Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » Console Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Console Gaming A place to discuss our favourite past and present gaming consoles. Talk about your favorite games, get nostalgic and share tips and strategies.

Old May 14, 2019, 11:08 PM   #1291
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Haha yeah, but I'll keep the Madden just because its on GameCube and I can use the great condition GameCube case to swap with a better game that has a beat up case. I actually pick up any cheap good condition sports games on GameCube for that reason. Just need to remove the NFL license sticker which is a PITA.
Yeah, I sometimes wonder about people who go for complete collections... does anyone really want to have every version of every sports game on the gamecube?

Quote:
I think I was most happy at getting the Wavebird receiver...
I have 2 wavebirds, but I'd like to get another couple and just put my wired controllers in storage forever. I bought them from gamestop's online store, for some reason they were marked down to $25 each. I really should have bought all 4 then.

Quote:
I now have the complete sub-set on GameCube. Mario Party 4,5,6,7.
Cool beans. Actually I don't think I've ever actually played a mario party game, but they seem neat and I'd definitely pick them up if I could get them at good prices.

Ryzen 2600x - Radeon 580 - 16 gigs memory

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
Sega Master System, Genesis, 32x, Sega CD, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
SubCog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2019, 08:49 AM   #1292
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubCog View Post
Yeah, I sometimes wonder about people who go for complete collections... does anyone really want to have every version of every sports game on the gamecube?
It takes a special kind of person to want to collect full sets. I think its definitely an OCD thing, an itch they have to scratch to feel satisfied. Thankfully I don't have that itch. I just collect games I personally think are cool and want to have in my curated collection, period.

Quote:
I have 2 wavebirds, but I'd like to get another couple and just put my wired controllers in storage forever. I bought them from gamestop's online store, for some reason they were marked down to $25 each. I really should have bought all 4 then.
$25 each with their receivers? If so that's a super good deal. Right now on Ebay best you're going to do is about $50, and that's only if you catch a rare good deal.

Quote:
Cool beans. Actually I don't think I've ever actually played a mario party game, but they seem neat and I'd definitely pick them up if I could get them at good prices.
Meh, they are OK. I enjoy playing them with my son occasionally. They are definitely more fun with more people.
Meteor_of_War is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2019, 09:50 AM   #1293
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppersMeteor_of_War has a basement full of buried neg-reppers

One more pick up this week off FB. I don't usually like to buy loose Genesis games but this guy was only 10 minutes from my work making for an easy transaction. All this for $50 and there's a game I've wanted for a while. Mega Bomberman, and i should be able to easily sell my duplicates and make that $50 back.

Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old May 21, 2019, 06:28 PM   #1294
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

This deal was in progress since Sunday but I did not want to talk about it with anyone for fear of jinxing it. But yay I can now talk about it!

Sunday morning I check FB and everything like usual, and this stuff is listed all for $20. I stop for a minute and wonder WTF is going on. Then I decide OK, I'll bite BUT I'm going to offer more. Doing that could be good or bad depending on how you look at it. On the bad side, you could be dealing with someone who has no clue what their stuff is worth and offering more could clue them in to that. But on the good side, you could get a good offer in that tops all the competition stupidly clamoring to get all this for only $20. So I take a shot and offer $50 and it gets accepted.

Yes, the Ocarina of Time and Metroid Prime are sealed.

In the end after meeting her I asked about the price. Turned out she meant to list for $200 but left out the second zero and by the time she realized it she had like a hundred messages. I told her there was no shame in relisting it and telling people it was a typo but man, this chic had honor. She insisted she sell for what she posted it at. Also, this stuff was her ex-boyfriend's and I think it was a revenge sale so she didn't really care that much.

There's actually a little more to this pickup story for whoever's actually reading:

So turned out this girl worked at a "Intimate Apparel" store and she needed me to meet her there. So I'm like whatever, OK. I'd meet her in a sewer for this deal. But when I get there and introduce myself she for a split second doesn't recall me, then remembers, and then also remembers she left the games at her house. She tells me no worries its a 30 minute trip back and she'll get them right now. So there I am, little innocent old Meteor_of_War in all his vanilla sex glory stuck in a sex shop for half hour trying to bide my time lol. I think I've seen enough dildos and vibrators to last me a while. But with this incredible deal she gave me I might take my wife there later and buy something.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 05:37 PM   #1295
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Here's my recent finds from past few weeks. Some good stuff here!

This Sega Saturn lot was a steal at only $40, but sadly a lot of the manuals had water damage and couldn't be salvaged. Trying to replace them but will probably take a while. Happy to get Children of the Atom though, awesome Capcom fighter.

Old Jun 16, 2019, 03:45 PM   #1296
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

SubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwardsSubCog can recite pi backwards

Wowzers Meteor, nice find on the saturn stuff! I'm especially jealous about the Street Fighter the Game the Movie the Game, which must be awesome on Saturn!

NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, Gameboy, Gameboy Pocket, Gameboy Color, Virtual Boy, 6 GBAs, DS, 3ds
PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Jun 17, 2019, 10:37 AM   #1297
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Wowzers Meteor, nice find on the saturn stuff! I'm especially jealous about the Street Fighter the Game the Movie the Game, which must be awesome on Saturn!
Lol, the Street Fighter The Movie game is actually quite good. Its basically a barebones version of Street Fighter II with digitized graphics like Mortal Kombat 1. Its surprisingly fun and controls just like SFII. I for some reason always heard the game was crap but its definitely not.

But yeah I hardly ever see Saturn games anymore, and when I do they're usually pricey. This seller was just trying to get rid of them especially because of the water damage. Saddest thing was the X-Men Children of the Atom manual and back artwork being ruined, since its a pricey game. But I actually just bought a case and manual only listing for $30 that popped up today on Ebay so I'm now all set! Yeah I have a problem.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 03:13 AM   #1298
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

A few small pickups from last week:

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Jul 9, 2019, 09:06 AM   #1299
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Was that Sonic CD variant a pack in with the Sega CD at some point?

I see that one once in a while but can never figure out where it came from.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 01:48 PM   #1300
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Was that Sonic CD variant a pack in with the Sega CD at some point?

I see that one once in a while but can never figure out where it came from.
Not sure. It was packed in with something, but I'll have to look into it. This is my first copy of Sonic CD... actually it's my first legitimate Sega CD game

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Jul 9, 2019, 02:01 PM   #1301
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
Not sure. It was packed in with something, but I'll have to look into it. This is my first copy of Sonic CD... actually it's my first legitimate Sega CD game
Its the best of the old Sonic games, and its value has been going up recently so its a good one to get a hold of.

Collecting for me lately has been slow. I have not been hitting yard sales as often this year, and that was the plan. My collection is pretty much where I want it to be and don't really have the space to dedicate to more gaming stuff for now. I have still however been picking up games here and there when I see things I really want, but I'm passing up a lot of stuff that I used to pick up just to resell to fund purchases. Now I will simply save my time and just buy what I want when I want it, which is easier since there's not much else I've been wanting.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 03:13 PM   #1302
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

Quote:
Its the best of the old Sonic games, and its value has been going up recently so its a good one to get a hold of.

Collecting for me lately has been slow. I have not been hitting yard sales as often this year, and that was the plan. My collection is pretty much where I want it to be and don't really have the space to dedicate to more gaming stuff for now. I have still however been picking up games here and there when I see things I really want, but I'm passing up a lot of stuff that I used to pick up just to resell to fund purchases. Now I will simply save my time and just buy what I want when I want it, which is easier since there's not much else I've been wanting.
Yup, same here. As my collection has grown larger, it's been getting harder and harder to find things I want but don't yet have, at prices I'm willing to pay. I've reached diminishing returns, and that makes game hunting a little less fun... when I can go through an entire used game store and not really find anything I want to buy... That feeling makes me a little less likely to budget time for it in the future. Whereas a few years ago, every visit felt like a wild shopping spree, as I found more treasures than I had cash to buy.

I may start to expand into sega disks, as I don't have many legitimate Sega CD, Saturn, or Dreamcast disks. But all of those are pretty expensive, so I'll have to do it slowly. There's a handful of other consoles, but I'm less interested in them (intellivision, Jaguar, 3D0, etc.). I have some interest in coleco, or maybe turbografx, but haven't started collecting for them as of yet.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580

Last edited by SubCog : Jul 9, 2019 at 04:17 PM.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 03:21 PM   #1303
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Even when I was hunting all the time I never really bothered with game stores, since I could never justify the inflated prices they needed to have to keep the lights on. Might as well just stay home and shop Ebay.

I've cut down on the weekend yard sales but I do still make the regular stops at thrift stores since they're right on my way home. Mainly because I still enjoy the thrill of just finding a gem in the wild. The difference for me now though is I'm passing up all the filler inventory type stuff I'd pick up just to flip. I've decided its not worth my time anymore to sell.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 08:18 PM   #1304
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Here's my most recent finds. All from local thrift stores. I wish it was Def Jam Fight for NY on the PS2 or GameCube, but I'll settle for the Xbox.

Old Jul 11, 2019, 06:57 PM   #1305
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

I keep meaning to get a copy of MK Trilogy, if I can find it at a decent price. I think I'm aiming to get the n64 version, as I find that one fascinating.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Jul 11, 2019, 08:52 PM   #1306
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Quote:
I keep meaning to get a copy of MK Trilogy, if I can find it at a decent price. I think I'm aiming to get the n64 version, as I find that one fascinating.
I own both now. I'd definitely go for the N64 version if I had to choose. The audio on the PS1 is much better but the load times suck compared to on N64.

I think this is probably the best MK game to get by the way. At least of the classic MK games.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 11:28 AM   #1307
Athena
Radeon Volcanic Islands

Athena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyAthena can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Wowzers Meteor, you got collectors skills bro!! O_O

Old Jul 12, 2019, 12:47 PM   #1308
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

I have my strategies that I follow with regularity, and do get lucky sometimes. Honestly though for as much as I hunt I don't find squat 9 times out of 10. But that 1 out of 10 that I do feels really nice and that feeling is the main reason I continue to hunt.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 12:28 PM   #1309
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

A not awful haul at Classic Game Fest today. $71 total spend.
Elysian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2019, 06:49 PM   #1310
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Great classic games.

If you're not going for the boxes also, I'd just sell the manuals and recoup some $.
Old Jul 27, 2019, 11:25 PM   #1311
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

I picked up a few items at California Extreme today. Funny that this event is the same weekend as Classic Game Fest. I think I recall something similar last year as well. Anyways, California Extreme has more vendors every year, but it's not a giant shopping event. The big one I go to each year is Portland, which I think is more similar to Classic Game Fest. California Extreme is mostly just a giant arcade party.

I've picked up a spare n64 power supply for a couple bucks a few years back, so I've been waiting to find a good deal on an n64 missing the power brick. Got this one for $15.

The GameBoy sound isn't working, but I have another unit with working sound but a broken screen... I can combine them into one good working unit. Still I should have haggled instead of paying the sticker price.

I was considering picking up an Atari 5200 and a few games for $75... it'll prolly still be there tomorrow, I expect. But I'm really on the fence about the 5200. Also saw a Vita for $130, but it had a few scratches on the screen and it's a bit pricey.

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Jul 28, 2019, 12:38 PM   #1312
Elysian
SCAATSJW

Elysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling freshElysian kills 99.99% of germs and leaves hands feeling fresh

Went back today with the wife and grabbed this for $20.

Old Jul 28, 2019, 09:00 PM   #1313
Seyiji
Team 🌙 Moon

Seyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of ReputationSeyiji has achieved the Highest Pinnacle of Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysian View Post
Went back today with the wife and grabbed this for $20.

Hawt

-"---"-
Rage3D PC Gaming Hit-List
Official PC Gaming Deals Thread
Has the above thread been misplaced/renamed/merged/stickied/locked? Well then there's a doins transpirin! Find the tome and bring forth the sacrifice to restore peace and order.
"VIAGRA FALLS, slowly I turned, and step by step, inch by inch, I walked up to him, I smashed him, I hit him, I bonked him, I bopped him, I socked him and I mashed his face and I knocked him down."
Seyiji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2019, 08:59 AM   #1314
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Awesome, I've always wanted one of those Super Advantage controllers. They are, at least in my area, very hard to find. I don't think I've ever even seen one for sale locally. They are just nowhere to be found.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 09:34 AM   #1315
Elysian
SCAATSJW

There was a 2nd one at the show that was also $25, but it was in poor condition. I was surprised this one bit on $20, but maybe because it was the last day. I haven't tested it yet, I just loved the NES Advantage a lot, so this seemed like a no brainer (though not manufactured by Nintendo, still looks really comparable).
Old Jul 29, 2019, 10:24 AM   #1316
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Yeah not made by Nintendo but is officially licensed.

I love these arcade stick style controllers because I'm a big shoot 'em up fan and they are great for them.
Old Aug 30, 2019, 12:04 PM   #1317
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Been about a month since posting. Still pick up game finds here and there, but lately I have been bit by the original Xbox bug. Never really owned one personally but have to say I am enjoying this console, and surprised by the quality of it. On the collecting side I am just finding OG Xbox games a lot lately so its been really easy to collect for, which makes it fun! Here's the collection so far, except for a few that I had already pretty much all these were found over the past couple months at thrift stores, including this console and controllers in amazing shape that I found at a local consignment shop for $25.

Old Aug 30, 2019, 02:16 PM   #1318
SubCog
Radeon Arctic Islands

PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP
og xbox, xbox360, xbone
Atari 2600, 7800
Neo Geo Pocket Color

riva tnt
tnt2
32 meg geforce2mx
kyro 2
radeon8500
radeon9600
radeon9800pro
radeon x800pro
geforce 8800gtx
radeon 6850
radeon 280
radeon 580
Old Aug 30, 2019, 04:16 PM   #1319
CurrentlyPissed
Mad, not drunk.

CurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled withCurrentlyPissed is not someone to be trifled with

I'll never forget when I got Dragon Ball GT Final Bout from Blockbuster for $10 after I was so late returning it that they "sold it" to my account. Sold it for $180 and this was back in the 90s/early 2000s.. Tried to go back and get more, but I guess they caught on, or someone did because it was pulled from the shelves.

Was this game
Quote:
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it back. Remember when life is dragging you back, you are just moments away from springing forward.

So keep aiming.

-Interwebz
CurrentlyPissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 31, 2019, 09:10 AM   #1320
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Wow I never knew that game was ever that valuable. I'm not much of a Dragonball fan though.