Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Front Page News
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Front Page News News and Rage3D articles as it appears on the frontpage.

Old Mar 10, 2004, 03:01 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Default CATALYST 4.3

That’s right!!
The CATALYST SUITE 4.3 is now up for your total Graphic Multimedia needs.

New features include Surroundview support for IGP products, and a new Rotation tab for RADEON products.

Performance improvements:
-The Pixel Shader performance of our DX9-class products has improved considerably with Catalyst 4.3.
-Halo and Tomb Raider framerates are up 3-7%.
-Shader-specific technology tests such as ShaderMark show gains in the region of 10-20% or more.
-3DMark03's Mother Nature scene runs 2-5% faster across the entire DX9 product line. Our 3DMark03 Pixel Shader 2.0 framerate improves 7-15%.
-Aquamark 3 performance has also improved slightly, at higher resolutions.

Resolved issues:
-Setting the video resolution to 1280x1024 in the game Medal of Honor: Spearhead, along with Anti-Aliasing set to 2x no longer results in the main menu of the game not displaying properly.
-Display corruption is no longer noticed when playing the game Aquanox under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON(tm) 9100 IGP series installed. This issue is was known to occur when specific video options have been customized.
-Running the game Hegemonia under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON 8500 series installed no longer results in all of the main menu options and the 3D textures in the background not being available.
-The operating system no longer fails to respond when launching the game TrackMania with a RADEON 7000 series installed.
-Background colour corruption is no longer seen when playing the game Armed and Dangerous.
-Poor performance is no longer noticed when playing the game Homeworld 2 with extended desktop enabled or when Anti-Aliasing is set to 4x.
-Visual corruption is no longer seen when playing the game Spy Hunter.
*Setting the resolution in the game Enclave to 1024x768 or higher no longer results in display corruption.
-The Windows operating system no longer intermittently fails to respond when playing the game Jedi Knight 2 with the display set to 1024x768 32bpp and the game option set to High Quality.
-Windows problems are no longer noticed when playing the game Homeworld 2 in single player mode.
-Texture corruption is no longer seen when playing the game Battlefield 1942.

Be sure to head over to ATI.com to find which driver that corresponds with your system's specs.

Windows 2000/XP
Complete package
Display driver
Control panel
WDM capture driver

Windows 98/Me
Complete package
Display driver
Control panel
WDM capture driver

Windows XP Media Center Edition
Complete package
Display driver
Control panel

I would also like to point out that ATi has also released a set for Linux!
ATI Proprietary Linux Driver Features
The ATI proprietary Linux driver provides TV Output support for ATI graphics cards that support TV out. The ATI proprietary Linux driver also allows for the following monitor arrangements:
-Laptop Mode (toggle between internal or external screen)
-Clone Mode (same content on both screens)
-Big Desktop (one desktop stretched across two screens)
-Dual Head (separate instances of XFree86 running on each screen

New Features
The latest version of the ATI proprietary Linux driver now provides support for the ATI RADEON™ 9800 XT.

Resolved Issues in the ATI Proprietary Linux Driver Version 3.7.6
The following section provides a summary of issues that have been resolved in the latest release of the ATI Proprietary Linux Driver. These include:
-The ATI Proprietary Linux driver no longer fails to load on AMD Athlon systems. Further information on this issue can be found at: http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4469.html
-The ATI Proprietary Linux driver version 3.7.6 provides hardware acceleration under WineX. Further information on this issue can be found at: http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4470.html

Known Issues
The following section provides a brief description of known issues associated with the latest version of ATI proprietary Linux driver. These include the following:
-3D Linux applications exhibit tearing in fast moving objects. Further information on this issue can be found at: http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4464.html
-TV Display is corrupt after switching resolutions. Further information on this issue can be found at: http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4462.html
-3D Linux applications corrupt or hang with force multi-sample visuals enabled. Further information on this issue can be found at: http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4463.html
-ATI Control Panel gamma controls turn the display green. Further information on this issue can be found at: http://www.ati.com/support/infobase/4461.html

Linux
Linux 3.7.6

ENJOY!!
**G.I.BRO** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2004, 03:15 PM   #2
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel**G.I.BRO** once jumped the English Channel

Thanks hanners for the driver break down for all the links!
Old Mar 10, 2004, 03:15 PM   #3
Tork64
Radeon Arctic Islands

Tork64 is still being judged by the masses

wow very cool where did this come from ? lol
Tork64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 10, 2004, 03:16 PM   #4
**G.I.BRO**
Berwip crawna-wi pinibon

Quote:
Originally posted by Seabook
wow very cool where did this come from ? lol
One of many droooling things that ATi has up its sleeves!
Old Mar 10, 2004, 10:25 PM   #5
logen1869F
Banned

logen1869F is still being judged by the masses

( x 10^9)
logen1869F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2004, 10:38 PM   #6
DarN
Radeon R200

DarN is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
-The Pixel Shader performance of our DX9-class products has improved considerably with Catalyst 4.3.
That's really cool. I didn't think there was more to be had on the performance front.
Can't wait to try them out!

GA-X48-DQ6
Q6660 @3.5
2x2048MB Corsair Dominator
HIS 4870X2, Syncmaster 244T
Logitech S510/G9, Logitech Z-680
XiFi Fata1ity
4.5TB Storage
DarN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2004, 05:48 AM   #7
Abysmal
GeForce 6800 Ultra

Abysmal is still being judged by the masses

woo!
BBA Radeon X1900GT
Abysmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2004, 08:39 AM   #8

avatarx is still being judged by the masses

Talking

Halo runs faster with the new driver! Rat race level is no longer choppy on my computer. Use halo.exe -use20 when you run Halo, it uses 2.0 shader (default is 1.0 i think).
avatarx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2004, 06:11 PM   #9
dariusjs

dariusjs is still being judged by the masses

anyone else had problems with these drivers? i cant seem to disable fast writes which is what i need to do for my PC to function properly (revision 1 9700pro)
dariusjs is offline   Reply With Quote