Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the last movie you saw?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Ford vs Ferrari, great movie, When I think of Hollywood and this movie the Japaneses saying, even monkeys can fall from trees comes to mind.

    How Hollywood let this movie get made is almost as crazy as the GT40 getting made.

    Great movie free of the normal Hollywood crap.
    “Are you at all concerned, as Trump said, that we cannot let the cure be worse than the problem itself?” Haines asked.

    Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”

    Comment


      Watched Freaks couple days ago. Pretty awesome.

      Trailer is kind of spoilerish so avoid if you want to watch the movie.

      [yt]sBQF9t1qKkA[/yt]

      Comment


        Second Act. 5/10.

        Comment


          The World's End

          gets better the more i see it
          Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway

          Comment


            Originally posted by Munkus View Post
            I like the older Disney movies that were slower paced and weren't so worried about being politically correct. The originals that put Disney on the map are works of art IMO. I don't watch them anymore since my kids are grown, but I loved watching them with my kids when they were younger. We had to re-buy Sleeping Beauty and Lady and the Tramp twice since my kids wore out the tapes. Finally bought them all again on DVD just as my kids were getting too old to watch them. Oh well. Grandkids someday...

            The more recent cartoons are pretty much garbage, IMO.
            I remember when I was very young, Disney has an Xmas special with Donald and I think
            his cousin or uncle and they did a snowball fight which slowly escalated to
            howitzers of ice frozen shells. Both hilarious and also a good point about
            conflicts.

            I assume it would never fly today.

            Comment


              Originally posted by MasterGoa View Post
              I remember when I was very young, Disney has an Xmas special with Donald and I think
              his cousin or uncle and they did a snowball fight which slowly escalated to
              howitzers of ice frozen shells. Both hilarious and also a good point about
              conflicts.

              I assume it would never fly today.
              Exactly. Same goes for the older Looney Toons cartoons. Guns. Violence. Sexism. All very politically incorrect on the surface, but if you dug deeper you could see there was a very good message underneath. Or not. Maybe just good fun escapism.
              “The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” – Abraham Lincoln

              Comment


                Originally posted by Munkus View Post
                Exactly. Same goes for the older Looney Toons cartoons. Guns. Violence. Sexism. All very politically incorrect on the surface, but if you dug deeper you could see there was a very good message underneath. Or not. Maybe just good fun escapism.
                I'm old enough to remember when you could have fun without being told how horrible you are lol.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Lazy8s View Post
                  I'm old enough to remember when you could have fun without being told how horrible you are lol.
                  Same.
                  “The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” – Abraham Lincoln

                  Comment


                    Knives Out - from our buddy Rian Johnson - 8/10

                    Comment


                      Free Solo.. 9/10

                      Incredible display of strength and perseverance.
                      "Yes, but God has the right to get away with anything. Shoot animals, make ugly women, allow the existence of religious nuts, and watch liederhosen-wearing midget poodle-licking pornography. God's a sick bastard." - OzzieBloke



                      (\_/)
                      (O.o)
                      (> <)

                      Comment


                        Toy Story 4.

                        OMGWTFBBQ good rendering and visuals... Holy cow.

                        Quite interesting story about life, our paths and choices we make.

                        Nice humour including a flush toy attack.

                        Definitely a worthy member of the series.
                        Has great view again moments as well.

                        Highly recommended.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by GravY View Post
                          Free Solo.. 9/10

                          Incredible display of strength and perseverance.
                          I loved that docu!
                          Asus Tuf Gaming x570-Plus
                          Ryzen 3700X<---> 16GB DDR4
                          MSI GTX 980ti Gaming 6G <---> BenQ 32" LED PD3200Q (2560x1440)
                          TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt <---> KRK Rokit 5's

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Kain View Post
                            Watched Freaks couple days ago. Pretty awesome.

                            Trailer is kind of spoilerish so avoid if you want to watch the movie.

                            [yt]sBQF9t1qKkA[/yt]
                            didn't watch the trailer.
                            fell asleep halfway through.
                            kinda boring. Hoping for an amazing plot twist or this is getting a 4/10
                            "World's First Analyst and Therapist: the Analrapist"
                            "Part time Cork Soaker"

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Payne3d View Post
                              didn't watch the trailer.
                              fell asleep halfway through.
                              kinda boring. Hoping for an amazing plot twist or this is getting a 4/10
                              Not surprised. I tend to like what others find boring.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Kain View Post
                                Not surprised. I tend to like what others find boring.
                                i finally finished watching it. i mean, nothing really happens in the movie. i didn't care for any of the characters and the little girl was a psychopathic murderer.

                                i still rate it 4/10
                                "World's First Analyst and Therapist: the Analrapist"
                                "Part time Cork Soaker"

                                Comment


                                  The Irishman

                                  5/10

                                  love most of scorseses previous movies, this though was a snore fest, the youth'ing cgi was distracting and looked animated especially on DeNiros hunched aged shoulders. nothing much happens. overly long. Once Upon a time In America the about 4 hours version seems shorter than this
                                  my ageing rig-

                                  i5 4690, Gainward GTX970 Phantom, 16gb ram, Gigabyte Z97X UDH3 mobo

                                  Comment


                                    Midway . . . 6.5/10

                                    Without researching, I'm guessing the CGI aerial combat wasn't very realistic, but at least it wasn't blatant like it was in 2006's Flyboys. I liked how they gave the background to the story, and used the Doolittle Raid storyline to give a nod to Japan's invasion China. It was worth the price of admission to see Woody Harrelson in his Nimitz hairdo0.

                                    Coincidentally I've been listening to Dan Carlin's Supernova in the East Hardcore History podcast, which appropriately spends a fair amount of time on the Sino-Japanese War (some would say early WWII) in the 1930's. I also strongly recommend Spielberg's Empire of the Sun from '87.

                                    Smalltown Theater Weirdness Bit: Wifey and I were the only two people in the showing. This is a great six-screen theater that's clean, has reclining seats, etc. I think maybe one of the staff thought the theater was empty and for whatever reason, the movie stopped cold about halfway through. I got up and told the staff and they hustled to get the movie back running and a guy sat beside me on his cellphone until they had it approximately where it had been when it stopped. Then he gave us two free movie passes for another time. w00t.
                                    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by JZL View Post
                                      Midway . . . 6.5/10

                                      Without researching, I'm guessing the CGI aerial combat wasn't very realistic, but at least it wasn't blatant like it was in 2006's Flyboys.
                                      As far as I know the combat was essentially realistic, as in the type of flying and battles, and tactics.

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by jimmyboy View Post
                                        As far as I know the combat was essentially realistic, as in the type of flying and battles, and tactics.
                                        Best's little landing tactic of slipping (banking one way and ruddering the other) and dipping down beneath the carrier deck and then popping up and bouncing down, was almost surely BS. Lazy is a much more experienced pilot than me, perhaps he can weigh in. Slipping is a legitimate "braking" maneuver; it's the bouncing up over the edge of the deck and then right back down that I doubt.

                                        The other problem I had was the dive bombers, especially early in their runs, diving straight into the teeth of the anti-aircraft fire, with little or no evasive maneuvering. (That's when a tactic like popping up from beneath the deck would have been handy)

                                        IIRC the 1976 Midway movie used the real gun-cam footage when able.

                                        One thing I really liked about the movie is that surprisingly, they didn't try to do some 2019 PC sugar-coating of the Japanese military. (See, e.g., the Bataan Death March and the Rape of Nanking)
                                        When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by JZL View Post
                                          Best's little landing tactic of slipping (banking one way and ruddering the other) and dipping down beneath the carrier deck and then popping up and bouncing down, was almost surely BS. Lazy is a much more experienced pilot than me, perhaps he can weigh in. Slipping is a legitimate "braking" maneuver; it's the bouncing up over the edge of the deck and then right back down that I doubt.

                                          The other problem I had was the dive bombers, especially early in their runs, diving straight into the teeth of the anti-aircraft fire, with little or no evasive maneuvering. (That's when a tactic like popping up from beneath the deck would have been handy)

                                          IIRC the 1976 Midway movie used the real gun-cam footage when able.

                                          One thing I really liked about the movie is that surprisingly, they didn't try to do some 2019 PC sugar-coating of the Japanese military. (See, e.g., the Bataan Death March and the Rape of Nanking)
                                          No doubt there's a lot of Hollywood to what we saw, but I mean the dive bombing in particular, how else do you dive bomb, particularly when you have nothing that's computer guided? You get above the ship and dive down to it. I can't imagine doing anything evasive, because you're not going to hit anything that way. You point you aircraft toward the target and hope you hit that guy before he hits you.

                                          Comment


                                            The Irishman

                                            6/10

                                            It was a well written script, but the movie needed to be made 25 years ago. The parts where they go back and forth in time are so hard to distinguish because De Niro looks and moves like a geriatric even in the scenes where he's supposed to be in his early 40s or younger the scene where he beats up the grocer for shoving his daughter is a great example. He can barely ****ing move, it looked like two 80 year old men fighting, but he's supposed to be in his early 40s in that scene.. . Pesci looks so old, it's depressing to see. However, Pesci and Pacino were standouts; frankly I thought they carried De Niro through that entire movie. Imagine if this movie was made in 1995 or the early 2000s..

                                            Pacino looked great though.
                                            Originally posted by curio
                                            Eat this protein bar, for it is of my body. And drink this creatine shake, for it is my blood.
                                            "If you can't handle me when I'm bulking, you don't deserve me when I'm cut." -- Marilyn Monbroe

                                            Comment


                                              Originally posted by Payne3d View Post
                                              i finally finished watching it. i mean, nothing really happens in the movie. i didn't care for any of the characters and the little girl was a psychopathic murderer.

                                              i still rate it 4/10
                                              Fair enough. At least you gave it a shot.

                                              Comment


                                                ad astra 4/10
                                                3 of those points are for the visuals
                                                "World's First Analyst and Therapist: the Analrapist"
                                                "Part time Cork Soaker"

                                                Comment


                                                  Dropa, another so so alien monster action flick. Make it less than so so. It's new though, out in 2019.

                                                  Comment


                                                    The Irishman 8-10. I had low expectations on the de-aging cgi but it looked pretty good. Well crafted film. Loved the pacing didnt feel the 3.5 hours of it... You can feel and no big secret its about the last big gangster flick all of these great aging actors will play in.

                                                    Must see.
                                                    I talked to the tree. Thats why they put me away!..." Peter Sellers, The Goon Show
                                                    Only superficial people cant be superficial... Oscar Wilde

                                                    Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 22.7.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

                                                    Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

                                                    Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
                                                    "Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
                                                    "The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

                                                    www.realitysandwich.com

                                                    www.plasma-universe.com/pseudoskepticism/

                                                    Comment


                                                      Knives Out - I love a good whodunit and this one delivers. 9/10. Bonus points for Daniel Craig stealing the show with his southern drawl.

                                                      Comment


                                                        Originally posted by Payne3d View Post
                                                        ad astra 4/10
                                                        3 of those points are for the visuals
                                                        Mostly the lunar rover chase. 2/10 but will watch again and pause to dissect and laugh at every problem with every scene.

                                                        Comment


                                                          Originally posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
                                                          Knives Out - I love a good whodunit and this one delivers. 9/10. Bonus points for Daniel Craig stealing the show with his southern drawl.

                                                          Comment


                                                            It: Chapter 2

                                                            6 or 7/10

                                                            I thought the ending was horrible. I was really looking forward to seeing what they could / would do with current special effects and..well....it sucked.

                                                            Comment


                                                              Ford v. Ferrari: 8.75/10 - Damon's best role since The Martian. Bale simply chews up every scene he's in. A tad long.

                                                              Oh and she's SUPER HOT!!! https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1495520/
                                                              Last edited by acroig; Dec 11, 2019, 06:47 AM.

                                                              Comment


                                                                Overlord, fun movie, not good cinema or anything but for what it was great stuff. Made me want to play video games. lol
                                                                “Are you at all concerned, as Trump said, that we cannot let the cure be worse than the problem itself?” Haines asked.

                                                                Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”

                                                                Comment


                                                                  Originally posted by acroig View Post
                                                                  Ford v. Ferrari: 8.75/10 - Damon's best role since The Martian. Bale simply chews up every scene he's in. A tad long.

                                                                  Oh and she's SUPER HOT!!! https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1495520/
                                                                  That woman has more freckles than the curls on my ballsack.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                    Originally posted by KAC View Post
                                                                    That woman has more freckles than the curls on my camel's tasty ballsack.

                                                                    fixt.
                                                                    I have nothing witty to say.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                      Originally posted by Fuku2 View Post
                                                                      Originally Posted by KAC View Post
                                                                      That woman has more freckles than the curls on my camel's tasty ballsack.

                                                                      fixt.
                                                                      wait, KAC has camel toe?... yeah, I believe it...

                                                                      Comment


                                                                        Thoughts on 6 Underground?

                                                                        Comment


                                                                          Watched Freaks last night. Not bad at all, 7/10

                                                                          Comment


                                                                            Brightburn (2019) - 5/10

                                                                            Not really my cup of tea...

                                                                            Comment


                                                                              No Game No Life Zero, Interesting boy with PTSD meets girl with no heart and they try to save the world tragic love story. Very Japanese with a Korean ending.
                                                                              Have to say some times I miss the sappy happy American movie endings. Good movie none the less.
                                                                              “Are you at all concerned, as Trump said, that we cannot let the cure be worse than the problem itself?” Haines asked.

                                                                              Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”

                                                                              Comment


                                                                                Once Upon a Time in Hollywood... i probably should have expected the way the ending went but i didn't

                                                                                It: Chapter 2... i see what some people were talking about with the weak CGI
                                                                                Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                  spider-man (2002) - 8/10 good intro to the character, dafoe was meant to play goblin
                                                                                  spider-man 2 (2004) - 8.5/10 even better due to some scenes and the MJ romance arc
                                                                                  spider-man 3 (2007) - 6.5/10 what happened? The cgi is still alright but it's just a mess. Action is boring and too much is at night. Should have been split into two movies or otherwise cut back.

                                                                                  Comment

                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                  X