Announcement

Collapse

Attention! Please read before posting news!

We at Rage3D require that news posts be formatted in a particular way, so before you begin contributing to the front page, we ask that you study the Rage3D News Formatting Guide first.

Thanks for reading!
See more
See less

Apple Watch sales have declined by 90% since launch, research says

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apple Watch sales have declined by 90% since launch, research says

Lets see how the next round fairs..

After releasing its first much-anticipated wearable back in April, Apple seems to be headed through some heavy dilemma. According to a recent study, sales for the much-talked about Apple Watch have dwindled by over 90%.

Slice Intelligence, which records and measures commerce activity by email receipts, has claimed the device's sales in the United States have plummeted from 200,000 units per day since it was launched to just 10,000 units a day, and sometimes even less, by the early days of July.
    Source: Neowin

That's still a lot sold for a shitty product lol. Hell I have one
    Under construction

Comment

Originally posted by nycdarkness View Post
      That's still a lot sold for a shitty product lol. Hell I have one
      Lenovo x61t - Display : 12.1 (Multi-Touch) - CPU : Intel Lv7700 @1.8ghz - Graphics : Intel GMA X3100 graphics - Chipset : Intel 965 Express - Communication : Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
      10/100/1000 Ethernet - RAM : G.skill ddr2 800 4gb - Storage : G.Skill 64 SSD(SLC) - Battery : 8cell

Current Desktop [2016]
      Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 860Pro 512GB/ 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w

Comment

Comment

Maybe because of the misleading commercial and info pre-release that made you think the watch was a stand alone device. When like other makers products is just really a Bluetooth device to be used with your smartphone. I'm still waiting for a real phone watch myself.

Comment

I don't think you'll see a phone watch. It gonna be bulky. I've seen watches that let you make and take calls. The battery suck and you don't have privacy when making calls.
            Lenovo x61t - Display : 12.1 (Multi-Touch) - CPU : Intel Lv7700 @1.8ghz - Graphics : Intel GMA X3100 graphics - Chipset : Intel 965 Express - Communication : Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN
            10/100/1000 Ethernet - RAM : G.skill ddr2 800 4gb - Storage : G.Skill 64 SSD(SLC) - Battery : 8cell

Current Desktop [2016]
            Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 860Pro 512GB/ 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w

Comment

Originally posted by WimpMiester View Post
              Maybe because of the misleading commercial and info pre-release that made you think the watch was a stand alone device. When like other makers products is just really a Bluetooth device to be used with your smartphone. I'm still waiting for a real phone watch myself.
              Originally posted by 0091/2 View Post
              I don't think you'll see a phone watch. It gonna be bulky. I've seen watches that let you make and take calls. The battery suck and you don't have privacy when making calls.
              I've had a gear s since launch. It has it's own sim and can function without my phone. You can also pair bluetooth devices to it. So yea that's been around for a while now. Also, my battery life is about 2 days to 2.5 days on it. The other 3 I have. Urbane, moto360, apple watch max out at one day.
              Under construction

Comment

LG had a stand alone phone watch back in 2009. Took a SIM and all.

http://www.itechnews.net/2008/12/29/...g-watch-phone/
                "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -- Albert Einstein
                Twitch Channel | Steam Profile | Console ID: Pocky4Th3Win

Comment

Originally posted by nycdarkness View Post
                  I've had a gear s since launch. It has it's own sim and can function without my phone. You can also pair bluetooth devices to it. So yea that's been around for a while now. Also, my battery life is about 2 days to 2.5 days on it. The other 3 I have. Urbane, moto360, apple watch max out at one day.
                  Originally posted by |MaguS| View Post
                  LG had a stand alone phone watch back in 2009. Took a SIM and all.

http://www.itechnews.net/2008/12/29/...g-watch-phone/
                  I thought they abandon the cell phone watch idea. I'm glad they didn't give up on the stand alone phone idea.
                  @nycdarkness
                  Do you use it to make calls? I read the battery life is shorter without a phone like 24hrs. The watch seems almost perfect. It'll nice to have a watch to replace my cell phone. I read a few complains about the charger breaking. That makes me nervous.

Current Desktop [2016]

Comment

I thought they abandon the cell phone watch idea. I'm glad they didn't give up on the stand alone phone idea.
                    @nycdarkness
                    Do you use it to make calls? I read the battery life is shorter without a phone like 24hrs. The watch seems almost perfect. It'll nice to have a watch to replace my cell phone. I read a few complains about the charger breaking. That makes me nervous.
                    Battery life is the same without the phone. My phone died (forgot battery pack on top of it)on a hiking trip and I just had the watch till I got home the next day. GPS will drain the battery to 1 day life. People who are draining the battery really quick are most likely browsing the web on the watch etc. I get notifications on my watch all day long and I check them on the watch and I get about 60% batt end of day 1, 10% left on end of day 2. The battery charger is also a spare battery pack that will give you 1 more full charge. My charger is fine after 8 months, I think people who have issues with it are just hard on their electronics. Mine snaps in like day one. Also they are like 15 bucks to replace from amazon?

I do use it to make calls. I have a perpaid sim card in mine, since I usually do have my phone. So it costs me 3 bucks a month to upkeep lol, since I pay 10 bucks for 3 months on that sim.
                    Under construction

Comment

iPhone 6 has dropped the same amount? Why is that no news as well?

This is sensationalism at its best.

Comment

Originally posted by VVanks View Post
                        iPhone 6 has dropped the same amount? Why is that no news as well?

This is sensationalism at its best.
                        Could you post a link to that please?

http://www.businessinsider.com/ubs-i...tations-2015-5

The iPhone 6 is continuing to sell extremely well.

Apple's latest smartphone has already gifted the company the most profitable quarter of any company ever. Now, UBS is estimating the Q2 2015 sales will be even higher than anyone was expecting.
                        http://money.cnn.com/2015/04/27/tech...pple-earnings/

Phone sales typically soar during the last three months of the year and take a dive afterward. The new iPhone 6 debuted in September, helping Apple (AAPL, Tech30) post the most profitable quarter in corporate history during the holiday season. But Apple customers were still buying up an astounding number of iPhones in the first three months of 2015, and the company said a higher rate of people are now switching to iPhones than in the past.

Comment

The other 3 I have. Urbane, moto360, apple watch max out at one day.
                          [This Space For Rent]

Comment

Working...
                          X