Announcement

Collapse

Attention! Please read before posting news!

We at Rage3D require that news posts be formatted in a particular way, so before you begin contributing to the front page, we ask that you study the Rage3D News Formatting Guide first.

Thanks for reading!
See more
See less

Press Release: NVIDIA nForce® 590 SLI MCP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Press Release: NVIDIA nForce® 590 SLI MCP

nVidia introduces the 590 SLI MCP:

SANTA CLARA, CA—MAY 23, 2006—NVIDIA Corporation (Nasdaq: NVDA), the worldwide leader in programmable graphic processor technologies, continues to redefine the PC as the ultimate gaming platform with the introduction today of the new NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI media and communications processor (MCP), a high-performance motherboard solution for the latest and upcoming x86 PC platforms, including those based on socket AM2 processors by AMD.

* Complete overclocking solution—super-fast silicon with additional clock headroom and the tools to do it, including enthusiast BIOSes and the NVIDIA nTune software application

* NVIDIA FirstPacket™—optimized networking technology that gives higher priority to network game traffic, resulting in lower ping counts for better online gaming experiences

* NVIDIA LinkBoost™ technologyi—automatically increases PCIe bus speeds on the motherboard when LinkBoost-enabled GPUs, such as the NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GTX, are installed

* SLI-Ready Memory—the first core-logic solution to take advantage of the new Enhanced Performance Profiles (EPP) memory specification, unlocking even higher levels of memory DIMM performance

* Advanced NVIDIA DualNet technology with dual Gigabit Ethernet ports, TCP/IP offload, and bandwidth teaming capability—ideal for LAN party game servers and file sharing servers

* Massive storage with support for up to 6 SATA 3Gb/sec hard drives and a dizzying array of RAID configurations including the industry's first dual RAID 5 support on a single controller

- full press release -

Source: nVidia Press Release

now we need an OC competition between the two new AM2 platforms
    I don't always lie, but when I do, I always tell the truth.
    Shivtr | Free Guild Hosting

Comment

I wish I could plug my Opty175 into this board.

can i?

Comment

Originally posted by Anandtech Review
        As we started breaking down the feature list on the nForce 500 series and testing the board we came to the realization that nForce 500 is hardly revolutionary as all the hype would have us believe. In truth nForce 500 is much more evolutionary in nature, with performance that is almost a dead ringer for the current nForce4 chipset. This is not really a surprise since we have not heard or seen anything that characterized nForce 500 as a new core logic. AM2 is the same core with DDR2 support, and NVIDIA's competitor ATI even uses the same chipset name for their Socket 939 and Socket AM2 parts. We would say the NVIDIA nForce 500 is more or less nForce4 with a thick layer of pretty icing.
        http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets...px?i=2764&p=11

Comment

still...roids are good

Comment

Working...
          X