No announcement yet.

New A10-7700K System is awesome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pull the proc and check all the pins are ok, and look in the socket make sure the holes aren't screwy. You may want to pull the mobo and make sure there's no scratches on the back etc.

I've got one of those mobos at my desk, I'll fire it up and see what it does. Which bios version are you using?

Comment

Originally posted by caveman-jim View Post
      Pull the proc and check all the pins are ok, and look in the socket make sure the holes aren't screwy. You may want to pull the mobo and make sure there's no scratches on the back etc.

I've got one of those mobos at my desk, I'll fire it up and see what it does. Which bios version are you using?
      Granted I've no idea what the ins and outs of your job are... but it just sounds freaking amazing. I'd love to have new hardware regularly on hand to play with.
      Originally posted by Akumajo
      a prime time magnifying glass of clusterfark shatstorm brewery.
      Originally posted by wabbitslayer
      congratulations on the anniversary of your emancipation from the Great Uterine Squeeze.
      Originally posted by swingline
      There are two types of people in the world: those that are humble and those that will be.

Comment

awwww yissss

Comment

Thanks for your interest guys!

Dr. C, I think I tried that and using msconfig's safe boot did get there.. but please remember the DVI issues arise when any Catalyst version is installed. It was fine with Microsoft's default driver and DVI. I had the whole win8.1 system up and running great with all drivers (except vid) installed. Everything came to a halt (black screen after POST screen) once the Catalyst driver was installed. As a matter of fact while the cat software was installing, it went through the normal routine then blooped and blopped a couple times and screen went blank. I couldn't tell if the driver package installed or not. The only way to get a viewable screen was to use the Recovery disk and access the restore point BEFORE the driver was installed. When I changed to the VGA cable I found they had installed just fine.

Jim, v1.1 I can't comment on the original BIOS as the first thing I did was update the BIOS through the EUFI BIOS' M-Flash.
          <---Computer #1 in System Specs Button

Computer#2), MSI 970 Gaming, FX 8350, Antec 750w True, 128GB Sandisk SSD, 1TB WD Black, Win 10pro x64
          Computer #3) MSI A88X-G45, AMD A10-7850K, IGP, AMD 2x4GB 2133 Ram (R938G2130U1K),Thermaltake 550w, Win10pro

Comment

Gotcha.

Comment

I ran a couple of APU's on the G45 today, no problems using the DVI port with drivers installed. If you have a spare HD, try a test install of Windows and see if you still get the problem.

Comment

I ran a couple of APU's on the G45 today, no problems using the DVI port with drivers installed. If you have a spare HD, try a test install of Windows and see if you still get the problem.
                Thanks for testing Jim, that was with an A10-7850 and win8.1 right? Unfortunately I don't have a spare HDD kicking around atm.
                <---Computer #1 in System Specs Button

Computer#2), MSI 970 Gaming, FX 8350, Antec 750w True, 128GB Sandisk SSD, 1TB WD Black, Win 10pro x64
                Computer #3) MSI A88X-G45, AMD A10-7850K, IGP, AMD 2x4GB 2133 Ram (R938G2130U1K),Thermaltake 550w, Win10pro

Comment

Working...
                X