No announcement yet.

What's the last movie you saw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new blade runner was kindda cool, but a lot of things felt "forced". idk why it came off like that to me. maybe because we always have the first one in the backs of our minds.
    Originally posted by KAC
    Gays if I had boyfriends your mums wouldn’t have produced your sorry asses.

Comment

Just watched Doctor Sleep. Conflicted on my rating so I think I need to break it down.

As an adaptation, it was great. Basically stuck to the story which is where most King adaptations go off the rails. Great casting, good visuals. Comes from a great book. 10/10.

However, it being true to the book also means that it's fairly slow in many areas, and the show feels both slow and long in many parts. However, cutting things to speed it up would lose the essential story and then I'd probably be complaining that they butchered it. Not sure there was a real winning formula for a feature-length film. Probably would have fared better as 3 part miniseries in terms of pacing. Still, I liked it even if it dragged a bit. 7/10

So overall... 8.5/10?
      A hobbiest foundry and forge in progress, plans, suppliers, showcasing ideas

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire

Comment

Also just re-watched Spirited Away so that I could share it with my daughter. Still delightful. I swear, the initial soot ball scene is one of the funniest things I've ever seen, perhaps because it was so unexpected.

My daughter has declared it her new favorite movie.

10/10
        A hobbiest foundry and forge in progress, plans, suppliers, showcasing ideas

Kcrucible - Playing with Fire

Comment

Originally posted by g-a-m-e View Post
          Blade Runner 2049 , for the 10th time or something.
          It's still epic.
          Watched it with a friend that saw it for the 1st time. Was the 12th or 13th time for me and like you, still awesome.
          He was amazed how great it was.
          “Are you at all concerned, as Trump said, that we cannot let the cure be worse than the problem itself?” Haines asked.

Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”

Comment

Castle Keep . . . 8/10

This 1969 WWII film is one of director Sydney Pollack's earliest. He's best known for his two Oscar-winning turns for Out of Africa and Tootsie.

It stars Burt Lancaster, Patrick O'Neil, and Peter Falk, American soldiers during the Battle of the Bulge, in a ragtag squad which ends up defending a medieval castle, even though so doing may lead to its destruction. Unsurprisingly for a late 60's movie, it's anti-war, but the battle scenes are decent, and there is some grade-A dry humor.

Growing up in the 70's, this used to air on local TV once in a while as the late Friday or Saturday movie. I hadn't seen it in forever, and only as a young teen.
            When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Comment

Doctor Sleep. 7-10

Not bad on the creepy meter but could have been a bit scarier.
              I talked to the tree. Thats why they put me away!..." Peter Sellers, The Goon Show
              Only superficial people cant be superficial... Oscar Wilde

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 22.7.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
              "Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
              "The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.plasma-universe.com/pseudoskepticism/

Comment

Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile (2019) - 5/10

I don't think Zac did a good job of portraying Bundy based on seeing the documentary about him.

Comment

Overlord (2018): 6/10, fun horror movie, great visuals, amusing nazi zombie carnage

Five Easy Pieces (1970): 8/10, classic movie, I forgot how much of an asshole Nicholson's character is. I remember it glorifying him, which it does to an extent, but mostly it shows what a petulant child he is most of the time.
                  "the beatings will continue, until morale improves"

Comment

Originally posted by bob saget View Post
                    The new blade runner was kindda cool, but a lot of things felt "forced". idk why it came off like that to me. maybe because we always have the first one in the backs of our minds.
                    Agree, I wasn't really into the "memory switch" plot device.

Comment

Black Hole, a childhood fav. Having just seen Forbidden Planet I was amazed how much of the story was similar.
                      “Are you at all concerned, as Trump said, that we cannot let the cure be worse than the problem itself?” Haines asked.

Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”

Comment

Just got done watching Thir13en Ghosts (2001). First time watching it again since it came out (and that first watch was a LONG time ago). I was in high school when I first watched it. I'll say that I remember liking it a lot more when I was younger but it is still a good movie. Sound mix still is pretty awesome (for today) with excellent use of surround speakers.

Comment

Triple Frontier. Good movie. Netflix should do more stuff like this.
                          Originally posted by KAC
                          To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
                          Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
                          Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
                          Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
                          Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
                          Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
                          Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
                          tnt2
                          geforce2mx
                          kyro 2
                          radeon 8500
                          radeon 9600
                          radeon 9800pro
                          radeon x800pro
                          geforce 8800gtx
                          radeon 6850
                          radeon 280
                          radeon 580
                          radeon 6700xt

Comment

Angel has fallen. 4/10.
                            Gemini man. 5/10.

Comment

Ford V Ferrari 10/10.

My friend treat me this as my belated birthday present as he know Im a car nut. Came as a surprise the movie is damn good. Happy to hear Christian Bale using his own English accent in this, seems like he enjoying it too.
                              Originally posted by jimjobob
                              If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
                              (b) 70c
                              (c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
                              (d) Must use fire.

Comment

Lion. Indian goes home/10.

Comment

John Carter (2012) - 7/10 actually kinda enjoyed it more than I remember. Obviously it's Avatar-inspired but it's relatively fun and the CGI is quite good. Honestly they should do a sequel.

Comment

Originally posted by nutcrackr View Post
                                    John Carter (2012) - 7/10 actually kinda enjoyed it more than I remember. Obviously it's Avatar-inspired but it's relatively fun and the CGI is quite good. Honestly they should do a sequel.
                                    Always liked it and the princess
                                    is uber hot.

Comment

Originally posted by acroig View Post
                                      Always liked it and the princess
                                      is uber hot.
                                      though sadly a bit more clothed than her character often is in most illustrated depictions

but... going with a book accurate version of Dejah Thoris would have definitely impacted the film's rating
                                      Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway

Comment

Originally posted by nutcrackr View Post
                                        The story was first published in 1912, so if anything I think Avatar was inspired by this. I loved all of E.R. Burroughs' Mars books as a kid.
                                        “The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” – Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Munkus View Post
                                          The story was first published in 1912, so if anything I think Avatar was inspired by this. I loved all of E.R. Burroughs' Mars books as a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by KAC View Post
                                            Angel has fallen. 4/10.
                                            just saw this. pretty terrible

Morgan Freeman looking old
                                            Originally posted by KAC

Comment

Klaus 7/10

an actual decent Christmas movie
                                              Quotes:

Rage3d is the BEST forum!! There are alot of smart people on here!! -phexus

Comment

Originally posted by Munkus View Post
                                                Yeah if anything Avatar got some inspiration from the John Carter series. I also really enjoyed the ER Burroughs "Barsoom" Mars books, though really, if you've read one you've read them all. The "moon maid" books (I remember it being a series but maybe it wasn't) are very much the same sort of story, but still fun to read.

Comment

Midway, Better than I expected. 7/10
                                                  I liked how they ended with the all the characters from the movie showing they were real people from history and the role they played. Amazing impact that I am free because of the sacrifice those people made for me.

Comment

Ford vs Ferrari. Fantastic movie, highly recommend it.
                                                    "Ok to lose to opponent, must not lose to fear!"
                                                    ~Mr. Myagi.

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
                                                    ~George Carlin

"A man moaning in a pr0n sounds like a cow with a kidney stone."

"It's often not your fault if you have problems, but it is your responsibility to do something about them".

Comment

I feel a little weird about war-pr0n movies, which this seems to be. Same with Pearl Harbor... Maybe it's all the pretty explosions and CGI mayhem. I find it REALLY odd that they have all these veterans in the trailers speaking to the realism, etc.
                                                      Originally posted by KAC

Comment

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017) - 8/10 Barely knew this existed and really enjoyed it. The inter-dimensional market near the start was amazing. Rest of the movie quite cool and some great CGI. DeHaan probably isn't quite right for the role, but Delevingne is pretty good. Some of the romance was a bit cringe but this type of movie is definitely up my alley (sci-fi adventure). Directed by the fifth element guy and it def feels like it.

Comment

I feel a little weird about war-pr0n movies, which this seems to be. Same with Pearl Harbor... Maybe it's all the pretty explosions and CGI mayhem. I find it REALLY odd that they have all these veterans in the trailers speaking to the realism, etc.
                                                          Wow amazing you feel up to ripping having not seen it. Not much like that other movie. See it or shut the hell up

Comment

Originally posted by Athena View Post
                                                            Midway, Better than I expected. 7/10
                                                            I liked how they ended with the all the characters from the movie showing they were real people from history and the role they played. Amazing impact that I am free because of the sacrifice those people made for me.
                                                            I agree it was better than I expected. 8/10 Those dive bombers were bold as heck. The real game changers. If they didn't just charge in there and go for it, like the Death Star run, the Japanese fleet would've kept on pounding away until there was nothing left to stop them. What's also rough is that because of Doolittle's actions, they killed 250,000 of the local Chinese. If true, wow.
                                                            Originally posted by xCLAVEx View Post
                                                            Ford vs Ferrari. Fantastic movie, highly recommend it.
                                                            This one's next! Been looking forward to it.

Comment

The Lighthouse (2019): 9/10. Willem Defoe as a crazy old lighthouse keeper going insane and drinking to excess? Can't go wrong there.

Comment

Originally posted by methimpikehoses View Post
                                                                The Lighthouse (2019): 9/10. Willem Defoe as a crazy old lighthouse keeper going insane and drinking to excess? Can't go wrong there.
                                                                “The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” – Abraham Lincoln

Comment

exactly^^

Comment

Frozen 2. 7.65/10.

Comment

Dark Phoenix (2019) - 5/10

Probably my least liked one in the entire series...

Comment

They Shall Not Grow Old . . . 7.66/10
                                                                        When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Mahjik View Post
                                                                          Dark Phoenix (2019) - 5/10

Probably my least liked one in the entire series...
                                                                          i feel like sansa really can't act. she's still young, sure, but not really showing promise to be a A level actress to carry a movie on her own yet.
                                                                          Originally posted by KAC

Comment

i feel like sansa really can't act. she's still young, sure, but not really showing promise to be a A level actress to carry a movie on her own yet.
                                                                            This. She reminds me a lot of Kristen Stewart. She basically has one expression. When she tries to emote beyond that, it just looks painful.

Comment

Ford v Ferrari

9/10

This is a great story, with good action and good acting. I had either forgotten how theses events ended or I just never knew, but I kept finding myself reaching way back into my car-guy memories to place this name and that one, and enjoying the heck out of the wild ride.

Rotten Tomatoes even scores this one 92% for critics (not that they typically get it anyway) but 98% for audiences. For whatever a mainstream site is worth.

Comment

Watched Overlord again, 8/10.

Such a well done bit of work. Makes me want to replay RTCW too

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy8s View Post
                                                                                  Makes me want to replay RTCW too
                                                                                  I wish they would make a Wolfenstein movie! Who would we cast as B.J.? How about Dwayne Johnson?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X