Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Front Page News
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Front Page News News and Rage3D articles as it appears on the frontpage.

Old Dec 8, 2015, 02:20 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
bittermann
I didn't do it

bittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default AMD Discusses 2016 Radeon Visual Technologies Roadmap

It looks like AMD is giving us a peek at newer visual technologies that will be integrated into some of its upcoming products. A lot of good info, especially for you 4K aficionados! Thanks go out to forum member 0091/2 for the heads up!

Quote:
This is something that initially caught me off-guard when I first realized it, but AMD historically hasn’t liked to talk about their GPU plans much in advance. On the CPU size we’ve heard about Carrizo and Zen years in advance. Meanwhile AMD’s competitor in the world of GPUs, NVIDIA, releases some basic architectural information over a year in advance as well. However with AMD’s GPU technology, we typically don’t hear about it until the first products implementing new technology are launched.

With AMD’s GPU assets having been reorganized under the Radeon Technologies Group (RTG) and led by Raja Koduri, RTG has recognized this as well. As a result, the new RTG is looking to chart a bit of a different course, to be a bit more transparent and a bit more forthcoming than they have in the past. The end result isn’t quite like what AMD has done with their CPU division or their competition has done with GPU architectures – RTG will talk about both more or less depending on the subject – but among several major shifts in appearance, development, and branding we’ve seen since the formation of the RTG, this is another way in which RTG is trying to set itself apart from AMD’s earlier GPU groups.

As part of AMD’s RTG technology summit, I had the chance to sit down and hear about RTG’s plans for their visual technologies (displays) group for 2016. Though RTG isn’t announcing any new architecture or chips at this time, the company has put together a roadmap for what they want to do with both hardware and software for the rest of 2015 and in to 2016. Much of what follows isn’t likely to surprise regular observers of the GPU world, but it none the less sets some clear expectations for what is in RTG’s future over much of the next year.

Source: Anandtech
Old Dec 9, 2015, 04:38 PM   #2
Treeckcold57
Good ol' ATI

Treeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird singsTreeckcold57 knows why the caged bird sings

I would love to have a 2560x1440 @ 170Hz HDR with 10-bit colors, but too bad, I just got a new monitor though...of course, I won't be upgrade until 2017. Also 240hz SDR is also a really nice option too!

Last edited by Treeckcold57 : Dec 9, 2015 at 04:44 PM.
Treeckcold57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 10, 2015, 12:20 AM   #3
0091/2
We Do It!

0091/2 can recite pi backwards0091/2 can recite pi backwards0091/2 can recite pi backwards0091/2 can recite pi backwards0091/2 can recite pi backwards0091/2 can recite pi backwards0091/2 can recite pi backwards

That kinda of monitor sounds pricey AF.

Current Desktop [2016]
Monitor: NEC EA244wmi | CPU: Intel 3570k @4.2ghz | Heatsink: NH-D14 | GPU: Intel HD4000 | Mobo: ASUS P8Z77-v pro | WiFi: Asus PCEAC68 | SSD: Samsung 830pro 128GB | HDD: WD Black 8========D~13TB | PSU: Seasonic Plat. 660w
0091/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Dec 10, 2015, 05:33 AM   #4
flopper
Radeon R700

flopper is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0091/2 View Post
That kinda of monitor sounds pricey AF.
will look good
Old Dec 10, 2015, 08:29 PM   #5
Alientank
Piss flaps

Alientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshAlientank kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

4k is at the point where it is too expensive and rarely used. Give it 5 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saggypoo View Post
It's happening to Jupiter now? Usually there's objects constantly slamming against Uranus.
Alientank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2015, 02:04 AM   #6
Chuck
How's the flow tonight?

Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Chuck once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Fingers crossed everything delivers. Heck, if Zen performs (which I highly doubt mind lol) like Haswell I can see myself going all AMD.
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 2015, 11:04 PM   #7
noko
Radeon Arctic Islands

noko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete stranger

DP 1.3 and HDMI 2.0a - that would be ideal. Now I would like to go 5130/2160 or 21:9. For me that is almost perfect for gaming and video.
noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2015, 09:42 AM   #8
bittermann
I didn't do it

bittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

I haven't been keeping track so are we getting HDMI 2 first or are we going to 2.0a right away? The latter would be preferable...
Old Dec 12, 2015, 08:58 PM   #9
noko
Radeon Arctic Islands

noko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bittermann View Post
I haven't been keeping track so are we getting HDMI 2 first or are we going to 2.0a right away? The latter would be preferable...
HDMI 2.0 was rushed out to support the resolution. Too many things are missing from the standard which was not formed yet to be good in the long run.
noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2015, 10:00 PM   #10
Gandalfthewhite
Hardware Enthusiast

Gandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled withGandalfthewhite is not someone to be trifled with

Subscriber

sounds like AMD is going straight to 2.0a on top of supporting DP 1.3 on the new cards which is good news.

HOURGLASS = most appropriate named ICON/CURSOR in the Windows world :-)

In a dank corner of ATI central, the carpet covered with corn flakes, the faint sound of clicking can be heard........Click......click, click............as the fate of the graphics world and the future of the human race hangs in the balance.

I know....I know........Keep my day job :-)- catcather
Gandalfthewhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2015, 12:10 AM   #11
MaxSt
Radeon Arctic Islands

MaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete strangerMaxSt once held a door open for a complete stranger

It's about time with DP 1.3

DP 1.2 situation starting to get slightly ridiculous.
MaxSt is offline   Reply With Quote