Go Back   Rage3D » Rage3D Discussion Area » Community and Site Discussions » Front Page News
Rage3D Subscribe Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Front Page News News and Rage3D articles as it appears on the frontpage.

Old Nov 2, 2015, 08:04 AM   #1
Advertisement (Guests Only)

Login or Register to remove this ad
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwards

Subscriber
Default AMD focuses on software; enter Radeon Software: Crimson

Today's the day AMD unveils its new software strategy for the years to come; the Catalyst suite that has been with us for more than 13 years is going away. What will take its place? Make sure you read our write-up about the exciting stuff the guys from Austin have in the pipeline.

Read: AMD focuses on software; enter Radeon Software: Crimson

Last edited by Lupine : Nov 2, 2015 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Radeon
Kombatant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2015, 10:15 AM   #2
Ramazz
Radeon R300

Ramazz is still being judged by the masses

Just in time!! I just put together my first gaming pc in 7+ years using an Asus Strix Radeon R9 380 4g to play Thief which I bought last year and likely the Witcher series as I played the first one when it came out years ago and loved it.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 10:16 AM   #3
flopper
Radeon R700

flopper is still being judged by the masses

Runs best with AMD radeon hardware.
thats like the best looking software ever.
Login or Register to remove this ad
Old Nov 2, 2015, 11:31 AM   #4
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Looks great, and hope their execution matches.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2015, 01:12 PM   #5
SOCOM Ops
Radeon R520

SOCOM Ops is still being judged by the masses

Hehe. Good news indeed! A nice step up from the old Catalyst drivers.

Good on AMD to reorganize and consolidate graphics design into one body. Long live Radeon Technologies Group!

Cant wait to download and test CRIMSON

REST IN PEACE VENGEANCE 1965-2008
SOCOM Ops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2015, 02:54 PM   #6
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

I'm not sure I understand? Why not continue to make CCC run faster?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2015, 04:15 PM   #7
DarkFoss
Radeon R700

DarkFoss is still being judged by the masses

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroidfox View Post
I'm not sure I understand? Why not continue to make CCC run faster?
Eliminating duplication efforts, new media support like Twitch. The CCC for windows uses .net the CCC for Linux is already written in QT. Someone mentioned at Phoronix the upcoming merger of Android & ChromeOs.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/10/29/a...ing-next-year/

It really makes sense to me that AMD rewrote/designed Crimson from the ground up at this time. QT seems to fit the crossplatform requirement nicely.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 05:27 PM   #8
metroidfox
dAMD fanATical nVidiot

metroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficultymetroidfox can beat 'Minesweeper' on any difficulty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFoss View Post
Eliminating duplication efforts, new media support like Twitch. The CCC for windows uses .net the CCC for Linux is already written in QT. Someone mentioned at Phoronix the upcoming merger of Android & ChromeOs.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/10/29/a...ing-next-year/

It really makes sense to me that AMD rewrote/designed Crimson from the ground up at this time. QT seems to fit the crossplatform requirement nicely.
Excellent. Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr()ZaC
Spyre, I told you before! I won't let you have mensechs with metroidfox nor give you the secret address to the admins p0rn server! :drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainess
:lol: @ sig ............ now get me OUTTA THERE!! :mad:
metroidfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2015, 05:58 PM   #9
DarkFoss
Radeon R700

DarkFoss is still being judged by the masses

Your welcome.

I wonder what this will do to DDU ? I've gotten accustomed to using it instead of AMD's built in uninstaller.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 06:01 PM   #10
rms
Radeon R420

rms is still being judged by the masses

Good overview, thanks!
rms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2015, 07:26 PM   #11
eNforcer
Radeon Northern Islands

eNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird singseNforcer knows why the caged bird sings

I wish Nvidia would tweak the Geforce Experience thing into a more responsive modern/metro/new windows type software. It's pretty awful, it's like they threw on shitty custom WinXP theme.

Good on AMD for doing this, it looks great.
eNforcer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2015, 02:54 AM   #12
Kombatant
K to the max!™

Kombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwardsKombatant can recite pi backwards

Subscriber

You can be sure that we'll have an article up about the new drivers as soon as they are released, with how these features translate to real world usage and performance comparisons with the previous drivers
Old Nov 3, 2015, 03:40 AM   #13
noko
Radeon Arctic Islands

noko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete strangernoko once held a door open for a complete stranger

I hope the new drivers/interface performs as good as it looks. I do like the per game aspect which cough cough you can do already but is very cumbersome compared to Nvidia's method. I wonder what new features are in store? SMAA injector? More CFX options? OC refresh rates? Sound section with TruAudio? We have had audio onboard Radeon's for awhile, might be useful to have an interface for it.
noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:21 PM   #14
Lupine
Administrator

Lupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at bestLupine considers Jack Bauer an amateur at best

Crimson is official, and so far the stability feedback in our forums (discussion thread) isn't wholly positive. Be cool to see a performance follow-up review, with hopefully some suggestions on how to minimize issues being reported.
Lupine is offline   Reply With Quote