Announcement

Collapse

Attention! Please read before posting news!

We at Rage3D require that news posts be formatted in a particular way, so before you begin contributing to the front page, we ask that you study the Rage3D News Formatting Guide first.

Thanks for reading!
See more
See less

Ubisoft's UPlay DRM allows any website to execute code on your computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ubisoft's UPlay DRM allows any website to execute code on your computer

It has been discovered that Ubisoft's UPlay DRM scheme, which permitted the launch of games from a web browser, is insecure. The DRM code allows any website to use the DRM add on to start arbitrary applications installed on the PC.

More details and a test webpage can be found here.

If you have UPlay installed, use your browsers security options to restrict access to the control or disable the plug-in entirely.

Originally posted by caveman-jim View Post
    If you have UPlay installed, use your browsers security options to restrict access to the control or disable the plug-in entirely.
    Was wondering what the hell that was in my addons menu. Disabled it before i even knew what it was.
    Currently Playing: Everything

To Play List: Everything else

Comment

I'm glad that there is a simple fix.

Comment

Ubisoft have released an update to correct this flaw:

We have just released a new patch for Uplay PC, which will update your client to version 2.0.4. This patch corrects a flaw in the browser plug-in that was brought to our attention earlier today. We recommend that you update your Uplay PC application without a web browser open, as this will allow the plug-in to update correctly. An updated version of the Uplay PC installer with the patch is also available from Uplay.com.

Ubisoft takes security issues very seriously, and we will continue to monitor all reports of vulnerabilities within our software and take swift action to resolve such issues.

Comment

Working...
        X