Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Off Topic Lounge
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Off Topic Lounge Discuss anything you want here folks. A place for computer junkies to boldly post Off Topic... Rant and rave if it is necessary, but just try to keep it clean!

Old Jul 5, 2019, 09:23 PM   #31
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
andino
Radeon Arctic Islands

andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'andino once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post
Dunno if this deserves it's own thread, so I'll schtick it here:

Also in honor of the 50th anniversary of the moon landing, HBO is re-airing its epic series From the Earth to the Moon, re-mastered, starting July 15th. I think it will also be available via disc.

[consider it schtuck]
OH F*** YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been waiting on that for YEARS! Ever since BlueRay came out!
andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2019, 10:31 PM   #32
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

BRD: https://www.deepdiscount.com/from-th...n/883929680566

Write-up: https://www.vox.com/culture/2019/7/5...llo-miniseries *

* I wish HBO would re-air much of it's 90's catalogue. Their real foray into self-made content, as the Vox story says, was the movies. The story links to Barbarians at the Gate from 1993. Two of my faves were 1990's By Dawn's Early Light and 96's Courage Under Fire.
One of the significant things about From the Earth to the Moon was it was the first transition away from feature-length movies into episodic series and mini-series.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 10:39 AM   #33
acroig
Master Troll

acroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand sunsacroig glows with the radiance of a thousand suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by JZL View Post
Dunno if this deserves it's own thread, so I'll schtick it here:

Also in honor of the 50th anniversary of the moon landing, HBO is re-airing its epic series From the Earth to the Moon, re-mastered, starting July 15th. I think it will also be available via disc.

[consider it schtuck]
Yes, looking forward to getting that. I was gifted Apollo 11 for bday.

yoz
acroig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jul 20, 2019, 12:16 PM   #34
JZL
Starship Trooper

JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'JZL once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Tempted to start a new thread, but Apollo 11 should speak for itself, and if you don't know today is the 50th anniversary of the landing and moonwalk-- well now you do.

I was eight at the time, at home, glued to the TV like most people. It was a Sunday, and iirc, the landing was in the afternoon and the moonwalk was around 10pm local time (CDT).
Old Jul 20, 2019, 01:09 PM   #35
Bires
50 lb lap dog ;)

Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Bires once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

My copy of First Man just showed up. I'm going to eat junk food and nerd out.

Also, Curiosity Stream has lots of cool videos about the Apollo missions.
My computer? I've put its specs in the box to the left.
There are many people on the Rage3D forums.
They're very proud of their computers.
Bires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2019, 10:55 PM   #36
Spencer
CA Driftwood

Spencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete strangerSpencer once held a door open for a complete stranger

I was in between the 8th and 9th grade on that day in '69, watching it on tv in the family room with mom and dad. So I'm another old fart, nothing against the other posters/members who saw the live broadcast.

And I think I was a graphics w*ore even back then at age 14 because I complained to my parents that the picture was so blurry as the guy was stepping down the ladder onto the moon's surface.
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2019, 11:10 AM   #37
JZL
Starship Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
I was in between the 8th and 9th grade on that day in '69, watching it on tv in the family room with mom and dad. So I'm another old fart, nothing against the other posters/members who saw the live broadcast.

And I think I was a graphics w*ore even back then at age 14 because I complained to my parents that the picture was so blurry as the guy was stepping down the ladder onto the moon's surface.
I think the video scanning was incompatible with the networks', so for broadcasting they had to set up a network camera in front of a NASA monitor, further contributing to the shittiness of the broadcast vid. They realized the fack-up and fixed it for Apollo 12, which maybe even had color.