What's the last movie you saw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubCog View Post
    Terminator Whatever: 8/10. Lots of great ideas, solid action. I wasn't as turned off by the wokeness as people had suggested. The only part that really bugged me was when the 90 pound latino girl beats up several thugs in the future with her bare hands... They should have put more emphasis on her being a great leader than trying to give her massively unrealistic ninja skills... on a separate note, I also enjoyed Genisys... sure, it was poorly written and had the tone of a coloring book, but I liked seeing an alternate take on the story and liked alot of the action. I wonder if they'll continue to reboot terminator with every new movie forever... it's a series that maybe doesn't need continuity, as each one basically takes place in an alternate timeline.
    My issue with Dark Fate is that they take the whole John Connor premise, throw it out the window, and replace it with the same thing in a different sex/ethnicity. There's ZERO point to this movie. The acting is bad (especially by Linda Hamilton who phones it in the whole movie), Arnold has a bit part and the "new" Terminator we saw in #3 already. Total and yes Salvation and Ganisys are better, by a mile.

Comment

Just got done watching Ford v Ferrari. Pretty great stuff with a seriously awesome sound mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Kain View Post
        Just got done watching Ford v Ferrari. Pretty great stuff with a seriously awesome sound mix.
        I just had my mom over to watch it in my living room/hometheater. Great true story movie. Some one earlier gave it a 7/10 because of the ending. But the ending was spot on with what really happened. 10/10 movie for sure.

The sound mix is great. With 7.2.4 atmos, my mom about jumped out of her seat when Shelby flew in from behind in the plane. Then later she was "where is that typewriter sound coming from". 2 seconds later it panned the room and she saw the secretary typing.. her reactions to all the sound made the experience even better. (At 74, she had a hard time wrapping her head around having full theater sound/experience in a living room)
        I speak my mind! if you can't handle that, you might want to leave, because **** is going to get real!!

~I had the right to remain silent, I just didn't have the ability. ~ Ron White
        ~You can't fix Stupid! ~ Ron White
        ~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
        ~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
        ~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad
        ~Live everyday as though it is your last, it can all end at any moment!

Comment

Originally posted by NWR_Midnight View Post
          I just had my mom over to watch it in my living room/hometheater. Great true story movie. Some one earlier gave it a 7/10 because of the ending. But the ending was spot on with what really happened. 10/10 movie for sure.

The sound mix is great. With 7.2.4 atmos, my mom about jumped out of her seat when Shelby flew in from behind in the plane. Then later she was "where is that typewriter sound coming from". 2 seconds later it panned the room and she saw the secretary typing.. her reactions to all the sound made the experience even better. (At 74, she had a hard time wrapping her head around having full theater sound/experience in a living room)

What does your home theater consist of in terms of audio/video equipment?

Comment

Jo Jo Rabbit. Stupid film/10.

Comment

What does your home theater consist of in terms of audio/video equipment?
              The answer is way off topic, but here you go.

It's basically entry level, as I live in an apartment, and budget.

Samsung QN65Q6FNAFXZA 65" QLED 4K UHD
              Sony UHD X800 4k UHD Blu Ray Player
              Nvidia Shield (most movies I have ripped to my home server pc with Plex on it (all 4k are direct passthru rips, with all audio/HDR intact), easier than digging out the dvds)

Started out 1 year ago with a Denon x950h (7.2), but once I started to get into Atmos, well, 5.2.2 wasn't enough. So.. the setup now:
              Denon X4500H (9.2 channel with 11.2 decoding - 2 channel pre-amp out) Using the x950h as the 2 channel amp to get the 11.2 (7.2.4)

Bought all reference series Klipsch onsale 1/2 price which allowed me to get it all within my budget:
              2 - R620F for fronts, was going to do the R802F but they where out of my budget for price at the time, but the R620F are perfect for apartment dwelling.
              1 - R-34-C center
              4 - R-51-M books shelf for the surround/back speakers
              2 - R-100SW 10" subwoofers (was going to go 12", but decided 10" was sufficient for my needs).
              2 - R-41-SA up firing Dolby Atmos speakers for front 2 Atmos
              2 - Pioneer SP-T22A-LR up firing Dolby Atmos speakers for back 2 Atmos

The Pioneer's where the first pair of Atmos speakers I bought on sale with the 5.2.2 setup. I wanted all Klipsch, and almost replaced them when I went to 7.2.4, but the Pioneer's fit perfect on top of the R-51-M back speakers, and the Klipsch are to big for them.

2 - Auro Bass shakers, powered by a Daytona 100 watt plate amp, in my reclining love seat with console, which to me, love seat doesn't fit. It's more like a comfy theater seat: https://completesuitefurniture.com/s...eseat-wconsole.

I have low 8 ft ceilings, being in an apartment, up firing was the best option, and honestly, once I tuned it, no 8ft ceilings with in ceiling speakers can touch it due to being to close to the listener, you lose to much of the dispersion with such low ceilings (have a buddy who has 8 ft ceiling with in ceiling atmos).. but it is all user preference and subjective to ones own taste.

It took a lot of time to tune the room correction, levels, Atmost speaker angle/height-distance from ceiling and level (used foam speaker stands on top of front/back speakers to raise and change the angle's and height), etc. But once done, it sounds great.
              Last edited by NWR_Midnight; Feb 21, 2020, 08:42 PM.
              I speak my mind! if you can't handle that, you might want to leave, because **** is going to get real!!

~There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. - ~Stupid is forever. ~ Ron White
              ~Life is a hard teacher, it gives you the test before it teaches you the lesson.
              ~It's never to late to have a good childhood! The older you are, the better the toys! ~ My Dad

Comment

Awesome movie!
                Originally posted by KAC
                To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
                Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
                Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
                Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
                Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
                Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
                Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
                tnt2
                geforce2mx
                kyro 2
                radeon 8500
                radeon 9600
                radeon 9800pro
                radeon x800pro
                geforce 8800gtx
                radeon 6850
                radeon 280
                radeon 580
                radeon 6700xt

Comment

Brahms: The Boy 2.
                  My farts in the theater were more terrifying than anything on screen.
                  Are your pockets full of macaroni and cheese, too?

See more of my horrible photos, and a few good ones here.

Comment

Nvidia Shield (most movies I have ripped to my home server pc with Plex on it (all 4k are direct passthru rips, with all audio/HDR intact), easier than digging out the dvds)

Started out 1 year ago with a Denon x950h (7.2), but once I started to get into Atmos, well, 5.2.2 wasn't enough. So.. the setup now:
                    Denon X4500H (9.2 channel with 11.2 decoding - 2 channel pre-amp out) Using the x950h as the 2 channel amp to get the 11.2 (7.2.4)

Bought all reference series Klipsch onsale 1/2 price which allowed me to get it all within my budget:
                    2 - R620F for fronts, was going to do the R802F but they where out of my budget for price at the time, but the R620F are perfect for apartment dwelling.
                    1 - R-34-C center
                    2 - R-100SW 10" subwoofers (was going to go 12", but decided 10" was sufficient for my needs).

The Pioneer's where the first pair of Atmos speakers I bought on sale with the 5.2.2 setup. I wanted all Klipsch, and almost replaced them when I went to 7.2.4, but the Pioneer's fit perfect on top of the R-51-M back speakers, and the Klipsch are to big for them.

2 - Auro Bass shakers, powered by a Daytona 100 watt plate amp, in my reclining love seat with console, which to me, love seat doesn't fit. It's more like a comfy theater seat: https://completesuitefurniture.com/s...eseat-wconsole.

I have low 8 ft ceilings, being in an apartment, up firing was the best option, and honestly, once I tuned it, no 8ft ceilings with in ceiling speakers can touch it due to being to close to the listener, you lose to much of the dispersion with such low ceilings (have a buddy who has 8 ft ceiling with in ceiling atmos).. but it is all user preference and subjective to ones own taste.

It took a lot of time to tune the room correction, levels, Atmost speaker angle/height-distance from ceiling and level (used foam speaker stands on top of front/back speakers to raise and change the angle's and height), etc. But once done, it sounds great.
                    You live in an apartment, glad your not my neighbor, I live in a condo and forgo any ridiculous sound system as I’m sure my neighbors don’t want to hear it.
                    Last edited by Nascar24; Feb 22, 2020, 04:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UberBeavis View Post
                      Brahms: The Boy 2.
                      My farts in the theater were more terrifying than anything on screen.
                      That begs the question: What had you eaten?

Comment

Midway... a 60s style war movie with modern effects

Gemini Man... Will Smith plays a very complex game of stop hitting yourself
                        Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Nascar24 View Post
                          You live in an apartment, glad your not my neighbor, I live in a condo and forgo any ridiculous sound system as I’m sure my neighbors don’t want to hear it.
                          Hahaha.. My neighbors above me are in a band, and tend to practice a lot. We have an understanding. Off by 10 pm we are all good. LOL! Besides, that is why I have the bass shakers, so I don't have the subs turned up as high, as well as our apartments are sound proofed pretty damn good.

Comment

Watched the Fathom event (movie screen broadcast) of the play Cyrano de Bergerac by the National Theatre company, starring James McAvoy.

Edmond Rostand's Cyrano de Bergerac is freely adapted by Martin Crimp, directed by Jamie Lloyd. Joining the Golden Globe and Olivier Award nominated James McAvoy (Cyrano de Bergerac) to complete the cast are Michele Austin (Ragueneau), Adam Best (Le Bret), Sam Black (Armand/Priest), Nari Blair-Mangat (Valvert), Philip Cairns (Referee), Tom Edden (De Guiche), Eben Figueiredo (Christian), Chris Fung (Usher), Adrian Der Gregorian (Montfleury), Carla Harrison-Hodge (Denise/Medic), Seun Shote (Theatre Owner), Kiruna Stamell (Marie-Louise), Nima Taleghani (Ligniere), and Anita-Joy Uwajeh (Roxane) with Vaneeka Dadhria, Mika Johnson and Brinsley Terence.

There was no nose. Very modern. Instead of swordplay there was a rap-insult battle.

I enjoyed it. My daughter hated it. Other people were meh on it. Maybe I'm too easy to please.
                            Last edited by koralis; Feb 22, 2020, 07:19 AM.
                            A hobbiest foundry and forge in progress, plans, suppliers, showcasing ideas

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire

Comment

Uppity: The Willy T. Ribbs Story (2020) - 8/10

Great documentary. Love that Adam Carolla continues to create racing documentaries that show the "other" side of the racing industry.

Comment

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood - 7/10

Comment

Originally posted by Nascar24 View Post
                                  A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood - 7/10
                                  Started watching this and stopped as I couldn’t take the slow drama nonsense.

Comment

Parasite: so bad, I walked out of my own house.

Comment

Originally posted by mizzer View Post

Comment

The Irishman. 7/10. Would've been a 9/10 if it had been 90 minutes shorter. 3.5 hours for a slow-paced movie was just painful, but it was great to see Pacino, De Niro, and Pesci together on screen.
                                        “The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” – Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Call of the Wild.

Really enjoyed it. The book was something that really grabbed my heart when I read it at around age 8. Harrison Ford was a good bonus.
                                          Are your pockets full of macaroni and cheese, too?

See more of my horrible photos, and a few good ones here.

Comment

Originally posted by mizzer View Post
                                            Originally posted by Sundance Kid V2 View Post
                                            +rep

Comment

Originally posted by Munkus View Post
                                              The Irishman. 7/10. Would've been a 9/10 if it had been 90 minutes shorter. 3.5 hours for a slow-paced movie was just painful, but it was great to see Pacino, De Niro, and Pesci together on screen.

Comment

Sonic the Hedgehog. 7.5/10. Fun movie. Jim Carry is amazing as Robotnik. Hopefully they'll have a bigger budget for the sequel.
                                                Originally posted by KAC
                                                To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
                                                Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
                                                Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
                                                Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
                                                Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
                                                Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
                                                Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
                                                tnt2
                                                geforce2mx
                                                kyro 2
                                                radeon 8500
                                                radeon 9600
                                                radeon 9800pro
                                                radeon x800pro
                                                geforce 8800gtx
                                                radeon 6850
                                                radeon 280
                                                radeon 580
                                                radeon 6700xt

Comment

I also saw Sonic the Hedgehog. Quite possibly the best video game adapted movie ever? Not sure there's a better one at this point. They surprised everyone with this. Worth a watch, especially if you're in any way a fan of the game.

Comment

Dark Waters - 6/10 slow but interesting how we are all poisoned with C8

Comment

Terminator Dark Fate - 8/10

Story was very rehash in way too many ways.
                                                      I enjoyed Sara Connor being a grumpy, hardened badass.
                                                      They left out the GAY ethnic person in this PC movie.
                                                      Action was popcorn worthy, a few new ideas were cool.
                                                      Member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race-"Doesn't any game maker know how to make a PC feeling game anymore? I hate all this console afterbirth crap we're getting lately."

Comment

Jumanji 2019- best of the series, 8/10

Found this one pretty funny, coulda been hell a lot funnier with an old Danny Devito in the Rock's body - they should have milked this more...

Comment

The Neighbors' Window - 8/10

It's the 2020 academy award winning best live action short. Good performances and a nice short story. The ending is a real tear jerker. It's only 20 minutes long and available on YouTube. (Not sure if it really can be called a movie or not?)

[yt]k1vCrsZ80M4[/yt]

Comment

The Foreigner by Martin Cambell
                                                            Great movie with Peirce and Chan that punches way above it weight.
                                                            “Are you at all concerned, as Trump said, that we cannot let the cure be worse than the problem itself?” Haines asked.

Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”

Comment

Are you gays going to watch corona movies?

Comment

Superman Red Son. lol/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Athena View Post
                                                                  The Foreigner by Martin Cambell
                                                                  Great movie with Peirce and Chan that punches way above it weight.
                                                                  I enjoyed that quite a bit. I don't know if Chan has any other roles in this genre, but he's sure good at it.

Comment

1 - R-34-C center

Sweet!

For me, I finally got to watch Midway few days ago. Great sound mix (especially the bass)! Dive bombing scenes were awesome. However, I'll note I enjoyed the sound mix in Ford v Ferrari more. Maybe because it sounded more "authentic".

Comment

Guns Akimbo. 5/10.

Comment

Catching up on some older movies:

Christopher Robin (2018) - 6.5/10

Cliched movie but still working the usual Disney magic.

Ruben Brandt, Collector (2018) - 6/10

Unique and strange movie that just doesn't completely come together.

Comment

The Force Awakens: 8/10
                                                                          Yes, it does sound too much lile TESB, but pacing, Harrison, overall action
                                                                          sequences and story board is quite good.

The Last Jedi: 6/10.
                                                                          Definitely shows different director. Story board is less precise, like they improvised
                                                                          too much. Action sequences are quite good. Praetorian guard sabre fight is legendary.
                                                                          Canto Blight scene too long but story needed to be said.
                                                                          Wished we saw more of DJ.
                                                                          Last fight scene with Luke also quite good. See ya around kid...

Comment

21 Bridges. Black dude finds the bad white cop dude/10.

Comment

Lost City of Z (2016): 5/10. Not a bad movie but way, way too long for the content offered.
                                                                              "the beatings will continue, until morale improves"

Comment

The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari (1920) (silent film): 8/10. How bout that plot twist at the end tho
                                                                                "the beatings will continue, until morale improves"

Comment

Gang Related(90s)

classic

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X