Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Archived Discussions » Radeon Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Technical Support Radeon technical support forum for all Radeon products from the classic Radeon to the latest cutting edge family of graphics cards.

Old Mar 14, 2003, 08:37 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
tdd
Radeon R300

tdd is still being judged by the masses

Default Big Problem with Cat 3.2 Install.

4 times I have tried to install the Cat 3.2 drivers and control panel on my ATI 9700 (not Pro) and each time I've followed to the letter Genius'"Installation Guide for Newbies" (from the driverheaven forum). When I get to the point of installing the drivers and click on the installation file, the screen goes black for a second and then I get a blue screen with white lettering telling me that I've got to turn the machine off to avoid damage and that the problem "appears to be at mxdisk.sys - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA".

I've also tried another similar install method using the DriverCleaner and the same thing happens when I click on the installation file.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 09:15 AM   #2
ScYcS
Radeon R300

ScYcS is still being judged by the masses

I would start with downloading the driver again. Maybe your download had a crc error somewhere along the line and it causes this weird behaviour. Get the file again and try with the newly downloaded file.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 09:28 AM   #3
tdd
Radeon R300

Thought the same thing and downloaded it twice, once from the ATI site and once from the link in this forum and I got the same problem each time.
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 14, 2003, 09:34 AM   #4
macleod199
Radeon R700

macleod199 is still being judged by the masses

Default Re: Big Problem with Cat 3.2 Install.

Quote:
Originally posted by tdd
4 times I have tried to install the Cat 3.2 drivers and control panel on my ATI 9700 (not Pro) and each time I've followed to the letter Genius'"Installation Guide for Newbies" (from the driverheaven forum). When I get to the point of installing the drivers and click on the installation file, the screen goes black for a second and then I get a blue screen with white lettering telling me that I've got to turn the machine off to avoid damage and that the problem "appears to be at mxdisk.sys - PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA".

I've also tried another similar install method using the DriverCleaner and the same thing happens when I click on the installation file.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.
Have you tried searching for mxdisk.sys on your system/the net and seeing if you can tell what it is? It sounds like a bum driver for a different part of your system.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 10:29 AM   #5
tdd
Radeon R300

Found it. "mxDisk.sys" is a system file in Ontrack's SystemSuite which is my antivirus/firewall/utility suite. I'm going to contact SystemSuite's support about this. In the meantime, I'm going to disable the antivirus and firewall and see if that solves it or uninstall SystemSuite and then try the installation.

Thanks for your help and I'll let you know how things turn out b/c this may affect others who may be having the same problem.