Announcement

Collapse

Attention! Please read before posting news!

We at Rage3D require that news posts be formatted in a particular way, so before you begin contributing to the front page, we ask that you study the Rage3D News Formatting Guide first.

Thanks for reading!
See more
See less

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X Geekbenched, Crushes i9-12900K, in the League of the i9-13900K

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X Geekbenched, Crushes i9-12900K, in the League of the i9-13900K

If these numbers prove to be correct when the retail chips are benchmarked, AMD has a very capable product on their hands.

An AMD Ryzen 9 7950X "Zen 4" 16-core/32-thread processor was put through the Geekbench 5.4.5 benchmark, and it's becoming all too clear that AMD has a highly competitive product on its hands. The 7950X yielded a single-threaded score of 2217 points, and 24396 points in the multi-threaded tests. With these scores, the 7950X is about 14% faster than the "Golden Cove" P-cores of the i9-12900K "Alder Lake" processor in the single-threaded tests, and comes out as being 41% faster than it in the multi-threaded test. Against the leaked i9-13900K "Raptor Lake," the 7950X is shown being about 4% slower in the single-threaded test (against the "Raptor Cove" P-cores); and about 7.8% slower in the multi-threaded test.

Sources: techPowerUp!, Benchleaks (Twitter), VideoCardz.com

Click HERE to discuss this topic on our forums!
Working...
X