Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Jun 16, 2019, 09:51 PM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Default Blair Witch game

Bloober Team are working on an official Blair Witch game. Set in 1996, you go after a boy that is missing in the woods. You will be joined by a dog named Bullet.

Game is out August 30, 2019. Bloober Team previously did Layers of Fear 1/2 and Observer.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2019, 01:10 AM   #2
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Yep, already on my Steam wishlist. I've really liked everything Bloober Team has done so far. Plus, I'm a big fan of The Blair Witch Project.
Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100 with 2 x Scythe GentleTyphoon 1850 rpm fans | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2019, 03:01 AM   #3
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Unlike the original film this one shows a "generic" monster in the reveal so there is 90% of the suspense gone. They also stated is Blair Witch by name only and its their own story with the only similar thing appearing to be the wood has the same name.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Jun 17, 2019, 06:43 AM   #4
zizbuka
Judgemental Old Guy

zizbuka is still being judged by the masses

Will I have the option to shoot an annoying girl who won't shut up? That's what I remember of Blair Witch. That and the 3 games Gathering Of Developers released.
zizbuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2019, 08:58 AM   #5
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

The best Blair Witch game was the first by the Nocturne creators. Cleverly disguised as a semi Nocturne sequel. Very well done, kept the Blair Witch mythology while keeping the game genuinely scary/suspenseful.

If they're just doing their own thing here, then they're basically grabbing the publishers money to fund their own game if it's "by name only".

It probably won't be as good as GoD's Blair Witch game as well.
But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Exposed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2019, 09:35 AM   #6
kboye
9700PRO RIP

kboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultykboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Wait, what? Semisequal to Nocturne? Was it called Blair Witch? I always thought that was Blood Rayne (Svetlana mission)
Old Jun 18, 2019, 09:46 AM   #7
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Exposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird singsExposed knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by kboye View Post
Wait, what? Semisequal to Nocturne? Was it called Blair Witch? I always thought that was Blood Rayne (Svetlana mission)
Yup, a direct followup to Nocturne in the Blair Witch universe. Though, you don't get to play as the Stranger, but he has a major appearance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blair_...I:_Rustin_Parr

But hey, let us not forget that while you bemoan about how Hollywood is bending over backwards for that market, you're also asking them to simultaneously consider the 'delicate' sensibilities of those state side who need to see a flag plastered all over the place like some Michael Bay movie barfed into another equally worse Michael Bay movie that then **** into the mouth of the team who designs the Call of Duty campaigns with all of their red, white and blue awesomeness with such an overly large boner for America that one does not need to actually 'fly' to the moon, they simply could tight rope on top if it. And if you're concerned about whether or not that penis is strong enough to be load bearing for such a journey, you forget that what fills all of those engorged crevices is freedom.
Old Jun 18, 2019, 05:13 PM   #8
kboye
9700PRO RIP

kboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultykboye can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Thumbs up

Rustin Parr! Can't believe I missed that! THANKS
Old Jun 19, 2019, 05:29 AM   #9
zizbuka
Judgemental Old Guy

zizbuka is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by kboye View Post
The executable is even nocturne.exe. There were 3 Blair Witch games back then. I think Gathering Of Developers was the publisher for all 3, but not sure. I still have the discs, something about the cases they used is just cool to me.
zizbuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 19, 2019, 08:02 AM   #10
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Terminal Reality is the developer behind Nocturne and Blair Witch 1.

Blair Witch 2 and 3 were done by other studios.

Was cool that TR, when contracted to make the first game, said "Hey, let's put our Nocturne characters in there".
Old Jun 19, 2019, 09:41 AM   #11
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Rustin Parr and Nocturne where great games with poor controls that really need to be remade with modern RTX graphics. The story's and atmosphere are still rarely matched in modern games.

Love the dread and scares!
Old Jul 29, 2019, 03:47 PM   #12
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Updated trailer, get a spare clean pair of undies ready for the August release.

Old Jul 29, 2019, 04:20 PM   #13
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

Regular games that claim to be scary aren't scary at all, because they're just games or give you guns.

By regular, I mean standard run of the mill play on your monitor or TV.

VR horror games, on the other hands, is just too much for me. Especially when the game makes use of jump scares. Completely different feeling when you're "in the game".

I learned this real quick with even simple games like Dreadhalls where it looks amusingly like an old outdated dungeon game on a flat screen, but holy **** those halls come to life in VR.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 09:35 PM   #14
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

nutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundnutcrackr can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

Looks neat. They can really **** with people if they kill that dog after it has been useful the whole game.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 02:17 AM   #15
Kain
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'Kain once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Pre-order is up on Steam.

Intel Core i7-3930K | Corsair Hydro Series H100 with 2 x Scythe GentleTyphoon 1850 rpm fans | GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 | 16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3 2133 MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING | Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD | Crucial m4 256 GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2 TB | Pioneer BDR-206DBK | Corsair Professional Series Gold AX850 | Corsair Obsidian Series 650D | ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | 2 x JBL LSR305 + 1 x JBL LSR310S | Microsoft SideWinder X4 | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | SteelSeries QcK mini | Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Kain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2019, 02:21 AM   #16
logical
What is my purpose?

logical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmlogical achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Ill probably pick this one up on xbox to play in the living room.

logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2019, 09:54 PM   #17
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

This game runs like **** on my 2080Ti at 4k. Supposedly there's a performance patch live but have no idea if my game has it since i downloaded using xbox game pass. Steam has the patch live already.

Then, theres this annoying ass depth of field effect where only the center of the screen is sharp and clear, everywhere around the center is fuzzy and blurred.

Wish there was a way to turn off this crap cinematic effect.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 10:07 PM   #18
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

Yeah heard it runs crap, what a shame.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 10:33 PM   #19
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

This game pass BS is proving why it's better to just get the game on steam. There's no support or community on xbox game pass for PC, so the only place for game update news is Steam community. Except the devs seem to be ignoring any questions for game pass gamers, and steam version already has the day 1 patch while I can't tell Dick from Jane if it's applied to game pass version. Reading from others the day 1 patch has not yet been applied to game pass.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 11:34 AM   #20
Evileh
Keep your pimp hip strong

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exposed View Post
This game pass BS is proving why it's better to just get the game on steam. There's no support or community on xbox game pass for PC, so the only place for game update news is Steam community. Except the devs seem to be ignoring any questions for game pass gamers, and steam version already has the day 1 patch while I can't tell Dick from Jane if it's applied to game pass version. Reading from others the day 1 patch has not yet been applied to game pass.
Nope no patch yet, that's because the xbox version (still pc) and ps4 have to go through quality assurance testing before the patch is live. So yeah the game pass version even though being pc is still probably bound to those terms because it's on live. I'm assuming gears 5 even though it being on steam will be bound to the same terms because it also uses live.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84
Xbox Live Gamer's Tag: Evileh

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Evileh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2019, 03:11 PM   #21
Mangler
PC

Mangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundMangler can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

The gamepass version of metro did not get any patches until the first part of the season pass was out.

Seems like the publishers are happy to take the gamepass money but are not willing to support the gamepass versions properly.
Mangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2019, 04:48 PM   #22
Evileh

Evileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird singsEvileh knows why the caged bird sings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangler View Post
The gamepass version of metro did not get any patches until the first part of the season pass was out.

Seems like the publishers are happy to take the gamepass money but are not willing to support the gamepass versions properly.
again... certification requirements
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
wtf. seriously. this has got to be the worst game i have EVER played. far worse than left behind."
Old Aug 31, 2019, 05:57 PM   #23
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

According to devs patch will be rolled out to windows store version in a few days.
Old Aug 31, 2019, 06:47 PM   #24
Evileh

Best dog I've seen in a game. Also, with having an icue keyboard, the integration in it makes those scary moments where weird **** is happening even more immersive. Pitch black and weird ass tree and sounds in front of my keyboard goes off like a haunted Christmas tree right at the exact moment. I was like holy Christ that scared me.
Battlefield 3 Stats
Xfire evilgenius84

Sittal on BF2142 "
Old Aug 31, 2019, 09:57 PM   #25
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

I played it a few hours last night. I have to say it actually made me feel somewhat sensitive to what I could best describe as a sense of doom. The environment is creepy, and the oppressive feeling that something bad is about to happen to Bullet kept me nervous. And horror games typically don't make me feel this way . Not sure about the patch on game pass, but it runs well enough on my system.

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2019, 11:14 PM   #26
nutcrackr
OT Moderator

I kinda want to try it but might wait a few days for the winblows store patch.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 02:09 AM   #27
Thr0tt
Radeon Caribbean Islands

Thr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyThr0tt can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Reviews say glitchy and not scary due to dog prewarning all the time ? Straight to gamepass surely indicates preemptive dud in the making like straight to dvd movies ?
Old Sep 1, 2019, 03:53 AM   #28
Dungeoncrawler
Radeon Arctic Islands

Dungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwardsDungeoncrawler can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thr0tt View Post
Reviews say glitchy and not scary due to dog prewarning all the time ? Straight to gamepass surely indicates preemptive dud in the making like straight to dvd movies ?
I did get stuck in the environment once resulting in lost time due to reload. Not sure it releasing to game pass constitutes a bad game. More likely a lure to purchase the service?

Quote:
I cannot but conclude that the Bulk of your Natives, to be the most pernicious Race of little odious Vermin that Nature ever suffered to crawl upon the Surface of the Earth.
Dungeoncrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 1, 2019, 08:09 AM   #29
Exposed
ESB Sports Bookie

The shitty performance is apparent in the prologue daytime areas. However, once it turns nightfall, I seem to be at 60fps locked at 4k with everything cranked.

The game itself is quite good, and Bullet appears to be a good dog companion with decent AI. Yes, he will bark if he finds something suspicious and nudge you to go there, which kinda makes sense because dogs can smell and find things normal people cannot with their own senses. To me it doesn't make the game easier, or less scary because he senses where something is lurking in the dark. You still have to find it (or it'll find you) and deal with it. Without Bullet you'd be sure as dead in the woods out on your own.

First encounters in the woods I think are well done. Not like Outlast where you're completely helpless and all you can do is run. They show the first enemies in the trailer so it's not really a spoiler to talk about them. They are camouflaged when still and move insanely fast. You need Bullet's help otherwise you're dead if you just randomly start running away or shining your lightly aimlessly. If you also run away and leave Bullet behind they will attack the dog and i don't know what consequences that will have, I just try to never that situation happen.

At the point where it's daylight again and the sheriff dies and you find his body. Can't say I didn't see that coming, the video and clues suggest someone he knew did. I'm starting to suspect it's the game character itself (Ellis) who's responsible, which is why he blacks out alot.

Last edited by Exposed : Sep 1, 2019 at 08:26 AM.
Old Sep 1, 2019, 11:37 AM   #30
SirBaron
Hallowed are the Ori

SirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundSirBaron can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

For some reason the fov on this kills me even on full. Never had this before with a game even the Consolitus of 360/ps3 era.

PS4/PC Streaming - Streaming PS Indie Titles + Infamous, Metal Gear, and Killzone Shadow Fall

Fantards the scourge of the universe:
SirBaron is offline   Reply With Quote