Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

radeon DDR and monkey island 4, anyone tried ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

radeon DDR and monkey island 4, anyone tried ?

I've just installed the 7099, and everything seemed ok...until I started to play monkey4...Whenever I go from one scene to another, a horizontal line appears in the middle of my screen...not too annoying, but noticeable...
    Has anyone played monkey4 with a radeon ? any problems ? which driver ?

thanks
    I fold therefore I am!

No problem. MI4 has a basic 3D engine (like Grim Fandango).
    Intel Pentium 4 2a Ghz. /./ Epox 4BEAR /./ 1024 Mb. PC2100 DDR /./ 2 HDs. WD Caviar SE 80 Gb. each one ATA 100 - 7200 RPM - 8Mb. /./ Ati Radeon 9700Pro + Catalyst 3.10 /./ Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Platinum Ex /./ Creative Cambridge MegaWorks 550 THX 5.1 /./ DVD-ROM Pioneer 106S oem /./ Plextor PlexWriter 48x24x48A /./ ViewSonic 21' G810 /./ Keyboard Cordless iTouch Logitech /./ Mouse Logitech Cordless MouseMan Optical /./ ADSL 512k././ Scaner CanoScan N1220U USB /./ Windows Xp Pro + SP1 /./ DirectX 9.0a /./ IE 6.0
    ----------------------------------
    Rage3d changed my life !!! :)

Comment

that´s what I thought

I´ll try to switch back to the official 7075 drivers and see what happens.
      I fold therefore I am!

Comment

The cool thing was that MI4 actually ran fine with FSAA on, so things were nice and smooth. Too bad Grim Fandango doesn't seem to like it, and TLJ goes dog slow with FSAA at any level.
        BOOBS

Comment

Monkey Island 4 + FSAA

I had this problem, and it seems that MI4 doesn´t like FSAA, if you turn it off, MI4 should work

Comment

Really? worked fine for me in Win2k.
            BOOBS

Comment

not really related to the problem, but more to the game, i was planning on buying that game, what are your thoughts on it and should i buy it??
              CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2600+ (333FSB)
              Mobo: Asus A7N8X-Deluxe
              Memory: Corsair XMS 1GB PC3200 CL2 (dual-channel)
              HD1: WD 120GB Caviar 'Special Edition' SATA (7200 RPM)
              HD2: WD 120GB Caviar 'Special Edition' IDE (7200 RPM)
              Vid Card: Radeon 9700 Pro
              Sound Card: Nvidia SoundStorm (onboard) [NewQ Gold DSP]
              DVD+-R/RW: Sony Dual Layer 16x
              DVD-ROM: Pioneer 16x [slot]

Comment

It depends. In itself, it's an okay adventure game, but man, is it WEAK compared to the first 3. The first three were instant classics, with great graphics (for the time, 3 is still great), dialog, puzzles and stories.. Just freaking amazing, but MI4 in my opinion pales in comparison to them. I was very disappointed. But I happen to be a hardcore MI fan so maybe I'm a bit hard to please. Your mileage may vary.

Don't forget to try The Longest Journey too, if you haven't.
                BOOBS

Comment

hmmm, so you think if this is my first monkey island game i should like it just fine?? i dont even think i've seen the other 3, nobody seems to have them, only the 4th one.

Comment

Monkey Island saga = excellent games
                    You'll love them.
                    Intel Pentium 4 2a Ghz. /./ Epox 4BEAR /./ 1024 Mb. PC2100 DDR /./ 2 HDs. WD Caviar SE 80 Gb. each one ATA 100 - 7200 RPM - 8Mb. /./ Ati Radeon 9700Pro + Catalyst 3.10 /./ Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Platinum Ex /./ Creative Cambridge MegaWorks 550 THX 5.1 /./ DVD-ROM Pioneer 106S oem /./ Plextor PlexWriter 48x24x48A /./ ViewSonic 21' G810 /./ Keyboard Cordless iTouch Logitech /./ Mouse Logitech Cordless MouseMan Optical /./ ADSL 512k././ Scaner CanoScan N1220U USB /./ Windows Xp Pro + SP1 /./ DirectX 9.0a /./ IE 6.0
                    ----------------------------------
                    Rage3d changed my life !!! :)

Comment

Hmm, in that case, I'm not sure how much you'll.. 'get' MI4.. there's a LOT of references to the previous games, which will make veterans laugh out loud but everyone else will be going "i don't get it"

If you buy a copy of Grim Fandango (still findable at EB and such), it comes with a copy of Monkey Island 1 and 2 for free. MI3 used to be on sale for like 5-15 bucks from certain sites on the net, but I forget where. they have it at the company store at www.lucasarts.com
                      BOOBS

Comment

hey guys, thanks for all the info, now that i'm on lucasarts.com, it's opened up a few other games for review, but first, is "The Curse of Monkey Island" the same as Monkey Island 3?? and also, is Grim Fandango a good game too? i was planning on buying it just because of Monkey Islands 1 and 2 being on it, but it looks like a pretty sweet game at the same time. and one more thing, if i order Grim Fandango from LucasArts.com, will it still come with the first two MI's or do i have to buy it from BestBuy or some place like that to get those along with it?? thanks for all your guys' help.
                        -Raymond

Comment

Yep, Curse of Monkey Island -> MI3.

Grim Fandango is an absolutely fabulous game. Just incredible. I think that the first two MIs *should* come with it, since mine were included in the retail packaged box.

If I had to create a list of my top 3 favourite games, it would rank like this:

1) tie between Monkey Island 1, Monkey Island 2, Grim Fandango
                          2) tie between Monkey Island 1, Monkey Island 2, Grim Fandango
                          3) tie between Monkey Island 1, Monkey Island 2, Grim Fandango

BOOBS

Comment

sweet, thanks a lot, well i'm gettin now then, i've been lookin for a good game, thanks again~!

Comment

damn...MI4 really doesn´t like FSAA at all

Hey Barkas, you were right...that weird horizontal line appears only if I switch on FSAA on OpenGL. I tried with 2 samples, but it got worse (when I go from one scene to another, a small frame of the full screen appears instead of the horizontal line...)

Then I tried to use FSAA with D3D, but it just isn´t the same...

man, I should had finished mi4 before returning my Geforce2MX...The radeon is much better, but at least the MX was doing a fine job with FSAA...

Hopefully Ati will work on FSAA on future drivers.

Rudeboy, I think you won´t regret...I also played all the monkey island games and I just loved all of them.
                              But I have to admit, this is the only MI game that I can play WHILE having a normal life, heh
                              I fold therefore I am!

Comment

Working...
                              X