Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Graphics Technology Forums » Radeon Technical Support
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Radeon Technical Support Radeon technical support forum for all Radeon products from the classic Radeon to the latest cutting edge family of graphics cards.

"

Old Nov 1, 2000, 11:12 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
teeact
Radeon HD 6870

teeact is still being judged by the masses

i cant seem to install it.. can anyone help me???

i almost regreted buying this card, and almost decided to flame this board hehe.. but the latest official drivers really made a different, i've downloaded the latest special purpose drivers and it stops installing in the middle...

teeact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2000, 11:20 AM   #2
cquinn
Radeon HD 6870

cquinn is still being judged by the masses

Are you doing a fresh install, or installing on top of the previous
drivers & MMC files? Do you get any type of error messages during
the install?

I have not been able to get any of the newer drivers to install as
long as any of the previous ATI files are still on the system.
My situation is on the extreme edge, but I think that something(s)
in the ATI install are stepping on other parts of the system.
cquinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2000, 11:20 AM   #3
RadeonMAXX
Driver FiEND

RadeonMAXX is still being judged by the masses

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by teeact:
i cant seem to install it.. can anyone help me???

i almost regreted buying this card, and almost decided to flame this board hehe.. but the latest official drivers really made a different, i've downloaded the latest special purpose drivers and it stops installing in the middle...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't start any flame wars...we had plenty (Nvidia users) a few days ago. To answer your question..it usually only freeze up when your copying over the drivers. If you haven't uninstall the official drivers do that...reboot & then install the beta drivrs..it should work. Hope this helps.

------------------
Infringement is a b*tch ain't it?

[This message has been edited by RadeonMAXX (edited 11-01-2000).]
RadeonMAXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 1, 2000, 11:21 AM   #4
otheipion
Shadow in the Sun

otheipion is still being judged by the masses

You are not the first person to have posted with this complaint. I, too, could not install the special purpose drivers (easily) after first installing the drivers off of the ATI CD. I settled with using the 3056 drivers for the time being because they are very stable and I have not heard of any convincing advantage that is conferred by installing 3063. ATI is aware of the problem and is working on it. When the 3063 drivers are finally out of beta, then I'll be installing them - if there is good reason to...
otheipion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2000, 09:48 PM   #5
teeact
Radeon HD 6870

teeact is still being judged by the masses

i made a fresh reformat... the driver didnt want to install no matter what, i tried straight after WinME installation, and after the original drivers and the latest official drivers... still stops at the same place.. maybe the drivers i downloaded is corrupted??

anyway, how come my computer wont wake up after standby, the sound of my fish screensaver is still on but the computer wont respond, anyone have a solution for this?? it is true that Nvidia and 3DFX makes better drivers and compability than ATI isnt it?? but im happy with my Radeon 32DDR anyway...
teeact is offline   Reply With Quote