Reverts to 640x480 after XP Reboot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reverts to 640x480 after XP Reboot

I have a Radeon 9000 Pro, and for some reason, whenever I boot (or reboot) my computer, Windows XP starts in 640x480 mode with a 60mhz refresh rate every time. This happens even if I shut down the box properly, etc, so it doesnt only happen after a crash.

I have to log into XP using 640x480 mode, and wait for it to "load my personal settings" before I can access the ATI icon in my taskbar to switch back to my standard 1024x768 @ 85mhz.

Once i change back to my original settings, everything runs fine, until I have to reboot again, and it pops back to 640x480.

I ran a search and didn't come up with anything similar, so wanted to see if you had any advice for me.

Thanks!
    I'll fill all of this out later... right now, I gotta PROBLEM to solve! :)

whats are your stats what drivers are u using ? when u do change screen resoultuion select restart instead of applying setting also instead puttin refesh rate to 85 try 75. wish i had a 9000 pro then again my oc 9200 still rapes it

Comment

Intel p3 450mHz
      Intel BX440 mobo
      384MB PC133 RAM
      80gig WD HDD
      13gig IBM HDD
      200W PSU

Using the most current Cat drivers available from ATI.

I'll try the different refresh rate thingy, although I really like my 85mhz...

Comment

Re: Reverts to 640x480 after XP Reboot

I think the ATI changes from the ATI ICON are quick temp settings.
        Right click on your desktop and select "properties/settings" and change the resolution with the Windows dialog.

Greg

Originally posted by Black Ace
        I have a Radeon 9000 Pro, and for some reason, whenever I boot (or reboot) my computer, Windows XP starts in 640x480 mode with a 60mhz refresh rate every time. This happens even if I shut down the box properly, etc, so it doesnt only happen after a crash.

I have to log into XP using 640x480 mode, and wait for it to "load my personal settings" before I can access the ATI icon in my taskbar to switch back to my standard 1024x768 @ 85mhz.

Once i change back to my original settings, everything runs fine, until I have to reboot again, and it pops back to 640x480.

I ran a search and didn't come up with anything similar, so wanted to see if you had any advice for me.

Thanks!
        No longer here

Comment

Grog, I tried what you said, and it still does the same thing... I appreciate your advice though.. really got my hopes up...

So... any other ideas?

Comment

It would help to know what OS are you using?

Greg

Grog, I tried what you said, and it still does the same thing... I appreciate your advice though.. really got my hopes up...

So... any other ideas?
            No longer here

Comment

Oh my apologies... I must have listed it in another one of my threads somewhere...

I'm using Windows XP Pro

Comment

The Radeon 9000 PRO is a dual head card. Just a guess here but if the second display is configured as 640x480 and overlay mode "clone mode" is set to "theatre mode" and the first and second display is both set to primary this would happen.

I think in theory if both displays were set to primary this could be the case anyway.
                Check the advance/displays settings and see if both displays are enabled and if both are set to primary.

Greg

Oh my apologies... I must have listed it in another one of my threads somewhere...

I'm using Windows XP Pro
                No longer here

Comment

glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem. I have even tried uninstalling the 4.3 driver and reinstalling the 4.2s but once the 4.3s have been installed even if you uninstall them using driver cleaner the problem remains

Comment

the funny thing is this started happening to my 9500 for like a week and ahlf now its friving me crazy i also found my 3d mark score droped and my games are laggin. HAppened when i instaled new drivers dna and ati 4.3. pc boots normally only when i remove the drivers and when xp automically dtects my card. I hate ATI DRIVERS!!!!!!!!! grhhhhhhhhhhhh. i'm getting rdy to do a clean install of xp i want *itchin vidcard bk.

=============================
                    xp1800 @ 2400
                    256 pc 3200
                    fic au13 nforce2ultra
                    80gig maxtor
                    xp professional sp1
                    sapphire radeon 9500 L Shaped @ 370 650

Comment

Working...
                    X