Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

General News News as it appears on the frontpage of Rage3D.com

"

Old Jun 8, 2012, 03:12 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
caveman-jim
Retired

caveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwardscaveman-jim can recite pi backwards

Videocard ARM to announce new MALI GPU's at AMD Fusion Developer Summit next week

Last year's Keynote address was quite interesting, and gave some good info about ARM's next MALI GPU, that's DirectX 11 / OpenCL compliant.

I am excited to be speaking at the AMD Fusion Developer Summit. I shall be speaking, but in a talk that is not listed as part of the agenda, but as part of one of the keynote talks. As many of you may know, my appearance last year generated a lot of speculation about the nature of the relationship between ARM and AMD. I gave a talk about the things that the two companies agreed on rather than what we disagreed on. Mostly I talked about OpenCL and the importance of open standards going forward, and how that related to heterogeneous compute systems.

This year, we have a great deal to discuss. ARM is all about low power and many people in the industry now realize that GPUs have a central role to play in providing highly energy-efficient computing. It’s an exciting future that can grow the ecosystem that surrounds computing. ARM’s unique portfolio of CPU, GPU, interconnect and physical IP puts us at the forefront of one of the most important technological changes in a long time. Reflecting on that and some of those changes, I will be making an announcement at the show.

Read more in the full ARM Blog here.
caveman-jim is offline   Reply With Quote