Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Gaming and Computing Forums » PC Gaming
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

PC Gaming Discuss all PC games, past and present. Talk about your favorite games, share tips and strategies, and anything else relating to computer games.

Old Mar 3, 2016, 03:26 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Sundance Kid V2
Rage3D Spammer

Sundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dialSundance Kid V2 is on Chuck Norris' speed-dial

PC Master Race Steam changes - Steam bundles will be cheaper if you own some of the games

Linky

There's a big shake-up coming to how Steam's bundle purchases work, giving them dynamic pricing. In official documentation given to developers and received by PCGN, Valve have outlined a redesign of Steam bundles so that they automatically give buyers that already own some of the products within a discount. This scales based on the number of products, and is already available on some bundles in the wild, though remains officially unannounced. This also has the knock-on effect of making sure that bundles are properly discounted when their components are on timed sales.

Good stuff!!
Sundance Kid V2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2016, 07:04 AM   #2
Darkz0r
Italian Brazilian Rager

Darkz0r can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyDarkz0r can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Great stuff, finally!!
Main: I5 [email protected] 1.2v/ GTX 980 Ti AMP Extreme/ 16GB Kingston Beast/ ASROCK Extreme 6/ Samsung Pro 1TB+500GB + 3TB HDD's/ Razer Mamba, Goliathus Speed Medium, Nostromo/ Corsair K95 RGB/ Qnix QX 2710 / CM Storm Stryker/ Asus RT-AC66U
- Steam Profile - |
BF3 Stats | BF4 Stats
Darkz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2016, 07:34 AM   #3
General Lee
High-tech Redneck

General Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

I approve of this, but the recent increase in trade and community market restrictions are pissing me off. Now they are introducing holds on items being sold on the market if you don't jump through all the hoops they had set up just for trading.

In some ways, Valve are moving in the right direction WRT their customers, such as this and refunds, but they are going to far trying to "protect" customers' accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
All I am envisioning right now is the General Lee car with no paint, Cheetos stuffed into the gas tank, and coming out the tail pipe, in a huge pool of Jello :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
This is why we can't have nice things. Honestly, this is our own fault and we deserve what we get. We continue to elect these guys. We honestly deserve everything that happens to us.
General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement (Guests Only)
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Mar 3, 2016, 08:21 AM   #4
Meteor_of_War
USA-holes

Meteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselMeteor_of_War exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Steam trade holds are a non issue, IMO. People need to just start using the Steam Guard mobile authenticator and this wont be a problem. They should be using it anyways for better security.

I know there are some situations where they can't though, like having a Windows phone. But most people have no excuse. It kills me how many people on my friends list give me the trade hold prompt. Makes it very frustrating to make a trade.

As to the thread topic, good stuff.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 09:09 AM   #5
Dwarden
Bohemia Interactive

Dwarden is still being judged by the masses

GOG as competition helps with better service in STEAM

btw. I really wish STEAM Guard had SMS service next to the 'mobile auth app'
needed CCC features == online up2date Game profiles or ALL features of ATT / RadeonPro (if you fail deliver don't even try say You got technical advantage)

Last edited by Dwarden : Mar 3, 2016 at 11:25 PM.
Dwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2016, 09:11 AM   #6
bittermann
I didn't do it

bittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single boundbittermann can leap small-ish buildings in a single bound

This seems like a really good idea. Hope it works out as good as it sounds.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 11:28 AM   #7
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'theshadowcult once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'theshadowcult once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'theshadowcult once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'theshadowcult once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'theshadowcult once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarden View Post
GOG as completion helps with better service in STEAM
What do you mean by that?
Old Mar 3, 2016, 11:26 PM   #8
Dwarden
Bohemia Interactive

Dwarden is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshadowcult View Post
What do you mean by that?
competition means there is innovation ...

if one service does something better or really well, the other one must react
needed CCC features == online up2date Game profiles or ALL features of ATT / RadeonPro (if you fail deliver don't even try say You got technical advantage)
Dwarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2016, 11:49 PM   #9
ThirdEye
Hacking and Rigging

ThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pmThirdEye achieves Nirvana on Tuesdays at 4:00pm

Subscriber

completion means it's time to throw the tissue in the toilet.
ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2016, 06:16 AM   #10
General Lee
High-tech Redneck

General Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin DieselGeneral Lee exchanges holiday cards with Vin Diesel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor_of_War View Post
Steam trade holds are a non issue, IMO. People need to just start using the Steam Guard mobile authenticator and this wont be a problem. They should be using it anyways for better security.

I know there are some situations where they can't though, like having a Windows phone. But most people have no excuse. It kills me how many people on my friends list give me the trade hold prompt. Makes it very frustrating to make a trade.

As to the thread topic, good stuff.
Trade holds are one thing, but now they are doing the same thing to the market, only instead of a three days, your transactions may be put on hold for up to 15 days. I can understand the need for security, but with all the restrictions they have come up with, they make it pretty much impossible, or at least impractical, to trade or use the Community Market if you don't use the Authenticator App. If you use a Windows phone, you are SOL.

Basically, someone who has to wait 15 days will try to sell something when it's actually worth something, but by the time the transaction is completed, the item is only worth pennies. Steam Guard was a good idea, and I can see the use in short-term holds, but there are still many things that can cause a fully legit user with both Steam Guard enabled and the Authenticator App to have their account assets frozen. Even wiping cookies from your browser can cause this. It's getting ridiculous.

As for this newest idea of making bundles cheaper if you own some of the games in the bundle, I think it's almost as brilliant as refunds. We should have had refunds long ago, as well this, but late is better than never. I've heard that there were some issues with refunds, such as people buying an indie game and completing it before the two-hour mark, and then refunding it, but I don't see any foreseeable problems with this new approach to bundles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisberg View Post
All I am envisioning right now is the General Lee car with no paint, Cheetos stuffed into the gas tank, and coming out the tail pipe, in a huge pool of Jello :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike126 View Post
This is why we can't have nice things. Honestly, this is our own fault and we deserve what we get. We continue to elect these guys. We honestly deserve everything that happens to us.
General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2016, 08:59 AM   #11
theshadowcult
Radeon Arctic Islands

theshadowcult once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'theshadowcult once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'theshadowcult once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'theshadowcult once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'theshadowcult once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'theshadowcult once won a refrigerator on 'The Price is Right'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwarden View Post
competition means there is innovation ...

if one service does something better or really well, the other one must react
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
completion means it's time to throw the tissue in the toilet.
Oh, you meant to say competition. That makes way more sense
Old Mar 4, 2016, 09:10 AM   #12
Brainstew
The Nameless One

Brainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultyBrainstew can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I thought it already worked like this? Shows what I know.