Windows 10 Pro x64

Worth a chuckle, razzing your main competitor.
    It is regrettable that many personal fortunes are made by people who simply manipulate money and contribute nothing to their society.

The dream of eternal life is far more compelling than living one.

Comment

lol what =D
      ASUS PG279Q | ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti OC 2025MHz/12.2GHz | Intel i7 3770K 4.7GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x8GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2400 10-12-12-31-1T | Fractal Design R4 | Be Quiet! Straight Power CM E9 580W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | SteelSeries Rival 310 | Qpad MK-50 | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + 840 Evo 250GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | Windows 10 Professional

iPhone 8 Plus

Comment

That was awesome.

Comment

Burn!!!!!!
          YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by General Lee
            I've been praying for your nuts.
            Originally posted by General Lee
            If you must listen to country [music], play it backwards. You get your woman back, the dog comes back to life, Momma pops out from under the train, and it stops raining. :)

Comment

ROFL

Comment

lol wut

AMD actually paid for this?
                Originally posted by John C Flett
                I'd swear the PC is the Dracula of gaming. Old and powerful, somebody is always trying to kill it, but it always comes back from the dead, strong as ever.
                Originally posted by H001iGAN
                no matter how you look at it, it's still better on PC

Comment

lol i wonder how many people realize thats describing how they bust marijuana growers
                  What you perceive to be, is your reality.

Comment

I thought that most people would know that with the cop shows on TV and info in the newspapers etc.
                    I do work for AMD
                    AMD/ATI Beta Tester

Comment

awesome

WOOT Post 9000!!
                      Gaming PC - MSI MPG Gungnir 111M | MSI MAG Z590 Tomahawk Wifi | Intel Core i7 11700K | Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 1TB Intel 670p | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | PNY GeForce RTX 3070 XLR8 Gaming REVEL | Sound Blaster X AE-5 Plus | SeaSonic Focus GX-750 | AORUS FI32Q | Windows 10 Pro

Second PC - Corsair Carbide SPEC-02 Redshift | ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | AMD Wraith Cooler | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 | 512GB Intel 660p | 2TB SATA HDD | MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Armor OC | Thermaltake ToughPower Grand RGB 750W | Dell P2722HE | Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Wow, that was super lame.
                        "Hi,

please refrain from telling other forum members to "Go eat a buffet of dicks." in the future.

Thank you.

Regards,
                        mad"

Comment

Hold on doesn't everything in this ad basically say that ATI cards use more power and run super hot

Comment

Originally posted by CoolNitro View Post
                            Hold on doesn't everything in this ad basically say that ATI cards use more power and run super hot
                            Fermi = nVidia

Silly for marketing, but I'll give it a laugh
                            Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
                            Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
                            HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

Originally posted by DaJMasta View Post
                              Fermi = nVidia

Silly for marketing, but I'll give it a laugh

Ah ok I didn't catch that part I suppose it makes more sense now.

Comment

heh, worth a chuckle
                                "you know? there is no problem with my family that wouldn't be solved by my death." - Me
                                RIP Joe 'Vengeance' Rupe
                                "you can't end a good party without someone on the floor" - Yusuke Urameshi
                                "Intelligence has nothing to do with politics." - ambassador muwlari
                                " when somethings weird and it don't look good, who do you think it is? GHOST NAPPA"

Comment

Hhhha...

Hhhhhaaaaa.....

Hhh...

No, doesn't make me laugh.

Comment

lol

"I bet you we're gonna fine something green in there..."

"Fermi again, it's the 3rd time this week"

..!.. (-_-) ..!..

Comment

Ironically I chose the GTX460 over the 5830 this round, precisely because the 5830 uses too much power and wouldn't fit in my small case.

For the rest of ATI's line-up vs that of Nvidia, it's the other way around though.
                                      "Son, no one gives a **** about all the things your cell phone does. You didn't invent it, you just bought it. Anybody can do that."

Comment

Originally posted by Pepsin View Post
                                        Ironically I chose the GTX460 over the 5830 this round, precisely because the 5830 uses too much power and wouldn't fit in my small case.

For the rest of ATI's line-up vs that of Nvidia, it's the other way around though.
                                        Haha, same. Not to mention at 850 core it gives a 5850 a run for its money.

But to ATI's credit, I'm sure this short was thought of/produced before the 460's launch. Either way, it's a funny commercial.

Comment

for ATI

Comment

That was super lame.

Comment

Is there a comparison table somewhere, about power usage and stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by MaxSt View Post
                                                Is there a comparison table somewhere, about power usage and stuff?
                                                just read any of the 480 GTX reviews and look at heat output and power usage sections
                                                Intel Core i7 6950X @ 4.3Ghz \ 2x GTX 1080 8GB SLI \ 128 GB G.Skill Trident Z 3333 Mhz DDR4 \ Asus Rampage V Edition 10 \ ASUS ROG Swift PG348Q \ Asus Claymore \ SupremeFx \ Logitech Z-5500 5.1 \ 2x Samsung 1TB 2x Samsung 2TB \ In Win D-Frame 2 \ Corsair AX1200 Watt \ Windows 10 Pro x64

Comment

Review of one card? No, I asked for a comparison table.

Comment

I hope this dosn't end up as an actual TV ad...

Comment

I thought the video is worth to watch, turns out it's as crappy as their driver
                                                      Originally posted by jimjobob
                                                      If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
                                                      (b) 70c
                                                      (c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
                                                      (d) Must use fire.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxSt View Post
                                                        Review of one card? No, I asked for a comparison table.

Don't be so uppity. Most reviews give a comparison table.

Today marks the release of NVIDIA's new GeForce Fermi architecture. After excruciating months of delays, NVIDIA has finally given the green light for their new products. The GeForce GTX 480 offers all the latest features like DirectX 11, Tesselation, gaming on multiple monitors and GPU computation. Did NVIDIA's new card manage to claim the throne?
                                                        Desktop: Intel Core i7 7770k : 16GB EVGA DDR4 2400 : Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ti Windforce X2 : Gigabyte GA-H270-WIFI : AudioQuest DragonFly DAC : Samsung SM961 NVMe 1TB SSD : Corsair Builder 500W PSU : Samsung 1440p 32" Monitor : Klipsch Promedia 2.1 : Windows 10 Pro x64
                                                        Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro 4 : Intel Core i5-6300U : 8GB DDR3 : Intel 520 Integrated : 256GB SSD : 12.3" 2736x1824 display : Windows 10 Pro x64
                                                        HTPC: Intel Core i3 3225 : HD 4000 integrated : 8GB Samsung DDR3 1600 : Gigabyte H77N-Wifi : 120GB Sandisk Extreme SSD : 80W power brick and picoPSU150 XT : Integrated HD Audio : Scepter 32" LCD TV : Logitech Z313 2.1 : Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

So green is greener then red. /science

Comment

How many non tech would even know what a Fermi is...They would be like "Ummmm errrr what? errr Cool Story Bro!?" stupid ad.

Comment

It rated a chuckle, IMHO, but that was about it. There were worse things they could have done, though...
                                                              The three stages of [whatever] fandom:

1. "OMG IT'S COMING!!!"
                                                              2. "OMG IT'S HERE!!!!!"
                                                              3. "....wait a minute. This isn't the Second Coming! This sucks!"

Originally posted by Qb2k5
                                                              I like them tall and petite.

Comment

They can laugh all they want but who here really gives a **** about power consumption? All I've ever cared about is how cheap a card is and how fast it runs. Never understood why people watch watts.
                                                                ---------------------------------------------
                                                                Ron Paul for Prez.
                                                                ---------------------------------------------

Persistence is the first, and the most important, condition for success.

"There is all the difference in the world between treating people equally and attempting to make them equal." - F.A. Hayek

Comment

Originally posted by FX-Overclocking View Post
                                                                  They can laugh all they want but who here really gives a **** about power consumption? All I've ever cared about is how cheap a card is and how fast it runs. Never understood why people watch watts.
                                                                  I watch watts. Which is the 3rd reason I bought the GTX 460. My card is more powerful, yet uses less power than my GTX 260.

Price
                                                                  Performance
                                                                  Power

The 3 P's of buying a graphics card.
                                                                  Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 | Core i7 Kaby Lake 2.8GHz | 16GB DDR4 RAM | Geforce 1050M | 1TB Samsung 960 EVO
                                                                  Camera: Nikon D750 | 24mm f/1.8G | 35mm f/1.8G | 50mm f/1.8G | 85mm f/1.8G

My life is dope and I do dope sht.

Comment

Working...
                                                                  X