What's the last movie you saw?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019): 9/10 instant classic
    Joker (2019): 5/10 good acting by Phoenix in a bore-fest, Ledger is still a better Joker
    "the beatings will continue, until morale improves"

Comment

The Lion King (2019) - 6.5/10

Same ole Disney... The Lion King has never been one of my favorite Disney movies, but they kept it pretty true to the original. Not a fan of Beyoncé's southern twang in this movie.

Comment

Originally posted by methimpikehoses View Post
        Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019): 9/10 instant classic
        How is it compared to Django or Basterds?
        Originally posted by KAC
        Gays if I had boyfriends your mums wouldn’t have produced your sorry asses.

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypsee View Post
          Max Payne 2008 - Hot crap 1/10. That 1 is because using some random reference from the game (name, street etc.)

My best friend who knows I'm a BIG FAN of Max Payne games warns me not to watch it, now I know why. It was so-so until he took the drug. I watch it so I can watch civvie 11 talk crap about it.
          Ouch, 1 is pretty harsh. The movie isn't good but the bullet time bits were cool.

ELI - 7/10 not bad although the jump scares were too compressed.

Fractured - 4/10 good until the terrible ending.

Comment

The Lion King RTX Edition 6/10... i'll stick to the animated but i'm not sorry i watched this one

Zombieland: Double Tap 6.5/10 first one was better, this one was still good
            Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway

Comment

Maleficent: Hotness of Evil - 8/10. Angelina and Michelle are great together. Pacing issues but enjoyed it overall.

Comment

Originally posted by acroig View Post
                Maleficent: Hotness of Evil - 8/10. Angelina and Michelle are great together. Pacing issues but enjoyed it overall.
                Angelina Jolie is perfect in that role. And
                “The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” – Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Munkus View Post
                  Angelina Jolie is perfect in that role. And
                  Wow, I will have to see it. Though I have not even seen a trailer for it and seeing Angelina so old in the photos from the movie make me feel old. I remember the wife naming our first beagle pup after her because of the big eyes after seeing the 1st Tomb raider I think it was. Angel passed away years ago and lived to a rip old age for a beagle.

But I remember thinking Michelle was old looking when she was in Batman 2 when I was in HS.

Still hot but you know, looked like she smoked a few to many packs a day. Glad she is still around.

Anyway, the 1st review I read on the movie had turned me off as all it did was site all the SJW crud.
                  “Are you at all concerned, as Trump said, that we cannot let the cure be worse than the problem itself?” Haines asked.

Biden noted in his reply that the COVID-19 cure “will make the problem worse, no matter what.”

Comment

Originally posted by Athena View Post
                    Wow, I will have to see it. Though I have not even seen a trailer for it and seeing Angelina so old in the photos from the movie make me feel old.
                    She's still pretty smokin'.
                    “The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” – Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Oh yeah...

Comment

Originally posted by bob saget View Post
                        How is it compared to Django or Basterds?
                        greetings bob,

I liked it more than Django (7/10) and as well as Basterds (9/10). It is similar to both in that it is a re-write of a historical events (substitute Charles Manson cultists for Nazi hunters in WWII).

And OUaTiH satirizes Basterds a bit, as we are treated to a scene of nazi officers being flambed by one of the two anti-heroes of the movie in an over-the-top scene.

I would add that it helps to know some basics about the Manson Family.

5 bags of popcorn.

Comment

check out those cheek bones, damn....

Comment

Originally posted by Vanz_007 View Post
                            check out those cheek bones, damn....
                            I suspect there might be some makeup effects going on there to enhance her natural pointyness.

Comment

Those cheek bones can bruise a cock.

Comment

Originally posted by KAC View Post
                                Those cheek bones can bruise a cock.
                                That looks like makeup for the part:

Comment

I suspect there might be some makeup effects going on there to enhance her natural pointyness.
                                  it's not her it's Octomom

Comment

Damn she old.

Comment

Originally posted by SD-[Inc] View Post
                                      That looks like makeup for the part
                                      It is makeup....

Comment

Originally posted by methimpikehoses View Post
                                        Joker (2019): 5/10 good acting by Phoenix in a bore-fest, Ledger is still a better Joker
                                        Totally agree
                                        Originally posted by Ozziebloke
                                        I mean, yeah, sure, there's benefits to a shaved asshole. But get a little sweaty and try and blow a fart. It just sits there like a bubble. No hair to break the seal. Feels weird.

Alpha
                                        | Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Comment

Zombie land. 5/10.

Comment

The Beyond - 4/10

Comment

Originally posted by KAC View Post
                                              Zombie land. 5/10.
                                              how can they not make Zombie land a 9/10... kill zombies, make jokes, add some cleavage... should be easy, right?

Comment

There was no cleavage.

Comment

The Mule - 7/10

Comment

Yesterday I watched The Gallows Act II and today I watched Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.

I actually kinda liked The Gallows Act II but I'm one of those who didn't really mind the first movie (which I know was almost universally hated). As for Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, I found this one to be a bit boring. Not sure why, maybe it because it was directed at kids or something. Overall, I much preferred The Gallows Act II over Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.

Comment

Originally posted by nutcrackr View Post
                                                      Ouch, 1 is pretty harsh. The movie isn't good but the bullet time bits were cool.
                                                      I'm going to rate it higher at first but after he took the drug I just cant stand it. It could get 4 or 5 out of 10. There are some good moments in the movie, but if you play the game and love it its just painful to watch.

But not as bad as Doom movie. That thing doesn't even worth the Doom name. The last bit where it going first person view is the only saving grace of that movie.
                                                      Originally posted by jimjobob
                                                      If 3 fans left the station at 10:30am cooling at a temp of 63c and one fan was derailed by a stray sata cable on the track, how long would it take all 3 fans to get on Seyiji's last nerve?

(a) Mmmm donuts
                                                      (b) 70c
                                                      (c) Hey there muscly arms, why the long face?
                                                      (d) Must use fire.

Comment

Joker

9/10, a very well-crafted and insightful story. Very dark, very disturbing, and brutal. It's a study of a screwed up man with a screwed up past and present, living in a thoroughly dysfunctional world, who is desperate to make sense of it, and find connection and identity. But can't.

Comment

Sicario. Good movie. Next up is the sequel.
                                                          Originally posted by KAC
                                                          To be honest I never even found doom 3 to be scary since I have a big dick since birth.

Ryzen 5 5600x - radeon 6700xt - 32 gigs memory

Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
                                                          Sega: Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
                                                          Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
                                                          Microsoft: og xbox, xbox360, xbone, series 3
                                                          Atari: Atari 2600, 7800
                                                          Neo Geo: Neo Geo Pocket Color
                                                          Other: Colecovision, Intellivision, Vectrex

riva tnt
                                                          tnt2
                                                          geforce2mx
                                                          kyro 2
                                                          radeon 8500
                                                          radeon 9600
                                                          radeon 9800pro
                                                          radeon x800pro
                                                          geforce 8800gtx
                                                          radeon 6850
                                                          radeon 280
                                                          radeon 580
                                                          radeon 6700xt

Comment

Originally posted by SubCog View Post
                                                            Sicario. Good movie. Next up is the sequel.
                                                            Prepare to be disappointed.

Comment

Zombieland 2.

Thought it was awesome! Some of you guys seemed to be down on it, and I was hearing bad reviews. Maybe I just went into it with low expectations but from where I sat the movie delivered. I left the theater with a smile on my face.

Comment

Originally posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
                                                                Zombieland 2.

Thought it was awesome! Some of you guys seemed to be down on it, and I was hearing bad reviews. Maybe I just went into it with low expectations but from where I sat the movie delivered. I left the theater with a smile on my face.
                                                                I think the general consensus here, and I concur after watching it, is that the movie isn’t bad it’s just not better than the first.

Both are good, but my favorite is still #1.
                                                                I mean, yeah, sure, there's benefits to a shaved asshole. But get a little sweaty and try and blow a fart. It just sits there like a bubble. No hair to break the seal. Feels weird.

Alpha
                                                                | Mobo: MSI P6N-SLI | CPU: Intel C2D E6600 @ 3.2ghz | Memory: 4GB (4x1GB) G.Skill DDR2-800 | Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA 8800GTX | Hard Drive(s): 2xMaxtor 200GB | Sound: Onboard 7.1 HD | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 | PSU: OCZ GameXstream 700w | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Vista Home Premium |

Omega

| Mobo: Asus A8V S939 VIA K8T800 Pro | CPU: Athlon 64 X2 3800+ "Manchester" | Memory: 2GB (2x1GB) OCZ PC3200 Platinum | Video Card: BBA AIW X800 XT | Hard Drive(s): Maxtor 100GB + Maxtor 200GB + WD 120GB | Sound: SB Audigy 2 ZS | DVD Writer: LITE-ON LDW-451S | DVD Reader: Memorex Generic | Case: Antec Lifestyle Sonata II | PSU: Antec 450w SmartPower 2.0 | Mouse: Logitech MX1000 | Keyboard: Logitech Cordless Desktop | Mousepad: fUnc Surface 1030 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 | Monitor: LG L1751S-SN 17" LCD | Scanner: Canon LiDe 35 | OS: Windows XP Media Center Edition |

Comment

Originally posted by Cyko View Post
                                                                  I think the general consensus here, and I concur after watching it, is that the movie isn’t bad it’s just not better than the first.

Both are good, but my favorite is still #1.
                                                                  Its always hard to beat the charm and originality of a first film, for sure.

This sequel comes pretty close though and does not disappoint which is all we could ask for.

Comment

Chips. 4/10.

Comment

The latest Shaft movie: 7/10

Comment

Originally posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
                                                                        This sequel comes pretty close though and does not disappoint which is all we could ask for.
                                                                        Don't disagree with you at all

Now I just need my Madison spin-off flick and I'm all set

Alpha

Omega

Comment

Originally posted by Cyko View Post

Now I just need my Madison spin-off flick and I'm all set
                                                                          Yeah characters like her usually annoy me to hell but she did not. Came off as funny and cute.

Comment

Dat Asstra: You know you were thinking about it! Not enough Lyv in that one damnit...

6-10. I get the typical catholic father son issue but dang they got the science off on this one. Its flawed like Interstellar. Reminded me of Solaris which is a much better film...
                                                                            I talked to the tree. Thats why they put me away!..." Peter Sellers, The Goon Show
                                                                            Only superficial people cant be superficial... Oscar Wilde

Piledriver Rig 2016: Gigabyte G1 gaming 990fx. FX 8350 cpu. XFX RX 480 GTR Cats 22.7.1, SoundBlaster ZXR, 2 x 8 gig ddr3 1866 Kingston. 1 x 2tb Firecuda seagate with 8 gig mlc SSHD. Sharp 60" 4k 60 hz tv. Win 10 home.

Ryzen Rig 2017: Gigabyte X370 K7 F50d bios. Ryzen 5800X3D :). 2 x 8 ddr4 3600 (@3200) Cas 16 Gskill. Sapphire Vega 64 Reference Cooler Cats 22.4.1. 1700 mhz @1.1v. Soundblaster X Ae5, 32" Dell S3220DGF 1440p Freesync Premium Pro monitor, Kingston A2000 1TB NVME. 4 TB HGST NAS HD. Win 11 pro.

Ignore List: Keystone, Andino... -My Baron, he wishes to inform you that vendetta, as he puts it in the ancient tongue, the art of kanlee is still alive... He does not wish to meet or speak with you...-
                                                                            "Either half my colleagues are enormously stupid, or else the science of darwinism is fully compatible with conventional religious beliefs and equally compatible with atheism." -Stephen Jay Gould, Rock of Ages.
                                                                            "The Intelligibility of the Universe itself needs explanation. It is not the gaps of understanding of the world that points to God but rather the very comprehensibility of scientific and other forms of understanding that requires an explanation." -Richard Swinburne

www.realitysandwich.com

www.plasma-universe.com/pseudoskepticism/

Comment

Originally posted by pax View Post
                                                                              Dat Asstra: You know you were thinking about it! Not enough Lyv in that one damnit...

6-10. I get the typical catholic father son issue but dang they got the science off on this one. Its flawed like Interstellar. Reminded me of Solaris which is a much better film...
                                                                              It is MUCH more flawed than Interstellar, by a parsec.

Comment

Burning (2018): 6/10 Korean w/ subtitles, great cinematography with interesting characters but 1) too long and 2) too ambiguous at the end.

Comment

Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween (2018) - 5/10

Meh, not as good as the first one.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                  X