Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In case you don't visit the gaming console forum.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In case you don't visit the gaming console forum.

The PS3's first pics are out

EDIT: pic hosting site is getting killed so go to the console forum for more pics.

Last edited by NissanNazi; May 16, 2005, 06:48 PM.

mmmmmmm, PS3....
    Praise be to the God and father of our lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.

Comment

Hate to say that but, the look of PS3 pwn the X360 *xtimes. Except maybe for the pads.
      gone

Comment

The X360 is ugly as hell. PS3 looks pretty sleek, but I don't like that controller..
        and we did nothing, absolutely nothing

Comment

The controller looks like those plastic neckrest thingies barbers put on your neck before they give you a shampoo.

Comment

none of that is confirmed yet, is it..
            However, I am in the extreme minority, and I understand that there is something fundamentally wrong with me

Comment

Originally posted by niqht

none of that is confirmed yet, is it..
              Yes

Comment

That controller is ugly as heck. I'll go and use it as a boomerang when hunting kangaroo.
                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty, pristine body but rather to come sliding in sideways, all used up and exclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!"

Comment

Originally posted by rayzian
                  The X360 is ugly as hell. PS3 looks pretty sleek, but I don't like that controller..
                  QFT

Phobos:
                  i7 5690X @ 4.2Ghz | Asus Rampage V Extreme | 64GB G.Skill F4-3333C16-16GTZ @ 2800Mhz CL16 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080ti 11GDR5+ x 2 + Custom WC dual loop

Mars:
                  Intel S2600CP4 | Dual Xeon E5-2670 (Octa core HT 3.3Ghz) | 64GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz | 2 x 120GB Vertex 3 SSD RAID 0 (OS) + 240GB Vertex 2 3.5" (VMs) | Intel RAID Module RMS25PB080 + 8 X 2TB WD RAID 5

Deimos on Steam

Comment

Originally posted by Deimos
                    QFT
                    funny
                    Yep, i'm sorry again but the ps3 design just looks so bland...
                    "In the year 2004, ATi fans marveled in their own magnificence as ATi gave birth to catalyst A.I . We don't know who struck first, nVidia or us, but it is us who scorched the IQ forever"
                    R.I.P Vasi, 2002-2011
                    R.I.P Muha, 2010-2021

Comment

Originally posted by clerick
                      Yep, i'm sorry again but the ps3 design just looks so bland...
                      I think the design of the console looks OK, but the controllers?

here is the press release:
                      http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050516/sfm178.html?.v=2

and here:

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/37061

Specs from shacknews:

Backwards compatibility with both PSone and PS2 games.
                      Will use Blu-Ray discs for media; also supports: CD-ROM, CD+RW, DVD, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD+R, and SACD
                      Cell processor at 3.2GHz
                      2.18 teraflops of performance
                      512MB total: 256MB XDR system RAM at 3.2 GHz; 256MB of GDDRVRAM at 700MHz
                      Slot that supports a detachable 2.5in HDD
                      Six USB ports; Memory Stick Duo, SD and Compact Flash support
                      2 HDMI outputs, 1 A/V output, 1 SPDIF optical output, and a 1 gigabit ethernet port
                      Video chat, Internet access, digital picture, audio, and video viewing
                      Capable of handling seven Bluetooth controllers
                      WiFi capable
                      Graphics:
                      Chip is called RSX "Reality Synthesizer" by nVidia, runs at 550MHz
                      128 bit pixel precision and 1080p support
                      300 million transistors; 90nm process
                      Said to be more powerful than two GeForce 6800 Ultras
                      1080p, more powerful than 2 X 6800 ultras and Bluray for 54Gb per disk!
                      Last edited by Deimos; May 16, 2005, 04:53 PM.
                      Phobos:
                      i7 5690X @ 4.2Ghz | Asus Rampage V Extreme | 64GB G.Skill F4-3333C16-16GTZ @ 2800Mhz CL16 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX1080ti 11GDR5+ x 2 + Custom WC dual loop

Mars:
                      Intel S2600CP4 | Dual Xeon E5-2670 (Octa core HT 3.3Ghz) | 64GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz | 2 x 120GB Vertex 3 SSD RAID 0 (OS) + 240GB Vertex 2 3.5" (VMs) | Intel RAID Module RMS25PB080 + 8 X 2TB WD RAID 5

Deimos on Steam

Comment

That controller looks "naughty"

Comment

Originally posted by Deimos
                          Cell processor at 3.2GHz
                          2.18 teraflops of performance
                          That doesn't add up. I smell something fishy... Good thing E3 starts tomorrow and this will most likely be cleared up. I don't see how Cell can jump from 256GFLOPS peak performance @ 4.0GHz to 2.18TFLOPS @ 3.2GHz. That's almost 10x the performance with a *drop* in clockspeed. Whatever happened to PS3 supposedly having 3 or 4 Cells in it?
                          Bah, I'll wait until tomorrow for more...
                          Praise be to the God and father of our lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.

Comment

Who cares how they look? Do you really think that hot girl down the road is ignoring you based on what your game consoles look like?
                            Desktop - | Intel i7-4790 | 16 gigs DDR3 1866 | Fury-X | Windows 10 64-bit

Comment

1. Wrong forum
                              2. CLosed seeing that theres already a dozen threads.

PS: THeres no reason to post "in case you dont visit yadda yadda forums." If one is too lazy to travel outside to other forums, well too bad. No need to clutter the other forums. Their misfortune.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X